Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I can understand those of you who've watched steadily for years not excited about another Kiriakis/Dimera feud, but as I missed many years, it's been a while for me.  

And since I've been back, I've suffered through "The Pier One Elephant Mystery" and "Mrs. Robinson... er... Donavon". And then there was "Nicole Finds then Loses the Love of her Life" and before that "Nicole's Conversations With Herself". And of course "The Retcon of Maggie's Long Lost Daughter". And I'm sure there's more I've managed to block from my memory.

So I'm actually pretty good with the idea of all the Kiriakis men being in the same story-line even if it is a versus the Dimera's feud.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Good for Gabi being proactive. And haha! for Dario's thug ratting him out. And good for Gabi for taking on Dario.

I loved Gabi today!  Finally!  She knows what her awful brother did out of his stupid, pointless daddy issues!  And Camila held her own fantastically against Jordi when Gabi was reaming Dario out.  I only wish she had said more.  Or at least slapped or punched him.

Sorry, @DisneyBoy.  Despite you being okay with him never being found out, looks like he was.:)  I only wonder how long it is until Gabi tells Rafe, assuming she does?

Edited by Michel
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I can understand those of you who've watched steadily for years not excited about another Kiriakis/Dimera feud, but as I missed many years, it's been a while for me.  

And since I've been back, I've suffered through "The Pier One Elephant Mystery" and "Mrs. Robinson... er... Donavon". And then there was "Nicole Finds then Loses the Love of her Life" and before that "Nicole's Conversations With Herself". And of course "The Retcon of Maggie's Long Lost Daughter". And I'm sure there's more I've managed to block from my memory.

So I'm actually pretty good with the idea of all the Kiriakis men being in the same story-line even if it is a versus the Dimera's feud.

Hahaha!  Great post!!  You're right.  After those debacles, this certainly can't be worse.  And we get to see Brady trying to look smart, always good for a few laughs.

• Love 6

So Kate is aligned with the Dimeras? What about Phillip being her son and on Team Kiriakis?  Will Lucas be Team Dimera like his mom, thus causing a split with Adrienne when she is put in a position where she feels the need to be Team Kiriakis in defense of Justin and Sonny, because I agree that I saw that old spark between Justin and Adrienne and I've got to say I'm liking it.

Dario remains awful, but I'll take him over, "I'm so bland and pointless, I make drying paint look deep and meaningful," aka Rafe.

• Love 6

Chad is aligning himself with Salem's own version of Fiona Goode.  Does he really trust Kate that much? It seems like they're dumbing him down for this storyline.

Theresa and Gabi were very enjoyable today.  I'm glad Gabi's thug brother finally got found out.  Too bad she won't tell the cops what he did.

I love looking at Deimos and liked the character at first, but I don't understand what he's supposed to be now. They've given him this annoying oily personality where he's kissing everyone's rears and it doesn't suit him.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 6

I don't think Show was going for a comedy vibe with the Kiriakis Klan Klog Danceathon the boys were having in the living room but that's what I got.  JPL was like a Looney Tunes cartoon today with all the tics, the hair tossing, the mouth gyrations and for a moment I thought he'd been taken over by the voice of Paul Lynde as he got all waspish with Brady.   He's the worst actor on Show and that includes the teen scene.  He IS unintentionally funny, though.  

Then there's Justin with the occasional raised voice, Sonny looking like he's a refugee from a Save the Children commercial, and Deimos acting like Mother Superior.  

But Brady and Philip's fighting was the best.  

3%20stooges.gif

Oh those boys!!  I've never seen anyone make faces like JPL.  He needs a pie in the face.

Gabi was great, Theresa was tremendous, even though everything she said about Brady was bullshit.  But well said bullshit.

Now, after all that Kiriakis nonsense, how about we lock up the menfolk and let the women of Salem take care of business?

• Love 10

Paul Lynde? That is a blast from the past.

Chad, find Andre a do-nothing job. Of course, you are now in bed with two Cobras. Have some anti-venom up your sleeve and out-DiMera them.

Gabi, you go girl. I would still turn in Dario.

The Kiriakis men?  Useless.

• Love 6

I think we're already past the Dena Higley Transitional Grace Period...and about go deep into DooDoo Territory.

