Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E05: "Tiki Man"

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

You mean the confrontation in the woods?  I heard Ben say something about Jem having the machete and that's why he brought the hammer.  I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for her that Ben wasn't taking her seriously or wasn't afraid of her.

Oh, I think he was plenty afraid of her lol. She was kinda nuts to bring the machete with her for that. On the other hand though, I guess kind of a good cover for her going around to measure stuff with it if she just goes ahead and carries it around all day.

I love that she's still salty. More of that and less of the casts acting all lovey dovey and shit lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
50 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Mr Rat and I have watched every season of this show and we both agreed that we would probably not have been able to do the Journey challenge.

I doubt anyone could. After 46 seasons they all run together. I can't imagine even the biggest, diehard fan of the show getting it right under those conditions (timer, stress, etc.). But then I don't believe these challenges are designed to be won, I believe they purposely designed to screw with the players and to amuse us. It's why I would never, ever volunteer to go on the "journey" because more likely than not it just means coming back minus your ability to vote. I don't know why this show is so hooked on robbing players of their votes but lately it's like it's their kink or something.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Mr Rat and I have watched every season of this show and we both agreed that we would probably not have been able to do the Journey challenge.

I would've been.  I haven't watched every season, but I know the order.

1. Borneo
2. Australian Outback
3. Africa
4. Marquesas
5. Thailand
6. Amazon
7. Pearl Islands
8. All-Stars
9. Vanuatu
10. Palau
11. Guatemala
12. Panama/Exile Island
13. Cook Islands
14. Fiji
15. China
16. Micronesia/Fans vs. Favorites
17. Gabon
18. Tocantins
19. Samoa
20. Heroes vs. Villains
21. Nicaragua
22. Redemption Island
23. South Pacific
24. One World
25. Philippines
26. Caramoan/Fans vs. Favorites 2
27. Blood vs. Water
28. Cagayan/Brains vs. Brawns vs. Beauty
29. San Juan Del Sur/Blood vs. Water 2
30. Worlds Apart
31. Cambodia/Second Chances
32. Kaoh Rong/Brains vs. Brawns vs. Beauty 2
33. Millennials vs. Generation X
34. Game Changers
35. Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
36. Ghost Island
37. David vs. Goliath
38. Edge of Extinction
39. Island of the Idols
40. Winners at War
41. 41
42. 42
43. 43
44. 44
45. 45
46. 46

Thank you!  Good night!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

I wish someone could explain Jem’s thinking in tricking the tribe like she did and making them dig for three days.what did she hope to gain? Then we find out they actually killed a tree and she thinks it’s funny!  Good riddance.  In the interview she talks about growing up in a domestic violence situation yet she has no qualms about putting tired, hungry people through that ordeal and laughs about it? No wonder Ben was worried she had a machete.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

For all his bluster, Q ran his mouth at the Journey almost as much as Bhanu did. Less to squeal about with only three people left but now they know he's tight with Tiffany and not Kenzie. 

But they already knew that; thanks to Bhanu’s endless gum-flapping, everybody on every tribe was fully up-to-date on the interpersonal dynamics at play in Yanu - and Q/Tiff/Kenzie are totally aware of this.

So how would lying about the already-obvious have benefited Q?  Given the way Bhanu poisoned the well for his teammates, anything less than acknowledgement would have come across as shadier than fuck.  Personally I think Q did the best he could with the shitty hand Bhanu had dealt the Yanu remnants, and I’m not even that fond of Q - or any of the Yanus, for that matter.

6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

For a guy who didn't even have a vote and was having his name thrown out, he acted like he didn't have a care in the world.  

Strategy-wise, isn’t that exactly the way someone who didn't have a vote and was having their name thrown about should act?  😉

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Lastly its been two seasons now but I still get a kick out of Jeff appearing in the opening credits. It's LOL that it finally dawned on someone after two decades that maybe he should be in it.

The title of this episode should have been "I'm here forever!"

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 3/27/2024 at 7:18 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Still not clear on who’s who, but I’m loving the costuming/color coordination of the green tribe. 

