Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: The Nuclear Option

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Casey deals with the aftereffects of his sister's divorce announcement; and Dawson and Mills get used to their new roles at Station 51. Meanwhile, Brett ponders whether to leave Chicago; and the Molly's crew works to get the food truck started.

All set for the upcoming episode...

Is this the same sister that Casey was talking with when their mother was around?  I really didn't recognize her at all.

So the Chief gives up his promotion opportunities to get Cruz back in the drivers seat?  Yeah, I was with the superintendent or whatever that guy's title is - surely Cruz can survive for 3 months without driving the truck.  Most of us don't get paid to like our jobs.

• Love 2

This show seems to me to be going down the tubes fast, while Chicago PD gets better and better.  I could not understand how Casey leapt from brother-in-law having an affair to brother-in-law is a total crook.  People cheat and get divorced all the time without there being anything nefarious about it.  The fact that he was right doesn't explain how he made the leap in the first place.  Bad plot there.  And getting the police department to snoop on the guy?  All kinds of wrong!

• Love 1

This show seems to me to be going down the tubes fast, while Chicago PD gets better and better.  I could not understand how Casey leapt from brother-in-law having an affair to brother-in-law is a total crook.  People cheat and get divorced all the time without there being anything nefarious about it.  The fact that he was right doesn't explain how he made the leap in the first place.  Bad plot there.  And getting the police department to snoop on the guy?  All kinds of wrong!

I think he made the leap because his sister & family were doing very well.  He was surprised to see what kind of place she was living in and the niece having to go to public instead of private school.  He went to see his B-I-L to help on money so the niece could go back to private school, only to discover that he had a girlfriend.  That is what made him look.  Don't think Casey was at first looking at the BIL money cheating but just plain cheating and he wanted to know more.  The cop is the one who uncovered the money hiding.

Hey, of course the police are going to look for Casey.  It's tv!  ;-)

• Love 1

Is this the same sister that Casey was talking with when their mother was around?  I really didn't recognize her at all.

So the Chief gives up his promotion opportunities to get Cruz back in the drivers seat?  Yeah, I was with the superintendent or whatever that guy's title is - surely Cruz can survive for 3 months without driving the truck.  Most of us don't get paid to like our jobs.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic about this, but...How do the higher ups know who drives the truck?  I'm sure this isn't the best case scenario, but why not lie about it?  It's not like they aren't lying about Dawson and Casey.

• Love 1

In my neck of the woods, "driver" and "fire fighter" are two different positions, and believe it or not, the driver gets paid more than the fire fighters. So Otis is getting the driver's salary right now. Also, the driver just drives. They do not get out of the fire truck and help fight the fires, They drive to it, and they drive back. That's it.

I don't know why this show is so damn fascinated with Gabby or why they think she's so damned interesting or important, but the show is entirely too Gabby-centric and I'm tired of it. It was stupid to make her a fire fighter in the first place and it was even dumber to have her work the same shift as her boyfriend. 

And count me among those who do not understand why they would kill off Shay just to replace her with a far less interesting character that looks so similar. Unless of course they just needed a straight version of Shay to hook up with Severide. Another stupid move. It's Gabby they should have killed off.

I have a feeling it's going to turn out that Casey's sister Christie is the bad guy in this story, and that she embezzled company funds or something. She's probably also the one who hit her daughter. I just sense a bait-and switch coming up.

I wish they would explain what the hell ever happened to Casey and Christie's mother, the one who got out of jail and then promptly violated parole by running off with her former cell mate.

Joe Cruz works on the fire engine but can't fix the food truck, not enough enough to just get it started so they can move it? Can't even have it hauled somewhere, and they just let it sit out on the street and gather parking tickets? B.S.

• Love 6

Joe Cruz works on the fire engine but can't fix the food truck, not enough enough to just get it started so they can move it? Can't even have it hauled somewhere, and they just let it sit out on the street and gather parking tickets? B.S.

They could have had it hauled off for cheaper than it was to pay those tickets.

Gabby. Needs. To. Go.  I didn't think I could like her character any less than I did last season but boy did this show go above and beyond in proving me wrong. And now there's not even any Shay snarkiness  to help take some of the edge off. 

There is no way in heck Gabby and Casey should be working together.

If all pending charges against Cruz were dropped why is he still even on suspension.

I would love to see a spin off show of Mills' and Edwin Hodges'(have no idea what his character's name is) after work PI adventures.

• Love 2

I hate myself for saying this - but Dawson is not the problem.  Casey is the problem - seriously he couldn't wait until they were having chow time or something to tell Dawson what was going on with his sister.  Nothing he had to tell her was THAT urgent, not enough to undercut Hermann.   Chief's reaction pissed me off, at the very least he should pull Casey aside and tell him that Dawson is not under his direct supervision and he is not to pull her off tasks that her direct supervisor gives her.

Taking bets on whether it's next episode or the following that Severide shows up to work drunk and Connie gets in on the action?

Thinking it's NotShay's boyfriend that set up her place being ransacked.  Almost thought when NotShay hugged him he would wince from where she wacked the guy with the bat.  She can stay

• Love 2

Of course Dawson was leaving the compartment door open on purpose. That made me roll my eyes. I'm glad Hermann is saying what all the viewers are thinking. I don't know if I was more disappointed by Casey's special treatment of Dawson or of the chief turning a blind eye to the whole thing. I was completely with Hermann on his anger. Favouritism is an issue in any workplace.

