Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: A Feisty Fiesta

• Start Topic

On 12/27/2023 at 11:13 AM, Yours Truly said:

Yup, she alienates her friends when she feels they have not been loyal to her. It's rather abusive in nature. She's pretty much training them to understand that when you haven't performed to her satisfaction in any given situation or conflict she's involved in then she cold shoulders you, excludes you in activities she's participating in with new or other friends, and basically shuns you. Giving you a taste of how it feels to be "unfriended" by her. Of course eventually she'll come around but you are now expected to behave in a way that earns redemption in her eyes all the while making it clear what she expects in the next mean girl situation she gets into and/or creates. It sounds ridiculous but it instills a sense of underlying mindfulness that says "okay if I don't handle this right Kyle is gonna, again, be mad and start this whole shunning thing all over again and I don't want that to happen". It's a very ugly conditioning tactic that we've seen her pull over and over again starting with Kim. 

Just like how Kathy behaves.  I don't know if this is what Kim does.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, princelina said:

That's exactly what she does!  When she was new to the show I remember she invited the gang to some banquet where she was being "honored" and in her speech to the whole crowd she mentioned that she liked all of her new friends - "except one".  Their whole table looked at Kyle and said, "That's you!" and she didn't know what she had done.

I think Garcelle thinks of Kyle and Dorit as just "work friends."

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Just like how Kathy behaves.  I don't know if this is what Kim does.

Well from the footage I've seen I get the impression that the sisters react to Kyle's shading dealings. Not saying they don't have a whole toxic merry go round in place but it seems to me that Kyle tends to Buck the established comfort zones and pushes passed established family boundaries and the sisters react/push back. 

Kyle has made it clear that she's "victimized" because she doesn't want to keep family secrets, cover for this one or that one but I'm always left wondering... Why is she so hell bent on disclosing all that damaging information so publicly in the first place? I've never truly got on board this whole idea that it's okay to air EVERY and ALL details of one's life and add the fact that she seems to think it should be her prerogative to include information that's not necessarily hers alone to share and I get why the sisters take turns not speaking to her. 

Seems to me that Kathy gets in her feels when Kyle goes overboard in the sharing department. Not only does Kyle overshare she seems to put a spin on things to imply this or that or outright accuse. Honestly it just feels like a YEARS LONG venting session at this point. 

I'm always left with the feeling that Kyle's need to overshare is purely out of spite and spite alone and that's a whole lot different than wanting to do if for healing purposes. She does it to get back at people and that's all there is to it. At least to me anyway. 

Not saying she's the only one but I feel like she's the most elaborate and ongoing of the sisters that continues to AIR, AIR, AIR...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I've never truly got on board this whole idea that it's okay to air EVERY and ALL details of one's life and add the fact that she seems to think it should be her prerogative to include information that's not necessarily hers alone to share and I get why the sisters take turns not speaking to her. .....

I'm always left with the feeling that Kyle's need to overshare is purely out of spite and spite alone and that's a whole lot different than wanting to do if for healing purposes. She does it to get back at people and that's all there is to it. At least to me anyway. 

I swear we're mind twins. I agree with everything you said here, but wanted to highlight these sections.

This is what bugs me about Kyle because I've always felt her oversharing was done with the intention of making her sisters look awful, and this is why they each cut her off at various points in their lives. 

I do believe the Richards sisters have a genuine love for one another. At least as far as they are capable of loving one another (and this is the fault of their mother).

Kyle's tendency to overshare reflects what a lot of people do when they're online and active on social media. 

I like open and honest people as well, but I think many lack the ability to read the room before deciding to overshare.

I can't speak for others, but people who overshare in that regard tend to make me feel uncomfortable. I mean, if we're close friends and confidants, that's one thing. If we're casual friends and acquaintances, then it comes across as awkward. Then again, for whatever reason, I'm the person that others like to unload their personal stuff onto. This isn't a brag, but sometimes I wonder if some find it easier to tell personal info to those who have no real stake in their lives. I don't know. It's always been weird to me and it's not something I do in return.

Anyway, I'm sliding off-topic, but Kyle's need to overshare has always bugged me. Kim and Kathy have their issues too, but I don't blame them for not wanting personal info about themselves out there via Kyle.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4

Yikes! Denise must be on the show to boost business on onlyfans - otherwise, she’d be a fool to come back to RH with both herself and daughter on that site. 

