Type keyword(s) to search

S01.07 Did you think you'd get a prince?

• Start Topic

Chad overshares on his first date in Colombia. Harold's date continues in his hotel room. Michelle enlists the help of a matchmaker to find her prince. Nathaly has a spiritual connection with her date. Mark's date's family greets him at the door.

I loved watching Harold on his date, and  if he gets married I'd watch a whole miniseries about them planning the wedding.  

I find Michelle much more likable as a person than Susan, but it is going to be really hard to find her a match, especially in the Czech Republic.

I am seriously becoming concerned about Nathaly's safety at this point, because I really like her and am very worried that she seemed totally unaware of the fact that a guy who announces he communicates with angels on a first date has a lot of issues.  She could have benefited a lot from a competent matchmaker, who could have hopefully explained a bit more about men (she seems a bit sheltered and has limited experience dating).  Juan's solution seems to be encouraging her to have a lot of sex, which she isn't ready for.    Hopefully when she comes back to the US, a matchmaker who does this primarily as a hobby will volunteer to try to help her.  

• Like 8

Nathaly comes across like Kelly Kapoor and I am NOT saying that because she is South Asian. She just seems reeaally immature to me when she need not. Any guy on the first date who says he keeps his spiritual life quiet because it interferes with getting laid is just just a douchebag. Come on! No need to feel conflicted over this guy. Jettison him - not gentlemanly at all. She is so cute - the only thing keeping her romantic life down is her own personal baggage and a guy who picks crappy dates for her. 

Harold + Michaela = breath of fresh air for this seasoned romance reality show watcher - They just seem so earnest and genuine. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I loved watching Harold on his date, and  if he gets married I'd watch a whole miniseries about them planning the wedding. 

I am totally on Team Harold. As part of a Nerd marriage myself, I trust a relationship built on the solid ground of being a weirdo.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Nathaly comes across like Kelly Kapoor

OMG!! YES!!! I couldn't STAND that character and as a consequence I can barely tolerate Mindy Kaling on my screen. I see here popping up a lot lately because of her weight loss/body transformation and each time, I want to scream "OZEMPIC!!!" lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I only watch now for Harold and Michaela. She seems sincerely into him and it was cute when she showed him pictures of herself in costume. She seemed genuinely interested in his work even though she didn’t fully understand it. I hope it works out, they seem like a perfect match. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

So, the cowboy’s criteria was that she had to be tall, brunette and beautiful.  Yup, a great basis for a relationship.  

And loved how the 44 year old is considered too old by his date.   Bet he never thought she wouldn’t be interested in him.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

So, the cowboy’s criteria was that she had to be tall, brunette and beautiful.  Yup, a great basis for a relationship.  

And loved how the 44 year old is considered too old by his date.   Bet he never thought she wouldn’t be interested in him.  

When her brother said, "You're old." I could only hear it in Butthead's voice followed by his laugh.

• LOL 8
(edited)

So...this is all fake, right? Or at least the "matchmakers" are in on the scam and doing what they are doing to get max drama? Or maybe Nina just hates Mark as much as I do. Otherwise, I don't know why a matchmaker setting a client up for success wouldnt' take a few mins to go over what is appropriate attire for a first date and meeting family. She said dress to impress and he wore a suit. I would have done the same as a man. His date's family laughed at his formal attire. She didnt' tell the woman his age?? Girl seemed shocked and a little shook when she heard 44. No translator? Sitting there in awkward silence with broken English for 30 minutes? I would have been dripping with sweat from the nerves. 

Chad is the stereotypical American man looking for a mail order bride. She checked his boxes in terms of physical appearance so he was ready to propose and was gushing how she was exactly what he wanted in a wife. OK....how are you going to fill your time together? Mowing grass?? 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

What is up with Chad’s mouth and his manner of speech? I don’t mean anything mean or snarky about it.

Not sure if it’s something Southern, but I’m from the South and I’ve seen it before. Similar to someone chewing tobacco but Chad isn’t. Just curious. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Are they going to continue to introduce a new person each episode?  We have enough now.  Also, the intro for each person only needs to be done once per episode.  Do they think we have no attention span?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tango64 said:

What is up with Chad’s mouth and his manner of speech? I don’t mean anything mean or snarky about it.

Not sure if it’s something Southern, but I’m from the South and I’ve seen it before. Similar to someone chewing tobacco but Chad isn’t. Just curious. 

I thought I saw an outline in his back pocket of a tobacco can in his first episode. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Tango64 said:

I'm fairly certain he had "chew" in his mouth in his THs. People addicted to smokeless tobacco think that because it's inside their mouths it can't be seen (or know that it can be but don't care), but it changes the shape of their mouth and their speech.