...when is Theresa leaving again? Do we have a date? I might need a finish line to stay motivated here.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

So Kate is aligned with the Dimeras? What about Phillip being her son and on Team Kiriakis?

Kate looks out for #1 at all costs.

2 hours ago, boes said:

Sonny looking like he's a refugee from a Save the Children commercial,

Sonny really does look out of place with the rest of the Kiriakis'. Why is Prictor allowing him to be brought completely into the fold so quickly? Say what you will about Phillip and Brady, but at least they actually have years of experience running the company. Sonny's nightclub/restaurant was hardly a raging success so I'm not sure what he knows about business. That being said, I would be fine with him simply working at Titan, but why are people talking about illegal/shady dealings around him? He's never been a part of that world. Dark Sonny - if that's what this is supposed to be- has come out of nowhere. Simply saying that he's "changed" after Will's murder isn't enough.

I think Brady ordering hits on people is out of character as well. I know the writers have flirted with making him a little darker, but trying to have people murdered is quite the leap. And why is Justin ok with all of this? Is he Dark now, too? 

• Love 3

I couldn't even process the fact that Brady was ordering men to kill the convicts. The fact that we didn't see the men, the fact that we didn't see the shootout, the fact that this was a subplot in an episode last week that basically consisted of a before-and-after scene...none of that help to give it any gravitas.

I almost feel like they wrote that scene for Theresa yesterday so that the viewers would throw some side-eye towards Brady and her as a couple. After all, if he's ordering hits and she is hysterically defending him we won't be too upset to see them split up in a couple of weeks, right? That just seems like the kind of writing Dena would do.

Of course this is the show that had Abigail stalk and seduce EJ and expected us to view her as the virginal victim, so who knows. maybe they thought that scene yesterday really was romantic...

Sonny really does look out of place with the rest of the Kiriakis'.

I'm ready for a recast. Freddy has no chemistry with Paul and really just seems like the kind of guy who works at a kids daycare center. You can really tell he's being included in the Kiriakis family scenes out of obligation. I don't believe for a second that Victor or Deimos or Philip would want to do business or plan shady plots with Sonny around to potentially whistleblow.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Kate looks out for #1 at all costs.

Sonny really does look out of place with the rest of the Kiriakis'. Why is Prictor allowing him to be brought completely into the fold so quickly? Say what you will about Phillip and Brady, but at least they actually have years of experience running the company. Sonny's nightclub/restaurant was hardly a raging success so I'm not sure what he knows about business. That being said, I would be fine with him simply working at Titan, but why are people talking about illegal/shady dealings around him? He's never been a part of that world. Dark Sonny - if that's what this is supposed to be- has come out of nowhere. Simply saying that he's "changed" after Will's murder isn't enough.

I think Brady ordering hits on people is out of character as well. I know the writers have flirted with making him a little darker, but trying to have people murdered is quite the leap. And why is Justin ok with all of this? Is he Dark now, too? 

Justin has always had a darkness in him..The show has not showed that side in years...Justin once put a hit out on Adrienne's lover Emilio....He was also very abusive emotionally with Adrienne, during that time..It is not out of character for Justin to be okay with the Kiriakis family business..What is out of character, is him allowing Sonny to be  a part of it..Dena forgot that Justin and Adrienne wanted their four sons away from the Kiriakis influence, that is why they moved to Texas years ago...

• Love 2

I know Justin can have shady tendencies, but these last few years - before he became a corrupt, irrational DA and cheater - he was mostly decent and tried to do the right thing. Now all of a sudden he's in on Prictor's/Titan's illegal dealings. Nothing on screen showed this transformation. It just happened. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I almost feel like they wrote that scene for Theresa yesterday so that the viewers would throw some side-eye towards Brady and her as a couple. After all, if he's ordering hits and she is hysterically defending him we won't be too upset to see them split up in a couple of weeks, right? That just seems like the kind of writing Dena would do.

Theresa and Brady as a couple, has never made any sense to me...They have no spark, no excitement, they don't bring the best out of each other...I don't understand why they are even together. Ejamie had more reasons to be together than Thrady. This relationship highlights Brady's idiocy. If Dena wants to break them up, she should go ahead and do it..Theresa had a nice spark with JJ, once upon a time..The show no longer creates couples naturally anymore...Couples are so random and nonsensical.....

