Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: The Snatch Game of Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

I didn't really need another reason to dislike Kandy, but thanks anyway Heidi.

Poor Heidi! One of the biggest problems for this season now is that it doesn't leave a clear alternate to Jimbo should someone take her out at some point in the competition. Jessica? Sure, I guess. Alexis? Meh. I really wanted to love Jaymes coming into this season, but she's really just delivered the same note for five episodes now. Kandy's been mediocre, and LaLa and Kahanna are not winning this season. 

• Like 5

There had to be something else going on for Heidi to leave so abruptly. I really can’t stand Kandy. So now we just watch for Jimbo get crowned? There is really no other competition. I did love seeing Bowen Yang, he is hysterical. 

• Like 7
(edited)

Heidi leaving was deeeeeeeeepressing. Casts a shadow over the whole season, and not in a "good for you for leaving on your own terms!" kind of way.

It felt unnecessary for her to leave and rather immature and almost like a stunt...but also, it was probably a reaction to her thinking about how her alliance had quickly turned on itself. It seemed to be eating away at her.

Heidi's the person who flipped out on the group back in her original season just for picking on Aiden too much. She seems like a sensitive person who hates bullies and drama.

Then, in one episode she does a mediocre Snatch Game, gets called a bully more or less and then gets thrown under the bus for revealing that Jimbo was going to be betrayed...maybe. And Alexis backpedals, making her look worse. That's a lot.

I think she feared a "this is why Derrick don't like you!" backlash and opted to walk before she was made into a villain or something.

It was silly. I'd like to think she's smarter than her peers and able to be strong. Oh well.

I was definitely rooting for her and Jimbo to go all the way.

I think the elimination format on AS is going to die out. Queens don't like looking like failures.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Overall, this snatch game was really hilarious, most of the queens did really well, the snatchelors (esp. Bowen, the only Yang I'd vote for!) were so much fun themselves and made the right choices.  Joking in character about other contestant's flubs has always been a part of snatch game; beyond that, I am disappointed that Kahana didn't at least have a costume change (a wig and dress) to put on, since Coco is not just a person screaming in her makeup chair.  It's so sad that Heidi axed herself; I saw her as final 3, and she would have been the only fame gamer thus far who is actually worth watching.  Ru really had me worked up thinking there would be an elimination; but I don't agree that La La Ri was safe with Jessica landing in the bottom two.

Jessica's runway was another super fun reference, which I liked.  There's no arguing that Kahana isn't serving one hell of a body, but the only exciting part of Jayme's runway was the furry head; it was not enough.  Jimbo's Adam and Eve was fucking amazing, and undoubtedly sealed her much deserved win. Alexis had a good concept but both looks were so damn messy.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who's lipstick Jimbo takes because we know she's never going to nail it.  But it looks like it was, rightly, almost unanimous for Kahana to go home.

Darienne's bride to black widow wasn't bad, but did everyone bring a wedding dress?

Edited by Glade
  • Like 4

Blimey! That escalated fast. I found Heidi disingenuous, "Oh, were you upset?" Kahana actually said to her during the snatch game that she was chipping away at someone already not doing too well. I think Heidi could see she would probably be in the bottom two, and self-evicted. It's a pity to lose Heidi and still have Kandy Moose.

I can't even remember what the big tea was the previews threatened would be exposed. "Kandy said..." meh. It was all so choppy and really underwhelming.

Great to see Jimbo win another challenge, but less great to see Jimbo not win the lipsync.

• Like 3

So sad that Heidi left! But not at all surprised to see the real Kandi poking her head through. I was wondering how long she was gonna try to hold on to this fake ass persona she's been rocking this season. 

I never really watch Untucked and did today to see if there was any discussion as to why Alexis backtracked and no one even brought it up. And also, did these queens really think Heidi was in the bottom 2? Besides Jaymes, she was the only other person in her heat giving decent responses and getting laughs. Both Kahada and Jessica deserved to be in the bottom.

Is it just me or were a lot of these Ruveals weak as hell?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Glade said:

Overall, this snatch game was really hilarious, most of the queens did really well

It really was one of the best outings of "The Snatch Game of Love" -- and probably on par with AS6 -- but difficult to enjoy it within the context of the episode. Even Kahanna wasn't terrible, as much as Production would like us to think so. 

Heidi may have felt it necessary to leave because she was getting into a production-spurred fight with a good friend with whom she has an off-show career. She's scheduled to go on that celebrity cruise show with both Jimbo and Kandy in 2024 -- why screw that up just so it can create some drama for some reality show? Good for you, Heidi!

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Heidi leaving was deeeeeeeeepressing. Casts a shadow over the whole season, and not in a "good for you for leaving on your own terms!" kind of way.

It felt unnecessary for her to leave and rather immature and almost like a stunt...

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 3

Well that sucks. I wanted Heidi in the finale with Jimbo. This season was already pretty underwhelming compared to the absolute wonder that was AS Season 7. Thankfully there is Jimbo.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I never really watch Untucked and did today to see if there was any discussion as to why Alexis backtracked and no one even brought it up.

Right? To me Alexis' spinelessness was the jaw-dropping disappointment of the episode, and no one is talking about it. 

I think her blatant lying is what pushed Heidi over the edge, and Alexis' crying right after Heidi left was her silent acknowledgement that it was her fault. Heidi knew about Kandy's duplicitousness, but Alexis' utter cowardice was a slap in the face.

• Like 10
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Right? To me Alexis' spinelessness was the jaw-dropping disappointment of the episode, and no one is talking about it. 

