Type keyword(s) to search

S08.13: Excess Baggage

• Start Topic

The fallout from Amanda and Kyle's conversation continues; Lindsay and Carl struggle to get on the same page; West takes Ciara on a dream date.

• Like 1
(edited)

Kyle is a narcissistic little bitch. Why is he crying because Amanda might get another job. It always has to be about him. I hate his mullet so much too.

Danielle needs to just shut up.

Fuck stupid Carl too. He’s such a gaslighting bitch as well. He was being such a little baby about her not driving back with him and taking her luggage. Carl is just an asshole who wants Lindsay to baby him because he can’t seem to handle anything.

Jesse and West were cute. Jesse’s stuff with his mom made me cry.

West and his get his shit together line was such a bunch of bs. He only really wants to bang Ciara and also be abl to bang other ppl. Get my shit together is such a line.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 12

I like West and Ciara  as a couple,  they're  cute. But right now the timing  isn't  right, for either  of them.

I watched  Carl on wwhl, and he looked  like a different  guy, very relaxed. I'm so glad those two didn't  get  married. I don't  think  soft and Lindsey,  are words that go together. 

Kyle will come around,  Amanda  needs to stand her ground, work with Loverboy, and find her passion for something  that's just hers.

Jesse puts on a brave face, but we know he  has to be really  worried. I'm glad he has a friend  in West.

• Like 5

Carl so does not want to get married yet he's too chicken shit to be the bad guy & call it off so he's constantly provoking Lindsey.

Kyle thinks the world revolves around him & dreams and that Amanda should be happy being a supporting player. Thank you Paige for calling his hypocrisy over saying she's so lazy but being scared shitless that he'll have to replace her work.

West just wants to bang Ciara, he doesn't really want to date her. Jesse is a self-admitted fboy. Where are the real men?

Danielle loves to chase after & console the men while criticizing the women. She's always competing for male attention. Someone on Twitter called her & Scheana (VPR) the same type of "pick me" girl and it's true.

Amanda was again on WWHL and she looked amazing. Face fuller and skin flawless, she seemed much happier. 

• Like 12

Oh man, Jesse Solomon. That made me cry. I love his relationship with West. Jesse is very open and vulnerable with him and West was spot on with advice. I think they are my favorite couple this season. 

This season is really shedding a different light on Carl and Lindsay. His gaslighting and passive-aggressiveness are really unattractive. I've largely like Lindsay though, which I thought would never happen. Aside from accusing him of not being sober, she's been pretty good. In hindsight, I think the behavior we are seeing in Carl NOW is what she was talking about when she said she was seeing shades of not sober Carl. That makes more sense to me after seeing this side of him. So now I don't think it's AS terrible as I did before. She's right that it was an indication that something was very wrong, she was just wrong about what that something was.

I have no words for Kyle. He's such a baby. He takes personal offense to everything and makes it all about him. Amanda is a saint for putting up with his crap. I do think he can be fun, kind and sweet but I would not ever want to be married to him. He's far too volatile. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

My completely baseless theory is that Amanda is facilitating the return of Carl to Loverboy as a means to distract Kyle and make her escape.

Escape Loveboy, the marriage, or both I don't quite know.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I've enjoyed this show in the past, but this season is all "watch people being completely miserable" and I'm having a hard time seeing the draw any more.

West is so unbelievably dull.  I was an initial believer, but no longer.  I get being super-careful on the fucking, given shitheel child AUSTEN; but if they can't show them making out, or even let Ciera express some interest or hunger, there's just nothing.  

Kyle being unable to explain how he felt was hilarious.  YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE EXPLANATION IS YOU'RE A SELFISH DOUCHE.

• Like 2

Kyle and Carl are the oldest in the house and act like the biggest fucking babies.

As Amanda was getting out of the pool to console Kyle because he was crying, I was screaming NO! LET HIM FUCKING CRY. He's so ridiculous. And Amanda, you're stuck with him until you leave his ass. Don't have kids, RUN. He is so manipulative. He didn't even express any apologies got his behavior or calling his wife a bitch on TV.

I'm glad that Lindsay isn't reacting the way that Carl expects, because he doesn't know what to do and is spiraling. He spent thousands to overcome the trauma from working at Loverboy. But now wants to go BACK, and doesn't expect Lindsay to express concern? 

Carl and Kyle should just be a couple. 