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I know Justin can have shady tendencies, but these last few years - before he became a corrupt, irrational DA and cheater - he was mostly decent and tried to do the right thing. Now all of a sudden he's in on Prictor's/Titan's illegal dealings. Nothing on screen showed this transformation. It just happened. 

True, it may be random, but, it is not out of character for Justin...I feel that Alex Kiriakis, should have been the one to pull his dad back into the Kiriakis shady dealings and it would have been a perfect conflict for Justin and Adrienne....Adrienne being horrified about her son being a Kiriakis in every sense,  would have been rooted in her history with Justin...Justin and Adrienne both having affairs again, was a repeat of their past stories on the show....Alex should be mixing it up with Brady and Philip about the family's businesses....

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, boes said:

Has Alex even been shown since he was a little one?  Why would he automatically be the bad guy?

No, he would not be a bad guy, but, more of a grey character and his biological mother was Anjelica Devereaux who was a force to be reckon with...Anjelica and Adrienne sparring over Justin and Alex would be awesome, if written right...If General Hospital could loan us Jane Elliot for that story..I would be over the moon..Justin and Anjelica were hot together...I would love to see Jack and Anjelica interact again....I always felt that Anjelica did not get a proper ending..She just gave up Alex too easily, to Justin and Adrienne to raise...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I love the fact that the cops Hope was talking to completely ignored her and just continued going about their work like they had no shits to give...

It's a competition now between who I feel more pity for - Daniel Cosgrove or Aiden. When you think about it Aidan really hasn't done anything wrong. He got into debt with the DiMeras and made a stupid bargain, but he never attacked Hope, he had nothing to do with Chase becoming a rapist, he didn't try to blow up Rafe, and yet still he's basically hoping to get back to where things were before Dena Higley started writing for him. We share your pain Aiden! it would be so nice to go back to that time wouldn't it?

At least Cosgrove seem to be having fun and acting the hell out of this scenes.

....aaaaaand Hope just brought up how Chase shot his mother!! Who called it? I don't remember but I'm high-fiving the hell out of you! Deeeeeelicious!

Really liking this episode, in spite of crappy Ciara's jealous face.  

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's a competition now between who I feel more pity for - Daniel Cosgrove or Aiden. When you think about it Aidan really hasn't done anything wrong. She got into debt with the DiMeras and made a stupid bargain, but he never attacked hope, he had nothing to do with Chase becoming a rapist, he didn't try to blow up race, and yet still he's basically hoping to get back to where things were before Dena Higley started writing for him. We share your pain isn't it would be so nice to go back to that time wouldn't it?

To be fair, he did contemplate killing her and to me that is just as bad....He could have told Hope about the Dimera deal...He came to town to seduce Hope..That was a retcon by Dena to smear Aiden....

• Love 1

Why doesn't Hope just kill Aiden? I mean yes - it's hardly heroic...but he was already made a target by the three convicts so she could probably stage it to look like one of them tracked him down and did the deed. I don't think viewers would like it all that much, but with Rafe and Roman and Ciara's fates hanging in the balance here, it's certainly an option for this new, greyer Hope.

Could this show please give us a flashback montage explaining how that whole storyline with Orpheus originally went? I'm assuming they still have the footage, and even if they skip over a lot of the details, flashing back to it would make it a lot easier for current viewers to understand the significance of all this....

Abe is killing me here.....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I dont know if i am having a Twilight Zone moment, but I actually enjoyed the Orpheus and Joey scenes. I think they played pretty well off of each other today. 

And Hope played the "Chase killed his mom card." Does she not realize that she is part of the coverup herself? As an officer of the law she should have reported it when she found out. Although both Hope and Chase comitted murder, Chase killing his mother was accidental. Hope killing Stefano was premeditated. But she will get out of it by claiming temporary insanity.

• Love 4

I loved the episode today..The only bad part was seeing Hope and her purse holder Rafe...What a horrible couple....I am still team Aiden..I don't give a damn about Hope....

