Type keyword(s) to search

S11. E10: Line In The Sand

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Her relationship to Daniel was serious if she claimed she would have children with him that early.  

The story of Ariana stating that Daniel had "opened [her] eyes" about possibly having children was her talking in February 2024, not summer 2023.

• Like 1
(edited)

Poor Mya! Why did Sandoval need to put the dog in the bedroom in the first place? I can’t get past Ariana leaving food containers on her night stand.

I thought Ann was very disrespectful to act all giddy for Ariana when she works for Tom. 

Did Schwartz cheat on Katie a lot? The way she talks, it’s as though he did her dirty a lot. The earlier seasons I’ve watched, I’ve seen her complaining a lot about him. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 3

As I understand it, the dog slipped into the room without Sandoval noticing, then shut the door when he left. 

I think there's something very wrong with Anne. 

I seem to recall Schwartz drunkenly "making out" several times. In this ep, it sounded like he said he does it after Katie nags him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2024 at 10:30 AM, JenE4 said:

but didn’t Schwartz claim to be pre-med in college?!

I'm sure he must be mistaken? Lol.

• LOL 4
40 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

As I understand it, the dog slipped into the room without Sandoval noticing, then he shut the door when he left. 

I think there's something very wrong with Anne. 

I seem to recall Schwartz drunkenly "making out" several times. In this ep, it sounded like he said he does it after Katie nags him.

It’s kind of strange to not realize that you haven’t seen, or heard, Mya in a while. I wonder how long Sandoval and/or Ann were in the house while Mya was trapped in Ariana’s bedroom. 

Ann ALWAYS has that nervous smile on her face. When this season first began, she posted photos of herself in a cheerleading outfit, forming a heart shape with her hands, and declaring that she was Team Ariana. That strikes me as peculiar. 

I also don’t think she behaved very professionally. Not many people like Sandoval, but if he hires you to be his assistant, you shouldn’t publicly disrespect your boss like this. You should line up another job (with someone who is not Ariana), then resign. Future employers will then be less likely to question your work ethic or integrity.

She should feel free to work for Ariana after she takes those steps.

I do agree that Schwartz has a history of acting out whenever he’s resentful of Katie. I don’t think he has much of a sex drive, but he WANTS to disrespect and embarrass her. So he kisses other women. It’s a less extreme version of what Sandoval does.

• Like 7
On 4/4/2024 at 8:49 AM, Lassus said:

I know we all have our things; but of all the things to judge someone morally on, I simply cannot rank a 1-cat, once-a-week litterbox scoop that high on the terrible scale. 

Granted, I have three cats and it's constant.  Allow me to say when it was one cat?  It definitely wasn't.

No- not scooping the cat litter affects the cat, negatively.  That’s unkind to the cat.  Sandoval not changing his underwear (which seems kind of made up) only affects himself.

18 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Neon green is a trendy color. And Katie had a lot of nerve criticizing Schwartz's sweater when she was wearing a long t-shirt with a bra and panty print. 

Her outfit was horrid!  But she seemed to think it was amazing!  Which is concerning.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

No- not scooping the cat litter affects the cat, negatively.  That’s unkind to the cat. 

Agree. While the litter box is a daily task, I don't categorize it as the same as doing the dishes or getting the mail or whatever. And I don’t fault anyone for being unable to do it, but I would hope that, in that case, they find a way to make sure it gets done somehow. 

But, yes, OK, I do get that a one-cat home may not be as “urgent” litter-boxwise. Even so, I don’t see why someone wouldn’t want to take the time to do it daily for their cat

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

No- not scooping the cat litter affects the cat, negatively.  That’s unkind to the cat.  Sandoval not changing his underwear (which seems kind of made up) only affects himself.

Her outfit was horrid!  But she seemed to think it was amazing!  Which is concerning.

Tom works out a lot and focused on how he looks. I find it hard to believe that he wears the same unders for days in a row. Ariana on the other hand leaves food containers out and doesn’t change the litter box enough. That house must smell awful.