With Mergatory on the horizon, a Tracker post will be coming soon.

• Like 1
On 3/27/2024 at 6:53 PM, Rodney said:

Ugh.  As much as hubris really did hit Jem, I'm only disappointed that she left due to Tim getting his way, going all the way back to the premiere.

It killed me that Jem didn't use her idol. I wouldn't count on ever "relaxing" or not staying vigilant, if I were in Survivor..

She learned the most important lesson of Survivor... Trust No One!

• Like 3
15 hours ago, watch2much said:

I wish someone could explain Jem’s thinking in tricking the tribe like she did and making them dig for three days.what did she hope to gain? Then we find out they actually killed a tree and she thinks it’s funny!  Good riddance.  In the interview she talks about growing up in a domestic violence situation yet she has no qualms about putting tired, hungry people through that ordeal and laughs about it? No wonder Ben was worried she had a machete.

OK I'll explain. It's because they do this all the time. Assuming she's seen the show before I'm sure Jem knows she's supposed to re-hide the clue for someone else to find. Hijinks ensue! In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the producers prompted her to do so during one of her confessional segments. "Hey, have you thought about re-hiding the clue? Wouldn't that be funny?" 

You can't pin this on the players. The show itself loves this shit. It's what they're known for. If you're going to get bent out of shape over someone planting a false idol or re-hiding the clue then blame the show, not the people on it. Because the show itself has made it crystal clear this is exactly what they want, and this is exactly what they think the audience loves to see.

I'm positive the gleeful expression on Jem's face while talking about the reburied clue and all the digging was mirrored by the production people and cameramen as she was explaining it. They were laughing it up right along with her. Hell, she probably wouldn't have ever even thought about it on her own.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I didn't care for Jem, and her going home with the idol is just desserts, as far as I'm concerned.  

People in and watching the show know the level of producer manipulation at this point.  FORTY SIX seasons, people!  It's no surprise.  Some of these folks are more vulnerable to it after less than 2 weeks, some are less. If she flat-out refused to do what they suggested, what are they going to do? 

I like being able to identify team members by their clothing colors.  Though I'm still not certain that Liz & Mariah are 2 separate people. 

I'm just going to call them Liziah. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/28/2024 at 1:23 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Anyway, for those who might want one thread, it's not a major inconvenience to start reading the live one and then jump over to the regular one. For those who want separate threads, it wouldn't be quite so easy to figure out where the live comments end and the post-show comments begin.

Couldn’t the person creating the post edit the first message with a link to post live comments, or the post number of the first post after the show ends?

Jem’s post show interview displays the illogical logic of a narcissist.  I’m not saying she is one, but it makes me wonder if they cast a bunch of people with personality disorder traits.  It almost feels like they used Big Brother casting agents this season and last.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2024 at 2:15 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

It's interesting...Is Tim a sexist because he suspected that there might be a girl's alliance forming, or was he right to suspect it? There clearly had been talk that we were shown about both the women on that tribe targeting a man, as well as the "Charlie's Angels" of an alliance of Charlie and the three women. In either case, Tim would be in the line of fire as one of either two or three targets. 

In my opinion he is not, and was right to suspect it.  They should all expect things like that - the women should suspect it too.  I don't know why they are allowed but the guys are called sexist if they do 🤷‍♀️.

And yes - the episode should have been called "I'm here forever!" 😂

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It wasn't so much Tim suspecting the women were aligned as his, 'Women always align on Survivor and target strong men.' That was pure, utter bullshit and therefore giving sexism lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I don't think Tim was sexist either.  There is always some attempt on one tribe or another to create a women's alliance. And one of the reasons they want the men out is because they are usually viewed as physically stronger which means the women are more at risk during the tribal phase.

Good for Tim to remember that.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I didn't care for Jem, and her going home with the idol is just desserts, as far as I'm concerned.  