Also, buh-bye shit-stirrer Dorit - good riddance.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Well from the footage I've seen I get the impression that the sisters react to Kyle's shading dealings. Not saying they don't have a whole toxic merry go round in place but it seems to me that Kyle tends to Buck the established comfort zones and pushes passed established family boundaries and the sisters react/push back. 

Kyle has made it clear that she's "victimized" because she doesn't want to keep family secrets, cover for this one or that one but I'm always left wondering... Why is she so hell bent on disclosing all that damaging information so publicly in the first place? I've never truly got on board this whole idea that it's okay to air EVERY and ALL details of one's life and add the fact that she seems to think it should be her prerogative to include information that's not necessarily hers alone to share and I get why the sisters take turns not speaking to her. 

Seems to me that Kathy gets in her feels when Kyle goes overboard in the sharing department. Not only does Kyle overshare she seems to put a spin on things to imply this or that or outright accuse. Honestly it just feels like a YEARS LONG venting session at this point. 

Not saying she's the only one but I feel like she's the most elaborate and ongoing of the sisters that continues to AIR, AIR, AIR...

I agree with everything you said.  I notice that Kyle has what looks like an obsessive need for validation.  I think she exposes her family to get it.  She does this as if she is certain when everyone sees what she sees everyone will agree she is right, that she is the GOOD one, everyone around her is WRONG.  She even does it to friends (LVP for one.  She acted like if she just documented enough as to why she believed her to be a liar the world would agree.) It's not about healing at all because it destroys the relationship in the process.  I don't know if she understands that. 

It probably stems from somewhere in her young life where she just never felt acknowledged enough or her feelings never validated enough when she actually was right.  Now it is such over compensation that she damages the relationships she has and friendships she creates with this behavior.  Then she cries because she doesn't really want that to be the ending and as she fails to get public support feels victimized by the fact that she creates distance between her and family and friends.  I just can't imagine a marriage surviving her behavior as no partner could possibly satisfy her need to be right about everything.  That's how it comes off on tv anyway.

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

After this episode it’s pretty clear that Sutton doesn’t get a second date because she can’t get over herself long enough to connect. 

It surprises me how women who come out of long marriages with divorce seem to think they need to jump into the dating scene and recreate their twenties.  I suppose loneliness has something to do with it but it might be better for her to just live her life and see who enters it in the process.  This dating thing looks so desperate and sad. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

It surprises me how women who come out of long marriages with divorce seem to think they need to jump into the dating scene and recreate their twenties.  I suppose loneliness has something to do with it but it might be better for her to just live her life and see who enters it in the process.  This dating thing looks so desperate and sad. 

I think Sutton's dating is all for storyline - if she really wanted to meet someone she wouldn't be asking them to meet her on camera for an awkward first date for her reality show 😄

As for Kyle, I think Kim and Kathy are the assholes and she's tired of them.  I think she took a lot of care of Kim and her kids while Kim was drinking, and here's what that's like:  if your friend was late at an appointment or something, and asked you to pick up her kid at the last minute, the friend would be so thankful.  When you're doing it regularly for an addict, you have to pretend like nothing was out of the ordinary at all, to them AND the other family members like Kathy who aren't around.  Addicts are great at pity parties, and playing family members off against one another.  Kyle's the one who started this show and I'm sure the Bravo producers were way more anxious to get Kim on board than Kyle was.  Then Kim comes along and makes an ass out of herself; the other ladies always wondering what's wrong; Kyle's all worried about what's going to happen next while she gets accused on camera of coming between Kim and her kids, stealing her house, etc.  It wasn't Kyle's fault that Kim's daughter wanted to spend the summer at her dad's.  Kathy's a known asshole who didn't invite half of Kyle's family to her daughter's big deal wedding even though some of the girls were in it!  And also a known reality tv person, and i'm sure that once again Bravo was more excited to have her on than Kyle was.  And she comes on with her little Rose Nylund act and everyone acts like she's so sweet and cute, but she couldn't even go 2 seasons without showing her true colors.  I can't stand either of them and for all of her faults, I'm Team Kyle when it comes to those two.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/30/2023 at 2:00 PM, princelina said:

I think Sutton's dating is all for storyline - if she really wanted to meet someone she wouldn't be asking them to meet her on camera for an awkward first date for her reality show 😄

