Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E17: Happily Ever Aft

• Start Topic

The crew work closely to make sure Captain Sandy's proposal goes smoothly without a hitch, but unexpected difficulties emerge; a fresh romance sparks on the last crew night out.

Airs 9.23.2024

Sandys girlfriend didn’t look that excited by the proposal.

That Joe was all talk. All 3 stews look like idiots for falling for his come on.

I wonder if Nathan and Gael are still in each others lives. They were pretty cute together. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ellie thought Aesha would write her a recommendation letter? Heh. Watching her toddle down the pier in that white nightie and heels was the best. Buh-bye, delusional one.

When Bre wears heavy eye makeup it makes her looks angry and harsh (and rather troll-like). She looks much better with a lighter pallet. 

Sandy proposing in white pants was so on point. Exchanging her capris for full-length (vs. capris) must have been her homage to formality.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

She had to know something was going on, what with the violin players and the camera crew being there. 

Overall this season was a fail for me. It revolved primarily around the girls fighting over or fawning over Joe. I feel like the Med spinoff has run its course. I'm certainly through with Sandy, who has to be up everyone's ass all the time. I know Bravo seems to think the female captain is the coolest thing ever but she's the worst one out of all the BD captains IMO. If they don't get rid of her, they're going to get rid of me.

• Like 5

Obviously it wasn't much of a surprise to Leah, with all the cameras following, the decorations, the violinists, etc.

Why else would she be filmed, which also requires her signing a waiver consenting to be filmed for a TV show?

At least the season-end exits was short and sweet, they didn't draw it out.

Of course everyone is saying what a positive experience it was.  If the goal was to get on a TV show, mission accomplished.  Actually gaining some skills and experience which would be an asset on their resumes when they're going for other yachting jobs?  Have they ever had previous cast say that doing a season of BD ever helped their career, like it was a stepping stone to progression?

Some of the previous cast have said their goal was to move up in the industry, to become a captain.

Doing reality TV may at best be neutral for that.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Too much botox?  The thing wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

Ellie is just insufferable.  She whines more than a toddler.  I can't imagine anyone hiring her for a yachting job after seeing this performance.

Bri seems to have pulled it together.  Jono too.

Carrie seems to be under no illusions with Joe.  She just wants to have fun.

Hilarious how he got so hammered he couldn't perform.

Nathan and Gael make a cute couple.  Would be nice if they;re still together.  I loved how she put Joe in his place awhile back

Iain gets more weird all the time.

Sandy annoying as always

• Like 3

I can't imagine being married to Sandy. The female captain of the sea. The voice of enlightenment and mentorship for all. I'll bet Sandy makes her fiancee do tablescapes at home.

And her fiance can stop with all of the "I love you baby" sentiments. We get it, you love Sandy. Baby!

Glad this BDM franchise season is over.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

My thought exactly! Possible gold digger alert? In either case, Sandy started off on the right foot...that diamond needs ice skates to get to the other side. She better sign up for another season to pay for the future lip filler appointments.

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, snarts said:

Sandy proposing in white pants was so on point. Exchanging her capris for full-length (vs. capris) must have been her homage to formality.

I thought that same thing, ankles are for casual and work, no ankles is for formal occasions, lol...however that vest was awful.

Her fiance sat on some rocky edge with violins playing, a tablescape and champagne, by the time Sandy proposed it was no surprise.

Ellie going on about how if Aesha did decor for Sandy's proposal and didn't ask Ellie to do it she will be mad, that rant made Ellie seem more nuts than we thought she already was. I do wonder who actually did decorate because we saw laterns with fresh flowers, the centerpiece and other flowers, all sorts of decor but Aesha didn't bring anything with her from the boat, I guess she used a local florist.  Sandy was not specific when it came to anything like colors, music the violinists should play, etc... was this even the real proposal?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

BTW, did anyone watch WWHL with Jono and Joe?

Anything interesting or not really essential?

I don't see a reunion next week so I guess this was it for this season.

35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

wonder who actually did decorate because we saw laterns with fresh flowers, the centerpiece and other flowers, all sorts of decor but Aesha didn't bring anything with her from the boat, I guess she used a local florist.  

Aesha did mention and meet a party planner who set the whole thing up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, aghst said:

BTW, did anyone watch WWHL with Jono and Joe?

Anything interesting or not really essential?

I don't see a reunion next week so I guess this was it for this season.

I did.  It was very uneventful.   zzzzz

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I did.  It was very uneventful.   zzzzz

Joni acknowledged his mistakes, Joe acknowledged some of his bad behaviour, and in the Naughty Yachtie game indicated he has been worse during other jobs. But neither had anything scandalous to share, except maybe that Joe is smelly IRL.

Well, this is actually the first BD season I managed to finish after 2 years of trying to watch the franchise and  giving up on it after a few episodes.
I guess having it filmed at my hometown was crucial for my "achievement", as it was Aesha's presence, who, despite her scatological humor, I really like, she just relaxes me.

It wasn't bad, it wasn't something memorable either. I didn't mind it being less eventful.  Most of the crew was nice and most of the guests as well.

Being from Athens and familiar with  the places they went, It did made the fake drama a tad obvious to me, especially the wildfires "visible" from 45miles away and the provisions drama during the first charter. 

I did not mind Sandy,  never really had a problem with her presence, although the proposal felt a bit cringy, apparently her partner knew. Dunno..it was uncomfortable knowing that they shared an important moment to a reality show. Anyway, it was great watching Kate at the wedding, she rocks!

Below Deck looks and feels like a very tired franchise that has run out of ideas but mostly they cannot find good crew to cast. It also feels more "scripted" than ever.

I finish with my fav crew members from all the BD shows: Kate K., Aesha, Rachel, Malia, Mzi, Ben (the Chef), Eddie, Colin. 

Everyone loved to hate Ellie this season, but comparing her to that @#%# Gary from SY, she is an angel. 

• Like 2