Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E07: Power of Veto #2

• Start Topic

Quinn was admittedly snaky, but he said what Angela said WORD for WORD.  How other people interpreted it, well that was on them.  Which Quinn knew.  Snaky.

• Like 7
37 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Quinn was admittedly snaky, but he said what Angela said WORD for WORD.  How other people interpreted it, well that was on them.  Which Quinn knew.  Snaky.

He still had no right to be proud of himself, given that he got publicly called out, too.

• Like 2

Defending Angela is a strange position to be in but nonetheless.... she wasn't lying when she said to Quinn and T'Kor that she was pointing out the group as one she wanted to work with.

Also, as for the group well if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it's a Cookout!  I say this as a POC that there is nothing racist at all by noticing a Cookout group appears to be forming. It's actually worse if your gameplay was so bad you didn't notice it. X and his crew orchestrated and carried out a highly successful plan to get to the end.

With all that said Angela really does have the ability to somehow make herself the victim in everything.

Look CBS is probably going to be very worried if she goes home...let's face the facts...she's the only thing that's got people talking about BB this summer and the only thing adding a little spice to the tired old summer warhorse.

Please let the pawn go home. Tucker seems so skeevy to me, and he was a weasel for volunteering for the block and then trying to get out of it.

Lastly c'mon.... I want to see more Rubina! She didn't have one speaking role this episode and only appeared as a background player in a few scenes. I want to know more about her.... does she have friends; does she have any kind of alliance...we know nothing about her!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Two thoughts:

1) Cedric is damn pretty to look at but his DRs totally suck. He needs to frigging calm down. He’s not doing a demonstration of an innovative product at some trade show.

2) Angela better be in Season 4 of The Traitors because I am manifesting her exit from that, already-

“You guys…you all broke my heart…especially YOU, Felicia!…well, let me clarify that, you made me cray-cray and THEN you broke my heart! You want to know who I was? What I was? Well, I’ll tell you all right here and right now…I WAS A….FAITHFUL, YOU GUYS!”  And Angela rolls her eyes and lets out one more sharp exhale of breath as she shuffles off down the hallway and off the show.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

My feelings on the whole drama nonsense. Angela can tell me in the Diary Room after the fact all she wants that she was telling Quinn “that’s the group” she wants to work with. Seeing it with my own eyes, I took it as Quinn did, which was “that’s the group” to watch out for. And he was right in that she was presented with a legitimate alliance JUST LAST WEEK, and blew it the fuck up for reasons.

The Cookout is now always going to be a thing in the game that no one wants to really talk about but everyone is thinking about. Which is kind of sad, and somehow turns it all back on the minority houseguests to somehow prove they’re not another Cookout. Which is how T’Kor took it. 

I do not believe at ALL that any racism was involved, and I don’t believe any HGs did either. I liked Angela and T’Kor talking that out. But Angela can miss me with the being “betrayed” by Quinn and that there’s no reason not to trust her. Angela, we all see you! You’re crazy and a hazard to anyone even trying to trust you!!

That being said, I want Lisa and her glitter and BB20 Kaitlyn vibes gone. I can live with Angela’s brand of crazy for another week.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

(First time all season I've forgotten that the show was on and had to download it.  That can't be a good sign.)

It would be nice if BB didn't give Lisa and Angela virtually the exact same script to read for their post-Veto DRs.

It would also be nice if we weren't at this point:

EVERY BLACK PERSON IN THE HOUSE: We should totally work together!  And since we're all black, this will guarantee another black winner.

WHITE PERSON:  Hmm, every single black person together.  I wonder if they're Cooking up an alliance.

BLACK PERSON:  Racist!

(No, Cedric didn't say this…but IMO T'Kor pretty much did.  And boo on Quinn for trying to provoke exactly this.  Isn't he supposed to be in alliance with T'Kor?)

As Katesus7 points out, now there's a burden on black-only alliances to prove they're not going to subvert their individual games for racial benefit.  But conversely, it impinges on non-black players if they can't consider that a black-only alliance may exist.  And here we do have three people solidly aligned and at least willing to work with T'Kor.  Angela may have made verbal mis-steps, but it's not as if she wasn't guessing correctly.  Is she supposed to ignore a fact that's literally in front of her eyes?

(Maybe CBS shouldn't have pushed the original Cookout for their own purposes.  But that battle's years gone already, I admit. Sigh.)

Anyhow, here's hoping Tucker Pooches himself out of the game.  To get rid of that damn hat, if nothing else.

(Chelsie continues to impress by making wisely cautious HoH moves, IMO.  I was asking what good it would do her to make Mak burn her power, and I was pleased to see Chelsie thinking the same way.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

I hope all the people who've made alliances with Quinn start to realize that he's a bit of a snake and they set him up for a fall.  I love all the backbiting and betrayals on BB, but "inferring" that Angela was racist to the rest of the house was too much.  No reason to invent new ways to target Angela as a trouble-maker; she does plenty of that on her own.

Tucker was entertaining last night for the first time this season.  I think the hat is his attempt to channel Jimmy "J.J." Walker, which earns bonus points from me!  Dy-no-mite!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Sweet Kenny K is really Peter Scanavino (ADA Carisi) in disguise.

