Type keyword(s) to search

Girlfriends - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I couldn't edit my first post, but Mara also added this tidbit in an interview.  Basically, CBS Television Studios owns the rights to Girlfriends.  If the fans want to help make sure that the project gets greenlit, we'd have to hit up their press contacts here.  Using social media will also be key!

Edited by Ceruleana

I liked Maya--the girls needed her to keep them "real", and she needed them to help her grow and expand.  She and Toni were my favorites, beautiful and had GREAT comedic timing.

The only time I got kind of annoyed with Maya was with the whole Stan arc and the subsequent divorce, and she still managed not to bug me to death.

Something I really wish they did was manage to get Jill Marie to play a few episodes as Toni to resolve what happened between she and Joan. But out of everyone, Toni was my favourite Girlfriend. 

The actress had a lot of weaknesses including- not realizing narrowing her eyes and speaking slowing isn't a go to acting choice for every occasion. The character was immature and had poor work ethic. I do think the story of the end of her marriage was fascinating and good and sometimes got to me. The actor who played her husband Darnell was stronger in those scenes though.

• Love 1

In the episode when Aaron proposed to Joan and gathered all of the important people from Joan's past to witness it, I just knew it was the way they were going to bring Toni back. Very disappointing that it never happened. The show was just wrong without Toni

i know what you mean. I was like.... the last person Aaron was going to bring out was going to be  Toni, and there was going to be a big YAY!! moment. 

But after having an entire girlfriends marathon, and Toni did have her issues, I don't blame her one iota for being pissed off at Joan. She was going to lose her child, and the woman she trusted to be a godmother to that baby barely even shown an interest the entire year while she involved in the fight of her life, then 'not showing up'? 

I still don't ever understand how Joan thought she was justified in bad mouthing Toni, after what Joan almost cost Toni. 

• Love 1

I always wondered where did she get her money to live because most of the time she didn't have a job.  There are people like that in real life.  Somehow they never work but they always have money and aren't homeless.  I think what Lynn would do if she was a real person is run a number of scams to get money, which she may have done on the show anyway.  Like the slip and fall scam that people sometimes do to sue a business. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 6:57 PM, Petunia13 said:

She was funny and pretty but didn't fit the other GF in personality or lifestyle. I guess they needed a contrast and the crazy one! But seriously tho in reality they'd never be friends with her and I wouldn't either.

Yes, that's probably true because my cousin's wife is a freeloader like that, she's never worked and she has no friends.  Only her husband and her mother-in-law are the only ones who put up with her because they have to.  Unlike Lynn she's never had an education (I think she dropped out of high school), but is a 'welfare lifer.'

• Love 1

I realize it's been awhile since anyone has posted here but would anyone know how Maya became part of the Girlfriends?  I was watching the episode today with Reecy (the AIDS episode) and Joan, Lynn and Toni were all in the college dorms together, so how did they meet Maya who was a high school dropout who had a baby?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Tenarife60 said:

I realize it's been awhile since anyone has posted here but would anyone know how Maya became part of the Girlfriends?  I was watching the episode today with Reecy (the AIDS episode) and Joan, Lynn and Toni were all in the college dorms together, so how did they meet Maya who was a high school dropout who had a baby?

She was the receptionist at Joan and William's law firm. It's been a while since I watched but I believe she was Joan's assistant first, then became the general receptionist or William's assistant after Joan left the organization. Joan, being the fussy mother hen she is, brought her into the group early on while she was working for her. 

It was a bit weird since Maya was decidedly different personality wise from the rest of the girlfriends and from a different education and career track. I really miss this show I liked it a lot and it was funny and light, while being relatable, especially for any woman in her 20s dealing with career issues, dating, and friendship dynamics. This show and Sex and the City are the only sitcom/dramadys that really tackle seriously what it's like to break up with a best friend, the grieving of that, and moving on. 

Back to Maya lol I found her the least likable gf. I like Toni a lot more that most people because she had a vulnerability beyond her edge and they actress had a lot of charisma. 

• Love 2

In honor of "National Girlfriends Day," TV One is showing a 12-hour marathon of Girlfriends beginning in a few minutes (3 AM).  The show is usually only on TV One's sister channel, Cleo, although it has also recently started airing in marathons Wednesday mornings on BET.

