Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

And you have to order tickets on Ticketmaster! When I worked at Tufts I was inches from the theater district, so I could just saunter up to the box office and buy tickets, no extra fees, surcharges, service fees.....Now it's impossible. It's infuriating. 

Oh, see? Amber is a saint. She spends her whole life caring for OTHERS. She is the image of selflessness. 

Yup. Honestly ticketmaster us such a racket. I started seeing our college productions because they were so much cheaper. But some of them were slightly weird. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Pi237 said:

I've het to meet a person who says, "i always put everyone else first.." that actually does that. Its always the exact opposite.

This. I put them with people who say things like "I have a huge heart". I am side eyeing HARD.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It's a sad story that she had some kind of abusive relationship when she was so young, but seriously, if she was bad enough to need weight loss surgery at 16, the underlying issue is way older than that and her food issues are probably lifelong...

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Yup. Honestly ticketmaster us such a racket. I started seeing our college productions because they were so much cheaper. But some of them were slightly weird. 

The local university has an excellent drama department and I've seen some great shows there! AND I'm a senior, so the cheap tickets are even cheaper!

• Like 1

I used to have a policy that my lover had to weigh more than I did…even if just a pound.  Lol so crazy….not sure where I got that idea.  

• LOL 3

Bingo! There it is. Amber feels like this is Nathan's thing, not hers. She never really wanted to lose weight. Though she did want to snipe at Nathan about his. 

Wait, rock climbing? No ax throwing bars in this burg? 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Boston's Shakespeare Company has understudies performing for free in the summer, usually shortened Shakespeare plays.  I saw a comedy in 2022 that I liked, but last year I saw Julius Caesar, and it was so inappropriately hilarious when a teenage girl in pigtails was trying to deliver the monologue full of high pathos and almost crossing into ultrasound in her excitement...  I will go again this summer!  :)  There are a lot of small amateur and semi-professional theater companies in Massachusetts, some are pretty decent, some are... interesting.  I should branch out more... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And you have to order tickets on Ticketmaster! When I worked at Tufts I was inches from the theater district, so I could just saunter up to the box office and buy tickets, no extra fees, surcharges, service fees.....Now it's impossible. It's infuriating. 

Um...later! We have to talk 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I'm late as per usual.  That guy in the camo shirt looks familiar...

Hiya, Eldemarge!  Better Late Than Never!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I didn't particularly care for Hamilton either, and most of my friends were underwhelmed compared to the hype as well...  The vibe also didn't work for me, the whole premise of the show, and I didn't connect with the music, so overall I say it was me connecting with the zeitgeist, so it was still worth it. 

I absolutely loved Hamilton!  For me, it more than lived up to the hype.  I have the music on my phone and I have many favorite songs.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I used to have a policy that my lover had to weigh more than I did…even if just a pound.  Lol so crazy….not sure where I got that idea.  

My boyfriend outweighs me by like 5 lbs.  Yes, I care lol.  I need to feel like a graceful little waif compared to him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

If this guy can do rock wall climbing, maybe I should try too... but kudos to him for trying something different and something hard!  

• Like 5

A note about the clothes - it's extremely difficult to find plus sized clothing that isnt  made with some spandex or thin synthetic material, especially shirts.  You can keep going up sizes and they'll get longer, but still stick tight against your body. That orange shirt was a Prime example. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I bet Amber lost.  5 whopping pounds!!!

Wonder if they will make it to where she weighs three times more than him by the end of the hour!

Edited by Hellga

So Dr. Web, MD says I have GERD. I read up and ate a GERD dinner tonight and I’m not burping the night away. Smallish salad, some salmon, a slice of whole wheat bread and unsweetened iced tea. Ordered a wedge pillow. Will let you know how it goes.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Boston's Shakespeare Company has understudies performing for free in the summer, usually shortened Shakespeare plays.  I saw a comedy in 2022 that I liked, but last year I saw Julius Caesar, and it was so inappropriately hilarious when a teenage girl in pigtails was trying to deliver the monologue full of high pathos and almost crossing into ultrasound in her excitement...  I will go again this summer!  :)  There are a lot of small amateur and semi-professional theater companies in Massachusetts, some are pretty decent, some are... interesting.  I should branch out more... 

