Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I pretty much enjoyed the first two episodes, we had to be told why Rick couldn't make it back home, we had to witness their first meeting, which was far more powerful having watched Ep2 before Ep1.

Having got those important questions and answers ticked off we have Ep3. My interest in what the CRM is all about honestly outweighs my interest in "Richonne", to me they've been gone far too long, plus I was never their biggest fan.

I hope the story can include the Commonwealth, for they must be aware of each other and can maybe bring a link across to some other characters, good old Morgan keeps being mentioned.

The South African woman drawing a bead on Michonne was interesting and it's good to see Jadis being her ever pleasant self. Three episodes left, surely the show can't just be about "Richonne" escaping?

• Like 3

I just realized what they're doing with the episode titles here. Strung together, the first three episode titles are: Years Gone Bye. And the very first episode of TWD was: Days Gone Bye. I don't know if they're going to carry this forward for the last three eps, but that would be Rest In Peace. Kind of ominous, if so.

I admit to being confused by this episode. I found the time jumps to be distracting. I'm not sure if anything concrete happened outside of Thorne's promotion. I was grateful for the better explanation of why Okafer kiled his wife. So the current CRM is comprised at the upper ranks of the soldiers who mutinied against the USM during the early days/months of the ZA. And as far as we know that mutiny started with Okafer and spread throughout the nation. There had to be more than that to lead to the current - and shrinking - Alliance. I hope we get to learn more over the next three episodes.

I couldn't tell if Thorne was just testing "Danai" or if she was following what Okafer did with her: bringing her into the conspiracy to change the CRM from within. Did I hear right that after Thorne got the Echelon Briefing from Beale, she no longer agrees with everything Okafer was planning?

I did love the ending to Bye, though. Never underestimate Michonne.

• Like 5

I'm surprised that I actually liked this one, way more than the first two. I curious about what story they're going to wrangle out of the next 3 episodes. 

• Like 3

I'm really enjoying the ride. Even Rick Grimes couldn't convince Michonne he wanted nothing else to do with her. Sir, that was the best laid plan you had 😂. You cut off your hand to try and get back to her and the best you thought was "if I break up with her, she will leave."  I am hoping Ep 4 is Michonne telling Rick he has a son so Red Machete Rick can finally take the last 3 episodes to do what Rick Grimes does best.

Favorite part in all of Walking Dead Land - Rick telling Jadis about her shit haircut. Something finally topped Rick telling Morgan Michonne ate his peanut butter bars.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, millennium said:

I had to turn on subtitles to understand Thorne.

This was a casting mistake imo. Totally distracting, hard to understand. A dialogue coach might have helped in this situation. The actress is from South Africa, I watch a lot of Below Deck so I'm used to South African accents but I'm only picking up about 60-70% of what the hell Thorne is saying. 

The character is also confusing, she seems to flip flop between being with or against Rick and/or the CRM. 

As for Jadis . . . the show is telling me she was in fact the leader of the junk yard people and was recruited to supply the CRM with reports of A's and B's in exchange for supplies. Like . . . what supplies? I thought their whole thing was "we take, we don't bother." That's where they got supplies from. There's no way to reconcile the current incarnation of this character with how she was introduced and how she used to speak. I can't see what possible use the CRM could have seen in Junk Yard Lady Who Speak Like Cookie Monster.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

This was a casting mistake imo. Totally distracting, hard to understand. A dialogue coach might have helped in this situation. The actress is from South Africa, I watch a lot of Below Deck so I'm used to South African accents but I'm only picking up about 60-70% of what the hell Thorne is saying. 

In her defense, she was totally understandable (and awesome) in Spartacus and Lucifer, so it appears to be a production choice.   

• Like 2
5 hours ago, MrPissyPuppy said:

In her defense, she was totally understandable (and awesome) in Spartacus and Lucifer, so it appears to be a production choice.   

The difference may be in the dialogue. As you will no doubt recall, the dialogue in the Spartacus shows was very distinct and specific, evocative of an older way of speaking. Words were so carefully parsed on that show, I'm sure the actors had to be very careful how they spoke.

I never saw Lucifer. Maybe they had a dialogue coach on set.