I think her blatant lying is what pushed Heidi over the edge, and Alexis' crying right after Heidi left was her silent acknowledgement that it was her fault. Heidi knew about Kandy's duplicitousness, but Alexis' utter cowardice was a slap in the face.

But it's clear that Alexis wanted to stay out of the conversation, and probably should have said exactly that. It's also clear that Alexis is still thinking about the massive amount of hate that was directed at her after S9, and was eager to avoid that this time, but that deer-in-the-headlights moment showed that she didn't know how to pivot to change the direction and nature of the conversation. Given the massive amount of hate that this moment is generating for her -- once again -- I actually feel really badly for her.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1

Definitely a solid snatch game.

But this cements my feelings on Kandy. I just want her to go home.

Jimbo the clown continues to eat the challenges

Jaymes is starting to shine a bit

Alexis is uninteresting

Lala is still a budget queen

Kahanna is a fashion queen with not a lot else

Jessica Wild is fun and now I want her in the final with Jimbo.

JUSTICE FOR HEIDI!

• Like 8

I'm so disappointed that Heidi left.  I thought she was a shoe-in for the finale and could have won the whole thing.  I wonder if Kahanna feels bad for bringing up her feelings about the Snatch Game to Heidi.  Heidi was just playing it the way others have done in the past, but Kahanna felt insecure about this challenge and took it personally.  I believe what Heidi was sharing about Kandi trying to turn on Jimbo.  Earlier she said she had some big tea to spill, and I think that was it.  I wish Alexis had spoken up if she heard it, but I do believe she took a step back when Kandi confronted her.  

• Like 4

Kahanna has apparently said that she told Heidi before the snatch game that she was panicking, and that she had an actual panic attack. There were two other people on that side of the wall that Heidi could have parried off. I get that she maybe misread the situation, and maybe thought she was throwing Kahanna a bone to help her out as she was floundering. But having had it pointed out beforehand by Kahanna that it was overwhelming for her, and then said during the sketch, that Heidi was not helping, that she was punching down on someone who was clearly not doing well, it seemed meanspirited to keep throwing things at Kahanna (literally, in one case).

I was certainly expecting Heidi to last longer than that, and it does leave a big hole (they should not have booted Darienne and Mrs K Davis so soon, in my view) in terms of any contest with Jimbo. But then Kandy will probably orchestrate for Jimbo to leave the second J hits the bottom.

I don't know why Heidi left, why she was so over it, why Kandy's betrayal was a surprise, or whether or not she felt bad at Kahanna's distress, or a whole bundle of other things. But it was not Kahanna's fault.

2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Unfortunately. Ru and Michelle love Kandi for some strange reason. 

And that reason is that she is a polarizing figure who whips social media into a frenzy, thereby providing endless (free) advertising for the show. As seen in this, and every other thread in which she's discussed. 

I'm personally indifferent toward Kandy this season. She's -- like many others on this season -- had a rather mediocre showing in challenges and on the runway. 

• Like 4

After seeing so many amazing reveals in the past (AS 7 will live in my mind forever), I was disappointed with most of these runway looks.  I have to give it to Jimbo for coming up with something completely out of the box and Kahanna for coming out in what everyone would think was the end reveal look and going even further.  It was cute that Jessica gave a nod to her previous season as the chicken.  Alexis' look was also one of the better ones.  I think the others had issues with execution or originality.  I can't believe Michelle didn't comment on LaLa's bolt of fabric (as Bianca called it) wrapped around her.

• Like 2

Heidi leaving makes me so sad but if she needs to sustain her emotional/mental well being, I understand. I like Alexis but her wilting under any scrutiny by her competitors, throwing Heidi under the bus, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kandy is The Worst in everything, I want her gone but we all know she's Ru's fave & will be at least top 3. 

With Heidi gone this season is Jimbo's to lose, I like some of the remaining queens (not Kandy) but they're nowhere near Jimbo's creativity. 

There were times I LOL'd during the challenge (Bowen & Matt were so good!) but the majority of those Ru-veal looks were soooooo bad. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I was spoiled going into the season regarding Heidi's dropping out the race (an ex WoW employee was spilling the tea all over social media). Sad to see her go out like that. Alexis has admitted on a tiktok (with Jimbo) that she was intimidated by Kandy. Oh well. It seems like Kahanna is getting most of the flack. 

Nevertheless I'm here for the Jimbo World Domination as I guessed this season will be. It's Her Special Season!! So be it.

Edit. Absolutely loved Jayme's Jennifer Coolidge as well . This was a worthy Top3. 

Edited by Wonderlad71
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

Alexis has admitted on a tiktok (with Jimbo) that she was intimidated by Kandy.

Yeah we all know Kandy's a bully. I need to remember these are real people and give Alexis a break. I've been bullied too.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
13 hours ago, Starchild said:

Yeah we all know Kandy's a bully. I need to remember these are real people and give Alexis a break. I've been bullied too.

And this probably means we are stuck with Kandy to the end. 

And does anyone really doubt that Kandy would vote out Jimbo if given the chance?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And this probably means we are stuck with Kandy to the end. 

And does anyone really doubt that Kandy would vote out Jimbo if given the chance?

Well no, but these are Production's rules -- not Kandy's -- so I won't hold that against her. But really, she should worry about her own performance in this season instead of Jimbo's.

In any case, Jimbo, Heidi, and Kandy are doing their tour, so they seem to be good now notwithstanding anything that may have happened on this show.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

In any case, Jimbo, Heidi, and Kandy are doing their tour, so they seem to be good now notwithstanding anything that may have happened on this show.

Presuming there wasn't a preexisting contractual obligation that would require them to work together regardless of how they felt about each other, of course.

• Like 2