Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Not Owning It Yet

• Start Topic

Lexi’s father and owner of the SoCal Independent, Duncan Rhodes, comes into the office and forms a bond with Nell, much to his daughter’s dismay.

Air Date: January 7, 2024

I wonder if he's okay with her using him for a hook up. It looks like he is, but I figure if they're going to make conflict out of this situation, that will be where it happens, i.e. one of them will catch feelings and the other won't.

I loved the moment when Duncan paid Leslie a compliment and how shocked she was by that. And they actually had a nice conversation afterwards.

I also liked Nico Santos as the ghost here. It was very refreshing to see him in a role that is not a horrible human being like his stint on Superstore was.

• Like 2

I am so on board with Lexi/Edward, and I hope it develops into something. 

I just don't get a vibe beyond friendship between Nell and Edward, and him and Lexi have a spark. 

Brad Garrett is excellent casting for Lexi's dad/the owner of the paper. 

• Like 3

I didn't even remember this show existed until it came back on. I know I watched some of the first season because I remember some of the characters, I'm not sure I watched all of it. It's cute. It could perhaps be a tad funnier. There seems to be a strong cross-over with Superstore, casting-wise. Lauren Ash really looks fantastic.

I could totally relate to the dry scones. Who eats those things? It really is like eating a bath bomb.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

This was definitely a good season premiere!

I like the pairing of Lexi/Edward - I hope that sticks, we don't need Nellward. I hope Brad Garrett stays - he's a welcome presence on all shows.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, bros402 said:

This was definitely a good season premiere!

I like the pairing of Lexi/Edward - I hope that sticks, we don't need Nellward. I hope Brad Garrett stays - he's a welcome presence on all shows.

I agree we don’t need Nellward.  For once I’d like to see a male/female relationship where one is not gay. Sometimes, people are just friends!!

• Like 5
(edited)
On 2/8/2024 at 10:49 PM, iMonrey said:

I didn't even remember this show existed until it came back on. I know I watched some of the first season because I remember some of the characters, I'm not sure I watched all of it. It's cute. It could perhaps be a tad funnier. There seems to be a strong cross-over with Superstore, casting-wise. Lauren Ash really looks fantastic.

I could totally relate to the dry scones. Who eats those things? It really is like eating a bath bomb.

One of those foods best eaten fresh out of the oven, otherwise, squirrel food. (Wild birds should not eat bread.)

Edited by Daff
  • Like 1
On 2/8/2024 at 7:30 PM, funnygirl said:

Brad Garrett is excellent casting for Lexi's dad/the owner of the paper. 

I chuckled at his challenge to Edward about not being the tallest in the room for a change. 

• Like 3

I'm glad this got a second season.  It's a fun little show.  Nothing earth shattering in concept or acting, but just a nice show to watch. 

I love Brad Garrett as Lexi's dad.  Have we seen her mother?  I can't remember if she appeared during the first season. 

I'll be honest here...  I don't know why people are even talking about a Nell/Edward romance.  I don't think there's ever been any hint at it in the show, no reason - other than there is a male character and a female character - to assume these two are destined to be together.  But Lexi & Edward - that had spark from the very first time they met, and by the end of last season I was really hoping they'd go from banter to bed.  I like those two together, simply because it's not what you'd expect from either.

I'm hoping we see Martin Mull at least for a few guest appearances this season.

• Like 5