On 11/15/2014 at 12:10 PM, Daisy said:

I don't blame her one iota for being pissed off at Joan. She was going to lose her child, and the woman she trusted to be a godmother to that baby barely even shown an interest the entire year while she involved in the fight of her life, then 'not showing up'? 

I still don't ever understand how Joan thought she was justified in bad mouthing Toni, after what Joan almost cost Toni. 

UO but I was always pissed at Toni over this.

Yes, Joan was full of herself for one year and yes, Toni could have lost Morgan....but she didn't and as soon as Joan got a cold reality check, she was right back where she always was, with Toni.

IMO, Toni had every right to be salty with Joan but for her to just cut off their friendship for one thing when Joan could have cut her off many times for the shit she pulled over the years was wrong.  In 'Everybody Hates Monica', you saw how hurt Joan was over the end of their friendship...it always gets to me at the end when she's sweeping the floor and find a picture of her and Toni as children then breaks down.  

That eppy is always hard for me to watch as I went through something similar with a former friend of 17 years....even today I still grieve over the end of our friendship.

• Love 2

I watched Mixed-ish to see the cast reunion. Wow, those women looked freaking good. They all aged so well. I practically squealed when I saw Will in the final shot. They should do a reboot of the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

BET Her is showing a marathon on Thanksgiving from 8 AM to 6 PM.  It doesn't say which episodes are airing, but at least the BET networks show the episodes in order.  TV One and Cleo show them in production order (causing a lot of jumping around), never mind that this was a serialized show that aired in a certain order for a reason.

• Love 1

I did a re-watch of this show last year via someone's Youtube channel and was shocked by what I saw versus how I remembered the show. I recall liking this show during it's run, but I didn't follow it every week. For some reason, I remembered this show as similar to Living Single, but set in LA and a little more upscale and with more adult subject matter.

The end of Season One shocked me. Watching Toni slap Joan, then run home to try to sleep with her man, was a surprise. I kept thinking, "Were they ever really friends?" It left a bad taste in my mouth and I only watched a few eps of Season Two before I stopped watching. I wanted to like this show much more, but I've gotten softer as I've gotten older, and that viciousness was hard for me to come back from. It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much in my 20s.

That said, I really loved Jill Marie's Toni. She was able to be complex, funny, and dark at the same time. Tracee's Joan character got on my nerves sometimes. I mostly rolled my eyes at Lynn, and I never understood why Maya got to hang.

• Love 5
On 10/31/2014 at 10:57 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

Speaking of which, they sure managed to swap Flex Alexander (season 1 Darnell) for Khalil Kain pretty flawlessly. Clearly Flex left no real impression lol

I don't know; season two when he was complaining that Maya was a different person, I said to my tv "well you're a completely different person." ;)

• LOL 5

I've been rewatching Girlfriends since it's now on Netflix.   I just finished Season 3 and I was elated to hear the Teena Marie & Shalamar songs made it back in rotation after Toni & Todd's wedding.    I hated the muzak songs on syndication.

• Love 1

I've been re-watching this. Man I enjoyed this show. Re-reading a lot of my comments previously, i don't think much has changed, other than I really started not liking Maya and Lyn either. LOL. the show really was about Toni + Joan. 

• Love 1

watching this on Netflix for the first time... Please please please for the love of God tell me that Toni gets better cause she is a Horrible horrible friend so far Jesus Christ ..the fight in front of the club was her fault and she tried to turn it around on Joan?? and who the fuck tries to sleep with someones bf and expects them to be like oh thats ok?? like seriously ...and Joan is a freaking doormat for these people ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
On 9/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Toni gets better cause she is a Horrible horrible friend so far Jesus Christ

I had been watching it on Netflix as well, and I had forgotten Toni's toxicity, and how it is made clear she is terrible so early into the show's run.  I mean, she tells Joan's boss intimate details about Joan's relationship problems!  And this is after she crashes Joan's therapy session and insists that they do therapy together.  Who does that?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I had been watching it on Netflix as well, and I had forgotten Toni's toxicity, and how it is made clear she is terrible so early into the show's run.  I mean, she tells Joan's boss intimate details about Joan's relationship problems!  And this is after she crashes Joan's therapy session and insists that they do therapy together.  Who does that?

