Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessel and Pravit are the modern day Alex and Simon Mccord.

Then I'd say Ubah is the Kelly.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:38 PM, Marley said:

Brynn’s whole act is not entertaining. Ugh. She’s so annoying.

Apparently the much referred to Mimi had a big hand in making her that way.  I can't be the only one who is less than impressed with Mimi's pearls of wisdom despite Brynn's attempts to make them seem charming.

3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jenna is too good for this. If it returns, I seriously doubt she will. 

Did you notice when Jenna was talking about  girl friend groups toward the end and how she would try to join in in the future she said something like "a group" and not "this group"?

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

So, why didn’t Utah use someone else’s phone to text her family?  It seems she misplaces it on occasion.

When someone suggested ways to locate her phone, Find My Phone, Ubah began ranting (paraphrasing), “You find the phone, but the owner may be dead!!!” which tells me a lot about how Ubah’s brain processes information. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
15 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Me too. While the other husbands were boasting, in front of their wives, about how they would leave them/have an affair if they couldn’t have sex for a period of time, Pavit lived that scenario and, as far as we know, did not step out and continues to love his wife. I think THAT makes Erin and Sai very jealous and was the impetus for all their chatter and attempts to tear the couple down. As the season developed it became clear to me that Jessel and Pavit have a sweet, tight relationship, albeit she does need to appreciate Pavit a bit more. 

Interesting observation. Yes, Pavit didn't cheat, or left his wife because they didn't have sex for two years. Sai and Erin were shocked because their husbands would do it, they even said so on the show, so they became really invested in Jessel's story, and insinuated that Pavit cheats on her out of maybe jealousy, or at least annoyance.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 8

If there is a second season, I sort of hope Jenna doesn't come back. Any housewife that gets such a positive edit and the majority of fan praise becomes the target for a takedown in the following season.

• Like 12

Andy Cohen had to say the reboot was a huge success. He chose the women (maybe with the input of a few others), and he was most probably instrumental in deciding the cancelation of the original. I have no doubt there is going to be another season, although the ratings were the worst in the show's 14 seasons.

Andy Cohen, and Bravo made a fundamental mistake. These women are immersed in social media, they are influencers, or involved in the fashion world. Looking at a photo, or video/reel can hold one's interest for a few seconds, or a couple of minutes at most, but these women cannot carry a show for an hour, let alone for a whole season (except probably Jenna). They don't have the personality, although they think they are extraordinary judging by their arrogant attitude. They are a product of the times, and it can even be generational because Jenna seems to have more substance than the younger women. But the younger ones should have some substance at their age, and they don't.

Sai, and Erin were subdued compared to how they acted during the season because of heavy criticism on the media, etc. after the show aired. Unfortunately, Jessel still wants Sai to like her because she tried to flatter her by saying how important her influencer job was, and how hard she worked even on a vacation....

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 9

A reboot for New York needed to be a group of entertaining ladies to replace the originals. These women were lack luster, no real careers, and not much going on. The most notable event was Ubah towering over Erin and snatching those sunglasses off her which was basically an assault.  She is very unlikable. 

The childhood stories were tedious. If people don’t care for you, the sob story won’t make a difference especially for Sai, Brynn Ubah and Erin.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When someone suggested ways to locate her phone, Find My Phone, Ubah began ranting (paraphrasing), “You find the phone, but the owner may be dead!!!” which tells me a lot about how Ubah’s brain processes information. 

Find my phone is convenient even if you're a person who misplaces their phone often or not. Ubah was making no sense. So she doesn't want to use find my phone because if she's dead it doesn't matter??

Erin and Sai were 100% implying that Pavit was cheating and their whole "no I didn't, no I wasn't" responses were driving me nuts.

And then they get mad at Jessel because they feel that she didn't open up enough about her postpartum and that was the reason she wasn't having sex. Ok Sai, miss "I really don't care" 🙄

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

This reunion was so tedious. YAWN!!!!!!!!!

More childhood trauma CHECK

Tears and empty apologies CHECK

Ubah going off for absolutely no reason CHECK

Jenna cheekily flashing us CHECK

Would I watch another season?
Sadly...most likley as I continue to have little substance to my viewing proclivities.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
On 10/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, Pi237 said:

Omg Ubah it’s not an angry black woman stereotype with you/you’re just a bitch. 

