Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Lying Kings and Drama Queens

Cranberry

I thought that was a fun episode.

Liked that we got to hear Shane, Karma, Lauren and even Oliver singing. The drama tryouts were over the top in a good way. Karma's confession was well done but  I wonder what the fall out will be.

Not quite sure what to think of the whole Liam/Amy dinner party scenes. I get where the show was going with them but felt they both were a little out of line acting out like that at the party. However, I liked the resolution. We got to see why Liam is so big on the truth but Liam also finally came to see Amy's point.

So the question remains how the secret will come out?

Shane was killing me in the promo for next week.

Wow, I'd never thought I'd say this......but I actually feel bad for Liam. Amy and Karma's little lies are nothing compared to Liam's whole life.

As for the drama club tryouts.....it was pretty obvious that Oliver was going to get the opening. Laverne Cox killed it and I really hope they bring her character back. Her growls give the late Eartha Kitt a run for her money. Shane as always was awesome and it was really great to hear him singing (btw Michael's single "Started Over" is available for preorder on Itunes, and it's pretty good. Somewhere Ryan Murphy is muttering "damn, should've cast this kid on Glee")

The drama tryouts were over the top in a good way. 

The funniest part was when Karma was trying to compete with Lauren in the dance scene. I cracked up when she jumped on Oliver's back and faked punching him...or as that a stabbing motion?  :)  and also Oliver's disgust reactions to all the things she was doing with him was funny too.

So wait now, Liam's sister is really his mom....and his grandparents are his.....parents? Wait wha?    Help me out here.

Yeah Liam's sister is really his mom who had him as a teen. How very Tyler Perry of the show.

I don't really feel bad for Liam. I already liked him as a character I didn't need this sob storyline to feel bad for him. I guess this was for those who had issues with him in S1.

Karma's confession was really nice. Katie Stevens voice is amazing. That whole try out scene was hilarious with the dancing and Karma getting on top of poor Oliver. I don't get how Karma is a trigger of his but whatever his facial expressions were hilarious. Laverne Cox needs to come back. She's just shines when ever she's on screen.

Now let's talk about the waitress who was clearly checking Amy out and that dress Amy was wearing but mostly the waitress who raised her eyebrow as if she was The Rock. Amy was oblivious in that scene but I get the feeling she'll be back. Rita manages to have chemistry with everyone. Even Gregg and the actress who plays Liam's momster.

Liam and Amy came to an agreement and so did Karma and Shane. Nice. Also? Amy needs to tell Karma she slept with Liam soon. What Karma confessed at the try outs was huge then they had Liam do the same at the party so now it's Amy's turn.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

Server girl was cute. She's going to be Amy's love interest, right? Felt like they were telegraphing that. 

ETA: Just looked up the actress on IMDB and she's listed for a good chunk of the season 2 eps, so I'm gonna go with yes. 

Attempting to give a fuck about Liam's angst.... attempt has failed. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 1

I'm sorry but I thought this episode was terrible. Excepting Laverne Cox, who was her usual brilliant self. 

Amy behaved like a psycho and the actor who plays Liam continues to look constipated in just about every scene. All of their scenes felt kind of forced and unnatural. And no I don't feel sorry for Liam, show. Karma's insecurities do not excuse her crazy behavior either, IMO.

I was just bored, for the most part. 

• Love 1

So wait now, Liam's sister is really his mom....and his grandparents are his.....parents? Wait wha?    Help me out here.

Liam grew up thinking that his mom was his sister and his grandparents were his parents.

Liam grew up thinking that his mom was his sister and his grandparents were his parents.

And not just that. His Grandfather consider his sole existence as his fault, as "he ruined life of his daughter".. it is quite messed up situation a 16 years old kid can be in..

• Love 1

This was as  manipulative as television gets.   The whole purpose of the episode was to continue to push the agenda that everyone should love a character, Liam, who gets off on the thought of turning lesbians.  Oh no.  Look at poor Liam and how he has suffered.  That makes it okay that, when he thought two women were together, he was trying to have sex with one.  That makes it okay he ended up, in a fantasy for all heterosexists everywhere, had sex with both.  All worship poor little Liam. 

The show also shows Amy as borderline psychotic in this episode.  See Amy is crazy and Liam is perfect.  You can practically see the show writers thinking this is how to make the audience feel sorry for and love Liam and know he is the one for Karma. 

