Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E07: Music Video Night

• Start Topic

With all the legendary music videos they could have chosen, they pick all those numbers? LMAO. No one did Madonna or Michael Jackson? At least they threw Elton John in there. 

I don't remember Shakira's video, but I'm looking forward to Lele doing a salsa to her song.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

With all the legendary music videos they could have chosen, they pick all those numbers? LMAO. No one did Madonna or Michael Jackson? At least they threw Elton John in there. 

Yeah there are a LOT of iconic videos. My guess is they get the ones they can clear for broadcast

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Paula looking amazing!  Otoh, who the heck is dressing Julianne? Can’t wait for Jason to Take on me.

Lele did Shakira’s hips justice. Few slips but she doesn’t connect well with the audience. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4

I didn’t like Ariana’s dance, I mean she did well but I wasn’t wowed and it wasn’t her, it was the choreography. Were they supposed to mimic the original MV rather than build their dance to include the flavor of the original?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I love Derek.  He is an absolutely amazing, uplifting, fair judge.  And he seems like such a kind guy.

Yeah, I liked how he was honest yet supportive in his critique to Derek. 

I also liked Lance Bass showing up to help out. 

I was wondering if they were going to try and recreate the animated portion of the A-Ha video during Jason's dance. That would've been trippy :p. But yeah, that was cute. 

• Like 3
Just now, LexieLily said:

(Seeing Paula in her element as a judge on a dancing show makes me nostalgic for the Randy/Simon/Paula years of American Idol 🥹)

Same! I'm getting flashbacks!

6 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

I am SHOCKED they kept “cherry pop” in Candyman Not just once…but several times!

I totally thought they'd just stay with the "panties drop" line. Still risque, but not THAT risque. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kudos to the costuming department tonight, they are doing a fantastic job of making everyone legit look like the artists they're referencing. 

Xochitl is super adorable. I just love her. That was fun. 

• Like 6
Just now, Annber03 said:

Xochitl is super adorable. I just love her. That was fun. 

She is super-adorable but she makes me feel so old, OMG. She wasn't even alive when "Hollaback Girl" was released!

Same with Rylee, she wasn't born when NSYNC released "It’s Gonna Be Me."

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 6

Xochiti that was not so good . Derek is right they were behind the beat the whole song 

I'm still outraged over Jason's score. How does an accomplished jazz dancer and choreographer Paula Abdul give a 10 to a Jazz dance that Derek and Carrie Ann can't see? 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

She is super-adorable but she makes me feel so old, OMG. She wasn't even alive when "Hollaback Girl" was released!

I was feeling old watching Jason's "Take On Me" dance and then I just made the mistake of looking up when it was originally released - October 1984...I was 9 (+18 days)! I just turned 48! Ack!

• Like 5

I feel like none of the dancers except Arianna are following theu on their moves. All the dancers have seemed slowed down…ooh, Derek just said they’re all missing energy, that’s it exactly.
paula looks not happy with Bruno. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I was feeling old watching Jason's "Take On Me" dance and then I just made the mistake of looking up when it was originally released - October 1984...I was 9 (+18 days)! I just turned 48! Ack!

And that's the month/year I would've been born, so...yeah :p. 

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

LOL, god, same. I am really not ready for stuff from the early to mid 2000s to be 20 plus years old yet :p. 

• Like 4

I feel like Charity has lacked energy last week and this week.  Like she is just going through the motions.  Glad the judges noticed too.

22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

(Seeing Paula in her element as a judge on a dancing show makes me nostalgic for the Randy/Simon/Paula years of American Idol 🥹)

I thought that too but was thinking how odd she was then…she actually seems coherent on this show, lol.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

And that's the month/year I would've been born, so...yeah :p. 

7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I was a junior in college, you youngsters 😜

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Hahaha — early Bruno in the Elton John video — wowwww!

I loved Barry's reaction upon seeing him show up in the video. "Our Bruno?!" I liked him coming up to Bruno during the dance, that was cute. 

"As a fellow member of the  AARP..." Okay, Carrie Ann :p. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 8

When Carrie Ann said AARP, I realized I had no clue on some of the ages and decided to look up the ages for CAI, Barry, Paula and Bruno.  I was shocked that Bruno is 67 (68 in a week or so), Paula is 61, and Barry is 69!  CAI is 55.  Love it!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Just wanted to say WTF is Julianne wearing. I like her but that boob cut out jacket is ….a choice. Bruno is my age and he looks pretty amazing for my cohort. I just came from a 50th reunion and yeah, we didn’t age that well. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Paula looking amazing!  Otoh, who the heck is dressing Julianne? 

Paula does look amazing. 

If you were wondering why Julianne was wearing that, it's because it's Madonna's iconic Vogue outfit.  If you're wondering who the heck decided that's what she should wear?  You got me.  Love Madonna.  Love the song/dance.  It feels a touch inappropriate for a show that kind of tries to bill itself as wholesome (even as they cast people associated with murders and domestic violence.) It's not that she's exposing anything but there's something about the pink underwear and bra combo in contrast to a full suit that is suggestive.  But I guess that's the brilliance of Madonna.  

The thing that I don't get is that Jason basically didn't practice all week dancing with his partner.  She was there but it had to affect the dynamic of that dance.  I feel like for other dancers, they'd be given grace for having to overcome that.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Julianne's outfit is a carbon copy of one of Madonna’s, I believe.  And her hair too from one of Madonna’s eras.  

ETA:  Ok, lots of us typing at the same time about Julianne as Madonna!  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3