LOL I just cant with the writing on this show ... why have they made most of them so unlikable...Toni is super toxic .... Joan is a doormat that just rolls over Maya and her not cheating storyline I am in now is just UGG Lynn and her mooching you have how many degrees you could use any of those at any time and make money STOP it.. do they all stay like this the entire series? cause there is no way I can handle that if they are this bad the whole time 

edit ok I’m digging season 3 a lot more ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1

I am on season six, and Toni just gave birth to the baby - and it just irks me that Toni was clearly suffering from some sort of Post Partum and Todd's first reaction was like "Well you don't care, i want full custody, bye."  - esp. giving that he's a doctor. 

• Love 3

I was watching Season 3/Season 4 and I think is actually a show about two mentally ill women, along with Maya and Lynn.  Joan is just way too all over the place with Ellis.  In Season 3, she shows up to his set screaming at him like a crazy person when she mistakenly thinks he is kissing an old girlfriend, and she's all tears and depression until he comes back to her.  Then in Season 4, she gets bored with him and has an affair with his agent (a guy she literally just met) and is all mooning over the agent as though he is her true love.  As for Toni, the idea that she would have married Todd without first nailing down his financials seems not like her at all.  And Todd, you charged up a $200,000.00 wedding for you and Toni when you were already significantly in debt?  What is wrong with these people?  

Reggie Hayes battling congestive heart failure.

Yeah, he's apparently had a very tough time since the show ended. 

• Love 2
On 9/28/2020 at 12:25 AM, Daisy said:

I am on season six, and Toni just gave birth to the baby - and it just irks me that Toni was clearly suffering from some sort of Post Partum and Todd's first reaction was like "Well you don't care, i want full custody, bye."  - esp. giving that he's a doctor. 

The show makes a lot of strange choices with the characters.  With Toni, the weird choice to give her symptoms of PPD without acknowledging it as an issue.  Joan randomly deciding she hates being a lawyer and quitting without much of a plan seems very OOC for her.  Lynn becoming engaged to the suicidal woman she just met (and then moving the woman in and essentially making herself responsible for this complete stranger's well being) was bizarre.  

I'm also feel like the show is kind of homophobic.  William's ongoing comments about wanting to see lesbian women have sex become really grating after a while, and the show seems to think in very narrow terms about gay men. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

The show makes a lot of strange choices with the characters.  With Toni, the weird choice to give her symptoms of PPD without acknowledging it as an issue.  Joan randomly deciding she hates being a lawyer and quitting without much of a plan seems very OOC for her.  Lynn becoming engaged to the suicidal woman she just met (and then moving the woman in and essentially making herself responsible for this complete stranger's well being) was bizarre.  

I'm also feel like the show is kind of homophobic.  William's ongoing comments about wanting to see lesbian women have sex become really grating after a while, and the show seems to think in very narrow terms about gay men. 

I wouldn't say Wiliam was homophobic - just 12 years old, it was a tired old joke that was tired a long time ago. 

I finished my rewatch - and while I still enjoy the show man do i have a lot of issues with it. 

1: with Lynn. Honestly (and I feel i am kind of Lynn-ish, if i had to fall in the category of the 4, being heavily educated an no real job) - I will say the "music career" thing was so incredibly dumb. I don't understand why they couldn't just stick with the documentary thing. that was serious. Also the fact that Lynn completely screwed her parents financial credit) and everytime it gets brought up, it was brushed aside). Not to mention the million times lynn snuck people into Joan's house but she gets all snitty when she is renting Joan's house and Joan can't come in without knocking/ringing the door bell, demanding she leaves the key. like find a rock and kick it. There were a lot of times Joan and Maya laid down serious amounts of truth and then backed away from it. to the detriment of Lynn

2: Maya  meh. she wasn't all of that as she thought she was.