We also get to see Karma's confession.  Oh poor Karma.  Where did that come from?  How bogus.  That is so out of character it is hilarious.  Anyways I get it.  Liam and Karma are amazing.  Amy is a psycho.  This show is trash and thinks almost nothing of it's audience.

I liked Shane and Lauren's dancing.  

Edited by dohe
  • Love 4

wow, you seem quite biased against Liam. His story was not just brought up.. It was mentioned since Episode 1 Season 1 ("barbed wide Pony inside the horseshoe bubble" discussion) and constantly mentioned across the Season 1.. Viewers just didn't knew his secret same way as we didn't know about Lauren being Intersex.. All this was planned since beginning.

And from pure TV  perspective, his situation is much worse than anything Karma and Amy were facing so far, there is no contest there.. being a kid that finds out his mother is not his mother while his sister is actually his mother... boy that would would totally messed up anybody.  But i have a feeling you are one of those who want to be always right, you moved Liam character into a box marked a "douchebag" and you just don't want to admit to yourself he had pretty good reason to behave how he did, especially considering he is 15-16...

And no, Amy was not psychotic in any way. She acted  perfectly within her character, considering flatting the wan, fake comming out on local TV just to get at her mother, destroying her Mom's bridal shower, sleeping with Liam etc etc etc..  Yet, her actions are fully understandable.

Edited by JaM
  • Love 2

And from pure TV  perspective, his situation is much worse than anything Karma and Amy were facing so far, there is no contest there.. being a kid that finds out his mother is not his mother while his sister is actually his mother... boy that would would totally messed up anybody.  But i have a feeling you are one of those who want to be always right, you moved Liam character into a box marked a "douchebag" and you just don't want to admit to yourself he had pretty good reason to behave how he did, especially considering he is 15-16...

And no, Amy was not psychotic in any way. She acted  perfectly within her character, considering flatting the wan, fake comming out on local TV just to get at her mother, destroying her Mom's bridal shower, sleeping with Liam etc etc etc..  Yet, her actions are fully understandable.

Liam's "secret" was so utterly ridiculous to me that I just couldn't take it seriously. Liam's sister is actually his mother? While I can maybe see why the family may present this as a reality to the outside world, I don't see why Liam would also be kept in the dark. It's just not believable to me. But it's a brilliant trope to attract tweens - what's more attractive than a hard-done by handsome rich boy?

I didn't find Amy's actions at all in line with season one Amy, they were way too extreme. But season two Amy seems to be a very different character. Preening, vacuous, deceptive, and apparently highly strung. 

This episode definitely felt like it's paving the way for a Liam and Karma reunion in the next episode or two. Our heart strings have been plucked and we are ready for a reconciliation between our two star-crossed lovers. 

Edited by Misty79
  • Love 1

Yeah I didn't see Amy as psychotic either. She was paranoid he would screw up things for her life long friendship not to mention hurt Karma. Also we forget that this is a comedy. Rita was playing the Amy role in a comedic format while remembering oh right she screwed up once in her life. Nothing in this episode made Amy the bad guy. In fact Liam acted way more douchie about the whole party. He really hurt his parents by announcing that secret.

As for Karma and Liams confessions yeah those storylines were building since the pilot. Karma pretending to be blind to get people to notice her. Liam telling Karma how messed up it is without telling her why his home life is messed up. These were not out of no where storylines.

Edited by mjgchick

I'd like to see this evidence of Karma having self-esteem problems. She seems pretty madly in love with herself, generally at the expense of anyone else. (Also, is there now going to be fallout for Amy, too? From her confession, the whole school will think they were both faking it the whole time.) Also, ouch. Her singing. I wish they wouldn't let her do it on this show, it just sounds auto-tuned and pop-star-wannabe in the middle of a musical theater sequence (or a singer-songwriter-type sequence, which is what they've had her do in the past, which her voice also sounds too artificial for). I want to like her because she's a female lead and has perfect hair, but I just don't see it. And two other leads being in love with her when I find her so bland makes it hard to really lock into the show.

Lauren, Shane, and Laverne Cox were worth the price of admission, though.

So Amy's new love interest is an adult? Oh dear.

Amy looked really pretty but I prefer her when she leans tomboy.

• Love 1

Jesus Christ, Liam really does have a messed up family life. His (grand)parents suck so hard and his momster is the same. I don't like the secret at all. It definitely feels soap opera-esque, but at least they kind of have led up to it...a little bit. And I guess it makes sense as to why Liam seems to have an allergy to lies. But at least it led to an actually ok bonding moment between Liam and Amy. I really could see them becoming friends. And to be honest, Gregg and Rita have more chemistry than Gregg and Katie. 