So sick of this ‘I’m this nationality!’ It’s never an excuse for being an asshole.  

Why are they apologizing to this nut job?

Trying to support your "I don't get angry" argument while being completely off the rails batshit is hilarious.   Andy could've used that as a teachable moment to define irony.  Brynn might be right about the other women being scared of her.  They seem to go to lengths not to point out the thing that makes her dead ass wrong.  Jenna apologizes twice.  First for saying she was Team Erin.  No apology necessary.  Even if you hadn't sympathized with Erin up until that point, Ubah forced our hand, by taking an annoying practical joke and escalating it to a physical altercation.   She told somebody don't confuse [________] for assertiveness.  Nah bitch, assertion is a hands-free sport.  I think the thing Ubah wants to get across is quite literally getting lost in translation.  She sounds like she wants to let everybody know:  don't think I won't scrap just because I look *like this*.  But she doesn't have Brynn's "charm" or Jessel's sarcasm or Jenna's humility for it to land facetiously.  I mean you not supposed to take your own shit talkery seriously, that's just weird.  That was Jill Zarin's problem.   

Secondly and for the umpteenth gottam time, Jenna said she had no idea that cameras were gonna be at her place when she asked Ubah to come over.  Each time Jenna starts this sentence (in explanation, not defense) Ubah talks on top of her in the middle of it to say, your team should've told me.  This calls for a Pacino-whisper:  bitchlookame, closely.  If you're as fabulous as you believe, it shouldn't matter if we see your first thing in the morning face.  Nobody told you to leave home without concealer.  There's a mirror in the bathroom, go in there and say it's my own damn fault.  Then come gimme a hug, sitchoass down and direct this shoot, we have a busy morning.   Girl I'm back there with you at:  Why are they apologizing to this nut job?

Then I gotta listen to Andy woo woo woo her ass about how the phone "incident" was triggering.  First of all, it's a phone.  b.  you left it.  c.  you wasn't hardly thankin bout that family chat if you got out the van without it.  4.  chile you done lost your mama, wandered the Mojave with your entire family, got to a continent whose language you still don't speak, don't know naam soul you're not related to and what's triggering is this phone shit?  Let me out the chat! 

9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Find my phone is convenient even if you're a person who misplaces their phone often or not. Ubah was making no sense. So she doesn't want to use find my phone because if she's dead it doesn't matter??

Erin and Sai were 100% implying that Pavit was cheating and their whole "no I didn't, no I wasn't" responses were driving me nuts.

And then they get mad at Jessel because they feel that she didn't open up enough about her postpartum and that was the reason she wasn't having sex. Ok Sai, miss "I really don't care" 🙄

Lol!  I think she's saying that, theoretically, this feature wouldn't inform anyone that the owner of the phone is ok or alive, only where their phone last was.  Additionally, what wasn't said was two things: in order to find your phone, the Find My feature has to already be toggled on by the time your phone's lost and your phone must be linked to the device you're pressing that feature on or you have to know how to find it through the cloud.    ::throws hands up::  the craziest part is this nootella has the audacity to tell another castmate "I wish you had just said that".    Put a lil Ritalin in her banana pudding.

Why didn't Andy ask the obvious follow up to Brynn's popoosal answer - they've all proposed after we broke up.......mkay, but you've also accepted.  Is it me? 

Jessel might care a little too much what the other women think.  I've never seen Sai and her husband kiss and Erin is sent into a tizzy by the word divorce.  These are not wives whose judgment should bother her.  

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
you open a quote, you gotta close it.
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ichbin said:

Apparently the much referred to Mimi had a big hand in making her that way.  I can't be the only one who is less than impressed with Mimi's pearls of wisdom despite Brynn's attempts to make them seem charming.

All of the BS that Brynn quoted have been said a million times before.  There was nothing new or unique here.  So BS sayings that have been around forever or actual Mimi advice - who knows and who cares?  

11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That was so bizarre.  Folks are telling her ways to find her phone, not how others should track her.  How about just calling her phone?  I do that more often than I should admit.  It's here somewhere . . . . .

