Type keyword(s) to search

Freak Show Speculation And Spoilers

• Start Topic

If the seasons are tied together, then I wonder how they're going to tie in seasons one and three. The asylum was in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Did the family from the first season, move from Boston to L.A?

In an article I read they said that Connie Briton's character mentioned having crazy relatives in Florida. I think that might be the only connection to the Murder House season. 

• Love 1

If the seasons are tied together, then I wonder how they're going to tie in seasons one and three. The asylum was in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Did the family from the first season, move from Boston to L.A?

Honestly, Ryan Murphy was insistent that each Season was totally separate until this year, when he decided to crossover Pepper. He's making it up as he goes, and he flat out lies as well as changes his mind several times per season, so I take all the interconnecting with a shaker of salt.

• Love 5
Honestly, Ryan Murphy was insistent that each Season was totally separate until this year, when he decided to crossover Pepper. He's making it up as he goes, and he flat out lies as well as changes his mind several times per season, so I take all the interconnecting with a shaker of salt.

I concur.  This year is the first time I've heard of the seasons tying together as well.  It's an awsome idea and I wish he had thought of this while doing season 1 because it would have been nice to see little easter egg hints about previous seasons in S2 & 3.  IMHO I think R.M. tries to cater to the fans; I read somewhere that while the first few episodes of the season are airing the cast & crew is still filming the final half of the season.  So my guess is R.M. reads and listens to what the fans are griping about and cuts it out (has anyone noticed we don't have karaoke night at the freak show anymore) and then adds in what he thinks fans would like to see (Lily Rabe & Jamie Brewer).  In that sense I applaud the guy for trying to keep us bitter kittens happy but I feel the story gets compromised in this cluster fudge of waaay tooo many, useless *cough Theo Huxtable* characters and story lines.

• Love 1

I can't take any more deeply SAD, troubling stories anymore.   I mean as in bad things happening to the good people of the Freak Show.

How about some revenge plotlines on the despicable characters?

• Love 3

I concur.  This year is the first time I've heard of the seasons tying together as well.  It's an awsome idea and I wish he had thought of this while doing season 1 because it would have been nice to see little easter egg hints about previous seasons in S2 & 3.  IMHO I think R.M. tries to cater to the fans; I read somewhere that while the first few episodes of the season are airing the cast & crew is still filming the final half of the season.  So my guess is R.M. reads and listens to what the fans are griping about and cuts it out (has anyone noticed we don't have karaoke night at the freak show anymore) and then adds in what he thinks fans would like to see (Lily Rabe & Jamie Brewer).  In that sense I applaud the guy for trying to keep us bitter kittens happy but I feel the story gets compromised in this cluster fudge of waaay tooo many, useless *cough Theo Huxtable* characters and story lines.

I do wonder how tying them all together effects Emmy categories, etc. So far AHS has been considered a mini-series, but if they're tied, does that make it a series series?

I think you're right about catering to fans and developing storylines through the season, which in one way, is great, but in another, really jacks things up and drops previous questions.

• Love 1

I read that both would be returning. Mordrake is definitely supposed to be returning. My guess though is that Twisty will be seen and not heard like the other souls that are stuck with Mordrake forever. There's really nothing left to wrap up with Twisty anyway.

And since this is speculation, my speculation for the finale is that Elsa will be Mordrake's final victim (although how can he be summoned again unless the show skips forward a year to Halloween?) and that Dandy will be gruesomely killed by the freaks. 

As far as who Dandy's next victim will be since it seems he's going to be bathing in blood again, my guess is Desiree since we see her dressed up in the maid's costume. I think Dandy will see her as the Patti LaBelle character and will end up freaking out. 

As for what's making Jimmy scream--my guess is that something happens with the twins. My next guess is Eve but I don't see Dandy being capable of taking her out. 

ETa

Actually, now that I think about it maybe Jimmy is screaming because he's looking at a puppet show of Dandy's and there are multiple victims. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 2

I read that both would be returning. Mordrake is definitely supposed to be returning. My guess though is that Twisty will be seen and not heard like the other souls that are stuck with Mordrake forever. There's really nothing left to wrap up with Twisty anyway.

And since this is speculation, my speculation for the finale is that Elsa will be Mordrake's final victim (although how can he be summoned again unless the show skips forward a year to Halloween?) and that Dandy will be gruesomely killed by the freaks. 

