Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

A new crew member may lack some necessary skills; Capt. Sandy gives it her all trying to persuade a deckhand to stay on the boat; in scenic Portofino, the deckhands face their most challenging docking yet; a stew thinks the chef is out to get them.

Airdate: 11/27/2023

If you have a green stew who doesn't know how to do laundry, don't put her in laundry. It's really that simple. She can just vacuum and clean bathrooms. Surely you don't need training for that, I hope.

I don't get why there's so much laundry anyway. Do guests show up with suitcases full of dirty laundry? When I go somewhere I don't pack my bags with dirty clothes expecting people to wash them when I get wherever I'm going. Sheets and towels would be cleaned during turnover, and crew laundry could easily be rotated. 

I can't imagine being on a luxury yacht and just sitting around looking at my phone. That said, it's not Luka's job to "sell" the water toys to the guests, despite Sandy's insistence to the contrary. She's obsessed with those things. Or maybe the producers are.

So the interior doesn't get ice cream? They spend the day running around serving and cleaning and, in the chef's case, cooking over a hot stove 12 hours a day. But sure, reward the people who stand on the deck and tell Sandy there's a boat on the left. Her favoritism is appalling.

I knew they wouldn't fire Kyle and that he wouldn't quit. Other crew members have been fired for far less but God forbid this show loses its prize drama queen. I'm so disgusted by this asshole and Bravo's infatuation with him.

Max's Eiffel Tower meter sure went up as soon as Lily came aboard. What a weirdo. Wanting to leave because he didn't wake up with a boner. WTF.

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sandy tells Luka to encourage the guests to use the slide and other water toys after the guests clearly told Luka they wanted to just lounge in the sun but that was not good enough for Sandy...why didn't Sandy show the guests how fun the slide is since she is the one obsessed with it.

I would be fine with getting off the boat and exploring the town, that seems like the better end of the deal to me but you are right, Sandy has always favored the deck crew over the interior.

Yes @iMonrey I too have always wondered why there is always a tsunami of laundry...sheets and towels I can understand but the crew uniforms could be done between charters.  I am not sure as a guest I would want them washing any of my clothing, (I am very picky) and it only takes one wash on hot accidentally and my clothes shrink, we have seen laundry oops before.

Kyle is vile. Plain and simple, he is a butt pimple. 

Max is a 12 year old, I really hate the way he describes his biological functions.

Once again the girls disappoint with their stupid boy crazy/need for attention antics, do any of them (from all BD shows in history) really think any relationship will every last longer then the final anchoring?

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I want the next charter to be full of dudes in their fifties, insisting that the female crew members all strip as part of their evening entertainment. Nobody better say a fucking word, either. 

It's disgusting regardless of the gender, everyone. And not because people who take off their clothes for a living are doing anything wrong. You sign up to be on a yacht to park the boat, to clean the deck, to put out pool toys no one wants to use. Well within your rights to say "I'm sorry, but taking off my clothes for you isn't really in my job description." It's fucking gross, the level of entitlement these rich-ish (you know so few of them have real money, this show is a way to fake as if you do even if you're 'just' a millionaire) twats, and not a one of them was like "These people are young enough to be my grandson." You want to go to a strip club, fairly certain you can find one on your vacation. Let them wash the fucking windows and work. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 19
  • Love 1

The male stripping thing is a staple on all the BD shows.  They cast for fit young men and probably let them know that they’d have to do these kinds of things.

They might have went there with female cast but because of #MeToo, Bravo doesn’t dare.

Are the guests always wanting it?  That’s dubious too, probably producer-prompted at least some of the times.

Lara was right, did the guests just ask for a water taxi from Genoa to Portofino?  It’s a nice ride but if the main attractions are water sports, why do so many older guests go on charters?

Often you see these huge yachts just anchored at Mediterranean ports or close to the shore.  You don’t see too much jet ski activity.  There must be restricted areas.  The rich may be spending a lot of time at these ports rather than on the yachts, because there are a lot of luxury hotels and fine dining restaurants all along the French and Italian Rivieras.

Portofino attracts the jet set yachts but also a lot of day trippers willing to pay inflated prices.  In any event, they could have taken the guests by tender for their visit, which looked very short.

But I guess they really wanted to film the docking, even did drone shots.  It was a triumph and the deck crew morale was lifted after the successful dock.

Kyle was contrite for a minute but now has targeted Jack, who was sweet on Natalya.

In the previews for the rest of the season, Natalya makes another appearance and tries to entice Luka so Jessika goes for some other male cast?  Of course this is Bravo so you knew there would Be some more manufactured drama.