There were some misunderstandings that were due to Ubah knowing English as a second language.  She does not get the subtlety of language.  A good example was Jenna using "Ubah hot" in her talking head.  If Ubah would liusten for half a damn second she would understand that Jenna was making a joke AND helping to get her product name out there.  But Ubah is too busy being angry to listen at all.  I don't need to see any more of her.   

3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Why didn't Andy ask the obvious follow up to Brynn's popoosal answer - they've all proposed after we broke up.......mkay, but you've also accepted.  Is it me? 

Thank you!  Did they break up for a reason or because she wanted a ring the person wasn't willing to get her?  Much like having a baby doesn't fix a broken marriage, a ring does not fix a broken relationship, no matter how well it played out for Charlotte on Sex and the City. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I just don't buy that Ubah doesn't get the nuances of the English language because it is her second language. Ubah moved to Vancouver, B.C.  when she was 15, her mother and three sisters were already living there. She has had a career as a model since she was 17, and has traveled all over for it presumably. She is now 40 years old. A quarter of a century is plenty of time for anyone to pick up the nuances of the English language, and certainly someone who has travelled extensively. I think she fakes it for attention. 

Like some others here, I think Sai and Erin are jealous of Jessel in that her husband clearly is willing to go through a tough time and stick it out. I read on Sai's thread about how she and her hubby got together, and lets just say the phrase "How you get them is how you lose them" comes to mind. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I just don't by that Ubah doesn't get the nuances of the English language because it is her second language. Ubah moved to Vancouver, B.C.  when she was 15, her mother and three sisters were already living there. She has had a career as a model since she was 17, and has traveled all over for it presumably. She is now 40 years old. A quarter of a century is plenty of time for anyone to pick up the nuances of the English language, and certainly someone who has travelled extensively. I think she fakes it for attention. 

Like some others here, I think Sai and Erin are jealous of Jessel in that her husband clearly is willing to go through a tough time and stick it out. I read on Sai's thread about how she and her hubby got together, and lets just say the phrase "How you get them is how you lose them" comes to mind. 

I loathe Sai, but have to say I've read that rumor about her and other stories that conclude the numbers don't add up to confirm it, namely the birth of their first child.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

All of the BS that Brynn quoted have been said a million times before.  There was nothing new or unique here.  So BS sayings that have been around forever or actual Mimi advice - who knows and who cares?  

I agree.  The thing I take most issue with is that they are sentiments from an earlier age where the woman is a plaything whose success is measured solely by the power and wealth of the man she marries. I'm a helluva lot older than Brynn and that BS was considered demeaning and limiting already when I was very young.  

6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did you know that in Somalia family is very important?

She throws Somalia in whenever and wherever as though it's some kind of final word on whatever point she wants to make.

I'd like to add:

Did you know that Sai grew up poor and mother was an alcoholic who passed away?

Did you know that Brynn was brought up by her late grandmother named Mimi who talked a lot of outdated BS?

Did you know Erin and her husband have sex...a lot of sex...they need that sex?

9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

They don't have the personality, although they think they are extraordinary judging by their arrogant attitude. They are a product of the times, and it can even be generational because Jenna seems to have more substance than the younger women. But the younger ones should have some substance at their age, and they don't.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, politichick said:

I loathe Sai, but have to say I've read that rumor about her and other stories that conclude the numbers don't add up to confirm it, namely the birth of their first child.

The post I saw doesn't seem to be there, but I googled and found some interesting info. I came across a Vlog that Sai posted three years ago called "husband and wife life after marriage". Sai talks about their courthouse marriage, and that Rio had recently been born. He was born in Apr 2017. When the question was asked how they knew (interviewing both her and David) the other was the one Sai answered "I got pregnant". 

Sai has claimed they married in 2009, but actually married in 2017 (another site has the marriage license). London was born in 2012, and according to the vlog the reason they got married. So why say in one breath that you married in 2009, and in a vlog that you married in 2017?  I know when I got married, and have never had a reason to tell differing stories about when that was. That may be the reason there are rumors, because she has told different stories at different times?

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
19 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Secondly and for the umpteenth gottam time, Jenna said she had no idea that cameras were gonna be at her place when she asked Ubah to come over.  Each time Jenna starts this sentence (in explanation, not defense) Ubah talks on top of her in the middle of it to say, your team should've told me.  This calls for a Pacino-whisper:  bitchlookame, closely.  If you're as fabulous as you believe, it shouldn't matter if we see your first thing in the morning face.  Nobody told you to leave home without concealer. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but they didn’t end up airing the footage of that gathering, did they? So the only reason we saw Ubah without her makeup was because she made such a big stink over Jenna duping her into showing up without makeup.