T'Kor's accent is rather unique but very distracting. It's like she only has a British accent for certain words.

Lisa can "vibe" herself right out the damn door.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Please let the pawn go home. Tucker seems so skeevy to me, and he was a weasel for volunteering for the block and then trying to get out of it.

6 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Anyhow, here's hoping Tucker Pooches himself out of the game.  To get rid of that damn hat, if nothing else.

There's only one thing I love more than when a  too-comfortable HG volunteers to be the pawn, and that's the look on their face when they get voted off!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
Just now, sugarbaker design said:

There's only one thing I love more than when a  too-comfortable HG volunteers to be the pawn, and that's the look on their face when they get voted off!

See also: Dustin from BB8 and Pooch from BB24.

• Like 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Rodney said:

See also: Dustin from BB8 and Pooch from BB24.

Dustin was a classic, I think he's still in a state of shock!  I must've opted out of BB24, I cannot remember anyone called Pooch.

Edited to add:  I just google Pooch, and now I do indeed remember him.

Edited by sugarbaker design
31 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

T'Kor's accent is rather unique but very distracting. It's like she only has a British accent for certain words.

It depends on how long she's been here but she is young enough for her accent to be in a transitional period where she has a little of both accents & switches between the two without her even noticing.

I've lived in the USA for 20 years but being as old as I am my accent has apparently stayed very Welsh sounding because I get asked about it all the time. My sister on the other hand has lived a lot in Scotland as well as Wales since the age of 9 & her accent is a mix of both & can be a little confusing to pin down but sounds 75% Scottish to me.

Who'd have thought that accents were so fascinating.

• Like 4

It seems like the dumb AI gimmick has already fizzled out. There's no actual AI component to the game, it's just more producer driven twists. And the stupid "Ainsley" graphic didn't even introduce the Veto comp.

I don't find Angela entertaining. I feel uncomfortable watching someone who is so mentally fragile and volatile. She should be in therapy and on mood stabilizers, not on a reality show. It's the worst possible place for her.

Tucker reminds me of BB16 Zach.

image.png.8ae8d4b5718ffbcf0fb1dcf52d14d874.png

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Sweet Kenny K is really Peter Scanavino (ADA Carisi) in disguise.

Lisa can "vibe" herself right out the damn door.

I was thinking he was really Assistant Director Walter Skinner from the X-FILES since he looks just like him.

• Like 1

Angela’s “character” is so weirdly fake. It’s like she’s reading her lines whenever she says anything…and is a shitty actress too. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

And he was right in that she was presented with a legitimate alliance JUST LAST WEEK, and blew it the fuck up for reasons.

She had a reason.  She thought it was fake and that it was actually an alliance that was coming after her out of nothing but her own paranoia.

2 hours ago, Maya said:

Angela’s “character” is so weirdly fake. It’s like she’s reading her lines whenever she says anything…and is a shitty actress too. 

She seems to be under the impression that her over-produced sound bites will be quoted forevermore amongst the BB fan community.  

She's the worst kind of reality show personality - one who seems hyper aware that she's being filmed, so everything is a production for her captive audience - the other houseguests, and worst of all - US.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Alright so Angela was right that these four people were working or planning to work together. We have to remember, and Taran has emphasized this a lot, that Angela sees groups of people and thinks they work together all the time. For these particular people she was (accidentally?) right. I don't see why it matters that they are all black... Are the three of them in an alliance planning to pull in the fourth? Yes. So why is anyone mentioning race? Can't a player comment on four people having an alliance if they are black?

Cookout continues to destroy the game we love. I wish cookout had never existed.

• Like 1
On 7/31/2024 at 9:45 PM, North of Eden said:

Defending Angela is a strange position to be in but nonetheless.... she wasn't lying when she said to Quinn and T'Kor that she was pointing out the group as one she wanted to work with.

No. Angela. Didn’t.

Angela may have thought that, but she certainly didn’t say that.  Angela’s exact words to Quinn in the LR on the subject consisted of exactly four short sentences…

1. “Go in the kitchen.”
  2. “Look outside.”
  3. ”Look at the hammock.”
  4. “That’s the group.”

…and that was it.

• Not “That’s the group we should try to work with”.
  • Nor “That’s the group we should watch out for”.

Angela left her reference 100% ambiguous, and in doing so created the situation where Quinn could conceivably make either inference and have equal support from/by Angela’s statement regardless of his choice.

Which necessarily leads to the money question: was Angela’s ambiguity unintentional - or deliberate?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

Why do we (need to) care?

Because if Angela did do that deliberately, then she’s setting up a helluva lot better long game than I would’ve thought her capable of.  😄

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Because if Angela did do that deliberately, then she’s setting up a helluva lot better long game than I would’ve thought her capable of.  😄

Right but that's irrelevant. My question is, why do we need to question someone who suggests that 4 people who happen to be black are working together? Isn't big brother a game where you find the alliances and fight them?

On 8/1/2024 at 2:15 PM, laurakaye said:

She's the worst kind of reality show personality - one who seems hyper aware that she's being filmed, so everything is a production for her captive audience - the other houseguests, and worst of all - US.

I agree!  That “roll the tape back” comment proves your point 

• Like 1