Do you mean Actor's Shakespeare Project? I used to work with Paula Plum, years ago, and I dated her brother. 

The Greater Boston Stage in Stoneham is very good, and the tickets are cheap. Saw "All Is Calm" last winter and we all bawled our eyes out. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I underestimated her hard work and dedication.  *8* pounds!  Twice as much progress as before, and all in the right direction!

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

A note about the clothes - it's extremely difficult to find plus sized clothing that isnt  made with some spandex or thin synthetic material, especially shirts.  You can keep going up sizes and they'll get longer, but still stick tight against your body. That orange shirt was a Prime example. 

Agreed! Plus sizes are a minefield. The fabric and workmanship is usually awful, and the clothes frumpy. I love eshakti.com, you can customize to your measurements and pick length, sleeve, neckline style, the fabrics are good and they're well made and affordable. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Do you mean Actor's Shakespeare Project? I used to work with Paula Plum, years ago, and I dated her brother. 

The Greater Boston Stage in Stoneham is very good, and the tickets are cheap. Saw "All Is Calm" last winter and we all bawled our eyes out. 

Stoneham is way out of the way for me but I will keep that in mind!

I just googled and the official name is Apprentice Rep Company.  This summer it will be Two Noble Kinsmen and Richard II.  Plus, of course, the Winter's Tale as the big show on Boston Commons.  

• Like 1
(edited)

I love that Nathan is having a better relationship with his daughter.   I love that he's determined to climb to the top of the wall. 

I'm worried about Amber.   She seems very depressed to me.  And here finally admitting abuse is so brave.   However, does she really fear having a sexual relationship, or does she think everything will change and she won't be safe?  

I hate that so many of the poundticipants have been abused.  

They're both in the front seat of their van!  

Nathan's weigh in -272 then, now 251.  

Amber's weigh in-was 456, this month 448, down 8 lbs.   At least she's not wearing that shirt with the heart on it again.   

I'm hoping that Nathan isn't going to be like Allen of Vianey and Allen, where he qualified for skin removal, and she pitched a fit, so he didn't have it. (R.I.P. Vianey). 

I think Dr. Now is going to keep trying with Amber, because he realizes that if Amber is kicked out, Nathan probably will be forced to choose between his wife, and his health. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yea I think it's much more likely that Amber will drag Nathan down to her level than he will lift her up to success...  That would be such a waste of his and Dr. Now's effort...

Since this actual show was filmed years ago - I hope we get a shoutout to 2023 at least!!!  I want to know where they are now!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Can we do a theater weekend?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed! Plus sizes are a minefield. The fabric and workmanship is usually awful, and the clothes frumpy. I love eshakti.com, you can customize to your measurements and pick length, sleeve, neckline style, the fabrics are good and they're well made and affordable. 

I bought 2 formal gowns on eshakti. They are gorgeous. I have an order in for 2 outfits for events in the fall. They are slow so even though they say a few weeks, its more like a few months. I bought a dress off the rack and by the time I had it tailored it doubled the price. Eshakti customs it for you for a pittance. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Stoneham is way out of the way for me but I will keep that in mind!

I just googled and the official name is Apprentice Rep Company.  This summer it will be Two Noble Kinsmen and Richard II.  Plus, of course, the Winter's Tale as the big show on Boston Commons.  

Okay, did either of you Boston theater-goers see Thirst at Lyric Stage? It's the only one I meant to see this year and I missed it. Wonder if it was good!

• Like 2

Getting ready for our walk in the park. A very strange episode tonight, but happy for Nathan.

4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hate that so many of the poundticipants have been abused. 

I agree. It's so hard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Just now, mmecorday said:

I didn't know she died! But it's not unexpected. Unfortunately. 

It's on her thread, I think she died about November 2023, pneumonia if I recall correctly.