Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E12: The Ex-Girlfriend at the Wedding LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, iMonrey said:

I'm finding it hard to root for Dee, and I'm not sure why. I think a lot of it has to do with editing because she seemed way too cocky way too early in the game.

I have a love/hate relationship with her.  She's annoyed me tonight, but I don't dislike her, either.  I can't tell if she thinks she's better than everyone or is really playing this masterful game where she's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.  Which is kind of true but I think kind of not, too.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I'm finding it hard to root for Dee, and I'm not sure why. I think a lot of it has to do with editing because she seemed way too cocky way too early in the game.

I get that. I think, for me, the reason why I like Dee and fight a bit harder to defend her because we've had plenty of cocky men in Survivor and many of them have been well liked. I don't see Dee's behaviour being different than any of those past players who are liked, but I fully see why people do not like her. I guess I don't mind because she's one of the few women who have been able to successfully dominate and not be targeted for not being meek or a follower or invisible. 

• Like 3

I think I just lack enthusiasm for any of the four Reba because they've been running the table for so long. It will probably come down to Katurah this week. There just aren't any real surprises anymore.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It will probably come down to Katurah this week.

I think the shot of her ball rolling into the ocean was artistic foreshadowing. Still, I wish they’d blindside Austin. 

Edited by Haleth
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I get that. I think, for me, the reason why I like Dee and fight a bit harder to defend her because we've had plenty of cocky men in Survivor and many of them have been well liked. I don't see Dee's behaviour being different than any of those past players who are liked, but I fully see why people do not like her. I guess I don't mind because she's one of the few women who have been able to successfully dominate and not be targeted for not being meek or a follower or invisible. 

She lost points for me for getting with Austin lol-but at the same time, I don't know that she has the same type of loyalty to him that he has to her.  I think Dee is very much looking out for the best interest of her game, and I can appreciate that.  And I think she's been playing more of a strategic game which I like, because I hate social gamers.  I do think she comes across more cocky than she's probably earned, but you raise a very good point about the double standard.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

She lost points for me for getting with Austin lol-but at the same time, I don't know that she has the same type of loyalty to him that he has to her.  I think Dee is very much looking out for the best interest of her game, and I can appreciate that.  And I think she's been playing more of a strategic game which I like, because I hate social gamers.  I do think she comes across more cocky than she's probably earned, but you raise a very good point about the double standard.

It all depends how she handles adversity with Austin in this endgame. She's now voicing potentially blindsiding Austin, so if she does that, then I think I can get past this annoying showmance.

• Like 1

Wow, Julie/Dee's relationship really is the best kept secret out there.  I guess Dee's a better actress than I thought.  Jake and Katurah don't realize that taking Julie and Austin to the final 5 is going to be a really bad idea, since Dee is tight with Julie and Austin.

• Like 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Expand  

She lost points for me for getting with Austin-but at the same time, I don't know that she has the same type of loyalty to him that he has to her.  I think Dee is very much looking out for the best interest of her game, and I can appreciate that.  And I think she's been playing more of a strategic game which I like, because I hate social gamers.

To be fair, this year's competition is average at best, generously speaking.  Yes other folks, mainly men have dominated in the past, but their competition was a lot better, and those were longer seasons.

Dee can only play who's on the season, but I think I might respect people like Parvati and Lacina instead.  However, she's playing a very good game which I can't say about anyone else at this point.  As mentioned, I can take her or leave her; it's Survivor

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

It all depends how she handles adversity with Austin in this endgame. She's now voicing potentially blindsiding Austin, so if she does that, then I think I can get past this annoying showmance.

I'm wondering if she's really going to blindside him.  Because if so, that is a great play when he told her about Julie (and ruined that blindside), but she's not telling him about Drew.

• Like 3

This Drew vote does seem too easy.  The show is really cutting deep by giving Drew this cocky edit in the same episode where he talked about being picked last on the playground if he does get voted off.

I'm actually hoping she doesn't tell Austin.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Carey said:

To be fair, this year's competition is average at best, generously speaking.  Yes other folks, mainly men have dominated in the past, but their competition was a lot better, and those were longer seasons.

I think there's been some decent players, and I think at least we've seen Dee's strategy behind some moves. I think, even on another season with some better players, she could still do well. I don't want to discredit Dee because it's not like she's floating or stumbling into good gameplay; she really is putting in the work and I do think it could work in other seasons. It helps the men underestimate her instead of feeling threatened by her, which is something dominant women on Survivor run into more often than not, but that's something she can't really help.

I think she's managing her threat level fairly well. She SHOULD be a threat since she's been vocal in her plans, but even her own allies underesimate her. Part of it is definitely bad players, but part of it is her doing a good job. I mean, if Emily and Kaleb didn't really see Dee's threat level or see it in the way they should have, that should be a big sign that she's not doing a terrible job.

Look at how Katurah ran straight to Dee to tell her about the plan. I feel like that counts for something.

But I just like strategic gameplay, especially when it comes from women.

• Like 3

I am curious to see Austin's face from his couch watching this edit and how it played out. Because chile, he looks like a straight up chump. Fucked up an easy blindside by telling Dee and now she may help engineer the blindside of his other number 1. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, willco said:

Is it early to go to tribal ? Maybe there is a 3-3 split ?

I was just thinking that.  This Drew vote seems too easy so I'm wondering if there's an idol play or there's another blindside coming.  

Edited by LadyChatts
1 minute ago, willco said:

Is it early to go to tribal ? Maybe there is a 3-3 split ?

Not really. There's 15 minutes left. If they draw out Probst's questioning to hype up the tension, it could still end up being an easy vote. 

If Drew is blindsided, I can't wait for the jury's reaction. I have a feeling they're going to love that one. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this is pretty early for TC to start.  I wonder if we'll see a game of telephone (please no), maybe some conflict and then a cut to a commercial.

As a side note, I like that the jury isn't entirely all smiles this season.  I hope we get some bitterness.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, this is pretty early for TC to start.  I wonder if we'll see a game of telephone (please no), maybe some conflict and then a cut to a commercial.

Or Bruce & Emily will violate Survivor law to give their 14 minutes of their own thoughts, which might result in this episode actually being TO BE CONTINUED

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The jury is totally telegraphing Dee is winning if she gets to the end.

My issue with Dee is that she smirks, not smiles.

Meh.  It goes both ways.  You're not wrong about that.  On the other hand, I sorta enjoy a so-called "villain" if you'd call her one