That drama subplot was hilarious. Oliver's trigger is Karma? That's hilarious. The dance scene was even funnier, and I almost forgot that I watched Katie on American Idol a few years back. Beautiful voice. Shane didn't annoy me in this episode, at least. Maybe because he was away from his man crush, Liam. 

Definitely my least favourite episode, though, of this season, but there were small moments which I liked.

Even though we didn't get much exposure to him in season 1, where the hell did this Oliver come from, and why does he have such disdain for Karma? He & Amy had a one - afternoon flirtation from what we saw...not exactly something to make him a whacked out mental patient who is "triggered" by Karma.

I agree that Gregg Sulkin looks constipated in most scenes, and I attribute it to his struggles with an "American" accent. With his backstory, they should have just made it so that Liam was shipped off to boarding school in England as a young boy. I mean, what's hotter than a rich, brooding bad boy? One with a British accent! I will say that the most natural he has come across to me has been his scenes with Amy.

I didn't care for Willet's singing voice, but I think that's because it sounded off being juxtaposed with the others.

Karma's confession would have sat better with me if she had said Amy UNWILLINGLY agreed. Like Amy said to Liam, that wasn't exactly her secret to tell.

Karmy is dead to me, and I don't even feel it from Amy's end anymore. All I see is a girl desperate not to lose a best friend, not a girl desperate not to lose a potential lover. Just move along the Karma/Liam twu wuv story so we can see Amy pursue a reciprocal relationship with the cute waitress without any interference from Karma.

And speaking of cute waitress, I don't think she's an adult. She'll have some rough backstory to where she has had to "make it on her own" from a young age & is supporting herself with cater waiter jobs. Cliche? Absolutely...but I see potential with her having her own apartment. *wink* *wink*

• Love 2

Or she's a student who helps pay the rent with her mom or dad. I hope the writers remember that Amy doesn't even have a license yet. So hooking her up with an adult is just weird even though Rita looks older than almost everyone in the cast.

I forgot to add I really like New guy and Lauren. He makes her flirty and less angry half the time. I did love her face when Karma confessed. She seemed genuinely shocked.

This episode was pretty clearly an excuse to put Rita Volk in full gala, I approve. Gosh, was she rocking the high femme, and Rita is just a walking blaze of chemistry. Never mind the cute waitress - she was getting the once over by his momster too... You know what, that would have been so much better an end to season 1. Instead of sleeping with Liam, bang slinky squirkle lady when she shows up to fetch Liam, then end the season on "YOU SLEPT WITH MY MOTHER?"

The waitress was enormously cute, tough. And Laverne Cox was just obviously having more fun than most people ever manage with their clothes on. 

• Love 4

The whole audition thing, as many great moments as it had, was completely not a real high school thing. What kind of drama club has auditions for the club as opposed to specific shows? It's the club that fills in the gaps with set work, lighting, and bit parts, they don't turn away anyone in practice. And in reality, a "true confession" portion of high stakes tryout would be emotionally abusive with real high school students. (I know the story needed Kharma to confess, and Lauren not to). Lastly, Oliver's audition was terrible, there is no way he would come out on top.

I know, I know, this show is not a realistic portrayal of high school and never tried to be. But I'd be a little happier if it was on the same planet once in a while.

And I'm not loving Theo's interactions with Lauren. His attempts at charm come across as PUA to me. Half the time he's negging her, the other half he's telling her things like she's prettier when she smiles. 

I actually liked Amy & Liam as antagonists in this one. Not hating each other, but having different goals and concerns. I do hope that Liam's speech at the party are not treated as just "yay-Liam is free now" but also as something with painful consequences for his family, the latest act in a family tragedy. 

• Love 1
And I'm not loving Theo's interactions with Lauren. His attempts at charm come across as PUA to me. Half the time he's negging her, the other half he's telling her things like she's prettier when she smiles.

Good to know I’m not alone in not being crazy about the guy. I’ve never liked it when guys tell girls that they should smile. 

And speaking of cute waitress, I don't think she's an adult.

She could be Alex Kelly from The OC all over again. But with less ridiculous hair. 

• Love 2

Liam's "secret" was so utterly ridiculous to me that I just couldn't take it seriously. Liam's sister is actually his mother? While I can maybe see why the family may present this as a reality to the outside world, I don't see why Liam would also be kept in the dark. It's just not believable to me. 