Katies outfit was terrible! She’s so critical of Schwartz yet she walks around miserable all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Tom works out a lot and focused on how he looks. I find it hard to believe that he wears the same unders for days in a row. Ariana on the other hand leaves food containers out and doesn’t change the litter box enough. That house must smell awful.

Katies outfit was terrible! She’s so critical of Schwartz yet she walks around miserable all the time. 

Right, and the way she said it just seemed like BS.  Maybe during the pandemic he wore one outfit into the next day.. and who among us didn’t do that?  🤣

Katie’s long jean jacket alone was awful!  Add in the weird t-shirt dress (?) and oof!  She tries to dress edgy I guess but it comes off like she doesn’t own a mirror.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I generally am suspicious of anything Sandoval or Arianna have to say about each other, for the obvious reasons.

46 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Katie’s long jean jacket alone was awful!  Add in the weird t-shirt dress (?) and oof!  She tries to dress edgy I guess but it comes off like she doesn’t own a mirror.

Doesn't Katie have a fashion website called "Frumpy and Frowning"?

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)

So what do you guys predict? I myself still feel compassion for Ariana. But I see here and on Facebook, reddit, etc., that viewers have been souring on her.

If she left VPR, and her only regular gig was host of Love Island, do you think that she’d continue receiving offers for other projects? Do you think she was good enough as Roxie Hart that she will book other Broadway musicals? 

Are they still running her commercials? I saw the Uber One commercial many times, immediately after Scandoval broke. I saw her Bic commercial twice. I haven’t seen anything lately. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
(edited)

@Lassus

Why February 2024? Was it a confessional? Those are filmed from immediately after a scene is filmed to after filming ends. I thought she told Katie about Dan and babies on the show. The season filmed from June to September 2023, and it started airing in January 2024.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So what do you guys predict? I myself still feel compassion for Ariana. But I see here and on Facebook, reddit, etc., that viewers have been souring on her.

If she left VPR, and her only regular gig was host of Love Island, do you think that she’d continue receiving offers for other projects? Do you think she was good enough as Roxie Hart that she will book other Broadway musicals? 

Are they still running her commercials? I saw the Uber One commercial many times, immediately after Scandoval broke. I saw her Bic commercial twice. I haven’t seen anything lately. 

I don’t know if the post Scandoval momentum will continue for Ariana. I think a lot of viewers are tiring of her on the show. I understand her anger towards Tom but she expects the rest of the cast to be as mad at him as she is. I don’t know how talented she is with acting but I do think she’s decent on the show. 

• Like 4

Peacock is showing an extended episode. They show footage of Sandoval emptying the litterbox, “two days earlier.” It was fully-loaded.

So at one point, in the regular episode, they show us Mya, in black & white, in Ariana’s room, on the bed, chewing on something. I think they show it after Ariana has explained how Tom absentmindedly locked Mya in Ariana’s room with chicken satay skewers.

Do you think, if someone in production realizes that Mya is at risk, they are not allowed to intervene?

• Like 1
On 4/5/2024 at 3:02 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I do agree that Schwartz has a history of acting out whenever he’s resentful of Katie. I don’t think he has much of a sex drive, but he WANTS to disrespect and embarrass her. So he kisses other women. It’s a less extreme version of what Sandoval does.

Yeah even when he and Katie were together it was a running theme that they didn't have sex very often. Unusual for people who are younger. I wasn't sure if it was about them as a couple or Tom's love sex drive, but then there would be these incidents of him having drunken makeouts with other women. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2024 at 9:25 PM, b2H said:

They need to get new people for the show.  Ones that aren’t jaded and pushing or past 40.  The interesting part of the show was the interaction at the restaurant.  No one works there anymore.  In fact, most of them just plain don’t work.  Pining for an invite to DWTS and whining about not getting one is not a job.

I am also avoiding The Village because, even in a different setting, these people have no redeeming qualities.

