Type keyword(s) to search

Shark Tank in the Media

Amarsir
  • Start Topic

The closing and bankruptcy of Bed, Bath, and Beyond should have a big impact on the Shark investments as it seems like it was a big outlet for these products (and Lori used her relationship with them as one of her biggest selling points for picking her).

• Like 4
On 4/20/2023 at 11:57 AM, DanaK said:

The Futon Critic is indicating that the season finale is May 19

http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/shark-tank/listings/

Yep. It looks like we get one on May 5th, and then the last one on May 19th.

As for why this show seems to get spread out over SUCH a long time, I would guess that it's because each episode is its own thing. There is no continuity of a plot or anything to worry about, so ABC can just drop them whenever. 

43 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Yep. It looks like we get one on May 5th, and then the last one on May 19th.

As for why this show seems to get spread out over SUCH a long time, I would guess that it's because each episode is its own thing. There is no continuity of a plot or anything to worry about, so ABC can just drop them whenever. 

Also, November, February and May used to be when advertising rates were set so shows wanted new episodes to maximize ratings.  

• Useful 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

Also, November, February and May used to be when advertising rates were set so shows wanted new episodes to maximize ratings.  

Which makes perfect sense! And it meshes nicely with the way they can show any Shark Tank episode at any time and in any order.

• Like 2

A couple of interesting lists about Shark Tank products:

Biggest failures, and the biggest failures of the Sharks to buy into:

https://www.failory.com/blog/shark-tank-failures

I think it's ironic that the company that became Ring was passed on by the Sharks, and later the founder came on the show as a guest Shark. 

DoorBot was the original name for Ring.   It must have hit the mainstream, because with my next house I'm getting a Ring doorbell, and I never go for trends.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

A couple of interesting lists about Shark Tank products:

Biggest failures, and the biggest failures of the Sharks to buy into:

https://www.failory.com/blog/shark-tank-failures

I think it's ironic that the company that became Ring was passed on by the Sharks, and later the founder came on the show as a guest Shark. 

But when it was on shark tank the technology was new & very expensive although the comment that nobody would want to pay for a camera on their doorbell will always be amusing. If I remember correctly it was also called something else & had been passed on by every investor he approached for quite a while before & after appearing. 

Sometimes life turns out that way. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Shrek said:

But when it was on shark tank the technology was new & very expensive although the comment that nobody would want to pay for a camera on their doorbell will always be amusing. If I remember correctly it was also called something else & had been passed on by every investor he approached for quite a while before & after appearing. 

Sometimes life turns out that way. 

I think Kevin did make an offer, and the guy turned it down. It was still early and unproven when he was on the show. Yes, I always thought the comment about not wanting a camera on the door was a little out of touch - some of the sharks seem to have forgotten how 'regular people' live.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LakeGal said:

shark tank

Mark Cuban leaving after next season.

This makes me happy.  I know a lot of the presenters hope to get a deal with him, but I think this will enliven the show again and the other sharks will be able to get more deals and not just the deals Mark doesn't want.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

This makes me happy.  I know a lot of the presenters hope to get a deal with him, but I think this will enliven the show again and the other sharks will be able to get more deals and not just the deals Mark doesn't want.  

But he is doing one more season first…so every presenter will be doubling down on trying to get a deal with him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Looks like we'll get new episodes on 12/08 and 12/15 and then repeats the following two Fridays.  The 12/08 episode is described as follows from the ABC press release:

"Shark Tank" rings in the holiday season as the Sharks look to spread festive cheer to four new entrepreneurs. They are presented with business opportunities that are sure to turn anyone's spirit merry and bright.

(College football this week.)

• Thanks 1

I apologize if it isn't appropriate to put this here, but Kym Johnson Hercavec was featured in a Lifetime movie "Hunting Housewives."  I watched it mainly for the snark (and wow is it snark-worthy!) and just wondered if anyone else saw her in it.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

Youthforia is getting backlash for its new foundation for dark skin.

https://www.today.com/style/beauty/youthforia-foundation-shade-controversy-rcna150216

I was interested to read this but gave up since majority of it requires you to watch tiktok videos for the actual content. (App is unavailable where I am. Good for me I guess?) 

[Random question but what was that Charlotte Tillbury video playing at the start of the article? Was it related to the YouthForia story? Why were they comparing  everything to the side of the model's face that had no makeup on it? Also TIL Charlotte Tillbury is an actual person and not just a brand name🤣]

Found out that the company known as First Defense Nasal Screens has reached $50 Million net worth in 2024 Source:geeksaroundglobe. I was trying to find the threads relating to this product to discuss the truth behind that, but it seems no one is interested in old episodes even if the business is doing amazing at the moment.

8 hours ago, walterwho said:

Found out that the company known as First Defense Nasal Screens has reached $50 Million net worth in 2024 Source:geeksaroundglobe. I was trying to find the threads relating to this product to discuss the truth behind that, but it seems no one is interested in old episodes even if the business is doing amazing at the moment.

It's always a bit of a risk to click on a link in a post from a brand new member, but I took a chance and this looks legit.

The product in question was from a show in 2011, before this forum was started.  You might want to post in one of these threads if you're looking for discussion:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

It's always a bit of a risk to click on a link in a post from a brand new member, but I took a chance and this looks legit.

The product in question was from a show in 2011, before this forum was started.  You might want to post in one of these threads if you're looking for discussion:

Thanks a lot. Could not found those threads earlier and I got some new interesting questions to ask from visitors on the show. I will head to your suggestions. Thanks again.

Maybe they're testing him out to replace Mark when he leaves after this season?  I don't necessarily care for Daniel.  I would have preferred a new female regular as I get tired of Lori and she is always there.  At least Barbara, Kevin, Daymond, and Robert take breaks from the show so I'm not as tired of them.  But Lori and Mark?  Please take time off (I'm actually excited that Mark is leaving the show).

• Like 1
On 9/20/2024 at 1:28 AM, seacliffsal said:

Maybe they're testing him out to replace Mark when he leaves after this season?  I don't necessarily care for Daniel.  I would have preferred a new female regular as I get tired of Lori and she is always there.  At least Barbara, Kevin, Daymond, and Robert take breaks from the show so I'm not as tired of them.  But Lori and Mark?  Please take time off (I'm actually excited that Mark is leaving the show).

I agree! I've been saying it since past few seasons.. Lori and Mark are just always there.. Even Mr. Wonderful doesn't show up now as much as they both do.. And honestly I'm tired of their joint deals now especially when Mark comes swooping in to make a deal when he was already out or he wasn't interested in the first place. Lori and her "golden ticket" bs needs to end too. Wonder what shtick she's going to come up with this season?

I hope they add some younger sharks to the mix. It would be refreshing to see some new people instead of everyone's botox filled faces which they can barely move

• Like 2