Meanwhile, you have Jesse crying over REAL issues and problems.  Bravo sucks makes us having to wait to see what happened. 

I was listening to Watch What Crappens and they said that there was a Reddit thread that refers to what was said on screen versus what was actually said. I had a feeling after he met with his aunt and she mentioned that he was the football stud in high school (and college too maybe?), that he's just a little better at not coming across as a fuckboy than someone like Jesse or Ciara. I also didn't like how West cut off Jesse when they were talking in the aftershow.

At least the women are getting along, I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 7
(edited)

Lindsey finally realized that Carl doesn't want to get married.

Carl was passive aggressive (calling Lindsey a drunk in every earlier episode is an example) in order to anger her, and use it against her. He did it again by being angry at her for not returning to New York with him (he wouldn't be alone for too long- they live together anyway), and by not taking her luggage in his car! It's possible he did it to force her to call off the wedding, so he wouldn't have to do it himself. He is a gaslighter, and a coward.

Poor Jesse. I hope he is cancer free despite his doctor finding a lump.

West is not ready to commit to anything. 

Kyle acted like a child again. I'm tired of him- imagine how much his wife is.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I agree the timing is not right for West and Ciera at all.  She just signed up to be a model that will take her out of country and West...........er what does he do?  I thought he was a good guy but not it appears he just wants to bang Ciera.

He and Jesse have flipped places.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

This was a pretty miserable episode.

Kyle's crying and fit throwing seemed completely fake to me. 

Ciara is too mature for West.  I think she's shown more of herself this season and I like her even more for it.  

Not usually a fan of Paige's "fashion" but she looked incredible in her white bikini and cover-up. 

• Like 8
(edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 3:15 AM, dancingdreamer said:

Kyle will come around,  Amanda  needs to stand her ground, work with Loverboy, and find her passion for something  that's just hers.

Amanda needs to leave Kyle. She'll never be happy if she doesn't.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Amanda needs to leave Kyle. She'll never be happy if she doesn't.

Or, he needs to give up drinking. I don't  mind them as a couple,  but I'm often wrong.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2024 at 6:15 PM, IntrovertRed said:

As Amanda was getting out of the pool to console Kyle because he was crying, I was screaming NO! LET HIM FUCKING CRY. He's so ridiculous. And Amanda, you're stuck with him until you leave his ass. Don't have kids, RUN. He is so manipulative. He didn't even express any apologies got his behavior or calling his wife a bitch on TV.

Can you imagine if they ever had kids? He would probably be the type of man who would get jealous and pouty if she was paying more attention to the kids. She really does need to get out!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 5/16/2024 at 6:38 PM, politichick said:

Carl is such a fucking weasel!!! And Krybaby Kyle? Oy!

I know this word is overused and annoying BUT I truly think Carl is "gas lighting" Lindsay because he knows he wants out of the marriage so he is bringing up any negative discussions from the past to revisit, even though Lindsay thought those issues had been addressed.

On 5/22/2024 at 3:04 PM, dancingdreamer said:

Or, he needs to give up drinking. I don't  mind them as a couple,  but I'm often wrong.

I believe they truly do love each other and are a good combination IF Kyle didn't drink (and realizes not everything is about Lover boy for Amanda).

But then again we do not know what is said and done behind closed doors. He's always implied that she doesn't help him enough, is lazy etc, yet when she talks, it sounds like she does a lot for the company That she is not credited for. I have no idea what's real.

• Like 2
On 5/18/2024 at 11:39 AM, ZettaK said:

Exactly!

Aww, this breaks my heart. I thought he was a regular 'guy' and he appeared honest/straight forward. I'm so glad I do not have to experience dating in the 21st century. I'd feel naive, unnerved (and used) for believing my potential dates would be upfront and honest, like me, but learning this is a F**kB*y act.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

But then again we do not know what is said and done behind closed doors. He's always implied that she doesn't help him enough, is lazy etc, yet when she talks, it sounds like she does a lot for the company That she is not credited for. I have no idea what's real.

He wants to have this both ways; he NEEDS everything.  Amanda is "lazy and doesn't help enough," YET...when she'd like to do something more in line with her talents and interests, Kyle NEEDS her--can't lose a moment of her time, so much he drives himself to tears.  Was he the Golden Boy growing up, whose parents doted on every breath he took?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2024 at 9:05 PM, ZettaK said:

Carl was passive aggressive (calling Lindsey a drunk in every earlier episode is an example) in order to anger her, and use it against her. He did it again by being angry at her for not returning to New York with him (he wouldn't be alone for too long- they live together anyway), and by not taking her luggage in his car! It's possible he did it to force her to call off the wedding, so he wouldn't have to do it himself. He is a gaslighter, and a coward.

