Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Camden

• Start Topic

Colter tracks down a dockworker who went missing two weeks before his wedding following a confrontation with his past, on the CBS Original series TRACKER, Sunday, April 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Note special earlier time

• Useful 1
(edited)

So, it's Camden, Maine. 
Not Camden, NJ, heh.

Yeah, I didn't think there were any docks in Camden NJ:

Colter tracks down a dockworker who went missing two weeks before his wedding following a confrontation with his past.

but I only lived there when I was ages 7-9.
I think I'm done with this show. 
I keep watching for the scenery, but it's all Vancouver all the time, which is fine, but not what they're selling.

Gas mask = fentanyl

Oops. They just made Tracker Ryan stupid (telling Sully to pick up a loaded gun).🤯

Sully comes out smelling like a rose. IRL he would've been suss, and that wedding would've been toast.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

They clearly have decided they need Colter to kick or otherwise throw his body against a door to force it open at least once an episode. I was surprised that The Big Bad didn't hear him do it at the warehouse, though, this time.

• Like 1

Twitter was filled with rage tweets from people who tuned into see Billy Joel at MSG and got “boring procedural, WTF is this lame sh*t, another CBS bore-fest” and those asking why CBS couldn’t have just put in a half-hour comedy and started Billy on time because who cared about this run-of-the-mill show. 

I mention this because that last half hour was all I saw and it wasn’t good. At all. Predictable. Very low energy. Justin looked uncomfortable.

And also, the concert went so long that CBS Chicago cut away during Piano Man at 10:30 for the news. Ack! No Just the Way You Are. 😡🤬

• Hugs 1
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Sully comes out smelling like a rose.

Plot twist: Sweet couple Sully and Daniela breathe a sigh of relief after everyone has left, and Sully says "Now we can get back to the money laundering scheme that the dope smuggling was covering up."

I am always amused that during these type of shows, a totally unknown person walks up to someone else, doesn't identify themself, and proceeds to ask all manner of questions which are readily answered.  Especially "Where were you last night?"  To which the majority of people would answer something like "I was hanging around the corner of Piss Off and Go Away."

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

This was definitely my least favorite episode - I just didn't find it that interesting Quite a bit seemed rather ridiculous - like none of the criminals so him at the boat yard or the whole warehouse scene.  

I didn't think it made any sense for him to travel all the way to Maine for $10,000.  It probably cost a thousand just to get that humongous truck and trailer to Maine and back.

• Like 5

what a weak episode, the plot was meh and not plausible. Worst episode so far

The cold open was bizarre and totally unnecessary

1 hour ago, abbyzenn said:

I didn't think it made any sense for him to travel all the way to Maine for $10,000.  It probably cost a thousand just to get that humongous truck and trailer to Maine and back.

I was thinking the same thing, 10 g's isn't nearly enough and he has to split the reward with the handlers and pay Bobby, so he was risking his life for like a 2K profit, unless his previous case was in that area.

• Like 1

How about not preserving an accident/crime scene before the arrival of CSI? Cop on the scene allows arriving strangers access to the crashed vehicle. That is not S.O.P.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

Why would Sheriff Miller (an experienced cop) let these people contaminate the crime scene before it’s processed by the forensics?

Plot wise, Tracker has started to become repetitive, predictable and mundane. They need to spice it up.

🥱😵😴

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Why would Sheriff Miller (an experienced cop) let these people contaminate the crime scene before it’s processed by the forensics?

Plot wise, Tracker has started to become repetitive, predictable and mundane. They need to spice it up.

🥱😵😴

Guess I'm not the only one who noticed this misstep.

• Like 2

Apparently Sheriff Miller is a fan of Murder She Wrote.

• Wink 1

Anyone have an idea what happened to the blonde cafe owner, the one that Colter followed?  Didn't she know what those dudes were up to?  She's an accessory to murder and all the dirty deeds they did!

