Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Take Me Out To The Hockey Game

• Start Topic

Just caught the first three episodes.  They are AWESOME!!!!

I like Kristin for some reason and I'm happy to see her back.  If she has moved on from the Ashley Madison deal, I can too.  Move on ladies.

If Kelly agreed to come on this trip to rehab her image, it really, really isn't working.  Wonder if we'll see Scary Island Part Deux before it is all over.

Can't wait to catch the next episode since we left it with Dorinda wondering if Kelly was crazy after seeing the first Scary Island and Kelly countered with Dorinda drinking.  Too funny.  Unleash, Dorinda, unleash!

Glad to see Sonja is keeping it classy (not) but props to her for swimming naked when she said she really needed to take a shower.  Keep those pool chemicals coming!

So much more to add.  I'm loving this girls trip!

• Like 8

Watching Dorinda watch Scary Island while in the Scary Island house is wild. 😅 These are the unhinged gems only OG RHONY can deliver. I'm shocked that Kristin, the Housewives super fan, has never seen Scary Island. That should be mandatory viewing for every Housewives fan. 

New drinking game: Drink every time someone says "Rangers". 😵‍💫

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would.  Kelly looks like Caitlyn Jenner.   I feel sorry for her because I gave her the benefit of the doubt on Scary Island, but she hasn't grown from that at all.  She should never have returned to the show.  Wonder if she is as much of a real estate success as she claims.  I'd tend to doubt it, as she is so hard to deal with.   For all her talk about being in the present, she never seems to be able to hold a normal conversation.  She also seems to forget that she lived in that gorgeous Police Building apartment courtesy of Giles B, and must have gotten some change from that beautiful Southampton home.    

I'm enjoying Lu.  She looks fabulous.  I get a little nervous when she thinks she can drink a glass or two of wine.   Ramona is being Ramona, forgetting names and places, being late, botching words.  

Sonja's act is a bit stale to be.  She's showing desperation.  

Kirsten is fun.  I like her.  

Dorinda is a little too conscious of being on pause.  

All in all a success, and I'm happy Bravo didn't table it because of the Ramona situation.  It's better than the revamped NYC. 

• Like 15
On 12/16/2023 at 5:27 AM, weaver said:

I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would.  Kelly looks like Caitlyn Jenner.   I feel sorry for her because I gave her the benefit of the doubt on Scary Island, but she hasn't grown from that at all.  She should never have returned to the show.  Wonder if she is as much of a real estate success as she claims.  I'd tend to doubt it, as she is so hard to deal with.   For all her talk about being in the present, she never seems to be able to hold a normal conversation.  She also seems to forget that she lived in that gorgeous Police Building apartment courtesy of Giles B, and must have gotten some change from that beautiful Southampton home.    

I'm enjoying Lu.  She looks fabulous.  I get a little nervous when she thinks she can drink a glass or two of wine.   Ramona is being Ramona, forgetting names and places, being late, botching words.  

Sonja's act is a bit stale to be.  She's showing desperation.  

Kirsten is fun.  I like her.  

Dorinda is a little too conscious of being on pause.  

All in all a success, and I'm happy Bravo didn't table it because of the Ramona situation.  It's better than the revamped NYC. 

I think Kelly's ego and willingness to shmooze with those she believe are of her ilk carries her through a lot of situations. And I have to believe her turn as a real estate agent was offered to her due to her connections and that she gets a lot of...help. She's too unfocused, too quick to anger and tells a lot of easily exposed lies. She forgets she used to brag about Giles on RH and that we've seen her homes. And the Scary Island episodes.

Although I do not understand her choice of spouse, I've always liked Kristen and I'm glad she's standing up to everyone. I felt she was always a target of jealousy and I know there was some chatter about the HWs not all "deserving" the same salary but if Kristen is going to have her life blown up for nine episodes, hand her that cash.

• Like 12

I get the impression  Kelly didn't  like seeing  herself,  but she has said she isn't  as confident  as people  think she is.

I don't  mind Kristen,  there's  just so about her, I can't  connect  with.

Sonja is talking  about couch surfing,  but then she says she never  leaves her house.

• Like 7

I think this franchise is the worst about talking over each other and not listening. Drives me nuts! Kelly and Kristens argument about whether Kristen is a 'host' (rolling my eyes at the typical Kelly odd labeling that she sticks with come hell or high water) and Kristen trying to explain, then Kelly goes for the jugular about Kristens husband being on the Somebody Madison dating site and everyone piling on left and right with their opinions-- some for and against Kristen's explanation of how she dealt with it-- and no one letting Kristen tell just HOW she felt about it...  Drives me nuts!  But I still found the show very watchable :) 

I find it highly questionable that Kelly is selling real estate without someone's supervision. I remember the episode where she tried to make pancakes from a box for her daughters and couldn't follow the recipe or make them without burning them! Not adding up to me. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I find it really odd that women who are getting paid to be on a television show would insult someone for watching that show. KBB still really has that I'm up here, you're down there energy going, which is a shame.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, lasu said:

I find it really odd that women who are getting paid to be on a television show would insult someone for watching that show. KBB still really has that I'm up here, you're down there energy going, which is a shame.