The Sylvie and Severide anvils are painful and I'm really starting to despise the producers of the show of being so blatant with their intentions of making her nuShay without any of Shay's great character traits. There are times when I want to like her but every time she's in a scene I get remined of those times in soap operas where you see a main character in one episode and then the next episode the character is being played by a different and blander actress.

Outside of that the Severide storyline is gripping me. He's become such a sorrowful character and Taylore Kinney is acting the hell out of it.

• Love 1

Ok, so all I could think about was the fact that Casey didn't wash his hands after peeing.  I know it was a fire and all and maybe they have germ juice or moist towelettes in the truck, but still?!  (I'm Seinfeldian that way.)

And, yeah, I'm pretty sure NotShay's ex set up the tossing of her place.  Please, show, can we get this storyline over soon because I'm not invested enough in these characters to care.  

Add me to the list of those who do not like that this show is now All About Gabby.  I don't care for her character and don't think she and Jesse Spencer have an crumb of chemistry and I hate that he is showing her favoritism.  Hermann was right and the Chief was wrong.  Not good.

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 3

I hate that this show has become all about Gabby and Casey. Why they are allowed to work together is beyond me. I find that I prefer PD over this show and so does my dad. He doesn't even watch Fire although my mom watches both shows and likes both of them.

• Love 1

I hate this show now. I hate this show now. I hate this show now. There. Hoping if I say it 3x this whole season will be a bad dream that magically resets itself. No. Oh, well. So here goes... What the hell is going on. Disparate stories that start and stop for no apparent reason, and were going no damn where anyways.

Boden got married. Going to be a father. Now up for sudden promotion that he gave up for Cruz. Cruz can't drive for 3 months for something that wasn't his fault anyways. Doing something stupid w/Molly's. Then franchising. Then a food truck. Food truck that won't start and Boden's pissed. (Back to)Accident that wasn't an accident. But the other squad hates them. But especially hates women. But some guy on other squad tells the truth. Gabby can be. Gabby can't be. Casey and Boden finding a way. Making deals. They're engaged. They are lying. But no one, and everyone knows. FauxShay overshare. Severide circling drain. Will be saved by straight FauxShay.

Did I miss any BS? Started out coherent and digressed in to a kidnap letter. Should have been in all caps since not even complete sentences.

I hate this show now. What in the hell happened? And do they not see it happening?

• Love 1

Hear, hear, all exactly what I've been thinking since about half-way through last season.  Loved it when it started, but it's gone so far down the wrong path, I don't think there's any coming back.  Focus more on what firefighters do for their profession and a whole lot less on the soap opera stuff.  More Steve Brady, whatever he's called here, please! (Herrman?)   More Mouch!  More Cruz, more Otis.  More Platt, even.  Much more Severide.  Way, way less Casey, way less Gabby, no Casey & Gabby together.  Maybe less Mills.  

Anyway.  Sad to see it go so wrong.

• Love 4

Could someone explain why tv characters, police included, never turn on a light when they enter an obviously dangerous environment, such as a ransacked apartment?  I sat there shouting "He's still inside, you moron!"  I also laughed when boyfriend says "If you go out that door, I won't be here when you get back."  Hey, Moron 2.0:  Why are you there now?  It's a fire station, not a public park.

I hope that guy that Cruz rescued doesn't turn out to be some nefarious crook-type.

All I can say about Gabby's antics is that any supervisor that I know would be more than a bit angry at being directly challenged to do their job by a probationary firefighter.  Even if she is the firehouse mascot.

At least someone from the engine crew finally got to say a few lines. 

• Love 2

I don't know why this show is so damn fascinated with Gabby or why they think she's so damned interesting or important, but the show is entirely too Gabby-centric and I'm tired of it. It was stupid to make her a fire fighter in the first place and it was even dumber to have her work the same shift as her boyfriend. 

And count me among those who do not understand why they would kill off Shay just to replace her with a far less interesting character that looks so similar. Unless of course they just needed a straight version of Shay to hook up with Severide. Another stupid move. It's Gabby they should have killed off.

Gabby. Needs. To. Go.  I didn't think I could like her character any less than I did last season but boy did this show go above and beyond in proving me wrong. And now there's not even any Shay snarkiness  to help take some of the edge off.

The Sylvie and Severide anvils are painful and I'm really starting to despise the producers of the show of being so blatant with their intentions of making her nuShay without any of Shay's great character traits. There are times when I want to like her but every time she's in a scene I get remined of those times in soap operas where you see a main character in one episode and then the next episode the character is being played by a different and blander actress.

Outside of that the Severide storyline is gripping me. He's become such a sorrowful character and Taylore Kinney is acting the hell out of it.

ALL. OF. THIS.

• Love 1

I have to agree 100% that this show just has way to much Dawson to be even remotely watchable. There is nothing compelling or interesting about her character.   She never struggles (for too long anyway), is never wrong, is always adored and seems to have everything go her way.  I don't need to root for her, since everything works out for her and when it briefly doesn't everyone she meets is already rooting enough for her.    

On the other hand, I loved Shay and Clarke.  Both were interesting in different ways.  I wanted to know more about their respective backstories.  I was looking forward to their individual future storylines.  Thanks for nothing Chicago Fire.   

• Love 5