Type keyword(s) to search

The Following in the Media

Saw the commercial and even though I knew it had been renewed I couldn't stop from rolling my eyes. I hope we can continue the TWOP tradition of merciliessly vivisecting this show the way it deserves.  This is the only show I have ever hate watched but it is special to me because of it.  Anybody betting that with Kevin Bacon toasting love that the object of his toast will BE toast in the first ep? 

• Love 2

I don't know why but I'm glad to see that not only did Agent Gina Mendez recover from her crazy ex's attack last season but appears to have gotten married again and become good enough friends with Ryan that he makes a toast at her wedding.

But bummed that he moved on from Carrie Cooke. Hopefully she pops up to needle the new girlfriend a bit.

(edited)

I've only seen the first few episodes, but it deserves the cancellation. Williamson should have never left The Vampire Diaries. Instead of one fun (if not deep) show we got 3 bad. Disappointing. Maybe he'll repeat his Dawson's Creek formula and return for the finale, not that I'm going to watch it though.

Edited by FurryFury

Somebody put Kevin on The Blacklist so he can be part of their incompetent FBI or Hannibal, where he can help Will Graham out.   I'd rather see Spader chew the scenery with Ryan Hardt than with Elizabeth Keene any day.  I bet he could spot a Cabal member right off.

Wait... I'm sorry... I thought the show was teaching us what to do in moments of adversity.

With the news of the cancellation.... shouldn't we be planning to kill Kevin, and perhaps several of the losers in our "kill cells" in order to make the point that The Following is *evermore*?

Or are we all supposed to dance to Footloose? I am so confused by this....

• Love 1

Is anyone shocked that it's been canceled?

I have been on vacation and just got back so hadn't watched this weeks episode until last night. It was just as awful as usual and yet I can't quit watching. I was thinking to myself that the only way I will stop is if this show gets cancelled.  And I see this! Finally! I am free of this crapfest. Thank you Fox!!!

The only thing I will miss about the show is Snookums amazing recaps.

• Love 3

*blushes*

Awww! I'll miss writing them but I'm ready to get off this train too. The show's such a shit tornado that you can't stop watching even as it beats your intelligence to a pulp.

• Love 2
Or are we all supposed to dance to Footloose?

Finally! I am free of this crapfest. Thank you Fox!!!

I would imagine these are both Mr. Bacon's reactions to the news!

• Love 3

I have been on vacation and just got back so hadn't watched this weeks episode until last night. It was just as awful as usual and yet I can't quit watching. I was thinking to myself that the only way I will stop is if this show gets cancelled.  And I see this! Finally! I am free of this crapfest. Thank you Fox!!!

This post makes no sense.  You hated it but you couldn't quit watching?  Every TV show that I ended up hating was easy for me to dismiss.  

Is anyone shocked that it's been canceled?

I am, kind of.  It was never destined to last forever, but I thought Kevin Bacon's semi-star status might've helped it last two or three more seasons at least.  I think the writers' attempt to try and turn the show into something of a soap opera is what drove people away in large numbers.  I always thought that the writers tried to fix things that weren't broken to begin with.  Big mistake!

Honestly, I was genuinely surprised it got a season three. Season one was fun, if occasionally silly - the genuine scares and gore made up for the flaws in plotting (the long term nature of some of the plans was chilling and creepy) but season two was more stupid than good, and even if Joe wasn't dead, I honestly don't see what a season four would bring.

I've always thought tho, that this show should end with all of the characters, especially the dead ones, having a dance a la Footloose :)

• Love 2

Anyone know spoilers on the season (now series) end? I want to watch the last episodes and finish it off but I'd hate to have a cliffhanger ending knowing it'll never be resolved. Although I did hear that Warner was shopping around for another network to pick it up but with felling viewers will they get any takers

I have been on vacation and just got back so hadn't watched this weeks episode until last night. It was just as awful as usual and yet I can't quit watching. I was thinking to myself that the only way I will stop is if this show gets cancelled. And I see this! Finally! I am free of this crapfest. Thank you Fox!!!

• Love 1

This makes perfect sense to me, I so agree with you :) I have watched since the first episode & this last season has been hard to watch. But I couldn't stop watching because I want to know what happens with the characters, especially Ryan Hardy. Love Kevin Bacon!

What I won't miss is trying to see what's happening all the time. Lots of the scenes are too dark & I can barely see what is happening!

• Love 3

This makes perfect sense to me, I so agree with you :) I have watched since the first episode & this last season has been hard to watch. But I couldn't stop watching because I want to know what happens with the characters, especially Ryan Hardy. Love Kevin Bacon!

What I won't miss is trying to see what's happening all the time. Lots of the scenes are too dark & I can barely see what is happening!

I'm glad you understand LovesLinus! This show had dreadful writing but I do love Kevin Bacon and I enjoyed watching James Purefoy gleefully chewing the scenery whenever he was on screen. I also had to see what happened to Ryan every week and watch how many rules and regulations he would break which usually resulted in the suspect getting away,

The first season was the best and I think they made a mistake killing off so many of the more interesting characters. This season they made the mistake in not having James Purefoy appear in the first several episodes because he and Ryan are the best part of the show.

• Love 3

Awww! I'll miss writing them but I'm ready to get off this train too. The show's such a shit tornado that you can't stop watching even as it beats your intelligence to a pulp.

This is a perfect description of this show. I know how badly written and plotted this show is/was and yet I couldn't stop myself from watching every episode.......

I've always thought tho, that this show should end with all of the characters, especially the dead ones, having a dance a la Footloose :)

I don't care how cheesy or silly this would be, I would love to see this happen. Dancing down the halls of the generic FBI building and out onto the streets with Kevin Bacon in the lead (of course) where they would be joined by Emma, Roderick, Jacob, Debra, Paul, Mandy, Lily.....

• Love 2
(edited)

Honestly, wouldn't that be awesome? Mikey dancing with Claire, all the red shirted cultists and Lily and even lil Joey!

Ryan Hardy as the big bad, egged on by Joe of course.

See, honestly, it just doesn't hold that much appeal for me. You know who the killer is, and god knows Mikey and Max aren't up to catching him....

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 1

The Following only 'works' (and I use that loosely) when it's an over the top train wreck, but this season tried to take itself way too seriously and it just became yet another boring crime drama with even less Joe screen time so it feels less like The Following and more like just another serial killer procedural.

• Love 4

I was just watching Extra, the tabloid show and they said in their story about all the network cancellations that The Following is being shopped to other networks.