3: With Toni. honestly. she was my favourite, mostly because she always owned what she was. I will say again the fall out of the friendship I think was kind of hypocritical on everyone's parts because at some point everyone was selfish and involved and Joan was there for them. but Joan at the same time was extremely obnoxious. as I pointed out before - it doesn't really matter that Todd dropped the petition, it was the fact that Joan wasn't there to help her keep her baby. like why did Joan have to do to that party the night before? Why get wasted (yeah i get no one liked you who cares, just go home and sulk and be at court at time). I also do think that the show was slightly smart to show that basically that this friendship was always on cracked ice from basically Toni getting Engaged

4: Joan is too much drama. like just the end. 

like I try to think about shows like Sex and the City and other "women clique" shows - despite the fights and dfiferences say with Sex and the City you can firmly see why those 4 are sisters/friends/family. a lot of times you have to wonder if those four are friends because no one else could deal w/them.

I actually forgot how much i liked Monica (even when she was grooming William back in season 2-3). 

• Love 2
On 10/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, Daisy said:

3: With Toni. honestly. she was my favourite, mostly because she always owned what she was. I will say again the fall out of the friendship I think was kind of hypocritical on everyone's parts because at some point everyone was selfish and involved and Joan was there for them. but Joan at the same time was extremely obnoxious. as I pointed out before - it doesn't really matter that Todd dropped the petition, it was the fact that Joan wasn't there to help her keep her baby. like why did Joan have to do to that party the night before? Why get wasted (yeah i get no one liked you who cares, just go home and sulk and be at court at time). I also do think that the show was slightly smart to show that basically that this friendship was always on cracked ice from basically Toni getting Engaged

Why was it that Toni was written out of the show for Season 7 and 8?  Did Jill Marie Jones just want to do something else?  It was so weird because they set up a big Joan/Toni feud throughout Season 6, culminating with Joan not making it to court on time to testify, then for Season 7, the entire thing is resolved off screen as Toni leaves forever.

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Why was it that Toni was written out of the show for Season 7 and 8?  Did Jill Marie Jones just want to do something else?  It was so weird because they set up a big Joan/Toni feud throughout Season 6, culminating with Joan not making it to court on time to testify, then for Season 7, the entire thing is resolved off screen as Toni leaves forever.

Jill Marie's contract was over and she chose not to re-sign. 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, Daisy said:

Jill Marie's contract was over and she chose not to re-sign. 

That's all?  No backstage drama?  I mean, the episodes are really written as though they had no idea she was leaving. 

Also, the whole subplot where Toni took on the intern who set Toni up to be carjacked was just bizarre.  It was just very strange to me that they chose to write that character off the show in that way, when for weeks she had been shown to be an excellent assistant for Toni. 

• Love 1

I finally had to give up.. the inconsistent writing of these characters was just driving me up the wall... none of these girls came off as likable.... just switched over to half & half Rachel Tru is a great comedic actress and the characters are actually well rounded, likable, and funny 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2

How far did you make it?  I did find some of the later seasons unbearable, but I think I did watch them all...  once. 😄  At least they didn't destroy these characters as badly as the characters of "The Game" were destroyed.  I ended up hating them all and bailing on that well before it ended. 

• Love 3
On 11/1/2020 at 8:42 AM, aquarian1 said:

How far did you make it?  I did find some of the later seasons unbearable, but I think I did watch them all...  once. 😄  At least they didn't destroy these characters as badly as the characters of "The Game" were destroyed.  I ended up hating them all and bailing on that well before it ended. 

Joan opening a restaurant I just couldn't anymore 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
i said Toni instend of Joan sorry
  • Love 2
On 10/31/2020 at 6:02 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I finally had to give up.. the inconsistent writing of these characters was just driving me up the wall... none of these girls came off as likable.... just switched over to half & half Rachel Tru is a great comedic actress and the characters are actually well rounded, likable, and funny 

I did rewatch the whole series though there were several episodes I purposely skipped, not wanting to relive the nightmare.   I hated the last half of Season 6 and skipped to Season 7.   I especially was annoyed with how Joan was unbearable during her "IT Girl" phase.   

Toni definitely was my favorite Girlfriend though in real life she would get on my last nerve.   I hated how GF ended on a flat note but can't say I missed the show.

