Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Interesting...I'm basically afraid I'm suddenly going to be deathly allergic to something. Even though I've never been allergic to any food or medicine (just seasonal allergies which some years don't even bother me much). I haven't eaten nuts or peanuts in about 25 years (it all started with my first panic attack...) but in the last year or so practically everything has felt unsafe. ("Everything" is an exaggeration. I'm not nearly as restricted as some of the people in that facebook group, though; sometimes I feel like I don't really belong there). I should see a therapist but the thought of making that call (or a bunch of calls, possibly) is daunting.

FWIW, "I'm not sick enough to need treatment" is a pretty common belief amongst people with eating disorders. If you need and want help with your relationship with food, don't keep yourself from it because you aren't as restrictive of some other people in the group. Sending you so much strength and hope. There are good therapies for ARFID, if that's what's going with you.

Hey, but she'll have a healthy shit right before the weigh in

Not if she is hooked on painkillers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Interesting...I'm basically afraid I'm suddenly going to be deathly allergic to something. 

Let me know if you're interested in participating. $25 is $25.

As I've gotten older, I haven't been afraid of allergies, but I often face new foods with, "I hope this doesn't make me sick." or "Which will kill me faster, this or bad mayonnaise?" I don't consider myself a fearful person and I like a variety of ethnic foods, but the thought goes through my mind, "What if?"

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

12 pounds. "I know I did better than that." No, no you did not.

9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you! I think I'd use coffee in place of water. FAINTING to try it now. I'd try it tomorrow but tomorrow is my Do Nothing Day. 

I'm not a coffee drinker but that might be good if you like it. I have instant espresso that I mix into hot chocolate, maybe I'll try that sometime.

She keeps saying hospice. Did they really think she was about to die? Or does she not know what hospice is?

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

What kind of care do they get in a hotel? Visiting nurses or is it just a place for the disabled to live and they handle their medical needs on their own?

It's indoors, with heat, water and accepts vouchers. They manage medical care on their own because the disability isn't about cognitive issues.

Deaths are frequent; one of the advantages of hoteling is that someone notices if there is a need for a welfare check (meaning the hotel calls the police and opens the door fof them).

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

I am interested in this "do nothing day". Do you have staff to complete the necessary tasks for that day? If so could you send some over to help me clean my kitchen cabinets? Is having two "do nothing days" asking too much?

It’s a real talent, let me tell you. I wake up around 9:30, take the dog out, back by 10AM, feed dog, have my coffee and breakfast, check out the news/etc. online, sit in my tv chair and take a nap till about 1:00. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

She is so full of excuses... and I think she really doesn't believe fully that she IS in control of her life.  Which is why she should be in therapy, but she is refusing to do it...

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I am interested in this "do nothing day". Do you have staff to complete the necessary tasks for that day? If so could you send some over to help me clean my kitchen cabinets? Is having two "do nothing days" asking too much?

I'm so busy in the beginning of the week, with the weekly cook, and housework and laundry and so on. And on the weekends houseguest and I often hit some estate sales or go shopping or some other fun thing. So I plan one day a week to do nothing at all. I just flop on the couch and read or watch TV. its great. If cleaning kitchen cabinets has to happen I it on another day. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

It’s a real talent, let me tell you. I wake up around 9:30, take the dog out, back by 10AM, feed dog, have my coffee and breakfast, check out the news/etc. online, sit in my tv chair and take a nap till about 1:00. 

You described my idea of Heaven.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The amount of food required to keep her at that weight must cost a crap ton of money, especially now when a single bag of chips is $7-8.  How do they afford it?  Sorry, I think I ask this question every episode lmao 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Now that I'm in year 3 of retirement I cannot believe I actually fit work into my day of getting up, drinking coffee, playing on my phone, going to the gym and running small errands 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, lemoncake said:

Now that I'm in year 3 of retirement I cannot believe I actually fit work into my day of getting up, drinking coffee, playing on my phone, going to the gym and running small errands 

That sounds like a full time job to me!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

She keeps saying hospice. Did they really think she was about to die? Or does she not know what hospice is?

