Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Quarterfinal #2: Brian Baumgartner, Lisa Ann Walter and Timothy Simons

Athena
  • Start Topic

The only one of these three I recognize is Brian Baumgartner, but I couldn't tell you why he looks familiar.

So far (end of the first round), this set is not impressive.  I mean, Scottsdale as the capitol of Arizona?  Really?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

The only one of these three I recognize is Brian Baumgartner, but I couldn't tell you why he looks familiar.

He was on The Office and is now appearing in Honey Nut Cheerios commercials.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I’m assuming they couldn’t mention what they were all known for because of the whole strike thing. I feel like I would have been able to place them with some hints. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

He's one of those people I've seen in stuff but couldn't tell you what (never watched The Office). Wikipedia says he was in episodes of some shows I used to watch (like Criminal Minds and Law & Order: SVU).

Lisa Ann Walter I'm pretty sure I've at least seen promoting Abbott Elementary on a talk show here and there so she was somewhat familiar. I thought Tim looked vaguely familiar but nothing on his Wikipedia page rang a bell.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Once Lisa Ann settled down, she started kicking butt. I cracked up when she stomped her foot once, and Ken said, something to the effect - A foot stomp, I've never heard that before.

Edited by chessiegal
Clarity
  • Like 5

Brian Baumgartner=  The Office
Lisa Ann Walter= Abbott Elementary 
Timothy Simons= Veep

I’m sure they have other credits, but these are the ones I know. And I know the “Kevin” voice was an acting choice, but I’m always surprised to hear Brian Baumgartner speaking in his regular voice. It just seems wrong.

This was an enjoyable game. Everyone seemed to be having fun, and nobody was too embarrassingly stupid. Congrats to Lisa.

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

(never watched The Office)

You have to rectify this right now or we cannot be friends. Plus, you’re just depriving yourself of one of the best comedy series ever made. So don’t do it for me, do it for yourself. Thank me later. 😉

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Who in the world could get that confused about what "A true Daily Double" means? That was hilarious.

I couldn't hear what LAW said after she missed one of the power ballad category questions that made Ken go "Whoa" and then laugh. Anyone?

• Applause 1
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

(never watched The Office)

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

You have to rectify this right now or we cannot be friends. Plus, you’re just depriving yourself of one of the best comedy series ever made. So don’t do it for me, do it for yourself. Thank me later. 😉

I never watched The Office and never will because I worked in an environment like The Office from which I wanted to escape and have escaped. 

13 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

Lisa Ann Walter plays Melissa on Abbott Elementary.

Ah! I did binge the first season of that show, but, again, reminded me too much of the parts of real life I don't care to revisit. 

Anyway, Lisa Ann Walter was wonderful here in every sense.

I fell asleep at the last commercial break. Did I miss anything worth seeing?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I never watched The Office and never will because I worked in an environment like The Office from which I wanted to escape and have escaped. 

Ah! I did binge the first season of that show, but, again, reminded me too much of the parts of real life I don't care to revisit. 

You can come sit by me. I’ve seen a few episodes of The Office but I just couldn’t get into it. And sometimes I feel like I’m the only person with a television who doesn’t think Abbot Elementary is the best show in the history of tv.

But I did like LAW (really all three of them) on this episode. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

This week was a better balance of contestants having fun and playing the game.

Once they settled down.  I still can't get past Scottsdale as the capitol of Arizona, especially when they were given three cities to choose from!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Once they settled down.  I still can't get past Scottsdale as the capitol of Arizona, especially when they were given three cities to choose from!

May be a case of "it's easy if you know it". I knew I would run the category when it came up. I know the states in alphabetical order courtesy of "The Fifty Nifty United States" and know what their state capital are.. But I have categories that I usually suck at - a lot of them having to do with current pop culture that are instagets for others. And good for them.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, chicagofan said:

May be a case of "it's easy if you know it". I knew I would run the category when it came up. I know the states in alphabetical order courtesy of "The Fifty Nifty United States" and know what their state capital are.. But I have categories that I usually suck at - a lot of them having to do with current pop culture that are instagets for others. And good for them.

A state capital is not necessarily the biggest or best known city in its state so if you don't know it you just don't know it. 

5 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

A state capital is not necessarily the biggest or best known city in its state so if you don't know it you just don't kn26thow it. 

Exactly - example, my home state of Illinois.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SHD said:

I couldn't hear what LAW said after she missed one of the power ballad category questions that made Ken go "Whoa" and then laugh. Anyone?

I think that was when she said “I wish I was dead.”

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2023 at 3:02 PM, SoMuchTV said:

You can come sit by me. I’ve seen a few episodes of The Office but I just couldn’t get into it. And sometimes I feel like I’m the only person with a television who doesn’t think Abbot Elementary is the best show in the history of tv.

I'll join you at that table.  I didn't think The Office (either version) was all that special or particularly funny.  And while I did like the couple of episodes I've seen of Abbot Elementary, I wasn't compelled to keep watching.

• Like 2