Comparatively rewatching Half & Half on Netflix is a true joy.   (Wish they had their own thread on here..but oh well)   I remember my only beef being Chico Benymon's protrayal of Spencer but he's grown on me upon the rewatch.   Of course my love for the Moms never went away.    Unlike GF, the overall writing and acting on H&H improved with each passing season IMO.    I'm on Season 4 and just finished watching Chase's first appearance.   OMG...I absolutely loved the chemistry between Mona and Chase.   I'm very sad knowing the show will be over in only another dozen episodes.    They were ROBBED of a 5th season.

Edited by Meedis
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Meedis said:

I did rewatch the whole series though there were several episodes I purposely skipped, not wanting to relive the nightmare.   I hated the last half of Season 6 and skipped to Season 7.   I especially was annoyed with how Joan was unbearable during her "IT Girl" phase.   

Toni definitely was my favorite Girlfriend though in real life she would get on my last nerve.   I hated how GF ended on a flat note but can't say I missed the show.

Comparatively rewatching Half & Half on Netflix is a true joy.   (Wish they had their own thread on here..but oh well)   I remember my only beef being Chico Benymon's protrayal of Spencer but he's grown on me upon the rewatch.   Of course my love for the Moms never went away.    Unlike GF, the overall writing and acting on H&H improved with each passing season IMO.    I'm on Season 4 and just finished watching Chase's first appearance.   OMG...I absolutely loved the chemistry between Mona and Chase.   I'm very sad knowing the show will be over in only another dozen episodes.    They were ROBBED of a 5th season.

Yesss it sucks that it got canceled because of the merger It was their 2nd highest rated show but they had to take the game and Reba so Half and half got the boot..Big DeDe was everything to me and even on rewatch the banter and chemistry she had with the Phyllis character and actress was one of the best parts of the show  . I loved everything about the show and was wondering why it doesn't have a thread on here ... is there anyway to start one? There has to be more people that liked the show 🙂

Edited by Keywestclubkid
14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yesss it sucks that it got canceled because of the merger It was their 2nd highest rated show but they had to take the game and Reba so Half and half got the boot..Big DeDe was everything to me and even on rewatch the banter and chemistry she had with the Phyllis character and actress was one of the best parts of the show  . I loved everything about the show and was wondering why it doesn't have a thread on here ... is there anyway to start one? There has to be more people that liked the show 🙂

In regards to new threads, I think maybe a request would have to be sent to one of the mods.  I've never done so.

That whole merger mess still leaves a bad taste some almost 15 years later.    Anyway....If there isn't one on YouTube, someone needs to make a compilation of all the zingers Big Dee Dee and Phyllis had with each other and when one was talking about the other while not in the room.    Pure comedy gold!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Meedis said:

In regards to new threads, I think maybe a request would have to be sent to one of the mods.  I've never done so.

That whole merger mess still leaves a bad taste some almost 15 years later.    Anyway....If there isn't one on YouTube, someone needs to make a compilation of all the zingers Big Dee Dee and Phyllis had with each other and when one was talking about the other while not in the room.    Pure comedy gold!

The wig snatch in the hall is to this day still one of the funniest things i have seen on any show ... Phyllis snatching big DeDe's wig off in the hall and walking away and DeDe just reaching in her purse and pulling a new one out and putting it on with that look on her face killed me :)

• LOL 2
On 5/27/2020 at 6:33 AM, eXiled said:

I did a re-watch of this show last year via someone's Youtube channel and was shocked by what I saw versus how I remembered the show. I recall liking this show during it's run, but I didn't follow it every week. For some reason, I remembered this show as similar to Living Single, but set in LA and a little more upscale and with more adult subject matter.

The end of Season One shocked me. Watching Toni slap Joan, then run home to try to sleep with her man, was a surprise. I kept thinking, "Were they ever really friends?" It left a bad taste in my mouth and I only watched a few eps of Season Two before I stopped watching. I wanted to like this show much more, but I've gotten softer as I've gotten older, and that viciousness was hard for me to come back from. It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much in my 20s.

That said, I really loved Jill Marie's Toni. She was able to be complex, funny, and dark at the same time. Tracee's Joan character got on my nerves sometimes. I mostly rolled my eyes at Lynn, and I never understood why Maya got to hang.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

watching this on Netflix for the first time... Please please please for the love of God tell me that Toni gets better cause she is a Horrible horrible friend so far Jesus Christ ..the fight in front of the club was her fault and she tried to turn it around on Joan?? and who the fuck tries to sleep with someones bf and expects them to be like oh thats ok?? like seriously ...and Joan is a freaking doormat for these people ...