• Like 5

If I were on a yacht, the last thing I'd care about would be riding around in circles on a stupid jet-ski. I'd want to lie in the sun, sip some drinks, spend some time just enjoying the yacht itself, and go onshore in the ports we visited -- in other words, pretend I was a member of the idle rich. Even though the slide might be fun, I imagine riding it several times would turn into work -- climbing out of the water and trudging up several sets of stairs to get back to the sundeck could get old pretty quickly. The women sunning themselves seemed perfectly happy. I'd be willing to suspect the production team might have played a part in urging them to use Sandy's water toys.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Max's Eiffel Tower meter sure went up as soon as Lily came aboard. What a weirdo. Wanting to leave because he didn't wake up with a boner. WTF.

^^ This is why I needed to visit this forum today.  I honestly thought I was misunderstanding Max's explanation until Bravo started with the helpful chyron complete with little Eiffel Tower boner-meter.  Seriously, dude?  That has to be the weirdest reason for quitting a job ever.  I hope the truth is he was just lazy about how hard the job was combined with bored that none of the women were fawning over him like they were for Luka.  Otherwise he's in for a rude awakening as he gets older.  (Lots of them in fact!)

8 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I want the next charter to be full of dudes in their fifties, insisting that the female crew members all strip as part of their evening entertainment. Nobody better say a fucking word, either. 

Also this!  It's one thing if the crew volunteers to don skimpy costumes as part of a theme night, it's absolutely repulsive for guests to just demand stripping. Bring in professionals to perform if that's what the guests want - don't force the crew!  That's not what you're paying them for!  And I had the same thought as Uncle Juice - if the guests were all older men and the demand was stripping from their 20-something female hired help?  HA!  No one would even be pretending that was a harmless good time, much less worthy of yuk-yuk laughs from Bravo viewers.  And yes, I know it's all set up by producers and I'm sure the cast is safe and well informed ahead of time and compensated and all that, but still.  It really rubs me the wrong way.  If we're watching to pretend this luxury fantasy world is real I'd prefer it to be slightly less revolting in this way.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

If any middle age men ask the women to strip, then Sandy better also. After all, Captain Jason wore a speedo and took one for the team.  Never mind.  I would never want to look at Sandy.  

Count me in as someone with no interest in those water toys.  

No eggs outside.  Did the primary lay awake at night to think of that one?

• LOL 7

I'm literally repulsed by the very sight of Kyle's face. And it's not even about his looks. He's just so vile I feel nauseated just looking at him. Sandy said if just one person comes to her about him he's gone. Please, someone, please! It hadn't even been twelve hours before he got bitchy again with the chef. 

Bravo has made a huge miscalculation about this guy IMO. I don't know that I can bear the thought of them giving him any kind of redemption arc or the thought of Sandy crowing about how much he changed or how she "fixed" him. 

I swear to God if he's on one more season of any BD show I will boycott. I cannot think of any other BD crew member I've ever been this repulsed by and that's saying a lot. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm literally repulsed by the very sight of Kyle's face. And it's not even about his looks. He's just so vile I feel nauseated just looking at him. Sandy said if just one person comes to her about him he's gone. Please, someone, please! It hadn't even been twelve hours before he got bitchy again with the chef. 

Bravo has made a huge miscalculation about this guy IMO. I don't know that I can bear the thought of them giving him any kind of redemption arc or the thought of Sandy crowing about how much he changed or how she "fixed" him. 

I swear to God if he's on one more season of any BD show I will boycott. I cannot think of any other BD crew member I've ever been this repulsed by and that's saying a lot. 

I cannot agree with this post more. This is exactly what I think too. I was so mad he got to stay after his antics for a second season.  He is vile.

I was dumbfounded when Sandy mentioned 3 times he was the main issue.  Fine remove Natalya but still he was the issue for 2 and a half then. My frustration grew when they gave the sound effects for this vile creature.  I think they had him 'apologize' so he could go to Sandy later with his I insincere apology.

I turned off the tv when he went back to her with I apologized and she forgave him.  No reminder that if you do it again you are gone..  I turned of the tv after that.  Bravo you want a vile character like Kyle good on you.  I dont need to watch.  I hope it fails honestly. You have others you can promote and use for your bran.  This type of vile behavior does nothing

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

As strange as I thought the no eating eggs outside woman was, there wasn't any drama about it. There were eggs at breakfast, she explained to her friends why she didn't like to eat them outside, and went inside to eat. Apparently production couldn't make her throw a fit over them 'daring' to serve eggs outside!