I think hospice care has expanded to include people for whom death is not imminent (e.g. within the next six months) but who have chronic conditions that require management? She said 'hospice" a couple times and Dr. Now said it once, though he also said that he was suspicious of her story.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

You know, going to the gym and eating healthy really does take up so much of my time I have little time for laundry or grocery shopping, or working my 10 whole hours a week. It's exhausting. I need a nap.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

How is she getting food? 

Food delivery I bet.   

Month 11-Still at the extended stay. 

Dr. Now's right, that's the same hotel exterior it showed when she was in 'hospice'.   So, she's lying to herself, and to Dr. Now.  Does she think he doesn't realize that?   

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, Elizzikra said:

I think hospice care has expanded to include people for whom death is not imminent (e.g. within the next six months) but who have chronic conditions that require management? She said 'hospice" a couple times and Dr. Now said it once, though he also said that he was suspicious of her story.

She was on a respirator and in respiratory failure. That's plenty right there.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

They all think if they just move to Houston, Dr. Now will approve their surgery. 

Well yeah. It's a sure sign of commitment.

• Like 1

Big news - 3 weeks from today I am officially off fecking Obamacare and on medicare. I gave my pharmacist my card yesterday and told him how excited I am. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Mine is similar, except I don't have a dog, and I sometimes head out to the porch to smoke and watch the world go by. Maybe chat with my mail carrier. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

They all think if they just move to Houston, Dr. Now will approve their surgery. 

Houston, the barbecue capital of the planet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I'm still working full time, but I am at the stage of life where I can't believe I actually worked full time while raising 2 kids. How? I've blocked out the details.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

You would think that being on a ventilator would have reduced her weight significantly as they don't routinely feed patients 6000 calories a day. So either it was a very short time or....something doesn't add up there.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

I'm still working full time, but I am at the stage of life where I can't believe I actually worked full time while raising 2 kids. How? I've blocked out the details.

I don't know you but I'm pretty sure you were in a constant state of exhaustion.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
Just now, LizzyB said:

Preach. Raised 2 kids, worked full time house, cars, pets and we had a huge yard and pool to maintain . I cannot believe I did it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
Just now, Chicklet said:

You would think that being on a ventilator would have reduced her weight significantly as they don't routinely feed patients 6000 calories a day. So either it was a very short time or....something doesn't add up there.

Exactly what I was thinking!  

• Like 3

They don't but she might have been on steroids and a ton of IV fluids. 

True story (apologies to those who have read it before):

A few years ago, I had a GI bleed. I had two colonscopies (including the pre) in 48 hours. I could not eat or drink for seven days. 

I gained two pounds.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Right? SAME. The bus I used to take to work goes right past my house, and whenever I see it go by I say "So long, suckers!" I cannot fathom that I hauled my raggedy ass out of bed every day at five AM and dragged myself into Cambridge and WORKED all day. Then hauled my aforementioned raggedy ass onto another set of mobile torture chambers that are called public transportation around here, to come home again, when I jammed some food down my gullet and collapsed into bed, exhausted. AND had to do all my housework, shopping, laundry, cooking, self care, social activity, EVERYTHING, all in two short days! Crazy. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 3
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm so busy in the beginning of the week, with the weekly cook, and housework and laundry and so on. And on the weekends houseguest and I often hit some estate sales or go shopping or some other fun thing. So I plan one day a week to do nothing at all. I just flop on the couch and read or watch TV. its great. If cleaning kitchen cabinets has to happen I it on another day. 

I am a daughter of a woman who ENJOYS cleaning the house.  Like, she thinks it's a fun activity to pass time.  You can imagine how traumatizing my childhood was (not enough to balloon me to 600lb, though, so you have to take my word for it).  Took me almost 40 years to stop feeling guilty about NOT cleaning nearly as much as my Mom.  Unlike her, I DON"T enjoy the process.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1