Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 2: "Scorpio Energy" LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I wonder if anyone will find a HII that's encased in wax and had to be melted this season.  Or some other frustrating method to get the idol.

(edited)

Bhanu is already nervous and paranoid.  He probably has every reason to be, since he wasn't even part of that 4-person alliance that included Jelinsky.

Kenzie says that Bhanu isn't a good liar and almost blew it at the last TC.  I don't disagree with her, but I also think Bhanu did blow it at the last TC because he pretty much revealed Jelinsky was doing.

And Kenzie is already making her alliance-mates Q and Tiffany nervous because of her personality.  What is this, day 3 and this tribe is already completely dysfunctional.  I don't even think Lulu had tears and a defeatist attitude this early last season.

ETA: okay so if there's 22 days left they must be on day 4 (I still can't get used to this being a 26 day game).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

Ok if you’re going to say we’re losers after round 1, how do you expect to make it to the end. Purple is going to pagong at this rate. I don’t like the small tribes. If tgeyre starting with less than 20, they should start with 2 tribes. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Dang, Kenzie’s eyes really are blue. It helps that they’re not tattooed.

Jelinsky looks decent in the credits. We can pretend that he’s contemplating quittting.

Is Venus the token Canadian?

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

Omg, orange is as bad as purple. I’m going to have to root for green now. Again I get the strong feeling that they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel to recruit contestants. We’re getting defeatists, people who can’t lie, quitters, delusionals and sob stories. Where’s the excitement for being chosen, the passion for this game, the fitness for the challenges, the emotional and mental strength to endure the game and build a social game and players who are there to make big moves? 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

So Tevin is playing a social game, but the only person he doesn't trust is Venus.  He shares this with Soda, who he does trust, and now has Soda questioning whether she should trust Venus or not.  Venus is realizing that Soda is going with the numbers and that Tevin is the king.

More tears!  Though Venus's at least make sense.  I actually feel kind of sorry for her.  I hope this is all a red herring and she makes it through tonight.

• Like 2
(edited)

With regards to all these photos from Venus’s background and activism, I don’t recall seeing those for other players, do y’all?  It’s like her tears and her talking head perfectly matched the photos that the producers had.  I have no doubt that she is being truthful, but it just seems manipulative compared to what we see for the other players..

Edited by MerBearHou
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Ok if you’re going to say we’re losers after round 1, how do you expect to make it to the end. Purple is going to pagong at this rate. I don’t like the small tribes.

It also doesn't help that instead of focusing on winning challenges to stay out of tribal council, like Kenzie to be fair, was saying, they're all eyeing each other for who to vote off next. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Ok if you’re going to say we’re losers after round 1, how do you expect to make it to the end. Purple is going to pagong at this rate. I don’t like the small tribes. If tgeyre starting with less than 20, they should start with 2 tribes. 

I hate the small tribes.  Especially just watching Venus, even though Soda may want to work with her Soda's clearly going with the numbers.  Which isn't a bad idea when there are 6 people in your tribe, and if 4 of them want Venus gone what do you do?  I think these smaller tribes ruin any real strategy.  

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

nd Kenzie is already making her alliance-mates Q and Tiffany nervous because of her personality.  What is this, day 3 and this tribe is already completely dysfunctional.  I don't even think Lulu had tears and a defeatist attitude this early last season.

I see Yanu winding up at tribal again this week. 

(edited)

Rule #1:  Trust no one.

Really not liking Tevin and Q

"I thought it would be easy"

Has she ever watched this show???

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 3
Just now, jsm1125 said:

I’m not sure why most of Venus’ tribe has an issue with her?? What are we missing?

I think she sort of hinted at this by saying how she's learned to put up a wall and not show vulnerability and she came into the game with that approach. So it may just be a case of her initial energy turned the other players off and now the distance is too great. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, jsm1125 said:

I’m not sure why most of Venus’ tribe has an issue with her?? What are we missing?

Last week it seemed like Randen's issue was she was out looking for the idol and got caught.  I don't know if he spread that around (because how dare someone out and try to be sneaky when looking for an idol) or if she's just too pretty for new Era Survivor or what.

Venus likely has the 3 guys against her, because Tevin and Hunter have their Andy Griffith alliance, and if Randen still has it out for her they would need one more person to vote with them.  And no one is going to risk a tie vote.

But I'm hoping because it's this early she'll be fine and the target goes to someone else.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jsm1125 said:

Maybe they don’t like that she’s Canadian?  Canadian women won 2 seasons in a row not long ago.  (Jess is semi Canadian…from HK/China and now lives in the US but grew up in Toronto)

2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I do feel for Venus. She's aware enough to understand the dynamics. Also, Tevin seems like A LOT.

