Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: ATM

jenrising
  • Start Topic

Teacher has become too muscular. Too stiff for some of the things he needs to do.

He was lucky the carjacker wasn’t watching him. Also, those dealers were really slow on the draw.

This season has started slow. But glad it’s back.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1

My spouse loves this show so is happy it’s back. This episode had a ton of action. The actress who plays the main woman in this episode is really hard to understand. I had to put the captions on. I could get all the other dialogue, just not hers. I don’t have a hearing issue, I think it was her voice or how she was miked.

Reacher is back!  Or as I read best described elsewhere, an A+ version of a B/C level show.  It won't be breaking barriers or wowing me in any real way, but it is nothing if not entertaining.

I knew Reacher and Neagley were the only returning players here, so I'm curious to see if I'll warm up to the new cast as much as I did the Margrave crew.  Having the victims being part of Reacher's unit certainly makes it personal again, to put it mildly.  Looks like Dixon and O'Donnell will be the main players for now.  Totally are setting up Dixon as another love interest, which the Smallville viewer in me finds amusing, since this means we might end up watching Aquaman and Zatanna hook-up!

Certainly won't complain about a Robert Patrick appearance!  I wonder if he'll end up being a bad guy, or if there is some kind of twist going on with him?  Also recognized Domenick Lombardozzi as one of the henchmen.  Between him and Serinda Swan this season, plus Malcom Goodwin in the first one, they just need to get Laz Alonso, Jimmi Simpson, and Brooke Nelvin at some point, and the entire Breakout Kings gang will be here!

Not sure what the deal is going on with the mysterious, murderous dude, outside of being set up as a physical rival for Reacher.

Lets see how many broken bones, punches to the face, and other various bodily harms will be in store for us this season!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Msample said:

Robert Patrick not knowing who the hell Sadah Connor was; hilarious Easter egg.

For me it was one of those telegraphed jokes you saw coming. But something is up with baseball, first his knowing some random MLB player's name then later going into the Pittsburg Pirates from before Franz was born.  And Tom Cruise with Pittsburg certainly came to mind.

I concluded from the first season that the author knew nothing about the real US Army, with an officers club barfight out of a Black Sheep Squadron episode just further confirms that feeling. About the only thing right was Reacher's saying it would have been inappropriate to have hooked up with Major Dixon. But her posture was selling that Neagley was willing to romp right then.  I just saw on The Irrational and I remember the movie the Summer of 42 that people do react that way out of grief.

Edited by Raja
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Totally are setting up Dixon as another love interest, which the Smallville viewer in me finds amusing, since this means we might end up watching Aquaman and Zatanna hook-up!

I didn't remember she was Zatanna,  I remembered her as Medusa from Inhumans.

I really liked this episode, it hooked me from the start.  Much faster than the first season and I'm already interested in this group.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Ottis said:

Teacher has become too muscular. Too stiff for some of the things he needs to do.

Ritchson had that stiff gait in the 1st season.  I thought it was related to an injury, but perhaps it's deliberate - part of the character. He does seem more tan, though, which struck me as odd.

I'm not that interested in the IS team, and of course the annoying wiseass dude is the one who resurfaces. I'm sure the murder(s) will be some absurd conspiracy. 

Dialogue is as stilted as I remember from the 1st season.  I usually don't mind some exposition, but yeesh.  Malcolm Goodwin as Findlay was a good foil against Reacher. Don't have that, at least not in this episode.     

I did crack up at Neagley and Reacher's facial expressions at the widow's house when that weird children's show was playing. "I'd like a banana..."

I'm debating whether to wait until the rest of the season is available and watch.  This one didn't grab me.    

• Like 2

This one didn't grab me either.  I tried watching it twice last night and gave up and watched something else.  The opening scene in the thrift store was everything I loved about the first season and then my interest clocked out. 

50 minutes ago, dleighg said:

The passport guy looked so familiar to me so I looked him up. Ferdinand Kingsley. Yup, he looks like his dad.

He does! He played the head chef to Queen Victoria in “Victoria” (originally BBC, I think) a few years ago, with Jenna Coleman in the titular role.

Edited by Capricasix
On 12/15/2023 at 9:19 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I'm not that interested in the IS team, and of course the annoying wiseass dude is the one who resurfaces. I'm sure the murder(s) will be some absurd conspiracy. 

Dialogue is as stilted as I remember from the 1st season.

That's the MO from the books. They are all written very plainly, almost stilted, I suppose to mimic how Reacher thinks. And there is a long red herring "investigation" and then a twist at the end. They are great beach books. 

On 12/16/2023 at 8:46 AM, Cementhead said:

This one didn't grab me either.

It's tough, because we don't care about these new characters. THEY all clearly care about each other, and the series is trying to catch us up. But it isn't giving us much reason to care beyond the fact Reacher cares. Need something at risk, or in danger, besides themselves

• Like 3
On 12/15/2023 at 8:51 AM, Raja said:

. But something is up with baseball, first his knowing some random MLB player's name then later going into the Pittsburg Pirates from before Franz was born.  And Tom Cruise with Pittsburg certainly came to mind.

In the books, Reacher knows all the baseball statistics and players from way back. He uses them frequently when checking into motels, etc.

2 minutes ago, margol29 said:

In the books, Reacher knows all the baseball statistics and players from way back. He uses them frequently when checking into motels, etc.

So a more involved Sam Axe of Burn Notice and his Chuck Finely cover.

Well, hubby and I started the new season tonight. They seem to be doing a better job (in some scenes, anyway) of making Reacher seem like he's supposed to be this giant compared to other people. He was towering over some of the dudes who looked like they were pretty big guys themselves.

On the downside, the dialogue is a SNOOZE. I don't remember it being this boring last season. Hopefully it will pick up. 

I live roughly an hour away from Mufreesboro and there is literally no way someone would get carjacked in the middle of the day in small town Arkansas. It just would not happen. One of the bigger cities, maybe, but not somewhere like Murfreesboro. There would have been half a dozen people who would have recognized the woman and/or her car and stepped in and kicked that guy's ass before Reacher ever got out of the thrift store.