Orpheus is still the best villain and his children were always his weak spot..He was always motivated by love and the lost of love..I loved Marlena's assessment of Orpheus...I loved stayla and Jarlena talking about their common enemy..

I loved the fact that he mentioned his kids..I feel that we should have gotten some flashbacks of him holding Marlena captive on his island.....They had some awesome scenes during that time....I love that Joey is playing the Marlena role this time. He is reacting to Orpheus' lost, just like Marlena did in the past...Joey being sympathetic to Orpheus,despite being his prisoner would be a good story for the show tell, after he is rescued....I want his kids to come to town..

I loved the Abe/Theo scenes...Abe is actually a character in his own right and not just a glorified extra..I want Brandon, Jet, Benjamin, Cameron and Jonah to come back and give him, their love and support...If Faye came back from the dead, I would be so happy...The show missed an opportunity in not exploring in depth, a Faye/Abe relationship...Abe deserves a love interest..They flirted  that idea with Kayla and Maxine and nothing came of it...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I will side with anyone over Hope and Rafe. They disgust me.

Does Hope even have any proof that Chase killed his mother?

STFU Ciara. You discarded Theo for his married widowed uncle so you don't get to act jealous now that Claire is showing interest in him.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

Um....what?????? My soul has still not recovered from Shane and ....can't finish the sentence. 

Same here.....that was the worst couple on the show for so many reasons....I remember the uproar over Shane and......

Tomsell briefly flirted with the idea of putting Kayla and Abe together, but, it went nowhere....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Does Hope even have any proof that Chase killed his mother?

STFU Ciara. You discarded Theo for his married widowed uncle so you don't get to act jealous now that Claire is showing interest in him.

Well this isn't surprising me. Consider the females in her family. Not to mention her mother's continuing man saga. 

• Love 3

Must be nice to be able to raise $20 million at the drop of a hat.

Man, Aiden is a disgusting stalker.

I'm laughing at Ciara being all jealous over Claire and Theo.  Serves you right.

Man, James Reynolds is doing a great job of acting in pain.  He makes me hurt.

"Federal prisons discourage inmates from having personal possessions."  I call bullshit. But wait, they were in a federal prison?  What federal crimes did Clyde and Xander commit?

Orpheus has kids? It was interesting to see him being paternal towards Joey. The Orpheus and JJ scenes were very well done.

Joey DID NOT figure out a way to get Claire out of there, Claire figured out the way herself.

• Love 3

...Steve as a kid, tried to kill his dad Duke and it was what pushed his mother Jo to give him and Jack up at the orphanage....

Can I just take a minute to use this to compare today's soaps with yesterdays? This statement kind of sums it up. So much of the "almost" killing, is what characters did long ago. It helped that many of the acts happened offscreen/before the character came to town. Now, we have Days, where at least two characters(yes, I know there are more, just using these as examples) Joey and Hope, who have both murdered, and seem far more worried about getting caught, than they are remorseful about those acts. They are walking around free, and may never be punished. On GH, we have a character talking about what a great hitman her husband used to be, just as an example-though GH these days is a cesspool of murder/attempted murder/people getting away with murder.

Back in the day, it just didn't happen as often. And usually when you had such a character on canvas, it was only a matter of time before they went to jail or they were killed off. Now, we call them "heroes" and "leads" of the shows they are on. And I think that's part of what has slowly killed soaps: the true heroes, the true characters who could be the "heart" of the show, are really hard to find. Soaps have lost what was great about them: that friends and families united, and that the bad guys DID pay-most importantly, the good guys had lines that they just wouldn't cross.

I miss that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

I'm really glad that I have not watched this show with regularity since like 1993/1994.  I want to stay 80s pure. 

I second that emotion..1990 was the beginning of the end, we had  the writers' strikes, Hope and Steve died....Ken Corday took over from his parents..The show was changing and not for the better. Once James E. Reilly took over the show, from Sheri Anderson, in the summer of 1993.....The tone of the show went,from character driven, romantic, adventure stories rooted in history, to plot driven, fantastical, campy writing..The ratings did go up, but, the unintended consequence was that we got awful writers over the years, that had no respect for the show, it's characters and it's fans...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

?

Orpheus has kids? It was interesting to see him being paternal towards Joey. 