On 9/23/2020 at 12:44 PM, txhorns79 said:

On 9/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

LOL I just cant with the writing on this show ... why have they made most of them so unlikable...Toni is super toxic .... Joan is a doormat that just rolls over Maya and her not cheating storyline I am in now is just UGG Lynn and her mooching you have how many degrees you could use any of those at any time and make money STOP it.. do they all stay like this the entire series? cause there is no way I can handle that if they are this bad the whole time 

edit ok I’m digging season 3 a lot more ...

I also watched this show again on Netflix

The Good:

Most of the fashions and styling of the ladies were totally on-point and hold up even today. I would totally be feeling myself if I looked as good as these four do most of the time. 

The Bad:

The cast chemistry was just not as good as I remembered. I really had to ask myself why the heck the four women were friends?

I remember when Joan interrupted Mya's wedding when she finally decided it was not too "ghetto" for her tastes. I know she wanted to uplift Mya but damn...it's not about you, Joan.

The Really Bad:

Why the Hell would anyone want to be friend's with Lynn? Besides the actress being beautiful...what was the character bringing to the table? There is difference between "free spirit bohemian" and selfish ass grifter.

Joan should have filed a restraining order and then called the police. Lynn is the type to steal your charge cards, ruin your credit, and then complain about the $5 dollars you borrowed from her a couple of weeks earlier.

Would love a reunion movie...we could see Tony's daughter as a teenager.

• Love 4

I never really watched this show when it was on, save for an episode here and there, so I just started a rewatch on Netflix.  I'm near the end of season 6; and while I liked the earlier seasons, I started to hate this show somewhere around season 4 or 5. And as an avid watcher of The Game, I'm seeing that this is a trend of the Akil's. Their shows always start off great and then they start careening downhill fast.

I hate every single one of the characters.  Of the ladies, I hate Joan the least. She can be annoying, she sabotages every single one of her romantic relationships, and she clings so deeply to the ideal that if a woman is married by her 30's then something's wrong with her. But, she's a good friend to all of them.  At some point, each one of the ladies has lived with her rent free. And she supports everything they do.  And then the show went to my least favorite TV trope, male-female friends who ALL of sudden are in love, but have never shown any signs of it for years. 

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand Toni, although she's the only one that has been consistent throughout the series.  But she's the worst kind of friend.  And I wish they had done more with Lynn than have her be an over the top mooch. And Mya was just whatever (also, I can't stand the actress after seeing her on that reality show). 

• Love 3

Just checked into a random Season 2 episode on Netflix this morning to see if I might change my original opinion, but nothing has changed. These women are not friends.

In the episode (in truth, only a few minutes) I watched, Toni is engaged to a man Joan couldn't get a commitment from and Joan is angry. Despite Joan originally claiming she was okay with the relationship, she finally admits that it's not cool that Toni is with this guy.

They start bickering. Maya gets involved (threatening to beat Toni's ass). Lynn attempts to play peacemaker...

Seriously, these women go at each other the way younger me did when I just wasn't about a bitch. By the time I started talking to a woman this way, if we had been friends, we wouldn't be after these conversations. I never would approach a woman I loved and respected in that manner. I just don't get it. If the show had been produced by a gaggle of clueless writers unaware of African-American culture, I MIGHT give it a pass. But seeing this portrayed -- over and over -- by people who should know better is really frustrating.

I hate to keep making comparisons to Living Single, but my opinion still stands. Living Single might be sillier and less sophisticated, but it also had more heart. Even when the women disagreed, I never got the impression they secretly hated each other or would step to each other, ready to fight.

I wish I liked Girlfriends more. The show and its stars look great. The production value is high; it doesn't come off as cheap or thrown together, something I've noticed with other shows catering to a black audience. But for me, at least, its tone is off. I'm never quite convinced these women like or respect each other. If anything, it seems as if they simply tolerate each other -- which isn't the best basis for true friendship, in my opinion.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 3