Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Meaning to Tell You

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, here we go again.  Platitudes from every direction, lots of angst.

I honestly can’t wait to watch! 😊 I need something like this now. I just finished streaming Barry and need a palate cleanser 😆

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, here we go again.  Platitudes from every direction, lots of angst.

This show is what it is. Everything happens for a reason. Nobody’s perfect. Take the good with the bad. You live and learn. Tomorrow is a new day. That’s just my personal opinion. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I honestly can’t wait to watch! 😊 I need something like this now. I just finished streaming Barry and need a palate cleanser 😆

Be careful what you wish for. I, like you, was literally counting down the days until S3 premiered, but now that I've watched the entire season...I'm like "meh". YMMV but I it feels to me like every season has been worse in quality/writing/storyline than the one before.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I have a mostly love, sometimes hate relationship with this show. I love the friendship between the women and their margarita nights, but then some of the dramaz is so ridiculous. So far it’s not annoying me like the beginning of season two did with the car accident/teen angst, so that’s a good thing I guess.

What the heck is going on with the wardrobe on this show? Yikes!

Why does the actor who plays Bill squint so much?

The product promotion this season is over the top. Maddy and Cal's extensive conversation about GMC trucks is just weird.

I don't think this season is going to be as good as Season 2 but I'm hopeful it gets better.

• Like 1

I realize this show is bizarre and ridiculous sometimes, but I still love it. It makes very little sense. Everyone is acting like Cal murdered someone. He punched a guy! I still love the over the top, puritanical, judgmental gorgeous town. I even love the teen plot. I wish they’d cut Justin Bruenings hair, but maybe it’s supposed to show he’s going through it. 

• Like 7

Helen is an idiot and she’s crazy to be practically apologizing to Ryan and feeling so bad for him for possibly not being able to have kids now that he left her hanging for years and refused to have kids with her and let her go through a miscarriage and IVF alone. This storyline is completely ridiculous. Of course she shouldn’t choose him, for the reasons that she should never have chosen him. Why are they expecting us to watch this nonsense again and have any patience for it.

Also, I had forgotten what Cal even did last season and thought he must have practically killed someone. 

This show’s dialogue is like watching the Dawson’s Creek characters as adults. Everything is so important and significant. Complete rubbish. I am therefore totally going to binge this season and enjoy the awfulness.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, racked said:

I realize this show is bizarre and ridiculous sometimes, but I still love it. It makes very little sense. Everyone is acting like Cal murdered someone. He punched a guy! I still love the over the top, puritanical, judgmental gorgeous town. I even love the teen plot. I wish they’d cut Justin Bruenings hair, but maybe it’s supposed to show he’s going through it. 

Yeah, this show is good ol' fashioned light entertainment. Fluffy fun. I enjoy it enough.

I don't care for the teen plot, but YMMV. The thing I dislike the most is Jamie Lynn Spears. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 4
On 7/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, racked said:

And he punched a guy that was endangering his girlfriend, if I remember correctly. The way they’re acting about it is ridiculous! 

On 7/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, Lebanna said:

Helen is an idiot and she’s crazy to be practically apologizing to Ryan and feeling so bad for him for possibly not being able to have kids now that he left her hanging for years and refused to have kids with her and let her go through a miscarriage and IVF alone. This storyline is completely ridiculous. Of course she shouldn’t choose him, for the reasons that she should never have chosen him. Why are they expecting us to watch this nonsense again and have any patience for it.

I've already watched all 10 episodes but I want to drop this comment here. I have never understood the Helen-Ryan relationship and I've thought since S1 that it's because Ryan is completely miscast. The actor is really bland and it isn't believable that the formidable Helen has been pining for this milquetoast her entire life. There's no chemistry between them and never has been. He also appears about a decade younger than her. Unfortunately, this adds up to not selling their relationship for me at all, ever. Helen and Erik, OTOH...🔥

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jillybean said:

The actor is really bland and it isn't believable that the formidable Helen has been pining for this milquetoast her entire life. There's no chemistry between them and never has been.

For the first couple of episodes this season, I wasn't even sure if it was the same actor, even after I'd just watched Season 2, Episode 10 to remind myself what happened. That's how little of an impression the actor left on me.

The most passionate thing he did was show up with milkshakes. They were probably vanilla milkshakes 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
On 7/21/2023 at 2:36 AM, Adgirl said:

Why does the actor who plays Bill squint so much?

He concentrating real hard to do a Southern accent.

I never understood the casting for that role. No disrespect to Chris Klein, but if the accent was that important for the part, there are so many actors who are from the South who would sound more convincing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I'm so glad that they included a recap because I totally forgot about all the drama that went down last season, especially with Cal. Everyone is acting like he murdered a random person in cold blood when he just punched a guy who clearly started it while defending Maddie. This is all such drama over nothing! 

This show is so light and silly, its the kind of show where I can easily watch it while doing chores in the background. Its frequently ridiculous but I really do like watching it.

• Like 3
On 7/24/2023 at 12:19 PM, mrsbagnet said:

He concentrating real hard to do a Southern accent.

I never understood the casting for that role. No disrespect to Chris Klein, but if the accent was that important for the part, there are so many actors who are from the South who would sound more convincing.

Thanks, I almost spit water all over my computer. LOL

• LOL 1

This season is too DanaSue focused and I've never loved the character. It's disappointing because I really liked the actress in Drop Dead Gorgeous.

Cal is not as "hot" this season. His hair is awful. I think he and Maddy had chemistry in the beginning but now they just seem awkward.

I think Helen and Ryan were supposed to be the other key storyline I hardly noticed their relationship.

Did they switch Katie? Kyle and Ty are aging out of this show. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, deaja said:

And he punched a guy that was endangering his girlfriend, if I remember correctly. The way they’re acting about it is ridiculous! 

A very puritanical town where every teenage argument can be ended by their parents saying their name in a tone and them the child apologizing profusely and excusing themselves (even when the child is right) ridiculous.

• Like 1

Though I do roll my eyes at some of the dialog and the drama, this show is kind of a palate cleanser for me.  It's a good show to watch before bed. 

I do still love Helen, though the Ryan storyline is ridiculous.  I agree with @Jillybean that they have no chemistry and there's much more heat with Erik. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Though I do roll my eyes at some of the dialog and the drama, this show is kind of a palate cleanser for me.  It's a good show to watch before bed. 

I do still love Helen, though the Ryan storyline is ridiculous.  I agree with @Jillybean that they have no chemistry and there's much more heat with Erik. 

Putting my comment in spoiler mode just in case...

Spoiler

Even though it looked like in the last episode that Eric might be willing to give Helen another chance, I wonder how he will feel knowing that he was her second choice?  From Helen's POV, yeah, she would always wonder "What If" for the rest of her life if she didn't give Ryan a second chance, but from Eric's POV, there might always be a tiny nugget within him that questions just how deep her feelings are for him, since she *did* give Ryan another chance even though she & Eric were an item.

• Like 1