Back in 1986, one of the first few times we saw Marlena in a mysterious tropical place after she supposedly died in the house explosion, she was cuddling up with his kids.  A boy and a girl.  The viewer didn't really know what was going on yet and my 12 year old self thought maybe she was in heaven and her "heaven" was with her own older twins...or something like that. I was confused, lol.

I love Orpheus.  

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 3
Just now, Revlonred said:

Back in 1986, one of the first few times we saw Marlena in a mysterious tropical place after she supposedly died in the house explosion, she was cuddling up with his kids.  A boy and a girl.  The viewer didn't really know what was going yet and my 12 year old self thought maybe she was in heaven and her "heaven" was with her own older twins...or something like that. I was confused, lol.

I love Orpheus.  

Marlena bonded with them, but, she missed her kids terribly and would argue with Orpheus about letting her go home.  I remember Orpheus showing her, pictures of Sami, Eric and Carrie...He threatened to kill them, if Marlena tried to escape from the island...I saw those scenes a few weeks ago....

• Love 1

Today Steve mentioned that time when Orpheus trapped him and Kayla in a storm drain.  That was in Stockholm, and that is one of my favorite episodes, ever. I mean it, ever. It was so scary, and shot really well (budget!) and after they got out, the scene that follows is one of the sexiest scenes ever.  They are soaked, and freezing, and scared, and traumatized, and clinging to each other, and it is hot and sexy and sweet and everything in between. A song is played as they walk to an inn and it is so slow, and beautiful.  They are totally falling in love and I have never really seen actors sell a WALK like that.  That scene has stuck with me for like 30 years like no other really. I think I need serious help. (I'm really pretty sane, I promise.) 

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

Today Steve mentioned that time when Orpheus trapped him and Kayla in a storm drain.  That was in Stockholm, and that is one of my favorite episodes, ever. I mean it, ever. It was so scary, and shot really well (budget!) and after they got out, the scene that follows is one of the sexiest scenes ever.  They are soaked, and freezing, and scared, and traumatized, and clinging to each other, and it is hot and sexy and sweet and everything in between. A song is played as they walk to an inn and it is so slow, and beautiful.  They are totally falling in love and I have never really seen actors sell a WALK like that.  That scene has stuck with me for like 30 years like no other really. I think I need serious help. (I'm really pretty sane, I promise.) 

What was so good about the Steve/Kayla dynamic at that time was that they did not even share, their first kiss yet..However, they were so damn hot.....The anticipation was building and you wanted them together.....Steve believed that they were too different to be together, while Kayla believed that their differences and life experiences were not insurmountable, for them to overcome..Sheri, nobody can write supercouples like you....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I love the fact that the cops Hope was talking to completely ignored her and just continued going about their work like they had no shits to give...

I know they were just extras, but they should have let one of them speak, because it really did look like they couldn't be bothered to acknowledge that Hope had spoken.

1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

I'm really glad that I have not watched this show with regularity since like 1993/1994.  I want to stay 80s pure. 

Me too. I'm not sure exactly what year I stopped watching but it was before or just as the Marlena possession story-line was starting.  So I too missed all the weird pairings like Shane and Kayla, Carrie and Lucas(?), etc. Not to mention whatever Night-time Hope was. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, buffynut said:

I know they were just extras, but they should have let one of them speak, because it really did look like they couldn't be bothered to acknowledge that Hope had spoken.

Me too. I'm not sure exactly what year I stopped watching but it was before or just as the Marlena possession story-line was starting.  So I too missed all the weird pairings like Shane and Kayla, Carrie and Lucas(?), etc. Not to mention whatever Night-time Hope was. 

Consider it to be a blessing.....

• Love 1

If an extra had acknowledged her in some clear way, with dialogue for example, that would have qualified them for higher pay from the production, as outlined by Union rules, and possibly qualified them for Union membership status as well. So when you see extras awkwardly not responding when it would be logical for them to, that's what it boils down to - money. If they keep quiet, they are only paid minimum wage, which budget-conscious productions prefer.

This was the best episode in a while.

• Love 1

JR/Abe was so awesome today.  I loved how he thanked Theo for holding his hand.  So sweet! 