People in and watching the show know the level of producer manipulation at this point.  FORTY SIX seasons.  It's no surprise.  Some of these people are more vulnerable to it after less than 2 weeks, some are less. If she flat-out refused to do what they suggested, what are they going to do? 

I like being able to identify team members by their clothing colors.  Though I'm still not certain that Liz & Mariah are 2 separate people. 

I'm just going to call them Liziah. 

Moriah has a tolerably decent speaking voice, but Liz' is high-pitched, nasal, and like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It wasn't so much Tim suspecting the women were aligned as his, 'Women always align on Survivor and target strong men.' That was pure, utter bullshit and therefore giving sexism lol.

Haha it's only bullshit because the women can never stick with it!  😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, WatcherUp2 said:

Moriah has a tolerably decent speaking voice, but Liz' is high-pitched, nasal, and like nails on a chalkboard.

I find Moriah's voice worse lol.

I find it easy to tell them apart because Moriah is pleasant but boring while Liz is annoying but hilarious.

I somehow want Moriah and Venus to team up come merge time because they're about the only 2 I could potentially actively root for. Well, and Ben, just because he's kind of a cutie lol. I also could maybe root for Charlie.

13 hours ago, Skooma said:

I don't think Tim was sexist either.  There is always some attempt on one tribe or another to create a women's alliance. And one of the reasons they want the men out is because they are usually viewed as physically stronger which means the women are more at risk during the tribal phase.

Tim may or may not be sexist but you really can't judge just by him accusing the woman of aligning. I mean, it's a pretty natural assumption when every team is made up of three women and three men. It wouldn't be any different if they had two teams of five men and five women. It's just a numbers game. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I guess to play devil's advocate, I would say that Jem probably didn't expect that they would dig that deep, I mean, it looked like something out of Raider's of the Lost Ark. The producers want this stuff to be found, they're not going to bury something halfway to Hades, and if they did, the earth would be looser, that area clearly hadn't already been dug up. She also couldn't have known about the giant ants, and I really have to question why they dug for days in one spot, getting bitten by bugs, I think that's more on them than Jem.

Edited by BigRedCheese
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I think what raised feminist hackles was Tim mentioning the women were whispering together and how he recognized that behavior in the women of his own family when they were plotting something.  Really, though, anyone who watches this show knows that boys' or girls' alliances are often proposed so it's not sexist to be suspicious.

• Like 4
On 3/28/2024 at 11:44 AM, iMonrey said:

For all his bluster, Q ran his mouth at the Journey almost as much as Bhanu did. Less to squeal about with only three people left but now they know he's tight with Tiffany and not Kenzie. 

Key difference for me was that Q was not so stupid as to return from the journey and then tell Tiffany & Kenzie everything he said and did on that journey. Q made an alliance and he chose Tiffany as his #1. And then he somehow kept that to himself!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2024 at 4:52 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Would it be more accurate to say “Women always talk about aligning on Survivor and targeting strong men”?  Because I’m trying to recall a recent season where the notion of an all-female alliance wasn’t at least floated - even if it never came to fruition - and I’m coming up blank.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

Key difference for me was that Q was not so stupid as to return from the journey and then tell Tiffany & Kenzie everything he said and did on that journey. Q made an alliance and he chose Tiffany as his #1. And then he somehow kept that to himself!

Well, sure, key difference is that Bhanu was an idiot. Still, aside from confessing to blabbing everything to the other tribes, Q was pissed off at him for giving away any information, particularly that Kenzie was running the show. Now Q has told Tim and Hunter he's tight with Tiffany, again throwing Kenzie under the bus just like Bhanu did. If this gets back to her she's bound to turn against him.

19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

We didn't see him tell anyone but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't. I assume he did indeed tell Tiffany. It would be kinda odd not to tell her he made a new alliance with her in it lol.

Not necessarily. I'm not sure how this scheme is supposed to work but it might be similar to the "Cook-out" alliance on Big Brother with Tim, Q and Hunter as the core alliance, with each of those three having a sub-alliance with someone else for numbers, but them not necessarily understanding they're the bottom three. 

• Like 2