🥱😵😴

This show is what it is.  They could have those ladies that help Colter get kidnapped and have Colter find them the old fashion way...by investigation!

The show is good the way it is.  The writers just need to tighten things up like...

.  Don't have Colter give a loaded gun to anyone.

.  Don't have the crime scene contaminated by Colter or anyone else that shouldn't be there.  Do research!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

Anyone have an idea what happened to the blonde cafe owner, the one that Colter followed?  Didn't she know what those dudes were up to?  She's an accessory to murder and all the dirty deeds they did!

If they showed her getting arrested, I missed it.
Anyone else?
Maybe she and Coulter will hook up in a later episode? (Just kidding. Sort of.)

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, preeya said:

Guess I'm not the only one who noticed this misstep.

They think we won't notice because this creature can be very distracting, for some. 😆

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

They could have those ladies that help Colter get kidnapped and have Colter find them the old fashion way...by investigation!

Does anyone know who "those ladies" actually are? Are they related or business associates? When the show first started I thought one of them was Colter's sister.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, preeya said:

How about not preserving an accident/crime scene before the arrival of CSI? Cop on the scene allows arriving strangers access to the crashed vehicle. That is not S.O.P.

It’s like the people on this show don’t watch any other CBS shows. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

So Camden, but Maine; okay you got me, show.

So this one we had CSI/Equalizer Colter, because we're back to murders after that one-episode break. It's just disappointing that this is stuck in the CBS formula, I was hoping for more.

I've got pretty much the same complaints that everyone else already mentioned; but I'll add -- did the father of the bride actually stuff an envelope with cash to pay Colter??

4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

They think we won't notice because this creature can be very distracting, for some. 😆

spacer.png

I mean -- if they had more of this, maybe I could overlook some issues  with the show... 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

All the characters are too young to watch CBS.

You've forgotten Tedi and Velma! 
No wonder they're always shaking their heads at their phones when talking to Carter. He has never attended the School of Law & Order either.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

🥱😵😴

Forensics, for a missing person? Do you think his county is made of money.

• Wink 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

I've got pretty much the same complaints that everyone else already mentioned; but I'll add -- did the father of the bride actually stuff an envelope with cash to pay Colter??

Colter accepts any form of payment. In the first episode he says he takes cash, cheque, or Venmo, and ends up being paid by Visa, and then last episode his hacker buddy was planning to pay in bitcoin.

1 hour ago, incandescent said:

Colter accepts any form of payment. In the first episode he says he takes cash, cheque, or Venmo, and ends up being paid by Visa, and then last episode his hacker buddy was planning to pay in bitcoin.

Cool. Not what I was nitpicking about, though. Does the dad not know how to write a check?

I don't think it's unusual at all to make large purchases or payment in cash, especially when they run a business that probably already deals in cash money like a small town cafe.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, incandescent said:

I don't think it's unusual at all to make large purchases or payment in cash, especially when they run a business that probably already deals in cash money like a small town cafe.

Or he was getting cash together for a ransom?

• Like 1
On 4/15/2024 at 8:03 PM, preeya said:

Does anyone know who "those ladies" actually are? Are they related or business associates? When the show first started I thought one of them was Colter's sister.

At the very least, they are a married couple and have a business together, but I don't think we know much more about why they are working with Colter. The below article when they were cast gives some background on them

https://deadline.com/2022/09/robin-weigert-abby-mcenany-amp-eric-graise-cast-cbs-drama-pilot-the-never-game-1235131391/

On 4/14/2024 at 9:00 PM, shapeshifter said:

So, it's Camden, Maine. 
Not Camden, NJ, heh.

Yeah, I didn't think there were any docks in Camden NJ:

I saw this thread title before watching the episode and was like oh, cool Jersey...nope.

This one was OK, I didn't like it as much as last week's.  As much as I enjoy weekly procedurals the weekly reward isn't a great hook for me.

• Hugs 1