Carl's lucky to get a word in to call "Lindsey a drunk in every...episode." My opinion is completely the opposite to the post above on almost every point.  Lindsey (so much more than a "strong personality") seems to abuse those closest to her...and always makes sure she tells "her side" of every "fight" to the girls--immediately.  After being in an abusive non-marriage relationship, so many survivors marry someone new very quickly.  Wonder what will happen on this soap opera.

On 5/17/2024 at 5:00 AM, snarts said:

Danielle loves to chase after & console the men while criticizing the women. She's always competing for male attention. Someone on Twitter called her & Scheana (VPR) the same type of "pick me" girl and it's true.

I almost turned off tonight's episode 2-3 minutes after it started.  Danielle, Danielle, Danielle.  I've never liked her and she doesn't add anything to the show. She seems to be an Andy Cohen favorite. Looks like she's becoming a more important "regular"; might make it easier for me to quit altogether.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Carl's lucky to get a word in to call "Lindsey a drunk in every...episode." My opinion is completely the opposite to the post above on almost every point.  Lindsey (so much more than a "strong personality") seems to abuse those closest to her...and always makes sure she tells "her side" of every "fight" to the girls--immediately.  After being in an abusive non-marriage relationship, so many survivors marry someone new very quickly.  Wonder what will happen on this soap opera.

Specifically, every 'argument' has to be about her and how it affects her.  Carl called it out in the last two episodes.  She is too narcissistic to look past her own nose and see what she's doing and saying and how it all damages Carl.   She cannot give him what he wants or needs.  They are not a good match.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Was he the Golden Boy growing up, whose parents doted on every breath he took?

Absolutely, guaranteed! Kyle embodies the favored male child who everyone dotes on. I think Kyle has always gotten his way because of the tantrums he throws, and the crying he does to manipulate women. Kyle sees Amanda as an extension of him and his ego, not as an independent person with her own thoughts and views.

13 hours ago, b2H said:

Specifically, every 'argument' has to be about her and how it affects her.  Carl called it out in the last two episodes.  She is too narcissistic to look past her own nose and see what she's doing and saying and how it all damages Carl.   She cannot give him what he wants or needs.  They are not a good match.

Great observation. I find it amusing that they both pick at emotional characteristics they dislike in each other, despite the fact that they, too, embody the exact same traits.

• Like 1
On 5/24/2024 at 2:46 AM, Back Atcha said:

I didn't say that Lindsey is a great person. She is not. But Carl who is immature and aimless at almost 40 gaslit her because he didn't have the nerve to say he changed his mind about the wedding and marriage.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 5/25/2024 at 4:47 AM, ZettaK said:

Carl who is immature and aimless at almost 40 gaslit her because he didn't have the nerve to say he changed his mind about the wedding and marriage.

I agree with this totally. I also don't think Lindsey's concerns are out of line. Carl wants to be coddled and she's not that person. Her concerns about his lack of job/ambition are completely valid. If I am going to marry and have children with someone, I would want to know that he had a job at the very least. He doesn't even really seem to have a plan, he just changes his mind about what he wants to do with his life, which is fine, it happens all the time. The difference is that most people wanting to make a career change have jobs that aren't fulfilling. Carl has no job outside this show. You first need to have a career before you can make a career change. Lindsey had her own PR firm, she could easily jump back into that if the show ended tomorrow. For Carl though, he is planning on hitching his wagon to a struggling company, is not getting paid very much for it, and negotiates or never hammers out the important details, which is why he and Kyle had their problems last season. 

• Like 3
On 5/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, Chalby said:

I know this word is overused and annoying BUT I truly think Carl is "gas lighting" Lindsay because he knows he wants out of the marriage so he is bringing up any negative discussions from the past to revisit, even though Lindsay thought those issues had been addressed.

I agree with this.  I think this is the only way Carl can see his way out of marrying her.  

And Lindsey, well I have never really liked her.  She is awful and did not like or want Carl working with Kyle.  It was her resistance that Carl picked up on and realized it would never change.  

And Lindsey is the one that made Kyle a "Flower Boy".  What a slap in the face.

• Like 1