Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E09: Prime Cut

• Start Topic

I love that they have Delilah in an appropriate wheelchair. You always see characters (whose actors aren't paralyzed and using their own chairs) in those horrible, inaccurate hospital wheelchairs, so I really like that attention to detail.

• Like 6

Last night I realized that the actress who plays Delilah is the actress who plays Sheldon’s assistant who has a crush on Leonard on TBBT. That episode was on TBS just before NCIS….

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1

Who decided Delilah was in need of a personality transplant??? First we had the weird subplot about Tim's facial hair and now this? I mean, she worked for the DoD and is now teaching cryptology and her husband still works for a government agency - so getting their faces (and their kids faces) on tv plus info where they live seems such a great idea. 

Delilah was introduced as a smart and fierce woman. And now she's turning into a wife that nags her husband so bad about kitchen appliances that his boss feels compelled to offer him his couch??? WTF?!?

But if the McGees were so desperate for that free kitchen remodeling that any safety concerns were tossed to the wind - why did they not bring the killer (pun intended) argument for the show's producers? Remodel a kitchen in an apartment where four people have been killed (and three of them had their remains hidden away under the floorboards). No reality show could resist!

I guess there was an A-plot but I don't care this whole kitchen thing annoyed me for good.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

As soon as the suspect pulled a gun and shot the guy, you’d think that would be it and the agents would have shot back. But then we wouldn’t have the horse whisperer have his chase….

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

As soon as the suspect pulled a gun and shot the guy, you’d think that would be it and the agents would have shot back. But then we wouldn’t have the horse whisperer have his chase….

I think there were too many civilians around for them to get a clear shot. 

• Like 2

The more body parts the better!  What is it about this show, that they enjoy showing body parts, especially when the body is hacked up, like this episode or "The Meat Puzzle" or a stray limb or two found in the trash. 

I can understand for plot purposes why they need to explain that the victim has been hacked up, but what pleasure do they think we get the audience gets when they keep showing us shots of the cut up body parts?  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, buckboard said:

I can understand for plot purposes why they need to explain that the victim has been hacked up, but what pleasure do they think we get the audience gets when they keep showing us shots of the cut up body parts?  

When I was checking out NCIS on Netflix, it had a warning for "gore".

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Is this show for real? Why did Parker yell "CALMM DOWN!" at the overheated slaughterhouse guy? So jarring and comedic.

No wonder his head got slammed against the table, then his mid-60s ass got flung across it. In the promo for next week, even more grievous hurt for him.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Who decided Delilah was in need of a personality transplant??? First we had the weird subplot about Tim's facial hair and now this? I mean, she worked for the DoD and is now teaching cryptology and her husband still works for a government agency - so getting their faces (and their kids faces) on tv plus info where they live seems such a great idea. 

Delilah was introduced as a smart and fierce woman. And now she's turning into a wife that nags her husband so bad about kitchen appliances that his boss feels compelled to offer him his couch??? WTF?!?

But if the McGees were so desperate for that free kitchen remodeling that any safety concerns were tossed to the wind - why did they not bring the killer (pun intended) argument for the show's producers? Remodel a kitchen in an apartment where four people have been killed (and three of them had their remains hidden away under the floorboards). No reality show could resist!

I guess there was an A-plot but I don't care this whole kitchen thing annoyed me for good.

This! Thank you!

Also, got to agree with Parker, I've known not one, not two, but three couples who've gotten divorced after a remodel.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mammaM said:

Also, got to agree with Parker, I've known not one, not two, but three couples who've gotten divorced after a remodel.

I know of one couple who got divorced because the wife ran off with the contractor hired to remodel the kitchen. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 10:12 AM, Grizzly said:

Happy to have a Delilah appearance but that was not a good subplot.

I agree but I thought Delilah acted way too silly / giddy in almost all of her scenes.  Too OTT.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, laredhead said:

I know of one couple who got divorced because the wife ran off with the contractor hired to remodel the kitchen. 

Harsh! 

Someone I know who survived a remodel used to tell people: "three things 1) it'll cost twice as much as estimate and 2)it'll take twice as long, so 3) move in with sibling for two weeks (sibling didn't agree)😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, mammaM said:

One almost did us in! We were without a kitchen for a while and we were sleeping on a sofa bed. AND it was right after we got married. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2024 at 5:15 PM, chitowngirl said:

One almost did us in! We were without a kitchen for a while and we were sleeping on a sofa bed. AND it was right after we got married. 

We moved our fridge into the living room, along with a crock pot and the microwave. And our propane grill outside has a side burner, that we were able to cook on. Somehow we made it, marriage intact, with 2 kids, for the 8 weeks of the kitchen reno. And sooo worth it!  But unlike TIm and Delilah, whose kitchen was only 8 years old without having any updates, ours was 20!

• Like 2

Have to say it...Torres and Knight had more chemistry in that one scene leaving the ranch, than Knight and Jimmy have had in all their interactions combined. In fact, when Jimmy came to the crime scene and said the thing about doing amateur beekeeping, and then Knight added something about it being a problem, I said to myself, "How the heck does she know that?", because I forgot that they were a couple! I like the character of Jimmy, but I wish they would just let the couple come to an end, on his decision that they are better off as friends.

On 4/30/2024 at 5:00 PM, MissLucas said:

They seemed to have done the same with Jimmy this episode, reverting to the way they used to present him, as primarily a good-natured quirky offbeat slightly scatterbrained man-child, rather than the very competent, emotionally mature, fully grown man that he is.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 9:45 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Have to say it...Torres and Knight had more chemistry in that one scene leaving the ranch, than Knight and Jimmy have had in all their interactions combined. In fact, when Jimmy came to the crime scene and said the thing about doing amateur beekeeping, and then Knight added something about it being a problem, I said to myself, "How the heck does she know that?", because I forgot that they were a couple! I like the character of Jimmy, but I wish they would just let the couple come to an end, on his decision that they are better off as friends.

Yep!  I've always thought that Torres and Knight had better chemistry.  I think maybe the writers wanted to have the nerdy dude with the hot chick.  I think they will eventually stay friends.  I think the writers are having fun with this but will eventually change their direction.

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 1

The entire episode was over the top goofy.  Knight’s Texas worship, her black hat, Torres’s jump the shark horse whisperer routine, and then non Delilah Delilah.

• Like 2