I think you mean The Valley but this made my day, because if you're familiar with The Villages in Florida, it's um, well, rife with potential stories (and weird Florida urban legends). I'd actually watch the real-life soap opera about people who (allegedly) were inspired by Bill O'Reilly and use loofahs as some sort of sex message. 😅 (I know there's a documentary, but thinking of The Villages with the Vanderpump style/format makes me legit LOL.)

But I agree with you - Even years ago when they were younger I had moments of "these people are 30" and now I'm like, "these people are 40" and it's even sadder. It's always kind of been like watching a lost tribe for me. Kind of like Rock of Love, I had no frame of reference of the life these folks led. Their Adderall, brunch-fueled lives, ill advised theme parties, and lack of impulse control (and all the coke, man) was fascinating to me. Now I just see mostly desperate people. If I ever break out in hives it'll probably be out of second-hand embarrassment from watching Scheana and Broke try to act on these eps.

If Sandoval did't have an ego the size of the universe and the show planners had any impulse control themselves, Sandoval should have taken a part-time role where he shows up a few times in dramatic fashion, and actually was accountable without all of his whataboutisms. I really, truly do not wish to hear about all the ways Ariana and Tom are driving each other crazy. Don't care about the cat litter, who leaves takeout containers where, etc. It's just not good TV, man.

But this is a show where people try to squeeze every cent they can get from merchandise with lame quotes about their lawyers. So I don't know why I expect anything less than trash. 😐

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 2:20 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Peacock is showing an extended episode. They show footage of Sandoval emptying the litterbox, “two days earlier.” It was fully-loaded.

So at one point, in the regular episode, they show us Mya, in black & white, in Ariana’s room, on the bed, chewing on something. I think they show it after Ariana has explained how Tom absentmindedly locked Mya in Ariana’s room with chicken satay skewers.

Do you think, if someone in production realizes that Mya is at risk, they are not allowed to intervene?

Production intervened in the case of possible rape on Below Deck Down Under. 

And according to interviews Ann gave Sandoval had nothing to do with the dog being locked in Ariana's bedroom. An A/C repair person went in along Ann when Sandoval was out for errands, that's why it was probably Ann the one who closed the door with Mya still in. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
26 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

And according to interviews Ann gave (posted on another thread), Sandoval had nothing to do with the dog being locked in Ariana's bedroom. An A/C repair person went in along Ann when Sandoval was out for errands, that's why it was probably Ann the one who closed the door with Mya still in. 

Oh! Was part of Ann’s job to care for Mya? As much as Ariana had going on at the time, I wondered if Ariana hired anyone to help with Mya. 
I have two large dogs and the younger one can and will get into stuff if he’s not properly supervised and I keep the counters clean, I don’t leave any trash cans out in the open and I know not to leave any food containers out. Accidents happen but both Tom and Ariana seem careless to me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Stiggs said:

I think you mean The Valley but this made my day, because if you're familiar with The Villages in Florida, it's um, well, rife with potential stories (and weird Florida urban legends).

The Village reminds me of The Prisoner.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 4/6/2024 at 8:22 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel compassion for Ariana because I've been in her shoes regarding being humiliated by a cheating boyfriend, but on the other hand I was never a fan of hers because of how she generally acts - better than everyone, with stories whose veracity I question.  I think she had her "15 minutes" with Scandoval, and good on her for taking advantage of every one of them, but most people I know don't watch Bravo and have no idea who these guys are; I on the other hand have never seen Love Island and without this site I'd never have known she was on it.  Her audience is likely too small if she's not on things like Entertainment Tonight every day for 2 weeks!  And unless she studied musical theater as seriously as she studied comedy, she should be offended on behalf of the musical theater peeps that she thinks she can "just do it" 😄

12 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Oh! Was part of Ann’s job to care for Mya? As much as Ariana had going on at the time, I wondered if Ariana hired anyone to help with Mya. 
I have two large dogs and the younger one can and will get into stuff if he’s not properly supervised and I keep the counters clean, I don’t leave any trash cans out in the open and I know not to leave any food containers out. Accidents happen but both Tom and Ariana seem careless to me. 