Actually, in cases where this sort of switch happens, the kid usually isn't told.  It's counterproductive to the image (and also, generally, to the mother trying to live her own life).  Jack Nicholson, to cite one example, only found out that his "sister" was actually his mother after both she and his grandmother were dead.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3

Amy's new love interest is cute. I approve. I also don't think that she looks like an adult. 

I don't see "Amy is crazy and Liam is perfect" at all. I mean, the end of the episode had Liam coming around to Amy's way of thinking, realizing that unburdening himself might make him feel better, but would unnecessarily hurt Karma. I didn't think that Amy acted too out of character at the party, either -- she's never had a problem with making a scene. She deliberately ruined her mother's bridal shower, after all. She doesn't seem to care what strangers think of her.

Liam is still my least-favorite character (I think he's nearly everyone's least-favorite character). I don't mind if the show redeems him somewhat -- maybe I'll actually enjoy watching him then. I like that he realized that wanting to sleep with a lesbian just to cross it off some mental list was stupid and insulting. I like that now that he's actually done it, he regrets it.

• Love 4

I didn't think that Amy acted too out of character at the party, either -- she's never had a problem with making a scene. She deliberately ruined her mother's bridal shower, after all. She doesn't seem to care what strangers think of her.

This is seriously why Amy's my favorite character. She was the one who went for the kiss in the pilot. She outed herself to her mom in grand fashion. It also makes sense why Karma was trying to calm her down during her mom's bridal shower. Me thinks Amy was the kid who had temper tantrums as a child. She does seem to have only child syndrome in that if she doesn't get her way she'll make the biggest scene in the world. lol I'm not getting the Amy's a different person from season 1 when she's been that way since the pilot.

Liam really is the least favorite character and I'm shocked because other fandoms would've found a way to probably hate Amy or even Lauren more but I only know a handful of people who likes Liam myself included. So kudos to the fandom.

Edited by mjgchick

Just to clarify, I only asked if Amy's new love interest was an adult because she was talking about paying rent. Nothing to do with her appearance. Obviously both actresses are well into adulthood, but I was just curious about their show ages and if they were setting up some townie/high school student thing. I'm just hoping the character is age-appropriate.

And as some of you mentioned upthread, it's entirely possible that she has to chip in for her parents' rent or is on her own for some other reason. Maybe she's an emancipated minor!

She certainly doesn't look any less convincing as a teenager than most of those "Brazilian" students from last week!

This episode was pretty clearly an excuse to put Rita Volk in full gala, I approve. Gosh, was she rocking the high femme, and Rita is just a walking blaze of chemistry.

Seriously. Amy in the black lingerie. Amy's hair flip last episode. Amy in her dresses. Why is Liam hung up on Karma? Honestly, one of the high points of the show is seeing what outfits they will put Rita in and how they will do her hair.

I am curious if the show will address the response to Karma telling the truth or if Hester will accept it and move on. I can understand Karma not wanting to tell the other students Amy fell in love with her/is really a lesbian. At the same time, I feel like they would have more sympathy for Amy if she told the whole truth.

Edited by Bossley
  • Love 1

I am in the Theo dislike camp too.  While he is not a pig like Liam the wannabe lesbian conqueror, he is constantly patronizing and scolding to Lauren.  

With Liam at this point, the show is practically screaming like this character at viewers.  Maybe the show should have thought that before writing him as a pig.  Then they rationalize the behavior of this creep with this terrible storyline.  As for Karma, I agree the scene she came out as straight in was not only not believable as all of a sudden this season they have retconned her into not being a jerk.  It seemed grotesque for a show that has already ridiculed lesbians to have a coming out as straight person who exploits lesbians as being a moment to applaud for. 

Concerning Amy and the new woman, I don't know.  At this point it is looking more and more like Amy desires men physically and maybe women platonically.  Unlike Liam who she couldn't wait to ride and the Brazilian guy who shook her body, I just don't see Amy being portrayed as interested in women physically this season.  The storyline is so screwed up I can't figure it out.  It is hard to figure out since it worships men who want to turn lesbians, depicts the person who appeared to maybe be a lesbian at first as a nutcase, depicts gay men as people who create trouble with their words, and promotes a straight couple above all.  Hard to know what idiotic road this show is headed next.