As for Kyle, I think Kim and Kathy are the assholes and she's tired of them.  I think she took a lot of care of Kim and her kids while Kim was drinking, and here's what that's like:  if your friend was late at an appointment or something, and asked you to pick up her kid at the last minute, the friend would be so thankful.  When you're doing it regularly for an addict, you have to pretend like nothing was out of the ordinary at all, to them AND the other family members like Kathy who aren't around.  Addicts are great at pity parties, and playing family members off against one another.  Kyle's the one who started this show and I'm sure the Bravo producers were way more anxious to get Kim on board than Kyle was.  Then Kim comes along and makes an ass out of herself; the other ladies always wondering what's wrong; Kyle's all worried about what's going to happen next while she gets accused on camera of coming between Kim and her kids, stealing her house, etc.  It wasn't Kyle's fault that Kim's daughter wanted to spend the summer at her dad's.  Kathy's a known asshole who didn't invite half of Kyle's family to her daughter's big deal wedding even though some of the girls were in it!  And also a known reality tv person, and i'm sure that once again Bravo was more excited to have her on than Kyle was.  And she comes on with her little Rose Nylund act and everyone acts like she's so sweet and cute, but she couldn't even go 2 seasons without showing her true colors.  I can't stand either of them and for all of her faults, I'm Team Kyle when it comes to those two.

I recommend watching Season 2 of Paris In Love to understand Kathy more.  There is a conversation about Kyle's father and Kathy's relationship with him and what happened after the divorce that literally made me understand her better and understand her reactions to arguments.

All I can say is I would not change places with any of them despite the tremendous amounts of wealth.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/25/2023 at 10:36 AM, politichick said:

If Sutton was regularly over indulging, believe me, the producers would be all over it. We'd probably also see Garcelle having a word with her. The day Avi tried to get her to drink tea was the day she was very upset over the London/James news from her husband.

Also, it was Garcelle who first asked if the new ring was a make up gift.

Like Sutton, I was grossed out by that Magic Mike "show." If Kyle had minded her own fucking business, the situation would not have blown up like that.

When she made the future accomplishments comment, she was, in her awkward way saying, talk about me all you want since you apparently have nothing better to do but I'm gonna keep on steppin' as the saying goes. 

All of that said, the dress was a weird choice for that party and the weather. And kissing the driver is a very odd choice, but whatever.

I clapped when Garcelle finally reacted strongly to Dorit's comments. Dorit has NEVER spoken to the other women the way she does to Garcelle or used words like attack or bully. And I don't blame her for choosing to not educate the stupid bitch. It's 2023 and she should know better. Maybe she should have a sit down with her mother's best friend, who's black if you didn't know. And I would bet my head that Dorit is emerald green with envy that Sutton is filthy rich and her and PK's finances are precarious at best. If D&P divorced, Dorit would be renting out Gina's old casita or back home with her parents.

I've always been kind of fond of Dorit, but I'm done with her now. Laughed with glee when she hightailed it out of Crystal's house. Speaking of, why did Crystal stammer when asked about the vodka in coffee comment? She's been witty and fun in her confessionals, but in person is a hot mess.

I wouldn't say Dorit is an outright racist, but it's very telling and ignorant as fuck that she thinks it's okay to speak to Garcelle the way she does and describe her interactions in such a strikingly different way than she does the others.

Love "a let them eat cake moron."

I think we need a peek of this driver.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 12/27/2023 at 1:27 PM, tranquilidade said:

I love how Garcelle owns all her statements even when there is push back.  The others all try to deny and spin the truth.  They are cowards including big mouth Erika who thinks she is the toughest one of all.   It was great how editing showed Dorit making the coffee remark.  

Erika was abusive to Denise trying to sex shame her.    This from a woman who married an old man for money but couldn't keep him interested.  This from a woman who could care less who her deadbeat husband stole from as long as her vanity project was funded.    She is the bully of the show using humiliation as her weapon.  Denise was pushed into explaining why she felt awkward around Erika and instead of taking the opportunity to end it she made it worse.  She seems insanely jealous over Denise's good looks and successful career and the fact that people actually like her.  

Plus I don't ever see Erika pulling in the $ that Denise does on OnlyFans.  Maybe this blew Erika's plans to join knowing she would never make as much.  But honestly, it is really rich that Erika is sex shaming anyone.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dorit yelling at Sutton, then saying Garcelle “attacked” her when Garcelle was calmly explaining why Dorit was full of shit by going after Sutton.

