Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: You're A Winner Baby

• Start Topic

I can't disagree with the bottom two sadly. Both Kandy and LaLa did not create outfits as fabulous as the other outfits. But I am disappointed that Alexis went back on her "word." I know LaLa wasn't going to win, but of the ones left, personality wise, she was my favorite. So this was disappointing. 

• Like 12

Yeah, I’m not surprised that Alexis went back on her word.  She’s on Twitter saying she regretted it the moment she did it, but I don’t believe her.  She is just an indecisive, insecure mess…always has been, always will be.  I guess I prefer that personality to Kandy’s unrepentant bitch one, but not by much.  Jimbo for the win.

• Like 11

I will admit that I don't mind (almost like) Kandy when she's not bullying someone.

That being said, Alexis that was some bullshit.

She must be more afraid of Kandy (and her fans) than she is of being called out for being untrustworthy. I mean, if you're going to be vilified either way you might as well do the honourable thing and keep your promise.

• Like 8

Truth be told, I was rooting for Alexis and Jimbo.  Now, I'm rooting for Jimbo.  What Alexis did to Lala was wrong on so many different levels.  I hope she is the next to go.  

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I will admit that I don't mind (almost like) Kandy when she's not bullying someone.

That being said, Alexis that was some bullshit.

She must be more afraid of Kandy (and her fans) than she is of being called out for being untrustworthy. I mean, if you're going to be vilified either way you might as well do the honourable thing and keep your promise.

Well, the "fans" did this to Alexis after S9, so if we want to blame anyone, it should be the viewers of these shows. They're ridiculous and unrelenting, and the contestants of this show owe nothing to anyone except themselves. And yet -- sure enough -- Alexis was immediately on social media after the episode, apologizing for her "behaviour". This forum is fine, but I really can't stand the vitriolic (and idiotic) Drag Race commentary on any other social media platform these days.

• Like 5

Oh god I would never dream of saying any of this stuff to them directly, that's just gross. They provided entertainment, and I just didn't like the way it played out, end of story. Nothing personal, it's just drag.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Oh god I would never dream of saying any of this stuff to them directly, that's just gross. They provided entertainment, and I just didn't like the way it played out, end of story. Nothing personal, it's just drag.

I wasn't commenting on your comment -- just the general tenor of the conversation across social media.🙂

Alexis isn't my favourite DR contestant, but I want to support all the queens on these shows these days because she -- like all the others -- are providing excellent drag content on a national platform for us viewers, and we don't even have to throw a tip to them as they perform (and for very little remuneration). 

Drag Race has me in a bind. I dislike the queens' treatment on the show (unless we're talking about the minority of them, like Jimbo and Jessica, who seem to know how to use the show for what it is), but this is the only way that I'll get to see any type of drag content. It's not like any of them are going to tromp through the boreal forest to put on a show in my town of seven thousand in northwestern Alberta.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2

I can't believe what I just witnessed!   Why, Alexis, why?  I actually was pulling for Alexis to make it to the finale and now I'm just so disappointed that she didn't eliminate Kandy.  What was she thinking?!?  I think she just dug her own grave as far as this competition goes.  I'm now rooting for Jimbo and Jessica.  

• Like 7

I thought Nicky Doll won that lip sync. Disappointing that Alexis went back on her implied word. But the Moose enraged is a scary thing, so I can understand - remembering the fear with which Alexis backed down during the Heidi interchange over what Kandy said about getting Jimbo out - Alexis being scared of the ramifications of being the one to boot her.

Hate these stupid All-Stars rules. No-one should be getting hate for making difficult decisions under pressure.

• Like 6

This was a long episode of mostly nothing happening in the workroom except endless misdirection that Jimbo somehow wasn't going to manage the time (when, if you're backstage working on costumes in live theatre, you know how to handle the crunch.)  The bottom two was obvious; the two queens who tend to struggle to turn out great runway looks.  But just like how I'll never believe that production wasn't behind the 'votes' excluding Shangela from the top 2 in her AS season, I think the producers steered Alexis's hand to Lala Ri's lipstick. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I didn’t really like any of the outfits and it seemed like there was some amazing fabric in those boxes. I honestly feel like Alexis is afraid of Kandy and she might have received a nudge from production to keep her as well. I always have one or two favorites to win but just feel meh this year. Jimbo is the most talented but she lacks what Michelle would call ‘vulnerability’. Kandy is just awful and Jessica and Alexis are fine but not star quality to me. 

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Glade said:

This was a long episode of mostly nothing happening in the workroom except endless misdirection that Jimbo somehow wasn't going to manage the time (when, if you're backstage working on costumes in live theatre, you know how to handle the crunch.)  

On this week's Roscoe's viewing party, Heidi said that Jimbo really is terrible with time management and was always late on set. I wouldn't chalk this one up to production shenanigans...except for the fact that they made it the ENTIRE PLOT of the episode.

1 hour ago, littlebennysmom said:

Lord, I feel like I need therapy after each of these episodes.  So depressing.

Well, it looks like Alexis is using the show as therapy. That's even more depressing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I don't have access to Untucked, did something happen there that might have prompted Alexis to break her promise to LaLa?

There is a reason, but it wasn't something that started on Untucked.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Alexis sent notes asking Kandy, Heidi and Jimbo to be in an alliance. Alexis referenced it in Untucked. And she referenced Kandy never responded and asked if she was onboard.

Here's why--from Untucked discussion.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2

The only reason I can think of as to why Alexis chose to send home Lala instead of Kandi is because she was afraid of Kandi.  I have a feeling she was afraid of having to face her wrath if she had lost the lip sync and the other ladies chose to send Lala home.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well that lip sync outcome was enraging tho it was so great to see Nicki again. So classy of Alexis to boot LaLa right after LaLa saved her ass, succumbing to the pressure of keeping Ru's fave in the competition. 

I will miss LaLa's delightful talking heads & propensity to swipe makeup from the Ladies Room they use to vote. I want her to have all the success in the world! 

I continue to root for Jimbo & my love Jessica for the win but we should brace for Ru's fave to be crowned. 

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I continue to root for Jimbo & my love Jessica for the win but we should brace for Ru's fave to be crowned. 

I doubt that that would ever happen. Kandy's edit has not been favourable at all this season, and Production has become extremely sensitive to feedback on social media; if a queen isn't loved, or at least admired, by the majority of viewers, she's not going to win. Kandy's the sacrificial goat who'll be used to prop up and flatter the ultimate winner, so I can certainly see her making it right to the end -- just not winning.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I wonder if she has enough self-awareness to realize that.

I understand how and why people who are part of a perceived underclass will decide to be over-the-top confident in order to shake their ass at the haters, and I say go for it. Fuck the haters.

It's only when they don't realize they're also hurting good, decent people that it starts to bother me.

• Like 1