I'm glad Hope brought up Chase's accidental murder of his mom (yay to the poster here that called it!) and loved her realization that behind all of Aiden's earnestness lays the soul of cold, dark man.  But otherwise?  She's a dumbass.  Why not confide in Rafe - the automaton she claims to love - that Aiden is blackmailing her so they can either: 1) plan a long con to get out of the situation or 2) come clean about her being a murderer.  If Hope wants to protect Roman and Rafe from the consequences of covering up for her, she can take all the blame herself. 

Since I've only been watching for a few years, the Kiriakis v. Dimera feud is new to me.  Like buffynut, I'll take it over stories that involve stolen elephant statues and poor Nicole having conversations with herself on a park bench any day.

5 hours ago, mj2000 said:

I dont know if i am having a Twilight Zone moment, but I actually enjoyed the Orpheus and Joey scenes. I think they played pretty well off of each other today.

Same here!  Today was the first day ever that I liked the character.  I actually felt bad for him, and that was definitely an odd feeling for me wrt Joey.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mj2000 said:

I think James Lastovic is as good as the actors he's sharing scenes with.  When he's in scenes with MBE and SN he's pretty good.  Today, with GDH I was thinking the same thing. I was actually feeling sorry for both Joey and Orpheus and it seemed like they had made some weird connection.  But put him with weaker actors (i.e. the other teens) he doesn't seem to be as good.  

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved the episode today..The only bad part was seeing Hope and her purse holder Rafe...What a horrible couple....I am still team Aiden..I don't give a damn about Hope....

Orpheus is still the best villain and his children were always his weak spot..He was always motivated by love and the lost of love..I loved Marlena's assessment of Orpheus...I loved stayla and Jarlena talking about their common enemy..

I loved the fact that he mentioned his kids..I feel that we should have gotten some flashbacks of him holding Marlena captive on his island.....They had some awesome scenes during that time....I love that Joey is playing the Marlena role this time. He is reacting to Orpheus' lost, just like Marlena did in the past...Joey being sympathetic to Orpheus,despite being his prisoner would be a good story for the show tell, after he is rescued....I want his kids to come to town..

I loved the Abe/Theo scenes...Abe is actually a character in his own right and not just a glorified extra..I want Brandon, Jet, Benjamin, Cameron and Jonah to come back and give him, their love and support...If Faye came back from the dead, I would be so happy...The show missed an opportunity in not exploring in depth, a Faye/Abe relationship...Abe deserves a love interest..They flirted  that idea with Kayla and Maxine and nothing came of it...

I love this entire post.  I too agreed that the worse thing about this episode was everything involving Hope and Rafe.  This saddens me because while I have not, do not and will not care for Rafe, Hope used to be a character I loved, now I cannot even stand her presence on my screen anymore.  I so want Hope, Rafe, and Fauzman to all get their comeuppance and lose their jobs.  It old be too much to wish for incarceration, since I doubt any of the characters will be held accountable for anything, rather, much like Hope's equally awful cousin Jennifer, the three will remain on canvass being sanctimonious and self-righteous.

Abe was so great today, both in his friendship with Kayla (dear show, remember when Abe was close friends with both Kayla and Nicole, who should be there not just based on this friendship but because Brandon is her brother, she should be his emissary), love the shifts between Kayla being Abe's doctor, Abe being a former cop and current mayor expressing his worry over the Treacherous Three, and their just being friends and expressing their fears for their sons (Kayla fearing the worst would happen to Joey and Abe confronting what all parents of special needs children do -- what will happen to their child when  they are no longer around).  The scenes with Theo were equally great.

Speaking of Theo, b***h-face much Ciara? You didn't think twice about dumping Theo when you thought you could sink your claws into what you thought was the "better deal;" now you want to worm your way back into Theo's life so he can be your fallback guy until the next "better deal" comes along.  Well screw you Hope Junior.  I might not be 100% Team Theo and Claire, but at least I believe that Claire actually likes Theo for Theo and isn't looking to throw him overboard the first chance she gets.  Whatever her many flaws may be, that does not come across as being one of them.

