Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Ebun attempts to establish herself as matriarch, Olu worries she's losing her place in the family; Bob and Abishola are forced to choose sides. Also, Tunde is appointed interim deacon at church, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, March 25 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

The highlight of this episode for me was the 3 women’s Sunday Best wardrobes.

In my experience fraught relationships between sisters are at best set to simmer, so I was relieved by the interruptions of pixelization of the picture via the CBS OTA signal (Paramount+ discontinued for us for now) and I don’t intend to rewatch when CBS offers the episode (today? tomorrow?) for streaming.

I f’love Olu and Tunde, and I accept Abishola and her Mommy’s mean streaks in the context of the show, but this week’s plot? Not so much.

Did anyone here find it fun or funny?

• Like 1

I did. But my favorite part was Tunde and Bob in the suit shop, and Bob finding an off-the-rack jacket that now fits him! Also the two dinners, but didn't like Abishola throwing Bob under the bus as she did. Of course, she apologized to him later.

I never had a sister. My dad's two sisters got along well, but every once in a while, they'd have a spat, not speak for a day or two, but just as quickly make up. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

The reconciliation at the end was great, with Abishola being so happy about it that she didn't mind them uniting to kick her out of the kitchen. 

I also liked the scene they teased in the promos, where Abishola said she loved him for who he is, and te two of them were being silly together but in a way that really makes them feel like a couple.

And yes, the Sunday Best outfits were gorgeous, and I also loved Tunde's lavender suit. I was worried he would be mocked for it, but it doesn't seem that he was. 

He didn't seem to like the Deacon role as much as he'd hoped to, though, which surprised me a little. The shine wore off really fast! But I love how he and Olu support and understand each other. 

I really want jollof now,

• Like 3
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

He didn't seem to like the Deacon role as much as he'd hoped to, though, which surprised me a little.

I think it was because Olu decided not to come to church that Sunday.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I really want jollof now,

I've never had it but I googled a recipe to try to make it myself. I'm already intimidated because the sauce requires a scotch bonnet pepper. If I decide to make it myself I'm going to have to go significantly less than that. 😆

I liked the episode. My sister and I aren't very competitive. Neither of us wants to be the matriarch of the family. 

I did love Bob's reaction to the off the rack suit. I would imagine Billy Gardell had a similar reaction. 

• Like 2

I really liked this show when it first started, and I still like it a lot- with the exception of a few characters. Ebun, imo, is just a horrible person. She thinks she's so great, I guess her version of Christianity doesn't believe being prideful is a bad thing ? I don't really care how hard she thinks she's had it in life, she just comes across as an awful person. Abishola handles it pretty well, and poor Bob just goes along to get along. 

Still love pretty much every other character, although Goodwin gets on my nerves a lot, too. But most of his bad traits seem to come out at work. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I f’love Olu and Tunde, and I accept Abishola and her Mommy’s mean streaks in the context of the show, but this week’s plot? Not so much.

Haven't we seen it all before? Including a discussion of Tunde and Olu living with Bob and Abishola at some point?  However, we never got to see Tunde do Deacon "stuff" (besides going off to smoke a cigar), which would have been new.  Seems a shame to focus on the same exact issues when there are so few episodes left.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 2

If they had to cut character's time this season it's a shame they didn't cut Abishola's mom!  She's awful and not funny.   I'd much rather see Delee (where has he been?) or literally any other character than her.  I don't even understand why she's here.  Until this episode I've never seen her do anything helpful even though she lives there and treats it as her house.  She's just mean and bossy and serves no purpose.  As she said Olu was the one that took in Abishola and had essentially been her surrogate mother for quite a long time. To me it wasn't even a fight between the sisters it was just Abishola's mom being jealous and wanting to knock Olu down in the church and home where she's been for years!  It was just cruel and mean and petty! I hope her character gets sidelined for the remaining episodes,

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Ebun and Dotty seem to get along really well, though. Dotty is less competitive, but I think it's only because she's more secure. She also cuts down her kids and mostly serves as snark. I don't think either of them "helps" around the house, but retired grandmas are not really required to do that. Elders are allowed to just be.

I don't enjoy the nastiness from either character, to be honest. Even more for Goodwin, who I have really never seen express caring about anyone, and who only ever is obnoxious since his promotion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Ebun had the status of being a well-known host in her home country. If she valued that so much, she should have stayed there instead of stealing her sister's thing. I liked that Abishola called out Ebun's bs at least.

Abishola being happy about being mistreated by her mom was a really cute touch.

• Like 4

What I am tired of seeing is Bob constantly walking on egg shells around his wife and her family. This guy needs to finally tell them all where to get off and require that he be treated with respect also. Bob is the reason that Abishola is no longer having to take the bus to work.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2024 at 4:18 PM, Harvey said:

Ebun had the status of being a well-known host in her home country. If she valued that so much, she should have stayed there instead of stealing her sister's thing. I liked that Abishola called out Ebun's bs at least.

Or host a meal every Friday night or a party once a month on Sunday! (Although, does she have any oncome, or would Abishola and Bob be paying for all these parties.)

Squabbles, lies, and fighting. The only thing I enjoyed about this episode was the beautiful fabric and dresses.

Abishola's mom is the worst. She brings discord to every situation these characters find themselves in.

• Like 2