As far as who Dandy's next victim will be since it seems he's going to be bathing in blood again, my guess is Desiree since we see her dressed up in the maid's costume. I think Dandy will see her as the Patti LaBelle character and will end up freaking out. 

As for what's making Jimmy scream--my guess is that something happens with the twins. My next guess is Eve but I don't see Dandy being capable of taking her out. 

ETa

Actually, now that I think about it maybe Jimmy is screaming because he's looking at a puppet show of Dandy's and there are multiple victims. 

Eeek in re: to the puppet show, Avaleigh !  Was there something specific you saw in the previews that made you think that ?

I can't see Dandy getting to Eve either, but in the previews he was indeed holding a gold revolver.

My guess is that the final "showdown" will be between Dandy and Jimmy, and Jimmy will kill Dandy, free all the freaks, and get married to Dot/Bette. They will travel to Hollywood and Elsa will put them in her show and they will all become famous and live happily ever after. The last scene will be of Elsa being taken by Edward Mordrake. Maybe.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 3

Yeah, I think the Life magazine cover was misdirection, meant to make us believe that Elsa would have a happy ending. But I think the show will flash forward to later in Elsa's life, when she's famous, and she performs on Halloween - and is taken by Mordrake.

• Love 2

Nope, just speculation based on how much of a kick he got out of doing the first puppet show.

If we DON'T get Dandy and Chester putting on a creepy puppet show together, then that's a missed opportunity! Although Chester did "kill" his puppet, yet, the prosthetic woodworker is still around, so perhaps he can fix her right up. If not, then maybe Dandy will teach Chester how to make his own puppet...perhaps out of Bette and Dot?

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

I guess this season's opening credits haven't turned out to be as foreshadow-y as promised, but I still haven't abandoned the hope that we'll see some babies swapping heads before it's all over.

• Love 1

So much for any 1970s speculation. I bet the next series will still have decades ago flashbacks though just like all the other series, so I suppose there's that possibility.  

I wonder if Jessica will change her mind. I think she likes getting the nominations personally.

I think the "secret chemical testing" theme sounds cool. Maybe it can be set in the present time and also include some aliens and extraterrestrial intrigue. Jessica Lange can play the alien lizard queen, like Diana from "V". I will turn in for that.

Edited by Mattipoo
I guess this season's opening credits haven't turned out to be as foreshadow-y as promised, but I still haven't abandoned the hope that we'll see some babies swapping heads before it's all over.

I hate to sound like a pig but I am seriously bummed we won't get to see Stanley's giant shlong.  I too had heard that the opening credits where a hint as to each character so I just figured the doll with a 3rd leg for a sexual organ was going to be Stanley; why go thru the scenes and story of making a point to include this in his character and then mention nothing of it?! 

So I don't think we are getting any payoff from Dandy's psychiatrist. I had thought for a while that was going to be an important reveal.

OMG I had forgotten about this!  I bet the writers did too.  Again why go thru the trouble of keeping the psychiatrist a secret with only his voice heard & not show him.  I guess by the time line it can't be Dr. Thresdon from Asylum.  He was a young doctor in Asylum and would be a young child in the 50s soooo idk.

• Love 2

So did anyone catch a possible spoiler for next year's season?  When John Huston's character was speaking to Elsa about where he's been since we last saw him he said he went to Nevada to assist, in what sounded like, the atomic bomb testing.   He said houses were built and then destroyed within a matter of seconds.....and the fact that he has lung caner, perhaps a side effect of the radiation *shrug* I'm just guessing but it sounded like a possible spoiler to me.

• Love 2

So did anyone catch a possible spoiler for next year's season?  When John Huston's character was speaking to Elsa about where he's been since we last saw him he said he went to Nevada to assist, in what sounded like, the atomic bomb testing.   He said houses were built and then destroyed within a matter of seconds.....and the fact that he has lung caner, perhaps a side effect of the radiation *shrug* I'm just guessing but it sounded like a possible spoiler to me.

There were several references to cowboys, campfires ,etc, that sounded to me like Shameless Plugs (maybe clues) in that tv commercial Elsa filmed.

Maybe a ghost town type thing? They could have it set on present day, but could have plenty of flashbacks and even time travel. This could fit in with the campfire idea and would be new to this series.

• Love 3