Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Safety Dance

• Start Topic

The chef and a crew member clash; romance blossoms, bringing two yachties closer together; the chief stew's frustration grows as her new team member struggles with the workload; Capt. Sandy loses her patience with the bosun.

Airdate: 12/04/2023

Sandy tells Lily it’s a job.

But the crew are encouraged to drink up.  Point of the job is to be filmed having happy drunken times.

Lily though doesn’t seem to be too worried about doing well on this yacht and getting other yacht jobs.  The work is drudgery.

With so few charters left do they even bother to replace her?  Have her clean toilets and throw laundry in the machines, better than nothing, unless she sleeps 5 hours into her shift every time they go out.

The guests didn’t want their minds read but enjoyed the card tricks.  These guests are nondescript except for the drunk guy.

Luka and Jessika seem headed for drama even if they’re lovey dovey now.  Apparently Natalya is hanging around nearby, probably at the encouragement of the producers.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

What happened to Sandy, where did the real Sandy go...there is a stew sleeping thru her shift and Sandy wakes her up and tells her to get to work instead of firing her?

Kyle is still vile. He cannot understand why Chef is not chatty with him, not a clue, no self reflection at all. Plain and simple, Kyle is a butt pimple.

Tumi is really trying to work with what she has, I do not think she is a terrible chief stew at this point except for her not firing Kyle first thing, she is shaping up to be a decent chief stew.  I loved her shutting down Kyle when he said he was going to to take a nap.

Lara is the most professional crew member this season, her saying it is not right that department heads/leads should be the last to take a break after the deck crew is 100% right.  I hope she returns as bosun on a future season.

This weeks charter guest Simon wearing the Maryland tee, do we know his last name? I am always curious about Marylanders on this show. 

Drunk guy throwing food, do we think Kyle will clean it up or will he instruct one of the others to hunt down what was thrown.

• Like 5

I don't know from where they dredged up Lily but is she really as worthless as she comes across?  And Sandy saying saying that the crew mess was disgusting and that this was a job not a frat party please. It is a FRAT party Sandy. All across the  Bravo network from the Housewives to Below Deck and all of the dumb shows in between Bravo wants the cast to drink to excess and make fools of themselves. In the real world none of the behavior wold be tolerated. Especially Lily getting so drunk that she puked all night and could not get up and work the next day. She would have been out the door before she knew what hit her. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5

So the mentalist comes on board in a tee shirt carrying a briefcase, he gets ready for the guests and has decided to wear a tank top? Tumi should have asked for a more Bond like outfit.

Luka has screwed up on his scheduling, why all of the sudden did the wheels fall off the bus?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

This show was absolutely boring as hell. It's an absolute shit show from the crew to these intolerable guests, including bargain bin Harvey Weinstein. What kind of asshole adult goes anywhere and starts throwing things at another adult? I swear to god this show is the best anti-alcohol ad ever made. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sandy's micromanaging is making me FF every time her face pops onscreen. This is NOT the way to lead and/or show support to your crew. When people micromanage, it's like any smile/slap interaction. The senior worker starts off with a mild compliment about mundane tasks, but then piles on the endless "Did you do this... Prepare that...? Think about this...?" until the person feels inadequate or uncertain about their efforts. etc. It's like she always wants to ensure that no one feels competent or confident enough to NOT feel anxious when they see her. It's sad.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
20 minutes ago, Chalby said:

It's like she always wants to ensure that no one feels competent or confident enough to NOT feel anxious when they see her. It's sad.

I think it's mostly that she has to be the star of the show and stick her nose in wherever she can so her mug is on TV as much as possible. None of the other captains are this camera hungry.

The primary on this charter looks kind of like Jeff Ross.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tumi is really trying to work with what she has, I do not think she is a terrible chief stew at this point except for her not firing Kyle first thing, she is shaping up to be a decent chief stew. 

Disagree, I think she sucks at this. She tries to placate everyone instead of managing them. She's a good stew but she's a terrible manager. Also, it was not Luka's responsibility to ask her if she would need a tender later in the day. She knew a guest was coming aboard that would need to be picked up - it was her responsibility to inform the deck crew someone would need to go get him.

Kyle has really ruined this season for me, I just can't bear the sight of him. Telling the chef "some people need to grow up" had to be the height of irony. He's such a moron too. "He really opened up a book of worms." 

So Lily is screwing Max and Jessika is screwing Luka in the next room over. Look, I'm no prude, but at least Jessika has known Luka more than a day. Lily just got on the boat.

Haleigh should do cartoon voices.

I've never had pork belly before, I don't know why Jack thought Americans love it.

The mentalist was pretty cool, if very under-dressed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I think it's mostly that she has to be the star of the show and stick her nose in wherever she can so her mug is on TV as much as possible. None of the other captains are this camera hungry.

The primary on this charter looks kind of like Jeff Ross.

Disagree, I think she sucks at this. She tries to placate everyone instead of managing them. She's a good stew but she's a terrible manager. Also, it was not Luka's responsibility to ask her if she would need a tender later in the day. She knew a guest was coming aboard that would need to be picked up - it was her responsibility to inform the deck crew someone would need to go get him.

Kyle has really ruined this season for me, I just can't bear the sight of him. Telling the chef "some people need to grow up" had to be the height of irony. He's such a moron too. "He really opened up a book of worms." 

So Lily is screwing Max and Jessika is screwing Luka in the next room over. Look, I'm no prude, but at least Jessika has known Luka more than a day. Lily just got on the boat.

Haleigh should do cartoon voices.

I've never had pork belly before, I don't know why Jack thought Americans love it.

The mentalist was pretty cool, if very under-dressed.

