Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Mr Lemon is a brave, brave man. My husband just rolled his eyes and went to bed early.

My grown adult "child" is home at my place, recovering from surgery (she's fine), and she is essentially my unmoving prisoner in front of the TV!  She hasn't looked at the screen yet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

'My metabolism will kick in' - heh, not if you are eating giant plates of food like that.  That actually looked good, but this was enough for four people. 

• Like 2

Ack! I'm late! I was fixing my eating habit...a salad with romaine, spinach, yellow carrot, radish, red onion, red cabbage, cheddar cheese, croutons, and Ken's honey French dressing.

I spy two little dogies.

Paralysis, certainly not gonna help.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Uhoh, small dogs noted. Paper plates? I can't tell.

No, I think they are real plates for a change.

So, basically, he recovered from the spinal cord injury and would be walking if he wasn't so obese.  He probably only recovered his arm function so he could use them to shovel food in his mouth, but saw no reason to work on his leg strength.  He just got himself a wife who would bring the food right to the bed.

• Like 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

My grown adult "child" is home at my place, recovering from surgery (she's fine), and she is essentially my unmoving prisoner in front of the TV!  She hasn't looked at the screen yet.

So she's your hostage. Cool!

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • LOL 3

So, he can use his legs, hes not paralyzed anymore? You'd think that would be the ultimate motivation to get out of that bed.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Mr Lemon reports there are many dating apps for the larger set. His favorite is Chubby Bunny

I'm dying

• LOL 2

On the downside, he is controlling her grocery shopping remotely.

And chocolate and macadamia cookie is just about the worst kind.

Who is he kidding saying that the reason he goes for food bad for him is that it costs less?  COOKIES cheaper than carrots?   Not to mention cookies are unnecessary entirely, they are an add-on, not a replacement.  And salsa con queso certainly doesn't cost less than plain can of crushed tomatoes.  

• Like 2

He said "a sandwich and chips" and apparently that means five sandwiches and a mixing bowl full of chips with a smaller mixing bowl full of cheese dip.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

So you're too tired to cook, fine. get a meal delivery service.  It's post-pandemic; you can get whatever the heck kinda diet plan you want, right to your door. Jeez.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Tate’s Chocolate Chip cookies are not cheap. Sometimes they are in Costco but you have to by the industrial size box.

He prefers macadamia nut, please 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

So you're too tired to cook, fine. get a meal delivery service.  It's post-pandemic; you can get whatever the heck kinda diet plan you want, right to your door. Jeez.

If they get food assistance, though, you can't use it on that.

What does Abi do for work? I missed that.

Abi. 

Age 37. from Austin TX.  Brenda is his enabler. Actually his breakfast is smaller than some poundticipants. 

Born and raised in Puerto Rico, overate even as a little kid.    Not overweight until 14. Really ballooned in post high school training. Lost weight through ballet, and working out.   Other driver hit his car, and he had spinal injuries.  He eventually could move his legs.  Brenda and Abi married after the accident. After Hurricane Maria, he was able to move to Austin.  Brenda works outside the home, and Abi works from home. He wants to lose enough weight to get a further spinal surgery, and he can start rehab and possibly walk again.  He's only left the apartment once since moving to Austin.   His sister Miriam lives in Austin, and helps Brenda take care of his huge bed sores.

I hope this is a success story, but I'm so afraid for him.   

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It hurts for YOU?  What about your wife and sister, you think their backs aren't screaming louder than you from moving your hundreds of inert pounds???

• Like 4