• Like 6
On 11/28/2023 at 3:48 PM, rur said:

If I were on a yacht, the last thing I'd care about would be riding around in circles on a stupid jet-ski. I'd want to lie in the sun, sip some drinks, spend some time just enjoying the yacht itself, and go onshore in the ports we visited -- in other words, pretend I was a member of the idle rich. Even though the slide might be fun, I imagine riding it several times would turn into work -- climbing out of the water and trudging up several sets of stairs to get back to the sundeck could get old pretty quickly. The women sunning themselves seemed perfectly happy. I'd be willing to suspect the production team might have played a part in urging them to use Sandy's water toys.

We could totally be on the same charter, I have no interest in water toys and would love to piss off Sandy by not participating in water slides and jet skis.  What is wrong with enjoying high end food and sun?

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
On 11/28/2023 at 7:09 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Sandy tells Luka to encourage the guests to use the slide and other water toys after the guests clearly told Luka they wanted to just lounge in the sun but that was not good enough for Sandy...why didn't Sandy show the guests how fun the slide is since she is the one obsessed with it.

I would be fine with getting off the boat and exploring the town, that seems like the better end of the deal to me but you are right, Sandy has always favored the deck crew over the interior.

Yes @iMonrey I too have always wondered why there is always a tsunami of laundry...sheets and towels I can understand but the crew uniforms could be done between charters.  I am not sure as a guest I would want them washing any of my clothing, (I am very picky) and it only takes one wash on hot accidentally and my clothes shrink, we have seen laundry oops before.

Kyle is vile. Plain and simple, he is a butt pimple. 

Max is a 12 year old, I really hate the way he describes his biological functions.

Once again the girls disappoint with their stupid boy crazy/need for attention antics, do any of them (from all BD shows in history) really think any relationship will every last longer then the final anchoring?

Sandy and that damned slide. It is a pain in the ass to set up, and if the guests want to use it, then the guests are fully capable of telling the crew. Sandy is always dead-set on making more, often unnecessary, work for her crew, and then bitching when stuff doesn’t get done to her specifications.

Why can’t they run the yacht like hotels…you can request that your sheets get changed daily — or not. Water conservation. Laundry creates its own brand of drama with ruined or missing clothes (right now as I’m watching Sandy is missing her underdrawers), so maybe that’s why it’s always such an issue. 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:18 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

It's disgusting regardless of the gender, everyone. And not because people who take off their clothes for a living are doing anything wrong. You sign up to be on a yacht to park the boat, to clean the deck, to put out pool toys no one wants to use. Well within your rights to say "I'm sorry, but taking off my clothes for you isn't really in my job description." It's fucking gross, the level of entitlement these rich-ish (you know so few of them have real money, this show is a way to fake as if you do even if you're 'just' a millionaire) twats, and not a one of them was like "These people are young enough to be my grandson." You want to go to a strip club, fairly certain you can find one on your vacation. Let them wash the fucking windows and work. 

Absolutely. It’s degrading. Always has been.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2023 at 10:24 AM, aghst said:

The male stripping thing is a staple on all the BD shows.  They cast for fit young men and probably let them know that they’d have to do these kinds of things.

Are the guests always wanting it?  That’s dubious too, probably producer-prompted at least some of the times

I have to agree with you. I don't know of many truly wealthy people on yachts who want their crew to strip or dance for them. It just isn't done.

But again this is a quasi reality show where they're just trying to put on scenarios for us to talk about.

I wish someone would actually do some research and learn what really occurs on high-end yachts, along with what deck activities are offered, and preferably an example of their chefs' menus. 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2023 at 5:47 PM, Chalby said:

I have to agree with you. I don't know of many truly wealthy people on yachts who want their crew to strip or dance for them. It just isn't done.

Well it might be done but in the privacy of the charter guest's cabin, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

• LOL 2
On 12/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, Chalby said:

But again this is a quasi reality show where they're just trying to put on scenarios for us to talk about.

I wish someone would actually do some research and learn what really occurs on high-end yachts, along with what deck activities are offered, and preferably an example of their chefs' menus. 

There have been several former crew members that have done podcasts (off the top of my head- Adrienne, Kate, Daisy).  It seems to me that they could share some of this inside info on their podcasts.  I know most of us would love to learn more about the high end yachting industry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think we can all agree that no way in HELL would Sandy approach ACTUAL non-show yacht guests and harangue them to get off their butts.

I would love if some future non-show guest of hers feels the need to state up front on day 1 that they're going to rest, relax, drink, nap, and enjoy the beautiful views and they don't want any pep talks. (Can you imagine the boon that would be to staff? Keep an eye on our beverage consumption, give us occasional snacks, otherwise don't hover, dinner at 8 is fine, we'll probably sit outside and enjoy a nice conversation after dinner, but nobody has to wait on us after 10.)

I do get it - they weren't providing anything worth filming, and that's a serious problem. But it's also her problem that having to dance for the production company will affect how future clients react to having her as their captain.

• Like 2