Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E07: Sausage Race

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry Michelle, soigne doesn't mean what you think it does.  (Sorry, don't know how to the accent.)

Edited by Ancaster
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, AriAu said:

The challenge was pretty straightforward so they cooked consistently good food. However, I am not sure why this needed to be a team challenge giving immunity to the the winning team-why not the 5 winners of the head to head are safe and the other 5 go to elimination??

They needed a way to use the flags. LOL. Seriously though, having teams made sense for how they voted, and allowed for teamwork in deciding which meat to use, and also provided a handful of sous chefs motivated to help them win.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, caitmcg said:
3 hours ago, AriAu said:

I am not sure why this needed to be a team challenge giving immunity to the the winning team-why not the 5 winners of the head to head are safe and the other 5 go to elimination?

There was no immunity; in fact, Kristen announced during the QF that immunity is off the table for the rest of the season.

I believe what AriAu meant was that no one on the team with the most votes were up for elimination for THIS challenge, even though 2 of those contestants lost in their head-to-head battles, and that all 5 losers of the head-to-head battles should have been up for elimination regardless of which team they were on.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, caitmcg said:

There was no immunity; in fact, Kristen announced during the QF that immunity is off the table for the rest of the season.

Yes, but there was immunity during this event. Danny had it.

• Like 1
(edited)

I  believe what AriAu meant was that no one on the team with the most votes were up for elimination for THIS challenge, even though 2 of those contestants lost in their head-to-head battles, and that all 5 losers of the head-to-head battles should have been up for elimination regardless of which team they were on.

This was what I meant...thank you for saying it more clearly than I did! The losers of the head-to-heads should have been up for elimination regardless of whether they were blue or yellow.....the colors of the Brew Crew by the way.

And, before anyone asks I am not a Milwaukee or eve Wisconsin native, but I did marry one and get to spend a lot of time in the lovely city......and  at Kopps for custard

Edited by AriAu
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, caitmcg said:

There was no immunity; in fact, Kristen announced during the QF that immunity is off the table

That's not what @AriAu meant; he/she meant that anyone on the winning team was safe, even if they lost their round.

• Like 1
On 5/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, dleighg said:

I guess we are officially done with being afraid of covid. Savanah/Laura (I can't tell them apart) testing one of the booze bottles by mouth, and Kevin double dipping in the blender.... 

It was Laura because I said to my daughter What the Hell is she doing NOW! I mean who does that? did she take that bottle? did she put it back? did everyone -taste- their booze that way? Yuck.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, Lassus said:

Sure!  I guess I wouldn't get why if chorizo's OK as opposed to Mexican sausage, but there ya go.

There are people that call everything a brat !!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, paramitch said:

I don't know if y'all have seen this, but it's interesting. Chef Victoria Blamey, a former boss of Danny's from the restaurant Mena, is claiming he stole one of her recipes for his recent Elimination Challenge win:

Shouldn't this post be in the Chaos thread? It doesn't really have anything to do with the Sausage Race. Or the Top Chef in the Media thread?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Shouldn't this post be in the Chaos thread? It doesn't really have anything to do with the Sausage Race. Or the Top Chef in the Media thread?

I moved it -- thanks and apologies!

• Love 1

When I saw the kielbasa/polish sausage, I remembered the ep of MasterChef AU where chef/judge Gary (and maybe Matt, too) nearly passed out from the horror of having to try a dish made with "kranksy."  My wife and I, both Midwesterners, were all confused, wondering what in the world a kransky was and why it was so horrid. Turns out it was a plain old innocent little kielbasa, which had us both laughing our heads off. Blood sausage it is isn't, gentlemen. 

Big sausage fan here and I simply must have a Korean corn dog now. Must. Find. *Gordon Ramsey voice* URGENTLY!  

Speaking of that dish and Masterchef AU....what is with pro golf being such an apparent breeding ground for golfers with big chef dreams? Soo is the third contestant I've seen who apparently decided to turn in the irons for a shot at chef whites. I mean, OK, 3 out of thousands is hardly a trend, but still.....have noticed. 

I was surprised that one of the rules wasn't to elevate a dish by making one's own sausage. And I don't mean buying ground chorizo and shaping it and calling it handmade sausage. I really enjoy the challenges on other shows where the contestants have no choice but to grind meat themselves and figure out the spices. Would have been way more interesting than wrapping bacon around a hot dog because...duh! 

If we're doing write in campaigns for new sausages, I'll start penning pleas for Mr. Lapchoing. 

• Like 1

Dan’s languaging is getting more and more dour.  I think his ailment just makes him more tired than the rest and when your body doesn’t feel great well it’s hard to keep any positive state up to persevere.   Just in this episode he said he sucked at quickfires, he should just sit out,  he was just going throw stuff together and hope for the best and then get something on the plate that doesn’t embarrass himself in front of voltaggio.  Pretty defeatist like a tired person.  I think he’s done well all things considered.  Let’s see some energy!!

love KK’s tracksuit!

• Like 2

It was a cute challenge even though the Mexican sausage costume made me a little uncomfortable. But it's always nice when Tom is happy at the caliber of the food. That way everyone can enjoy it!

I don't mind everyone explicitly stating what their individual budgets should be. Seems like a solid plan for every team challenge. I will miss the power bottom camaraderie. I'm also glad Manny finally got it together again. I'm still rooting for you, dude!

Unsure who really is going to take the lead, but Amanda actually is coming out as a strong candidate. Right now, I'm feeling like it'll be her, Danny, and Soo, with Laura as the dark horse. We shall see!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rai said:

Unsure who really is going to take the lead, but Amanda actually is coming out as a strong candidate. Right now, I'm feeling like it'll be her, Danny, and Soo, with Laura as the dark horse. We shall see!

You're forgetting Michelle.

I think the dark horse is Savannah. She has remained mostly under the radar, but has made several good dishes over the past few episodes. I think she may be hitting her stride.

• Like 8

yeah, I'm not fond of Amanda. She seems kind of sour. I like Michelle, and I agree that Savannah is a dark horse.

• Like 1

Amanda seems dry, not sour, to me. But more than that, she seems like a really good cook. It's not top bubbly personality.

I love Michelle and if she came out on top, that'd be great. But her momentum is pretty choppy.

• Like 3
(edited)

I personally like what I've seen of most of her food, and it seems to do better than expected. You don't have to root for her! I will, though. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Rai
  • Like 4
On 5/2/2024 at 6:54 AM, Heathrowe said:

Maybe someone “owns” kielbasa as a brand it tm’d it?

Being of Polish decent, Kielbasa is the Polish word for sausage.

• Applause 1
On 5/3/2024 at 11:29 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

There are people that call everything a brat !!!

Okay, I've been reading this thread, wanting to ask a sausage-related question, yet afraid to appear uninformed. Yet, your comment has inspired me to ask:  What is the difference between a bratwurst and a brat?  When I go up to visit family in Minnesota, they ask if I would like a  brat.  I say, not really, thinking "bratwurst."  It turns out to be a hot dog (frankfurter, Weiner, etc).  I'm sure one of you could clear this up for me.  Thanks~!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

When I go up to visit family in Minnesota, they ask if I would like a  brat.  I say, not really, thinking "bratwurst."  It turns out to be a hot dog (frankfurter, Weiner, etc).  I'm sure one of you could clear this up for me.  Thanks~!

A brat is a bratwurst.  I think it might be a weird thing your family does.