Edited by dohe

I totally think that Amy will be into that girl. She doesn't have very good gaydar yet, so she didn't realize that the girl was trying to flirt with her when she said that there were no boyfriends in her life, plus Amy was distracted worrying about Liam spilling their secret. But I think that when she runs into that girl again, sparks will fly. I really don't see Amy having any kind of serious relationship with a guy.

I really don't see how the show "worships" guys who want to sleep with (not "turn") lesbians, either. Liam was always shown as shallow and wrong for only wanting to sleep with Karma because he thought she was gay. Now that he knows she's not, he's still into her -- and he's not into Amy. He slept with Amy and regrets it. He commented a couple of episodes ago about how he should be punished for wanting to sleep with a lesbian just because she was a lesbian. How is any of that worshiping him?

• Love 3

I totally think that Amy will be into that girl. She doesn't have very good gaydar yet, so she didn't realize that the girl was trying to flirt with her when she said that there were no boyfriends in her life, plus Amy was distracted worrying about Liam spilling their secret. But I think that when she runs into that girl again, sparks will fly. I really don't see Amy having any kind of serious relationship with a guy.

I really don't see how the show "worships" guys who want to sleep with (not "turn") lesbians, either. Liam was always shown as shallow and wrong for only wanting to sleep with Karma because he thought she was gay. Now that he knows she's not, he's still into her -- and he's not into Amy. He slept with Amy and regrets it. He commented a couple of episodes ago about how he should be punished for wanting to sleep with a lesbian just because she was a lesbian. How is any of that worshiping him?

He is given a way out for all his transgressions by having such a messed up family.  He wants to be truthful to Karma unlike Crazy Eyes Amy.  He turns away beautiful women because he is so devoted (of course Crazy Eyes Amy makes out with a woman).  He even admits he is wrong for wanting a lesbian just for being a lesbian. 

This show is practically begging the audience to love him.  Meanwhile Crazy Eyes Amy goes on rants, attempts to extort Liam to lie, and acts like a psycho at his party.  It is clear the show has an agenda and that agenda is to present Liam as wonderful so everyone can be happy for the lesbian conqueror who makes every woman's body shake. 

Clearly they are so tied in to ramming this Liam/Karma romance down people's throats having also had Liam have sex with Amy, they felt it was time to throw some scraps at people tired of how the show's main focus is how a lesbian should realize she is not as deserving of being with a woman as a man is.  Time for tokenistic same sex romance that also reminds the audience why Liam is so much better for Karma.  God forbid they have a show where the lead couple is same sex.  Instead they continue to go this Liam-centric route which only serves to drive away viewers.

Edited by dohe
  • Love 1

Sometimes I feel like we're not watching the same show!

(I'm not saying you're wrong, though. I'm saying that as I see it, Amy is very much the main character and her sexuality and any relationships she has will be the main focus rather than "token" relationships, Liam was shown to be wrong in both sleeping with Amy and wanting to blab about it, the Liam/Karma romance is being developed pretty damn slowly, Amy tends to overreact at times --and always has -- but is far from crazy, and Liam's not coming across as very wonderful in general.)

I don't think this show is perfect, not by a long shot. But I don't think that Carter has a Liam fetish or anything. He knows where his audience is, and Liam's not even in the top three favorite characters. I think he's below Lauren on most people's lists at this point. A bit of redemption is probably even needed.

• Love 5

I am not necessarily sure if this is just about redemption for Liam at all. The way I see it the show is progressing this season towards one path which is Karma finding out the secret. Right now the show is building it towards a big fallout so each episode is setting up till it comes out.

At this time they are obviously trying to build towards Liam and Karma reconciling while at the same time Amy and Karma coming to terms on their relationship. Everything will finally seem to come together right before it goes to hell. The show needed for Amy and Liam to come to an arrangement where they can move on from their night together and keep the secret. This also sets up Amy more than likely stepping out the way in the next episode so Liam and Karma can get together.

Also with Amy being crazy being negative, I might agree with it if the rest of the characters hadn't also had their moments of insanity. All of them have had their over the top moments.

• Love 1

Ehh... I actually found Amy and Liam's high speed social scheming funny as hell, and not crazy at all.  I mean, it would eventually become  a bad thing if they kept returning to this well, but for the situation, it made sense, and was well done. I also think Liam is just angsting over the wrong thing entirely. The way his grandparents handled his momsters teen pregnancy ? Fine. That's actually a  reasonable enough response if abortion is off the table. The fact that they are practicing dynastic marriage like it's the year 1342 ? Much worse. 