I liked him last week, but I kind of hate the King of Survivor attitude already this week.  Also, I had high hopes for Soda, but I hope she isn't just going to always go with the numbers and doesn't have any strategy for herself.  I get it now when her options might be limited, but I don't want her to just follow the majority because it's easy later on.

4 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

With regards to all these photos from Venus’s background and activism, I don’t recall seeing those for other players, do y’all?  It’s like her tears and her talking head perfectly matched the photos that the producers had.  I have no doubt that she is being truthful, but it just seems manipulative compared to what we see for the other players..

They have done that before, it is part of the "new survivor". They did it last season with the woman who revealed she had been in a cult.

7 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Really? I don't. We do see those photos for others. 

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

“I didn’t even cry over meeting Nicolas Cage” needs more context please kthanx.

That should’ve been the episode title.

Is everyone too good to be a Bosley? Everyone has to be Charlie?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So the Siga guys are talking about Maria and her extra vote.  Charlie says that Tim would be a good one to pull her into their fold.

Charlie of course has his alliance with the girls, but feels like he's on the bottom with them.  He wants to tango and since you only need one partner for that, he focuses on Maria since they have connections to both sides.  And is he pulling out the 'Maria and I could control the tribe' card?  Oh, don't even think you two will be Denise and Malcolm 2.0.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“I didn’t even cry over meeting Nicolas Cage” needs more context please kthanx.

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

That should’ve been the episode title.

Came here to post this.

• Like 1

Okay, Tevin can go.  Do not like him.  Find that idol Venus!

Yet Randen thinks he's on the chopping block before Venus and that he needs to the idol more.  And Hunter's just out looking for the idol just because it's a requirement of Survivor I guess.  

• Like 1
(edited)

Heh. Venus gave the idol a Nami headband. Cute.

Randan gets the Beware Advantage. Looks like he’s got the same deal as Tiffany.

Jess is eating ants. Of course she is.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2

We're in S46.  Why are these people surprised at the Beware Advantage?  It's not the first season for that.

Also, seems like they are making this a little easy to find the idols this season.  Randen had to do exactly what Tiffany did, and having them lose a challenge is kind of too easy as well.  Randen could easily throw the challenge so he'd get the clue to the key to open the box.

• Like 1

Shoutout to Malcolm and Denise. I love analogies to former players.

I was hoping Venus would find the clue.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

Okay, Tevin can go.  Do not like him.  Find that idol Venus!

In Tevin's defense, we're not seeing him doing anything egregious, unless I've missed it. We just have Venus' word that she's at the bottom because she and Tevin are not close and he is at the top of the tribe with links to everyone. 

But let's not forget that it was Randan who called out Venus last episode at being sneaky, dangerous and not trustworthy. I think that's why Soda is more spooked about sticking with Venus because it's not just Tevin saying he's not close to her but Randan doesn't trust her either. 

• Like 1

So rather than have to be social around her tribe, Jess decides to eat ants.  I can think of other things you could be doing to get out talking to your tribe, but you do you Jess.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

In Tevin's defense, we're not seeing him doing anything egregious, unless I've missed it. We just have Venus' word that she's at the bottom because she and Tevin are not close and he is at the top of the tribe with links to everyone. 

But let's not forget that it was Randan who called out Venus last episode at being sneaky, dangerous and not trustworthy. I think that's why Soda is more spooked about sticking with Venus because it's not just Tevin saying he's not close to her but Randan doesn't trust her either. 

I guess it was more the look that he gave Venus when she put the little headband on the idol.  But I do realize that could have been clever editing.  I do wonder what Tevin did to make Venus think he's the King around camp.  Outside of his alliance with Hunter and him just seeming like a good guy to be around, I don't know why everyone will just do what he says (that's my impression from what Venus has said).

And I'm also curious why Randen feels on the outs, since he said he needed the idol more than Venus.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

These 90 minute eps are still, some more, TOO LONG.

It's still two hours tonight.  So far, my head is spinning from all the strategy.  We have Bhanu feeling nervous and paranoid, Kenzie playing both sides and Jess throwing her under the bus to her other side, Charlie and Maria thinking they are Denise and Malcolm and going to control the tribe, Venus feeling on the outs because of Tevin, Randen feeling on the outs for some reason, Soda going with the numbers...have I missed anything?

ETA: I actually like the 90 minute format, but two hours is about 30 minutes too long.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

And I'm also curious why Randen feels on the outs, since he said he needed the idol more than Venus.

No one seems to talk to him, either.  It seems like Tevin, Hunter, and Soda are the big three, maybe with Liz along with them, which would put Venus and Randen on the outside.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Is everyone too good to be a Bosley? Everyone has to be Charlie?

I wasn’t aware there’s actually a Charlie in there. In other news, I think I had his shirt once.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Kill me now.

Taylor Swift vs Metallica?

You are much ahead of where my episode is. Ok Green has lost me too.

Edited by dizzyd