Here, however, the dialogue is more or less normal and modern. The actress may just be speaking too quickly like she normally speaks which makes her accent stronger and harder to penetrate. My question would still be "why this actress, for this role?"  It may be that they just liked her, maybe she had some connection with people behind the scenes. I still think it was a miscast.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I miss the days when the characters had some humanity left. I know a lot of dystopian stories feature people that no longer have human feelings but it isn’t pleasant to watch. I’m hoping Michonne will at least tell Rick about his son although parents in this series seem to leave their children for years at a time and therefore I would think they no longer have any kind of connection. I guess I don’t understand the motivations of people who just want to kill , torture and live in a cruel world. There are just too many of them in the WD universe. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m hoping Michonne will at least tell Rick about his son although parents in this series seem to leave their children for years at a time and therefore I would think they no longer have any kind of connection.

I liked this episode but Michonne keeps saying that Judith is well without having seen her from... Years?  That makes no sense!
And instead of telling Michonne to go away why is he not simply telling her the truth?  If they escape they will kill the whole village?
She has seen Jadis, she will get it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)

11 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I liked this episode but Michonne keeps saying that Judith is well without having seen her from... Years?

I'm enjoying this a lot but yeah, this is a bit of a sticking point. She keeps saying Judith is good and I realize what else can she say at this point, but it's been a year? two years? maybe longer since she left. And she wandered off in the middle of the Whisperer war when they'd already beheaded a bunch of other people's kids and didn't seem any closer to a resolution. That's an awful lot of faith to be putting in the rest of the cast who already haven't had the greatest track record at keeping kids not named Judith alive.

I know, I know. True love and all that. We're apparently not supposed to think about it beyond that. I guess it really must be the real deal for Michonne to have not clocked Rick in the head with another rock yet after having gone through everything she went through to get there and let herself be dragged against her better judgment into this unending Hotel California with walkers and snazzy uniforms only for him to act out the least convincing breakup scene ever.

Add me to the chorus of people who can't make out half of what Thorne says without turning the closed captioning on. All I can tell is that she's really damn impressed with herself for being let in on the Big Secret of the CRM and she's more than a little pissed off that nobody's taking the bait and asking her about it no matter how many times she brings it up.

The more they add to Jadis's story, the less sense she makes.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, heisenberg said:

why is he not simply telling her the truth? 

Yes! This, exactly!🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, let me tell you why...because Scott Gimple's an idiot who emasculated Rick so he could see himself on tv and he needed to have Michonne perform the totally realistic, easily survivable act of throwing the two of them out of a helicopter flying god knows how many miles high up, in the middle of nowhere during a thunder storm in the dead of night.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Up until then, I pretty much enjoyed it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Daltrey said:

the totally realistic, easily survivable act of throwing the two of them out of a helicopter flying god knows how many miles high up, in the middle of nowhere during a thunder storm in the dead of night.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

So maybe Travis survived then?

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 6
55 minutes ago, Starchild said:

So maybe Travis survived then?

🤣... I almost mentioned that as an established precedent for sure death, lol!😂😂😄😄😄😃😏

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I miss the days when the characters had some humanity left. I know a lot of dystopian stories feature people that no longer have human feelings but it isn’t pleasant to watch.

I have to concede times are different this far into the zombie apocalypse after everyone's had the humanity beaten out of them and the world has moved on from mere survival to rebuilding society.

That said, it's the same old same old. There's always some nefarious dictator leading some fascist society. The CRM is just a bigger Commonweath. It's just another variation on the French paramilitary organization in the Daryl Dixon show. It's a large-scale Woodbury. It's a more civilized Sanctuary. You get the picture. The show can't seem to break away from a tired formula. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

To me it seemed like Michonne had a continual smirk on her face whenever talking to someone not named Rick.  It helped me understand why Thorne was considering killing her.  Both Michonne and Rick need to be honest with each other.  She needs to tell him about RJ and he needs to tell her why he can't leave.

I'm so ready for them to break into Jadis' room, steal the map or whatever she has that will lead the CRM to Alexandria and then kill Jadis so that I don't have to ever watch her again.

My favorite moment of the episode?  When Rick told Jadis how bad her haircut was.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

All I can tell is that she's really damn impressed with herself for being let in on the Big Secret of the CRM

The CRM is Scientology. 

• LOL 4
On 3/11/2024 at 12:52 PM, MrPissyPuppy said:

I guess that be a close relative of "scenes that are too dark to see anything in" - accents that are too thick to understand.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2024 at 6:36 PM, iMonrey said:

The difference may be in the dialogue. As you will no doubt recall, the dialogue in the Spartacus shows was very distinct and specific, evocative of an older way of speaking. Words were so carefully parsed on that show, I'm sure the actors had to be very careful how they spoke.

Gratitude.

The french fries at the Farmers Market that Jadis was eating were a nice callback to the very first episode of TWD when Shane and Rick were eating ketchup covered fries in their police car. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1