I agree and do not agree with some of your post, yes Tumi screwed up about telling Luca to pick up the Menatlist, who in my opinion was dressed way to casual for a Bond night but that theme has been done to death and adults shouldn't need to have theme nights for no reason...but I digress, she is good on scheduling, she is assisting in training Lily, (she is not mean spirited like Kate), the guests are happy, her biggest downfall was not firing Kyle and keeping Nat because out of the two Nat is easier to deal with.

Why are the guys hot on Lily, she is average looking and not so great at her job, personality wise she is fair...I am sorry I am thinking too much like a normal person and not a hyper, horney, idiot guy.

Kyle should be eaten alive by an entire book of worms.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Kyle is absolutely insufferable.  Have we had an episode yet where he hasn't yelled at someone, fought with someone, rewritten history, and/or passed the blame?  

So Jess gets Luka in her and now she's become a judgey little brat?  Maybe I'm wrong but if memory serves, the first night they went out she got tanked and was late/slow moving the next day.  Not to mention that someone (i.e, Tumi and Natalya) had to train her so what's with the attitude about not liking or wanting to have to train Lily?  

Lily may be no prize, although she seems harmless enough, but no one should have expected her to walk right on a super yacht, in the midst of a charter season, after having worked on small boats and been able to jump right in as if she had been doing this for years.  Maybe she's right and a little more positive encouragement would go a long way?  

Did she and Max hook up?  I thought Max told Luka they did not and were just hugging.  Or should I say "hugging"?

So even though Luka is slipping it to Jess, he's text messaging Natalya.  It should get interesting when she returns during a crew night out - both Jess and Kyle will have breakdowns.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Kyle Ugh   In the real yachting world I doubt anybody would want this drama queen on their boat.  He would be a disaster as a chief stew.

Good luck Tumi trying to control him, but sadly she needs him if Lily represents what's available.

Good of chef to talk to Tumi.  Best for chef to ignore him.  Drives queenie nuts  :)

Bummer for Lily, but she's gotta control her drinking.  

Cleaning toilets hungover and puking in one you just cleaned.  Not fun.  The puke-o-meter was funny.

Dry the shirts separatly, pay attention and pull them out slightly damp and hang them up right away - no wrinkles.  I never have to iron/steam anything.

Guests are a handful.  Maybe pass out early except the dude who slept all day.

I didn't know the crew mess was Luka's responsibility.  Seems like it should be an interior/group effort.

He really screwed up the scheduling, but he's new at it.  I've never had to do anything like that and would be baffled.  Bad communication from Tumi on the Mentalist.  Knowing they usually pull the tender by dark, she should have spoke up.  He was quite cool.

The diving was cool.  Invisible Haleigh really shined.

Sandy is just a pill.  Maybe her arm hurts.  Boo Hoo.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Kyle is absolutely insufferable.  Have we had an episode yet where he hasn't yelled at someone, fought with someone, rewritten history, and/or passed the blame?  

So Jess gets Luka in her and now she's become a judgey little brat?  Maybe I'm wrong but if memory serves, the first night they went out she got tanked and was late/slow moving the next day.  Not to mention that someone (i.e, Tumi and Natalya) had to train her so what's with the attitude about not liking or wanting to have to train Lily?  

If I remember correctly, Jess got so drunk and sick that she missed a charter.  She was sent to the hospital.  Maybe Jess does not want to train Lily, because she herself is is not sure of what she is doing.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I've had it & didn't think much of it but it must be popular if it's sold in Costco, which it is as I saw it there yesterday but maybe it's a regional thing.

You may have had it & not even known it, I had to be told it was pork belly.

Or maybe he had just watched Trading Places again.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Shrek said:

I've had it & didn't think much of it but it must be popular if it's sold in Costco, which it is as I saw it there yesterday but maybe it's a regional thing.

You may have had it & not even known it, I had to be told it was pork belly.

Or maybe he had just watched Trading Places again.

I like pork belly but in reality it is just fatty bacon, very fatty bacon so maybe he thinks all Americans like fatty foods?

Sometimes I wonder why the chef's do not employ a Google search when asked to cook a meal with a theme or from a certain region.

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I like pork belly but in reality it is just fatty bacon, very fatty bacon so maybe he thinks all Americans like fatty foods?

Why are you all looking at me? I do love fatty food and bacon.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

It was disappointing to see Luka texting Natalya that he misses her right after he gets intimate with Jessika.  Luka is super good looking, but doesn't always think through his romantic entanglements.  On Down Under, he was flirting with someone who was in a relationship with a fellow deckie.  Here, he is trying to navigate through Nat's crazy relationship drama and then says, "too much baggage."  I wonder how Nat dropped all that baggage in the 5 days since she left the boat?  Or, maybe things with Jessika weren't what he had hoped for...

• Like 3
On 12/5/2023 at 11:23 AM, iMonrey said:

It's pretty common in the nicer restaurants a typical charter cruise guest would frequent. It's just uncured bacon in blocks rather than strips. Often served with a sweet glaze. 

On 12/5/2023 at 4:48 PM, PaperTree said:

I didn't know the crew mess was Luka's responsibility.  Seems like it should be an interior/group effort.

He really screwed up the scheduling, but he's new at it.  I've never had to do anything like that and would be baffled. 

Maybe the interior is responsible for the guest accessed areas (and Captain coddling), and the deck crew is responsible for the "boat."   After picking up after some of these monsters, I can only imagine if the interior had to clean up after their coworkers as well. 

I always enjoy learning after the season how well the chefs cooked for the crew. It seems to range from barely acceptable/forage for yourself to pretty upscale food. Jack seems like he could do some good family style meals without stressing too much. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1