Got it. If you don’t let Dorit have the floor at all times, and if you dare disagree with her, she’s being attacked. She looked so ridiculous in that scene. Totally clueless, and no, Dorit, even if Garcelle had explained to you the issue behind “attack” as if you were a child, it still wouldn’t have sunk in.

Just shut the fuck up, already! Please!

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4

Erika Jayne out there calmly and eloquently explaining the landscape of racial privilege was more of a surprise than Sutton having made out with her driver! 

• LOL 3
On 12/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Is Denise a moron? 

Right?! I know Denise is a fan favorite, but I don’t know what she expected to happen when she came back and dredged up tired shit from three years ago with Erika. The fact that Erika not only let it go at Kyle’s dinner party but even apologized was a GIFT HORSE that Denise looked squarely in the mouth. So then for Denise to come back and try AGAIN?? Girl. I fully agree that kids should be off limits but Denise’s kid is an adult now and *Denise* is the one who keeps bringing the topic of her kids back into conversation. Erika was vicious, and is an asshole, but I have zero sympathy for Denise here. 

• Like 3
On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, ladle said:

Right?! I know Denise is a fan favorite, but I don’t know what she expected to happen when she came back and dredged up tired shit from three years ago with Erika. The fact that Erika not only let it go at Kyle’s dinner party but even apologized was a GIFT HORSE that Denise looked squarely in the mouth. So then for Denise to come back and try AGAIN?? Girl. I fully agree that kids should be off limits but Denise’s kid is an adult now and *Denise* is the one who keeps bringing the topic of her kids back into conversation. Erika was vicious, and is an asshole, but I have zero sympathy for Denise here. 

I like Denise a lot. She's a sweet person, but she's not cut out for Housewives one bit. 

• Like 3
On 1/21/2024 at 7:48 PM, ladle said:

The fact that Erika not only let it go at Kyle’s dinner party but even apologized was a GIFT HORSE that Denise looked squarely in the mouth. So then for Denise to come back and try AGAIN?? Girl. I fully agree that kids should be off limits but Denise’s kid is an adult now and *Denise* is the one who keeps bringing the topic of her kids back into conversation. Erika was vicious, and is an asshole, but I have zero sympathy for Denise here. 

I’d agree fully with that, except for the fact that Denise was quietly sitting minding her own business, when it was Dorit who started it all up again, throwing her under the bus to take the heat of the moment off of herself. I just wish Denise didn’t take that obvious bait. She could have waved Dorito off and told her to keep her baiting to herself and mind her own business. 
Denise probably did not get the closure she wanted from the night where she wore her coat upside down because she was too inebriated to remember that Erica gave her an apology that night…. And thats on her. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I’d agree fully with that, except for the fact that Denise was quietly sitting minding her own business, when it was Dorit who started it all up again, throwing her under the bus to take the heat of the moment off of herself. I just wish Denise didn’t take that obvious bait. She could have waved Dorito off and told her to keep her baiting to herself and mind her own business. 
Denise probably did not get the closure she wanted from the night where she wore her coat upside down because she was too inebriated to remember that Erica gave her an apology that night…. And thats on her. 

I’d have to rewatch to be sure, but I thought Denise told Garcelle in the car ride over that she planned to talk to Erika? Garcelle had mentioned that Erika didn’t know what she had apologized for (so, Denise definitely knew she apologized), and Denise said she wanted to clarify or something like that. (Why, girl, WHYY?) Believe me, I’d love to blame Dorit for this, as I loathe this woman, but it seemed like this was set to go down that night, regardless of who brought it up. 

• Like 3

Randomish thoughts.

I don't think Denise knew what she was mad about at the dinner party where she was high and wearing her jacket on upside down. I think she was maybe acting at first, and then got confused and forgot what was happening, and thought she was mad. She wasn't tracking anything. The whole thing was dumb, but it was "fun" to see Denise so messed up even though I wonder how healthy she is. 

I don't think anyone is jealous, today of Denise. Except Lisa Rinna who is jealous of everyone.

Kyle needs to find something better to do than watch how much her friends and family eat, drink, and question if they did or didn't "imbibe" beforehand. She's so judgmental. 

I don't understand Kim, Kyle and Kathy as sisters, but Kathy treats Kyle like Kyle treats Kim. 

• Like 2