Kelly has always had some weird hangups and hasn't changed IMO. She keeps calling Kristen a "fan" and a "host." Remember when she kept saying Betheny was a cook, not a chef? At least Kristen admits she watches the show instead of some of the women that come on and pretend they've never watched.

• Like 12

Kristen is turning out to be the voice of the audience...which is what she was in her 2 seasons on the show originally.

Kelly is uncomfortable about Kristen because she knows she will be called out if she lies about something that was shown on the show.  

Maybe future seasons should be focused on each franchise specifically. 

Lastly... aren't all the women on 'pause'..not just Dorinda?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Kelly has always had some weird hangups and hasn't changed IMO. She keeps calling Kristen a "fan" and a "host." Remember when she kept saying Betheny was a cook, not a chef? At least Kristen admits she watches the show instead of some of the women that come on and pretend they've never watched.

That's right-at least Kristen admits she's watched the show! You know good and well that ALL of them have watched every episode so they'd be up to date on how everyone acts or what their personality is. Who would go on a reality show without knowing what it's about? And the Scary Island episodes got so much attention you know everyone has watched. Dorinda is a gas bag, so full of herself with that little smile and casually saying, "Well, I'll guess I'd better watch Scary Island to catch up..." as if she hasn't probably watched it twice. I can't see her up in her bedroom watching the 3 hrs without nodding off for 3/4 of it -- no way she caught up. 

I want to like Dorinda like I did when she first came on but I always end up wanting to gag her mouth and shut the old lush up. (sorry for the mean-spirited comment) 

• Like 9
7 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

And to absolutely no one’s surprise, Kelly Bensimon is still insane. 

There is definitely something off about her! Is it substances, mental illness, just generally oddness? Whatever, she's not helping herself much on here. 

Watching these women makes me wonder why the Bravo producers thought going with a total reboot of NYC was a good idea. I didn't watch the new women. I like the OGs. 

Agree that all these women have seen Scary Island. Dorinda, you're not fooling anyone. I'm glad Kristen's marriage survived. That must have been a tough period for her. 

I caught a few glimpses of angry, drunk Dorinda clawing at the door. Wonder if she'll break free sometime this season. Oh and Dorinda, say "pause" if you want. You were fired like all the others. Kristen got it right. 

• Like 8
(edited)
On 12/16/2023 at 12:01 AM, funnygirl said:

Watching Dorinda watch Scary Island while in the Scary Island house is wild. 😅 These are the unhinged gems only OG RHONY can deliver. I'm shocked that Kristin, the Housewives super fan, has never seen Scary Island. That should be mandatory viewing for every Housewives fan. 

New drinking game: Drink every time someone says "Rangers". 😵‍💫

But Dorinda was “watching” while applying her makeup! I need to watch and only watch, with no distractions. And I rewind dozens of times to hear the dialogue I missed.

If Kirsten has not watched Scary Island, then what she asserts is true. She only watches episodes/seasons when her friends were cast members.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2

Kelly continues to baffle me.

She is a unique combination of the following:

arrogant (perhaps masking severe insecurity)

aggressive

eager to please

stupid

judgmental and critical (lashing out with puzzling, meritless accusations that she repeats to try to calm herself)

inconsistent

childlike

delusional

ignorant

She might have ADHD. I think, perhaps subconsciously, she realizes that individuals only ever paid attention to her because she was once quite stunning. Now that she has to rely on her other qualities, her life is disappointing. She often feels isolated and lost. She hates when someone contradicts her. But this happens often. Her survival instincts kick in to try to deflect and to attempt to receive even negative attention.

Ramona and Sonja asked talk-show-host-like questions, too.

Sorry for not presenting my thoughts in a more coherent manner. Watching and rewinding Kelly over and over is frying my brain. 

• Like 3

Sometimes I like Kelly, but she has been a real asshole so far. And her bragging about how she did everything on her own so no other woman has a right to feel any kind of pride in their accomplishments because it pales in comparison to what Kelly has achieved is delusional.

I loved one of the women breaking it down- oh here we go again, Kelly is jealous and lashing out.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/7/2024 at 8:38 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

WWHL: Ryan Serhant claims that Kelly is doing very well as a real estate agent. 

If this is true, nothing makes sense anymore. 

Her name sells real estate. And her name and connections got her hired at a high end company (Douglas Elliman).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2