Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E01: You Can’t Drive While You’re Crying

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thirteen new teams embark on the journey of a lifetime when host Phil Keoghan kicks off the 36th season of THE AMAZING RACE. Teams begin in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where they participate in a traditional Mexican rodeo. Air Date: Mar 13, 2024

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 1
(edited)

So is this the season that actually took place before last season, recut into 90 minute episodes? Or is that season still shelved somewhere?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Is that someone running out of breath already? Not a good start

Yeah, I think Dad might struggle if he face plants right out of the gate. (Not that I would do any better, mind you!)

• Like 7
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

So is this the season that actually took place before last season, recut into 90 minute episodes? Or is that season still shelved somewhere?

This is that season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 5
Just now, iMonrey said:

So is the season that actually took place before last season, recut into 90 minute episodes? Or is that season still shelved somewhere?

This is the original Season 35, but it couldn't be re-edited in time to show it "last season".  So it got shelved, re-edited into 90 minute episodes.  So yes, this was shot before the season that we saw last year. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

And these acrobatic guys on the giant pole are insane.

Haven't we seen them before on a Mexico leg?   I'm kind of disappointed that they're just a landmark and not part of a task. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 5
Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

Haven't we seen them before on a Mexico leg?   I kind of disappointed that they're just a landmark and not part of a task. 

I don't remember, but that doesn't mean anything.  I'm a little sad they aren't part of a task, too.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I don't remember, but that doesn't mean anything.  I'm a little sad they aren't part of a task, too.

Yes, but I am happy to see the Luchadores.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Why are they walking with their bags when they are driving themselves?

Good point -- are they not allowed to leave their bags in their cars?

• Like 2

I naturally navigate towards former football players so already had my eye on Rod.  I’ll forgive him for playing for a trash team; hey you can’t pick who drafts you unless your name is John or Eli.

Appreciate him catching himself and saying Commanders, even if they showed a picture of him with the former hateful logo.

• Like 5

Is it worse going uphill or downhill with the horses?

I would say downhill. Because you have to slow it down when gravity is pulling it down.

• Like 3

I think I kinda like the stoner twins?

The brother and sister that have dreamed of being on AR since childhood are toast. Sad.

I don't think father and daughter are going to make it far either.

NFL and wifey are going to be a strong team.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

The brother and sister that have dreamed of being on AR since childhood are toast. Sad.

Have they even reached Puerto Vallarta yet?

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 10:11 PM, iMonrey said:

With brother/sister teams, it's usually one extreme or the other in terms of where they finish, with nearly no middle ground.  They either go really far (Blake & Paige, Nick & Starr, and Tammy & Victor, with two of them even winning) or go out really early (Tramel & Talicia and Alexandra & Sheridan).  Only two have ever had middling finishes (Azaria & Hendekea and Justin & Jennifer).  So Maya & Rohan flopping isn't a surprise to me.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Oh my goodness.  How did the siblings get their car so stuck?

2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They should have reversed

That's what I was thinking too, they should have backed up. They're goners.

• Like 5
  • Love 1