Wasn't Ann Tom's assistant?  Sounds like Tom was taking care of the AC problem and had Ann let the guy into Ariana's room, as would be appropriate.  And the dog got in.  My guess is that until something goes wrong she's happy to leave "her children" behind with Tom playing Dog Dad.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t think it’s serious photojournalism like Kevin Carter’s iconic photograph of a starving Sudanese girl, I would hope if the cameramen or producers heard or saw Mya eating something that could kill here they would step in.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And according to interviews Ann gave (posted on another thread), Sandoval had nothing to do with the dog being locked in Ariana's bedroom. An A/C repair person went in along Ann when Sandoval was out for errands, that's why it was probably Ann the one who closed the door with Mya still in. 

I went back and read the article from the media section and I think you might have mixed things up. Ann didn’t say Tom went out to run some errands while the repairman was there. She said Tom sent her (Ann) to run errands while he was there  and that’s the reason she doesn’t know who shut Mya in the room. She wasn’t there when it happened. When she returned she did hear Mya scratching and let her out. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I think you mean The Valley but this made my day, because if you're familiar with The Villages in Florida, it's um, well, rife with potential stories (and weird Florida urban legends). I'd actually watch the real-life soap opera about people who (allegedly) were inspired by Bill O'Reilly and use loofahs as some sort of sex message. 😅 (I know there's a documentary, but thinking of The Villages with the Vanderpump style/format makes me legit LOL.)

But I agree with you - Even years ago when they were younger I had moments of "these people are 30" and now I'm like, "these people are 40" and it's even sadder. It's always kind of been like watching a lost tribe for me. Kind of like Rock of Love, I had no frame of reference of the life these folks led. Their Adderall, brunch-fueled lives, ill advised theme parties, and lack of impulse control (and all the coke, man) was fascinating to me. Now I just see mostly desperate people. If I ever break out in hives it'll probably be out of second-hand embarrassment from watching Scheana and Broke try to act on these eps.

If Sandoval did't have an ego the size of the universe and the show planners had any impulse control themselves, Sandoval should have taken a part-time role where he shows up a few times in dramatic fashion, and actually was accountable without all of his whataboutisms. I really, truly do not wish to hear about all the ways Ariana and Tom are driving each other crazy. Don't care about the cat litter, who leaves takeout containers where, etc. It's just not good TV, man.

But this is a show where people try to squeeze every cent they can get from merchandise with lame quotes about their lawyers. So I don't know why I expect anything less than trash. 😐

Both show demographics have their casts in their 40s.  Still pitiful and sad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 7:49 PM, BluishGreen said:

I think part of the sickness here is that he sometimes does things to fan the anger.

SOMETIMES?  

He must really really hate Ariana for ALL he did.  The cheating for all that time, the times we saw him being weird with Rachel on camera last year.  I hate him.  I can't even stomach Lala and Scheana - they are both such revisionist assholes!  

I'm going to stay on Ariana's side over this issue FOREVER.  Seriously, that man fucked her good friend in her house!  I'm confident he did it in Mexico too.  7 mos long that he admits to.  So he was fucking Ariana's good and trusted friend for 7 mos.  4 mos later (when we pick up filming) is no where near enough for her to be able to stomach seeing his face, let alone hearing his voice, let along having him and Brock talk all this bullshit at the beach.  And you can tell even Shortz is embarrassed.  

I get that they needed to get cameras rolling asap after such a big story, but i'll be happy when the show is utterly done because i'm utterly done with these people.  

Edited by hatchetgirl
Adding info
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
On 4/6/2024 at 8:30 PM, ZettaK said:

Why February 2024? Was it a confessional?

Entertainment stories from an interview that occurred in February 2024.

20 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I can't even stomach Lala and Scheana - they are both such revisionist assholes! 

The fact that Lala paints herself as an innocent victim can barely be stomached.  Anyone can go back and watch her proudly flaunting being Rand's mistress.  Now she denies all that?  Her complete lack of grace to Ariana when Sandoval is around knowing full well how she'd act if someone dragged Rand out is astounding (as many have noted).  

