Type keyword(s) to search

All-Season Discussion

I know a lot of people love this season, but to me this has put a huge damper on my enjoyment of it, because this so-called prison threat is a HUGE part of the plot and has dictated all of Ava's behavior and all her actions all season long, and it's just such a massive error in the writing that I can't get past it. She's not so stupid that she wouldn't realize they can't send her back to prison for something she didn't even do, which was the only reason she was in there. Her original charges had been dismissed when Boyd got her out of jail, so they have nothing on her unless they're going to make up a bunch of stuff (that probably wouldn't stick).

If Vasquez is so corrupt that they're going to do that, then have him do it, just so that I can believe this entire storyline.

I can't believe this show will be over tonight. I'm both excited to see how things will finally go down, and mournful that it will be no more. Thanks to the Justified writers/cast/crew for a wonderfully entertaining show. What a ride...

• Love 2

Started over with Season 1 today. Man, I forgot what a SOB Arlo was to Raylan.  But I do like the way he says 'buulllllsheet'. Brings back memories of my Dad - who had a similar accent but not Arlo's nasty attitude.

• Love 3

My favorite moments Raylan holding Quarles' severed arm just out of reach while both had that what the hell just happened look.

Raylan listening as he realizes that Arlo thought he was shooting him to save Boyd.

Constable Bob took out your man "underestimate him at your own peril"

• Love 3

Maybe rewatching Season 1 was a mistake. Gary and Winona just grated my nerves something fierce.  Vasquez is still a little shit. 

No, listening to a converted Boyd preaching is worth it. Bo Crowder was evil and nasty. Arlo was just evil. Aunt Helen was a badass. 

Just starting watching justified and binged watched the first season last weekend. Just starting season 2.

Raylan is a BAMF. LOVE him. Boyd is one charismatic SOB. I really like Ava, Winona not so much. I love Art and his sarcasm.

This show is so well cast.

As bad ass and trigger happy as Raylan is I was shocked when he shot his daddy. One of my favorite scenes so far.

Going to be my new favorite show (at least for the couple weeks it'll take me to watch the other 5 seasons).

How Timothy Olyphant did not win an Emmy for this role is beyond me.

• Love 5

Just finished season 2.

Holy crap, Mags committed suicide.

I love Raylan Givens. seriously still a BAMF.

I like Winona even less than I did at the end of season 1 and I didn't think that was possible. I wanted to bash her over the head when she took that money and nearly sank Raylan in the process. They are just not compatible. There is a reason they got divorced in the 1st place.

I like Ava, she's is spunky. Darned if I don't like Boyd. Walter Goggins in an amazing actor. I like Loretta (kid playing her is good). That scene with Mags/Raylan/Loretta when Loretta had the gun on Mags...so good.

This has got to be one of the best written and best acted shows I've ever seen.

• Love 2

Late to this party; just finished watching Season 1. My brother hounded me for years to watch the show and I finally found the time over the holiday.

Love it, of course. I like that the accents aren't cartoonish. Even some of the passing-through characters are realistic, like the mother of the boy who is interviewed while standing in her home's front doorway. Physically she projected that mix of harried-mother-on-a-busy-day-not-really-wanting-to-be-bothered-by-the-cops. Huffing and puffing and scuffing her feet across the floor.

I just looked up Walter Goggins and am not surprised to learn that his production partner is Ray McKinnon - Rectify is another southern show that I love. Walter was originally slated to play the lead.

On to season 2!

• Love 1

Flying back from Thanksgiving the guy in the seat next to me was watching a first season episode on his laptop and a scene between Arlo and Raylan was on and I was transfixed despite the fact I couldn't hear the dialogue.. He noticed and asked if I had ever seen the show and I replied it was one of my all time favorite shows (he had never seen it) and he busted out earphone splitters and we watched the rest of the first season. Best plane ride I have had in awhile.

• Love 9

During the summer TV doldrums, I needed something to watch. So, I've been rewatching this most excellent show  I watched final season, and now I am watching the pilot. Damn, this show is good. I'm sure I will be watching season two again! 

• Love 7

Am new to the show but have been spurred on by friends and forums such as this. So will be watching S1 later this evening and will be looking forward to watching WG perform (I last saw him in The Shield, I think).

Let the rollercoaster begin!

• Love 2
On 11/28/2015 at 9:46 AM, pasdetrois said:

Late to this party; just finished watching Season 1. My brother hounded me for years to watch the show and I finally found the time over the holiday.

Love it, of course. I like that the accents aren't cartoonish. Even some of the passing-through characters are realistic, like the mother of the boy who is interviewed while standing in her home's front doorway. Physically she projected that mix of harried-mother-on-a-busy-day-not-really-wanting-to-be-bothered-by-the-cops. Huffing and puffing and scuffing her feet across the floor.

On to season 2!

I'm also late to the show! One episode left in season 1. I'm loving it. At this point I can do without Winona though. The hell girl? 

Also absolutely loved the "harried mother" scene. Especially when she yells at him and he just yells back "WHAT?!" And TO just gives a little smirk. Nice understated reaction shot. I personally laughed out loud.  

Having lots of family from KY I appreciate the accents not going too far. Although I'll admit some of my family has that hard KY drawl. Unfortunately watching this show has made my slight southern accent come back a little! 

Seriously though I'm really enjoying the performances here. One show I can actually do without any romantic relationships (I'm an unapologetic shipper on many many shows) and just focus on the rest. As long as they get TO shirtless from time to time I'm good. 

Why on earth did I take so long to watch this one? 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2015 at 4:52 PM, Inquisitionist said:

I prefer to think of him as sex on a stick.

Yep. And if I wasn't already in love with Raylen Givens the moment he handed Loretta the phone and told her to call if she was in trouble and he'd drop everything and come for her sealed the deal. Damn that man is FINE. Seriously.

So far enjoying season 2. Trying not to read too much of this forum and get more spoiled than I already am!

• Love 1

Knock knock (peeping around edge of door)!  Is this where we go to talk about Timothy Olyphant's swagger?  I watched the whole thing when it first aired.  Now I suffer from insomnia and download shows I've already seen to watch in bed at night to put me back to sleep.  My god this was a great show.  And I confess that I find Walton Goggins sexy.  I'm sorry, I just do.  I tried to get my hairdresser make my hair look like Ava's, only brown, and it's a total fail.  The best villains in the world are on this show!

• Love 4

I've been rewatching the entire series, I was inspired after seeing Tim O. on Santa Clarita Diet.  I've fallen in love with the series all over again.  A couple of things that occured to me are that I really cannot stand Ava.  After the second season she really started grating on my nerves.  Especially in the fifth season.  Maybe in the final season, I'll change my mind but I just fast forward thru most of her scenes.  In an unpopular opinion, I really like Winona.  Especially in season 4.  She knows Raylan and how to handle the man.

• Love 1