Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E03: Lifeline

• Start Topic

sigh, not one of the best episodes, silly premise and totally predictable.  And those "experts," while it was a clever plot point, there are actual experts in forensic sciences that would know all of that information. (and, as a forensic photographer, it bugs me that the photo of the tire tread wasn't 1:1 and there wasn't a scale in the photo).  If the show actually had more than one forensic person, they would have taken care of those exams.  It's one thing about the show that has always bugged me that Abbie and then Kacie are lone lab rats.

5 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

WHY would you name a CIA character WEBB and NOT GIVE HIM A CONNECTION TO CLAYTON WEBB, JAG spinoff show?! Why?

I forgot to mention the whole "Webb" name thing!  I guess in the Bellisario show world the name Webb means CIA

• Like 4
(edited)

Aw, NCIS version of Jumpin’ Jack Flash. As soon as they dug up the account information pointing to Webb, I asked myself which was more likely: he’s guilty or CIA framed him? Only surprise was who. I really thought it would be the smug agent from the beginning of the episode. I really don’t expect anything new from this show, it has been around way too long, but I’d miss it if it ended. (I sort of feel like my parents, watching Bonanza).

Edited by Daff
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I too thought it would be the smug CIA agent.  I must have dozed off for a few seconds because when they arrested the guy I didn't know who it was.

I did like the humor provided by the trading jobs thing.

There is just something about  Kaise that I don't like.  Like in this case she goes from being too timid to want to answer the phone (the woman needing the base police) to working the case when she answers Webb's call (which was only her second phone call).  And it's not like she's competent in field work.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

I too thought it would be the smug CIA agent.  I must have dozed off for a few seconds because when they arrested the guy I didn't know who it was.

There is just something about  Kaise that I don't like.  Like in this case she goes from being too timid to want to answer the phone (the woman needing the base police) to working the case when she answers Webb's call (which was only her second phone call).  And it's not like she's competent in field work.  

I also thought it would be the smug CIA agent.  As far as Kaise goes, the actress makes her very likeable.  I can see her being timid about answering a phone call that may involve life or death but what got her pulled into the case was feeling a connection with the guy who was calling.  Her sense of caring about what happened to him totally overcame any fears she might have had about being in the field.   And remember: this is NCIS world, logic goes out the window pretty fast.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I figured it was the ex-CIA guy as soon as they asked him in for an interview about Webb.  I've seen that actor in a few things and his character's can go either way but once he came in, I ditched my thinking that it was Mr. Suit and Tie CIA Guy.

I can take or leave Kasie so she didn't bother me too much in this one.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I figured it was the ex-CIA guy as soon as they asked him in for an interview about Webb.  I've seen that actor in a few things and his character's can go either way but once he came in, I ditched my thinking that it was Mr. Suit and Tie CIA Guy.

I also figured it was the ex-CIA guy, because I recognize the actor. I couldn't quite place him, but knew it was him as soon as they had him in there.

Per IMDb, he was in an episode of NCIS in season 9 - his wife was killed by CIA Ray.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Fun enough, but still in cliché NCIS flavor.

Guess Vance and Parker can communicate without words now, like Siegfried and Roy. Rocky himself directed this episode.

Kasie can make me tear up with her "I am in fear", " I am all alone" emotional lines, but her chemistry with CIA Webb was nonexistent.

Parker could have been more caring when Kasie invited herself into the massacre scene, but at least he really beat himself up by sending her to get food... And get kidnapped.

• Like 1

Yeah, the B-plot about the job swapping was more entertaining than the A-plot. Does anyone keep track on how many times Kasie got kidnapped/taken hostage? I liked her coats, so that's something.

• Like 2

I get very tired of how many times law enforcement shows end up having some unarmed civilian tag along because "they have to be there!!!!!"  🙄

It goes along with all of these police shows that have to hire a "consultant" to solve the crimes that the actual law enforcement agency can't seem to solve.  

NO Kasie, you Don't Need to Be There! putting the actual gun carriers in danger by distracting them by having to protect you.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 2/27/2024 at 7:51 AM, abbyzenn said:

I haven't like Kasie from day one, and episodes like this one do not help that at all.

On 2/27/2024 at 2:15 PM, 12catcrazy said:

As far as Kaise goes, the actress makes her very likeable.

To me, she makes her really annoying.  Not that I was a big fan of Abby either, with her gazillion quirks.  Can't they find some forensic scientists who aren't weird?

• Like 1
On 2/27/2024 at 4:28 AM, Daff said:

Aw, NCIS version of Jumpin’ Jack Flash.

I came to post the same thing - one of my favorite "guilty pleasure" movies! And NCIS Hawaii did their version of "Point Break" tonight.

• Like 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I haven't like Kasie from day one, and episodes like this one do not help that at all.

To me, she makes her really annoying.  Not that I was a big fan of Abby either, with her gazillion quirks.  Can't they find some forensic scientists who aren't weird?

No, I think a quirky forensic/techie/some other specialty field is a requirement on these shows.

I've liked Kasie from the beginning.  I was getting tired of Abby and wasn't sad to see her leave.

Adding:  

I'm still watching the show.  I'm enjoying the walk-a-mile stuff, but I'm really upset about Palmer. His scene was funny, but I took a shooting class years ago and they didn't issue proper ear protection and I couldn't hear for the rest of the day and my hearing is still impaired.  Sometimes it seems like I'm underwater trying to understand people. Not always, but enough to make me curse that class.  I can't believe they didn't give Palmer proper gear.

Adding more:  

Just got to the part where they bring in the people that they worked with during walk-a-mile.  Fun!  Sincerely doubt they would actually do that and with such good results, but I watch TV for entertainment and it did that.  If I wanted realism, I'd watch the news.

Edited by Johannah
  • Like 4
On 2/29/2024 at 8:29 AM, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Why weren’t the bomber’s prints or Kelly in the system if he was ex NCIS?

Because CIA trope, they always make you a ghost even if you are just resupplying a safe house in semi retirement.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, Poohpoohpooh said:

Kasie can make me tear up with her "I am in fear", " I am all alone" emotional lines, but her chemistry with CIA Webb was nonexistent.

So are we thinking that they will try to make Webb be her next relationship?

• Like 1