My stepfather had this disgusting habit. I'm pretty sure it was in his mouth during his vows at his 5th wedding. The constant spitting, half-full soda bottles of spit and tobacco juice, the smell...I can barely look at this dude without dredging up really gross memories. Imagine kissing him. :shudder:

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I do hope for Harold and Michaela to work out, but dude, slow your role by inviting the lady to your room. I could see she was hesitant. Oh Mark, go back to Arizona, please. I would assume that you tell your matchmaker the age range you are looking for, so why is he or his matchmaker finding women 20 years his junior and then complaining they don't have enough life experience?  Nathaly, I do like her and I think she is just doing all of this to piss her mom off, but has the guilt about it. The new girl from N.C, not sure if I could tolerate a guy that dressed up like Prince Charming and did parties, but she clearly likes it. She does have an amazing smile, but let us see how this works out for her. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Harold is such an innocent! His big sweet smile after inviting Michaela to his room was as cute as a box of kittens! He really did want to show her his etchings! 

See...I don't think he is such an "innocent." I like him, I hope they work out, but I really think a lot of this is put on for the cameras. I mean in terms of "I have no clue about reading people"....I think he was testing her boundaries. He saw that she hesitated about the invite until he said that he had pictures and his rock collection, etc. Then she was more at ease and went for it. She asked about seeing pictures and you can see he hesitates for a sec like, Uh WTF is she talking about I am on vacation I don't have photos to whip out. Then he remembered his line. 

I mean, guys, back me up or correct me if I am wrong---single men do this. At least, my now husband for some reason has some sense of pride about how when he was single he was a giant man ho' and player. I told him it sort of surprised me because he was (seriously) one of maybe 3 men I met online who didn't send a dick pic and didn't turn the conversations in a sexual direction. Hell, he almost didn't get a second date because he didn't even walk me to my car after date one, let alone try to kiss me. He said, well if I walked you out, I would have wanted to ask you back to my place and I could tell, you weren't that kind of woman. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I am the Queen Cynic, Stuckathome, and you've given me food for thought, but I'll  need to see more of the big lug before I lose faith in Harold! 

As for "single men do this":  I was married for 41 years, and had a few suitors prior, not that I can remember that far back! If you mean that men behave as women allow them to, aka, "test" boundaries, I don't know. Where's the romance in that? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

See...I don't think he is such an "innocent." I like him, I hope they work out, but I really think a lot of this is put on for the cameras. I mean in terms of "I have no clue about reading people"....I think he was testing her boundaries. He saw that she hesitated about the invite until he said that he had pictures and his rock collection, etc. Then she was more at ease and went for it. She asked about seeing pictures and you can see he hesitates for a sec like, Uh WTF is she talking about I am on vacation I don't have photos to whip out. Then he remembered his line. 

I mean, guys, back me up or correct me if I am wrong---single men do this. At least, my now husband for some reason has some sense of pride about how when he was single he was a giant man ho' and player. I told him it sort of surprised me because he was (seriously) one of maybe 3 men I met online who didn't send a dick pic and didn't turn the conversations in a sexual direction. Hell, he almost didn't get a second date because he didn't even walk me to my car after date one, let alone try to kiss me. He said, well if I walked you out, I would have wanted to ask you back to my place and I could tell, you weren't that kind of woman. 

Or he could have been behaving how he thought he was supposed to, saw she was uncomfortable, realized he had made a mistake and tried to fix it. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/28/2023 at 8:54 AM, Stuckathome said:

I totally appreciate your point of view and I get it. However isn’t Harold on the spectrum ? I only say this because I believe he disclosed his diagnosis. I have two family members on the spectrum and what they say is what they mean….but they try extra hard to read social cues and it can come across poorly. I think he overdid it…but interactions can be a challenge. If he is being manipulative then she deserves better. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I totally appreciate your point of view and I get it. However isn’t Harold on the spectrum ? I only say this because I believe he disclosed his diagnosis. I have two family members on the spectrum and what they say is what they mean….but they try extra hard to read social cues and it can come across poorly. I think he overdid it…but interactions can be a challenge. If he is being manipulative then she deserves better. 

I think he has good intentions and is trying hard.  It is like when he says something, pauses and then smiles.  I think he is following a script in his head, trying hard to fit in.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

However isn’t Harold on the spectrum ?

Yes, he said he is on the spectrum. I honestly would not have realized it though because there are a lot of socially awkward, socially clueless people in my field (physics) and he strikes me as one more of us nerds. I do like him and find him and Michaela a breath of fresh air in this reality tv sewer. Which, apparently is a very romantic place...who knew 😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 6/26/2023 at 8:43 PM, DanaMB said:

I thought I saw an outline in his back pocket of a tobacco can in his first episode. 

Caught that immediately. Live in Oklahoma and it's impossible not to notice that circle shape. It was in the back pocket of his jeans.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

On social media, Chad is, not surprisingly, a transphobe, an ageist and a racist. He is also quick to anger.

Truth always comes out.

Does TLC ever do their research? Or do they just not care until they’re “caught.”

Way to live up to a stereotype, Chad. Asshole. 

• Like 2
On 7/2/2023 at 4:21 PM, Burning Rubber said:

On social media, Chad is, not surprisingly, a transphobe, an ageist and a racist. He is also quick to anger.

Truth always comes out.

And, THESE are the reasons he's been engaged 3 times, never made it to the wedding and is searching the international internets to find some female who MIGHT be able to stomach his crap!

But really; he's a loser and finding some international woman who is as big a loser, is gonna be a real quest.  I picture him alone, mowing the grass at home, for the next 50 years.

• Like 3