Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Loose Lips Sink Friendships

• Start Topic

The crew has the day off, and even Capt. Glenn recharges by enjoying Parsifal III all to himself and riding the eFoil; Colin saves the day clearing the clogged toilets, but he gets jammed up when his honest opinion strikes a chord.

Airdate: 06.11.2023

Looks like episodes 10 and 11 are airing back to back on original airing; please be sure to comment in correct topic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Like a shell-shocked fan who’s sat through too much crew drama, these comments are in order of the episode scenes broadcast.

We interrupt this shit-show to bring you a tip meeting that should have been in the previous episode, but poo was found more fascinating.  And $13K is no shit!  Of course, it’s no apology for accusing the crew of theft, but hey, a tip’s a tip!

It’s Gary’s birthday!  No, he’s not 3, he just acts that old sometimes.

Kudos to Chase for apologising last episode for this previous behaviour to Lucy.  He promises to make less of an ass of himself this time. 

Chase did go right to bed (and pass out) after the crew came back to the boat, and as usual, Captain Glenn was asleep and being responsible.  But now we have to have the rest of the group exchange furtive looks, spit up in the hot tub, and otherwise continue the drunken revels of yore.

Gary:  “The feelings I have for Mads are not the feelings I have for Daisy.”  Yes, Gary, but the feelings you have for you are the strongest of all.

The crew awakens to the mess and shame of the night before.  Glenn seems to be having the most fun of all of them, on his own with the water toys.

Colin has to make chef Ileisha cry because he says the chef from the previous season was so much better?!  What the bloody hell?!  In this case, Chase gives him sound advice – when comparing a woman to someone else, tell her she’s the best.  Colin: “You mean I should lie through my teeth?”  Chase: “Yes!”  A day late and a euro short on the apology, Colin, but at least you made one.

The look on Daisy’s face (as she looked right at the camera) when Gary publicly told her how amazing sex with her was… oh, man, Gary, will you ever grow up.  Then Daisy regales us with some of their sex history with Gary.  Sheesh.

I’m as much a fan of Moliere farces as anyone, but this one on BDSY has just gone on too long.

Thank goodness the interior of those vans was vinyl – just hose it off after the crew leaves.

What will happen next week?  Will Colin forgive Daisy?  And Gary?  Will Gary grow up?  Will Alex sober up?  And… what’s this… the engine fails AGAIN?!  Stay tuned, if you can stop crying (for mercy)…

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I've considered on more than one occasion that those vans must have a special arrangement with the production company to help with clean up and decontamination after the crew shenanigans.  

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why Gary is PDAing all over Daisy, in front of Colin and Mads.  And, Daisy didn't really put a stop to it, in any significant way.  I was kind of hoping Daisy and Colin would get together, but now I think he deserves better.  But, it looks like there will be more drama in part 2...hopefully Colin won't be a jerk.  I really admire him.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I did not get why Daisy didn’t say, “no,Gary, you may not lay your head in my lap, you may not kiss me, and you may not grope me.” I have friends. We do none of those things. He is spectacularly inappropriate and I refuse to believe he does not know that. And she is needy and dumb for indulging it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I think Daisy is loving having two men panting after her. She has probably never had this much attention from men before and it is flattering to her. If Colin doesn't work out she'll get back with Gary. I've never seen the amount of smoking on any of the other reality shows as I have with Below Deck. It's gross right up there with the sexual hijinks that Bravo is obsessed with showing week after week. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Based on the comments from all the guys, Daisy's no stranger to male attention.

IMHO she was hesitant to tell Gary to get bent because he'd just told her that she'd hurt his feelings.  She was rightly confused because they've always bantered.  I believe he did that simply because he was jealous she & Colin were hooking up and he wanted her attention. He knew acting like a hurt puppy dog would garner her sympathy. He's a self-centered jerk.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Glenn must really sleep like a log, I can't believe these loudmouth drunks aren't waking him up when they get back from their off-boat excursions. (I seriously doubt he's listening to humpback whale documentaries either. I think they show edits that in for laughs.)

Do we really need to hear Gary and Mads having sex? Are they mic'd? Is there some rule that they're not allow to turn off their mics or take them off? I'm fairly certain the guest cabins are not mic'd, I seriously doubt the guests would go for that. This really seemed kind of performative. I mean, Gary and Mads know they can be heard by production and this will be broadcast on TV. Either they're pervy exhibitionists or they're just playing it up for the producers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Based on the comments from all the guys, Daisy's no stranger to male attention.

IMHO she was hesitant to tell Gary to get bent because he'd just told her that she'd hurt his feelings.  She was rightly confused because they've always bantered.  I believe he did that simply because he was jealous she & Colin were hooking up and he wanted her attention. He knew acting like a hurt puppy dog would garner her sympathy. He's a self-centered jerk.

I was thinking the same thing.  Gary made Daisy promise not to hurt his feelings on his birthday, and then proceeded to do whatever inappropriate actions he wanted. What a nasty little manipulator.  I'm sad Daisy fell for it.  I liked that Mads said she was sorry she did not develop something with Alex who was a full grown man, but went for Gary who was a little boy.

