Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

o

10 minutes ago, christie said:

An acquaintance of mine once told me that we work either for fame or for money.

In the words of Ricky Ricardo, "We've developed a habit over the years. We like to eat" when he was asked why he had a job in show business.

Watson favors Randy a bit with some Cole thrown in.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, snarts said:

If you feel like the kids are so exploited, and the cost to them outweighs the benefits, why then watch, comment, and contribute to the show continuing?

I don't watch the show, but I enjoy discussing the train wreck here. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

o

In the words of Ricky Ricardo, "We've developed a habit over the years. We like to eat" when he was asked why he had a job in show business.

Well, I happen to agree with Ricky Ricardo - I've always worked for money but that's not the case for everyone. I stopped watching this show before Javi appeared but, judging from everything that I've read about him here, money isn't his motivation for being on this show; don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a nice added bonus but he appears to be more interested in the fame. And, although he's no longer on "Teen Mom," I think the same about Simon (who again appeared after I stopped watching).

Edited by christie
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, christie said:

An acquaintance of mine once told me that we work either for fame or for money.

In the words of Tommy Shelby, "We're all whores, we just sell different parts of ourselves". 

The more I think about it, it's really true. We all do things for money. Give our bodies, in different ways. Give our time. Give our sanity. Many parents who aren't reality TV still sometimes sacrifice their children in certain ways due to their careers. 

I think there are some shows out there that are SUPER exploitative of children. Dance Moms is one. I had to quit watching. This show pushes the limits at times, but I don't think Aubree or Watson are very often a pivotal part of Chelsea's scenes, and not in ways that will really harm them down the road. The chicken thing was the closest to being a problem. But mostly Chelsea seems to shelter her kids from a lot of that. 

• Love 13

but I don't think Aubree or Watson are very often a pivotal part of Chelsea's scenes, and not in ways that will really harm them down the road.

I never thought of it that way. You are so right.  Thanks for enlightening me, ghoulina.  The interactions that are shown are just a part of their every day life and what we see is harmless. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, druzy said:

CHEAL.png

cheals.png

OMG I love photos like this where the kids are not being forced to pose. I am old school. I miss the days of photographs being taken of people and kids in a natural state. I love to take photos of my family when they aren't expecting it. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, teapot said:

Literally the best compliment a husband can give his wife!!!

Yes- that’s too adorable. Randy seems like he has a really great disposition. He’s serious when he needs to be but unlike many of the TM/TM2 parents you can see why his kids like hanging out with him (in addition to loving him). He can laugh at himself. 

• Love 10

Watson is adorable.  Even if Adam owes a ton in child support, Aubree has Cole so there's that.  I think Adam sucks and I have thought Chelsea was really sweet from the 16 and Pregnant episode forward.  It was always so sad watching her pine away for Adam, so it's so nice to see her happy with Cole and in what appears to be a happy marriage.  Adam is scary, seems dangerous, and a loser on every level.  Fingers crossed that someday he ends up behind bars for a long period of time so that his daughter can continue with her life and not have to deal with interacting with him on a regular basis. I feel sad for everyone in this situation.  

Edited by Emmierose
Because spelling matters...
  • Love 16
On 2/3/2018 at 10:23 PM, HeySandyStrange said:

Well, to be fair, we judge and make all kinds of assumptions about the other moms as well, sometimes based on hard evidence ( because most of them are trashy and tmi) and sometimes based on educated, but not completely founded, guesses. I get that Chelsea is TM2's "Golden Cow", so to speak, with good reason, as she is the most normal, functional of the lot, but that does not mean she above reproach. Chelsea is nice enough and she has matured a great deal, but she is a ditz and somewhat on the shallow side. I can see where people see her as pushing the fairytale narrative, because it is something she was desperate for way back with Adam because of her ditziness/naivety ect. Considering how hard we can all be on the other moms (myself very much included) I don't see the harm in poking a little at Chelsea. I mean, we haven't called her a cunt, psycho, or junkie yet, so she must be doing pretty good overall:)

This! 

We don't only judge the other girls for child abuse or something. We also make fun of their tweets, outfits, bodies, hair, accents, vacations, food, and home decorations. Chelsea isn't Malala and it's a snark board.

Everyone's opinion is going to be different, but people like Chelsea annoy me with the constant self-absorbed professional photo shoots and the multiple weddings for Instagram and the Pinteresty gatherings. That doesn't make them child abusers or mean that I think they're garbage human beings, it means they annoy me. She also annoyed me by taking like 80 years to finish a GED while sitting around on Daddy's dime. That's all none of my business like everything else on this damn show that I really shouldn't still be watching. But if there's any place to snark on petty stuff, it's definitely here, lol. In fact, sometimes I veer more towards snarking on Chelsea because it's more lighthearted snark, not like "well, here is more domestic abuse that is being filmed," which is the case for most of the others. 

Regardless of whether it's a good decision or not, it is inarguably her continued decision to put her private life on TV. If she wanted to never get public criticism or a bit of a jab every now and then, she & Cole could easily withdraw. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

This! 

We don't only judge the other girls for child abuse or something. We also make fun of their tweets, outfits, bodies, hair, accents, vacations, food, and home decorations. Chelsea isn't Malala and it's a snark board.

Everyone's opinion is going to be different, but people like Chelsea annoy me with the constant self-absorbed professional photo shoots and the multiple weddings for Instagram and the Pinteresty gatherings. That doesn't make them child abusers or mean that I think they're garbage human beings, it means they annoy me. She also annoyed me by taking like 80 years to finish a GED while sitting around on Daddy's dime. That's all none of my business like everything else on this damn show that I really shouldn't still be watching. But if there's any place to snark on petty stuff, it's definitely here, lol. In fact, sometimes I veer more towards snarking on Chelsea because it's more lighthearted snark, not like "well, here is more domestic abuse that is being filmed," which is the case for most of the others. 

Regardless of whether it's a good decision or not, it is inarguably her continued decision to put her private life on TV. If she wanted to never get public criticism or a bit of a jab every now and then, she & Cole could easily withdraw. 

Amen!!! That is exactly how I feel. It's just a laugh to talk about her laziness, baby voice, or the fact Cole always agrees with her. Sometimes when I have a rough day, talking about Kail or Jenelle is just too much. That can get depressing. Chelsea and Leah (when she's posting dumb selfies, not driving high) are fun to laugh at in a lighthearted way. Chelsea is a decent person, but most of us are. In normal society, that is the baseline expectation. The main thing that bothers me about Chelsea is that she does the least she can in life, except in areas where she is naturally talented (hair, makeup, loving her kids and dad). Anything that feels like "work" in any way is a no go for her. I'm interested to see how that works for her in the future. I'm impressed with her disciplined weight loss (first discipline she's ever shown in her life), but I feel that time, her superficiality won out over laziness, especially to look good in a wedding dress. She would never put forth an effort like that for a job, etc. Still, her future is obviously ten times brighter than Jenelle's, no matter what!

as for adam, I am not surprised. I don't loooove Chelsea, but she is a hundred billion times better than him, and is a great mother to Aubree! I can see adam thinking he is put upon and shouldn't have to pay child support because Randy is rich, and he thinks Chelsea got pregnant on purpose. Both of those things maaaaay be true, but 1. He could have worn a condom, and 2. It doesn't excuse him from supporting his daughter. What a worthless piece of crap! I wish Chelsea had shut him out after 16 and pregnant.

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13

Jumping in here to enjoy the positive tone (before someone ruins it) and say I love the current pics.  Such a sweet family and so nice to see a happy and normal family in the TM franchise.  I can’t think of enough positive things to say. 

• Love 19