Life is funny.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2023 at 12:29 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think they all need to understand that the reunion couch is not in a therapist office.  Andy is not a psychologist.  That is the nice way of me saying, shut up Sai. 

But that wouldn't be such a bad Idea to have a host that has a background in psychology it would prob help them hash out their issues more positively and effectively if they did... there is gonna have to be some kinda overhaul esp with all the heat Bravo is getting lately with how the "talent" is being treated

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
56 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But that wouldn't be such a bad Idea to have a host that has a background in psychology it would prob help them hash out their issues more positively and effectively if they did... there is gonna have to be some kinda overhaul esp with all the heat Bravo is getting lately with how the "talent" is being treated

Anyone would be a better host than Andy.  He gets that glint in his eye whenever they go off the rails.  He likes presenting women as out of control, ridiculous fools. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but they didn’t end up airing the footage of that gathering, did they? So the only reason we saw Ubah without her makeup was because she made such a big stink over Jenna duping her into showing up without makeup.

Life is funny.

I wonder if she complained, and they didn't film after that, that's why the scene didn't air. But Bravo showed a snippet because she brought it up later on the show, and the reunion.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yeah, and probably wouldn't throw out Jessels mother in a crisis.

Look, Sai was hella genuine about how she felt guilt about her mom passing and let me tell you I completely understand how an impossible alcoholic gets a one way ticket to leave...... I get all that FOR SURE but at the same time I really wonder just HOW supportive her husband actually was and did he actually TRY before deciding Sai's mother needed to go? How disruptive was Sai's mom? Or was her first infraction all he needed? Not that it's not an acceptable decision to make because hell yes it is but at the same time I have a feeling that it didn't take much for Sai's husband to kick mom dukes out the house siting "the children". Not that it isn't a good enough reason but I get the feeling that a Pavit type of husband would have had a different type of approach with regards to supporting his wife in such a situation and maybe THAT'S where some of Sai's resentment comes into play. "I don't want to see such an accomodating husband that's pretty chill and supportive while mine forced me to kick out my sick mother..."  Maybe deep down she feels like she could have used a more "Pavit" type of husband while dealing with her mother and her issues and that makes her want to invalidate Jessel and Pavits relationship that much more. I dunno......

COMPLETE speculation and I know it's a huge unknown as well as a big reach but there's something about guilt that makes your mind spin a thousand and one "what ifs" around after the fact. 

Either way one thing is for certain, Sai cared WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much about Jessels marriage FOR SURE.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 10/31/2023 at 4:22 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I just don't buy that Ubah doesn't get the nuances of the English language because it is her second language. Ubah moved to Vancouver, B.C.  when she was 15, her mother and three sisters were already living there. She has had a career as a model since she was 17, and has traveled all over for it presumably. She is now 40 years old. A quarter of a century is plenty of time for anyone to pick up the nuances of the English language, and certainly someone who has travelled extensively. I think she fakes it for attention. 

As a linguist and someone who has a PhD in second language acquisition AND who has been in the field for over 30 years, you're absolutely correct. Another thing that screams bullshit about Ubah's blaming language 'misunderstandings' on her horrible personality is if she truly moved to Vancouver at the age of 15. I can promise you that a 15yo girl is going to acquire the language she is embedded in much faster than anyone else in her family. She's got to not only survive in her new community, but that peer group is absolutely key - that, and boys. I always told my adult students that the fastest way to learn a new language is to date someone who does not speak a word of your language (and please don't send me the bill from your divorce lawyer).

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

My guess is men initially let a lot slide with Ubah because she's so beautiful, but they can only tolerate her craziness for so long. She's lucky she's stunning. 

I like that Brynn isn't scared of Ubah. 

Jessel isn't my favorite, but she is one of the more normal women in the cast. 

Erin has a striking resemblance to Jennifer Aniston. She's one of the prettiest women ever on RHONY imo. 

Jenna is too nice a chick to return to this show. 

I liked that Sai dialed it back.