Katie and Schwartz's conversation by the pool hurling fashion insults at each other was cute.  They were suppressing their laughter and that sure is way more fun to watch than all of the fighting. 

I'm team Ariana and it's honestly not so much because I like her but because I hate everyone else so much.  To see Sandoval, Scheana and Lala get absolutely decimated and butt hurt over her success is worth it. 

Sandoval's weird expressions: from flat affect, far off gaze to insane, gap toothed smile are tailor made for Instagram parodies and I am loving it.  The guy is a living, breathing joke.  I feel like many times people have described him as always having held himself as so morally superior to everyone around him and it just makes all of this all the more classic.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/6/2024 at 5:55 PM, Gharlane said:

Doesn't Katie have a fashion website called "Frumpy and Frowning"?

I hear this in the voice of Gil Chesterton saying, “romping with my school chums in the fens and spinneys...”

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, Lassus said:

Entertainment stories from an interview that occurred in February 2024.

Ariana told Lala that she would like to have kids with Daniel on the Season 11, Episode 2 which aired on February 6th, 2024, but filmed in late June, or very early July 2023. From the Bravo website:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/will-ariana-madix-have-kids-with-boyfriend-daniel-wai%3famp

So, only a few months (about three) after she met him. 

• Like 2
On 4/8/2024 at 5:33 AM, glowbug said:

I went back and read the article from the media section and I think you might have mixed things up. Ann didn’t say Tom went out to run some errands while the repairman was there. She said Tom sent her (Ann) to run errands while he was there  and that’s the reason she doesn’t know who shut Mya in the room. She wasn’t there when it happened. When she returned she did hear Mya scratching and let her out. 

Yes, you are right about this specific article. I was reading a couple of different ones on the same subject. I will say that I doubt Sandoval would dare to stay at Ariana's room even for a second though. I suspect someone else closed the door after the repair. 

Ann seemed to be really friendly with Mya on the show. I have no idea if she ever looked after her, but Ariana should have had somebody taking care of her when she was outside the house, or traveled. Sandoval traveled a lot, as well. 

• Like 2

So, only a few months (about three) after she met him. 

Fair and stand corrected, thank you.  Did not realize the story came from the confessional as opposed to another interview in February.

This does not change my opinion that she could think that and still be furious at the person who she wasted all that time with and how it ended.  Her current boy seemed to get it just fine.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ann seemed to be really friendly with Mya on the show. I have no idea if she ever looked after her, but Ariana should have had somebody taking care of her when she was outside the house, or traveled. Sandoval traveled a lot, as well. 

Didn't one of them answer that question about Mya while they're away?

On 4/8/2024 at 4:22 PM, hatchetgirl said:

SOMETIMES?  

He must really really hate Ariana for ALL he did.  The cheating for all that time, the times we saw him being weird with Rachel on camera last year.  I hate him.  I can't even stomach Lala and Scheana - they are both such revisionist assholes!  

I'm going to stay on Ariana's side over this issue FOREVER.  Seriously, that man fucked her good friend in her house!  I'm confident he did it in Mexico too.  7 mos long that he admits to.  So he was fucking Ariana's good and trusted friend for 7 mos.  4 mos later (when we pick up filming) is no where near enough for her to be able to stomach seeing his face, let alone hearing his voice, let along having him and Brock talk all this bullshit at the beach.  And you can tell even Shortz is embarrassed.  

I get that they needed to get cameras rolling asap after such a big story, but i'll be happy when the show is utterly done because i'm utterly done with these people.  

I’m catching up on this season through Peacock, and my biggest issue was, is, and always will be Sandoval’s total inability to genuinely own his own actions. He thinks by shedding a few tears, acting all introspective and nice, he can just slide back into the group as if nothing had happened. Like James said, wouldn’t it have been a hell of a lot easier to break up with Ariana and just get on with it? 

Sandoval has always been a poseur. 

I’m also getting my fill of Brock, and so is Scheana, by the looks of it. 

TBH, though, none of these chucklefucks are looking particularly good this season. 

• Like 2