Re: The waitress. Amy was not oblivious at all. Actually, that was a gorgeous "meet cute" and an impressive display of social intelligence / gaydar on both sides. I mean experiment and experience both tell me people (and I myself) are abysmal at recognizing flirting, but Amy and Regan didnt miss a beat. The only bit of that scene that worries me is.. Contact info? I mean, how the heck is Amy going to find that girl again. 

• Love 1

I thought Amy was oblivious to Reagan flirting with her. Amy got an idea from her and then ran out to make a full of herself. If anything she and Reagan will most likely run into each other again maybe at the mall or something. Isn't next week Karma's birthday? Maybe Karma's parents hire the same company.

Just my opinion, BUT...I get as irritated as anyone when someone says "SMILE!!"...Theo did NOT tell Lauren to smile...he said she might be even prettier if she smiled once in a while. In my opinion, that's vastly different than being commanded to smile by a random passerby.

Ehh... I actually found Amy and Liam's high speed social scheming funny as hell, and not crazy at all.  I mean, it would eventually become  a bad thing if they kept returning to this well, but for the situation, it made sense, and was well done. I also think Liam is just angsting over the wrong thing entirely. The way his grandparents handled his momsters teen pregnancy ? Fine. That's actually a  reasonable enough response if abortion is off the table. The fact that they are practicing dynastic marriage like it's the year 1342 ? Much worse. 

Re: The waitress. Amy was not oblivious at all. Actually, that was a gorgeous "meet cute" and an impressive display of social intelligence / gaydar on both sides. I mean experiment and experience both tell me people (and I myself) are abysmal at recognizing flirting, but Amy and Regan didnt miss a beat. The only bit of that scene that worries me is.. Contact info? I mean, how the heck is Amy going to find that girl again. 

She had probably other problems at the time.. anyway, Reagan plays large part in second half of the season, she should be in 6 episodes this year, which means she wont be in next one.

She could be Alex Kelly from The OC all over again. But with less ridiculous hair. 

I was getting more Papi from the L Word vibes. Something about how predatory and sexual she came across as. 

Just my opinion, BUT...I get as irritated as anyone when someone says "SMILE!!"...Theo did NOT tell Lauren to smile...he said she might be even prettier if she smiled once in a while. In my opinion, that's vastly different than being commanded to smile by a random passerby.

That way of phrasing it is not any better, IMO, just more manipulative. 

Theo is clearly not intended to be written as a creep. But he's coming across that way to me, and I think it's just poor writing. I don't think its anything in the actor's delivery.

They want to present Theo as a calming, insightful person who could be good for Lauren, but they are just not writing it well at all. Maybe if his insights were about things other than what Lauren needs to do differently to fix herself?

ETA: Compare Shane/Pablo -- which was handled better, and still ended up with Shane finding Pablo tiresome.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1
That way of phrasing it is not any better, IMO, just more manipulative.

This. I’ve had guys pull the exact same line on me that Theo did on Lauren, and it’s just as irritating. Why should I care what would make me prettier in your eyes or not? 

I don't think I find Theo creepy though, just condescending and paternalistic. 

• Love 2

I think this episode killed the love I had for Amy and sunk Liam and Karma further down the list...

Now my list of fave characters is

Lauren - I do enjoy my snark

Shane- though some episodes his inability to keep a secret drives me bonkers

Oliver - He's so random...

Karma is still at the bottom of the list. I don't find her interesting enough to merit being the centre of a love triangle. Other than being a wanna be singer does she have any defining qualities of her own?

I loved the drama club auditions because it just shows that all these people are vain self centred attention seekers with poor sense of boundaries. It's refreshing.

The making a scene in the middle of someone's family get together to blackmail them into submission did not paint Amy in a great light for me.

Nor did Liam's exposing of family dirty laundry in the middle of an engagement party. Dude if you're that messed about it go to therapy or buy a puppy.

• Love 1

I think there were some nice moments this week. I've given up on the show holding together but they gave some of the actors nice little scenes to play. The bombshell with Liam's sister/mom was unexpected and I think it could have had more impact. But Karma's singing was nice and Lauren had a nice moment on stage when she might have announced she was intersex. But as an overall episode? Meh. So, so obvious from the moment he showed up that Oliver was going to win. The actor playing Liam used to be so much more charismatic. I don't know if it's him or this part but he's so bland.