Loved the scenes with Marlena, John, Steve and Kayla, which should surprise no one.  I just hope this leads to an actual storyline involving them that highlights the characters in their best light.  Marlena always works when being a psychiatrist, we seeing the caring and compassionate side that helped make the character a heroine; John always works when paired with Steve and Kayla (has from the time he was Roman), it's as if the writers remember he is not stupid when they are paired; Steve works best when we see the anti-hero in him as well as the caring person Kayla fell in love with; and Kayla has always been compassion personified with a dash of common-sense concern, so seeing that way when speaking with Marlena, John, Steve and Abe as noted above thrills me.

I love the remembrance of Orpheus' kids and his love for them.  Marlena is correct, as much as Orpheus was driven by his desire for revenge for his wife's death, he was also driven by his love for his children.  I agree that his bonding with Joey would be interesting, especially since I would love the character to remain on canvass.  And no, I don't want Joey the fool or put upon chump, rather, I want more scenes like we got today where we, the audience truly get why Joey can forgive, because for the first time since Joey was aged, he actually reminded me of his mother, when he reasoned that everyone deserves a second chance (how many times did she say that to Steve and even that PoS Victor, who tried to have her killed more than once), while understanding why everyone else in town rails against Joey and his sympathy for Orpheus.

4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

More on point words have seldom been spoken.

• Love 8

Nothing to really add for today's ep. I agree with what's been said. I do hope that Joey and Orpheus bond in some way, and that Hope and Rafe get a good helping of karma.

Ciara wants men to validate her. Following in mommy's footsteps.

• Love 5

Commenting on the Titan discussion from a page back- when Philip came back and was working for Deimos and wanting to do something with the drug Titan developed for Caroline, didn't the show make a big deal about how Brady had restored Titan's reputation and how they were completely legitimate?  I also remember that a few years ago, Victor sold off the shady drug dealing part of the business to Stefano- who gave it to EJ- because he knew Brady wouldn't like it and because of his addiction issues didn't want him near it.  I remember laughing because they were setting up the contrast with Clyde vs. Vic and Stefano who made a big deal about the fact that although they were peddling illegal drugs, they never did it near any schools or playgrounds because they had kids in Salem- sort of unintentionally hilarious.

All this just to say, that yes I think Titan was supposed to be clean.  Not sure about Dimera, but when Sami and Kate ran it I thought they did a similar kind of housekeeping- but I could be wrong on that point.  Does anyone else remember?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I want more scenes like we got today where we, the audience truly get why Joey can forgive, because for the first time since Joey was aged, he actually reminded me of his mother, when he reasoned that everyone deserves a second chance

I felt Joey was just trying to work an angle with Orpheus that would make him more emotional and less likely to off him. Smartest thing he's ever done on screen, but a bit transparent.

Nicole and Brandon have the same mother? What about her sister, the one who was a bridesmaid during her wedding to EJ?

Edited by DisneyBoy

Nicole and Brandon have the same mother? what about her other sister, the one who was a bridesmaid during her wedding to EJ?

Yes, same mother.  It was thought when they were growing up that they had the same father, too, but that turned out not to be true.  Nicole's real last name is Mendez.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, penguinnj said:

Commenting on the Titan discussion from a page back- when Philip came back and was working for Deimos and wanting to do something with the drug Titan developed for Caroline, didn't the show make a big deal about how Brady had restored Titan's reputation and how they were completely legitimate?  I also remember that a few years ago, Victor sold off the shady drug dealing part of the business to Stefano- who gave it to EJ- because he knew Brady wouldn't like it and because of his addiction issues didn't want him near it.  I remember laughing because they were setting up the contrast with Clyde vs. Vic and Stefano who made a big deal about the fact that although they were peddling illegal drugs, they never did it near any schools or playgrounds because they had kids in Salem- sort of unintentionally hilarious.

All this just to say, that yes I think Titan was supposed to be clean.  Not sure about Dimera, but when Sami and Kate ran it I thought they did a similar kind of housekeeping- but I could be wrong on that point.  Does anyone else remember?

My memory is generally pretty terrible but I do remember Brady making the company clean.  He and Victor may have even had an argument or two about it. 

I also remember Sami and Kate selling off/getting rid of some of parts of DE when they teamed up to get Stefano and EJ, as they knew the shady businesses were how Stefano and EJ stayed flush.

• Love 3