On the bright side, I loved seeing Gary jump into Lucy's arms, only to be dropped on his noggin.  And, the face in the cake- chef's kiss!

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1

I know it's put in in post, but just before it trailed off, Glenn's whale documentary was getting into how they have multiple partners.

And watching him on the surfboard thing was the best part of the episode.

• Like 10

Colin wasn't hiding his feelings.

"You f'ed him twice?"

He left Daisy right then and there.

Yeah considering that they're not too much alike, Daisy can't be too surprised Colin is aghast that she could be drawn to both of them, since he probably thinks he's nothing like Gary.

• Like 8

My biggest frustration with this episode, other than Colin suggesting that Ileasha wasn't as good a chef as Marcos last season (just a rude, unnecessary comment.  Come on, Colin!), is that when Colin made it very clear that he needed to be alone to process and sort things out, Daisy was acting like a controlling, possessive stalker.  Didn't want to let him out of her cabin, kept shutting/slamming the door (which I'm sure the people trying to sleep appreciated) and then followed him to his cabin and pretty much had to be ordered out.  

How old are you, Daisy?  Give the man his space.  Were I Colin, that would have been an absolute deal breaker for me -- provided that sleeping with Gary wasn't a deal breaker.  

Honestly, at this point I feel like Gary and Daisy were made for each other.  They're both immature.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1

Two scenes stick in my mind, and craw. One is where Colin tells the chef she isn't as good as the previous one...and made her cry. She is such a sweet gal. How could he? It was just downright mean. Lost all respect for him then and there. Second was when Gary arrogantly says he doesn't have to apologize to Colin....basically, F%$& him. Colin was a good and loyal friend to Gary. Maybe one of the friends you could have even when you are both old men. It meant nothing to Gary. Just tossed him out like yesterdays bath water. Pathetic move Gary.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

I agree Colin didn't need to say what he did to the chef.

But didn't he say Marcos was "next level," not necessarily that Marcos was next level beyond Ileisha but just that he was great?

He didn't say she wasn't good, but certain implied, or maybe he said it explicitly, that he was better than her.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Gary made Daisy promise not to hurt his feelings on his birthday, and then proceeded to do whatever inappropriate actions he wanted. What a nasty little manipulator.  I'm sad Daisy fell for it.  I liked that Mads said she was sorry she did not develop something with Alex who was a full grown man, but went for Gary who was a little boy.

On the bright side, I loved seeing Gary jump into Lucy's arms, only to be dropped on his noggin.  And, the face in the cake- chef's kiss!

That is exactly what he did.  He was hurt that Daisy and Colin hooked up and totally went after Daisy.  And Colin realized watching them that Gary was being a jealous little bitch only because Daisy was no longer "available".  I hate that this love triangle has happened as I like this crew, especially these 3.  Where do they go from this?

Not sure why Colin was mad or surprised Daisy and Gary slept together. I thought they were kind of obvious about it at the finale of last season.  Weren't they in the same hotel room and Andy gave them up by the end of the finale.  Anyway, unless Daisy told him they never slept together I could get it.  At least from the previews it appears Colin is upset with both of them and not just Daisy which happens so often where the woman is solely blamed. 

I hope this does not rip this BD franchise apart.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, aghst said:

But didn't he say Marcos was "next level," not necessarily that Marcos was next level beyond Ileisha but just that he was great?

He didn't say she wasn't good, but certain implied, or maybe he said it explicitly, that he was better than her.

Yeah I thought running to the bathroom to cry was an immature reaction from Ileisha. It was still a dickish thing for Colin to say to her though. And I think she's just as good as Marcos - and hasn't sliced off part of her scalp yet either. Although that burn on her hand looked pretty nasty.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Tanukisan said:

It’s Gary’s birthday!  No, he’s not 3, he just acts that old sometimes.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Tanukisan said:

Gary:  “The feelings I have for Mads are not the feelings I have for Daisy.”  Yes, Gary, but the feelings you have for you are the strongest of all.

You were on FIRE for this episode, @Tanukisan.

Edited to add this.  I think we've heard someone farting in every episode this season.  Christ on a cracker.  I know farts are supposedly always funny, but not to me.  It doesn't add to my enjoyment of the show.

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2023 at 4:25 AM, 65mickey said:

I think Daisy is loving having two men panting after her. She has probably never had this much attention from men before and it is flattering to her. If Colin doesn't work out she'll get back with Gary. I've never seen the amount of smoking on any of the other reality shows as I have with Below Deck. It's gross right up there with the sexual hijinks that Bravo is obsessed with showing week after week. 

The drinking and the smoking is mind boggling in this day and age.  Honestly i think quite a few have the makings to become or already are alcoholics…. and not just a fun night out.

• Like 2

Well Daisy is Irish and Gary is South African.

I don't think smoking has declined as much in those countries as they have in the US.

I remember learning that smoking was banned in Irish pubs and was surprised, didn't think something like that would happen.

• Like 1