Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

I'm pretty convinced it was a ploy to up viewership or keeping those who were on the fence about leaving and create a "buzz" around the show.

I'd believe they had something planned if they ever had any sort of plan for this that stuck. 

• Love 1
BTW, has anyone seen Hex's jewelry? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

You can see a few pieces of it here.

It cracks me up that they've got the crates for sale under "invest in us" for seventy-five bucks apiece.  So they/re asking for people to support them in their creation of a new society in which people are bullied and pizza is ordered frequently.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 1

I'm not sure that was sabotage. Kristin told Bella last night that the auction function didn't work and her painting, instead of being auctioned, was 'sold' but to three different people. So as I recall she said she had to email the folks and refund the 'buy' money and let them know it was for auction and one person came back and offered two hundred dollars. So unless the others top that then the painting will be sold at auction for two hundred dollars to one of the people. 

That Kristen's a real sharp one when it comes to computer ---- has anything she promised been delivered on time?  For such an "expert" she has pretty lousy computer skills.

I am not the most tech savvy person out there, and even know how to set up websites (granted I have to use an on-line tool), personal email accounts/folders, and host an on-line auction.

This brings up a question: how is it people can delete email belonging to someone else ..... do they all have one account that they share? 

You can see a few pieces of it here.

It cracks me up that they've got the crates for sale under "invest in us" for seventy-five bucks apiece.  So they/re asking for people to support them in their creation of a new society in which people are bullied and pizza is ordered frequently.

They're awfully pricey for something you can make easily enough ...... and who writes those articles?  They're awful.

• Love 1

He also told her that he was going to help her become 'an adult'. To the medical doctor who seems to be all grown up to me.

Thank you for the detailed write-up on Cal. It covers much of what bothers me about him. I try not to spend too long listening to him, but I did hear when he made the comments to Nikki about being an adult. He said "You're on the cusp of becoming an adult, and I want to support you in that." And I thought exactly what you did, Andyourlittledog2: by the time you've gone through college and medical school and gone out in the world, you're at least as much of an adult as everyone else out there, and probably more. Definitely more, if your peer group is Utopia.

• Love 1

I find a few things of interest today.

Bella milked a cow over an hour early this morning.  When she was caught, she claimed her watch was set at the wrong time - quite possibly by someone else.  Amanda said Bella claimed she could not wake up Amanda this morning.  Amanda feels she was possibly set up to look bad.

Bella also let all three cows loose at the same time, and somehow allowed Betsy to enter the chicken coop.  She also refused to properly restrain the cow during milking, making it more dangerous.  

Mike shared a "new strategy" with Rob on how to get rid of Dedeker.  (This is completely new to me.  I know they broke up, but this.....)

Those who said telling Rob that Mike was cooking the books was pointless - correct.  Rob was told, and he reported it to Mike.

Mike and Rob talked a lot about production.  Mike said he's been called in and warned.  They dislike being portrayed as bullies (then stop acting like one).

The fallout from "making Aaron till is racist" which resulted in Chris crying, left Mike sad.  Chris is his favorite.

During another fruitless meeting about Bella possibly separating and buying her own food, Bella was portrayed as a selfish glutton.  Even Ernesto chimed in with pregnant Amanda has to make due with the same small amount of money.  Following the conversation of selfish Bella wanting to waste money to feed herself, Rob decides that he will order ten pizzas and pop for Friday.  And, he states, since Nikki will complain, he will buy her a head of cabbage (dick).

Amanda and Nikki had a discussion about Nikki being told that she will be responsible for everyone's meal, breakfast and dinner, for three days.  Amanda expressed concern that Nikki was being set up.  And ....... she was right.  Aaron, Mike, and Rob, will make Nikki cook at the end of the week (when there's little food), and not warn her until it's too late for her to order food.

I really hate most of these people.

• Love 9

So my theory is Cal is a former cult leader hiding out in Utopia because he attempted to make "adults" out of one too many of his "sister-daughters" on his last compound. He is a fucking CREEP.

These Udopians won't have futures as reality stars but they have a ready made staff for a 'for profit' prison. Or a concentration camp.

- Poor leader with questionable financial practices (Mike)

- Unsanitary cook who uses starvation as punishment ( Aaron)

-Pseudo psycobabbling spiritual counselor with probable sex offender status (Cal)

- Rage-aholic correctional officer with "little man" syndrome (Rob)

- Unskilled uneducated uninformed unquestioning stooge support staff (Hex, Tyler, Kristen, Chris, Dedeker, Bri)

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 6

Oh and another of Kristen's new business plans is setting up a blog. So we get to pay money to watch her on the feeds sit at a computer all day and spew her thoughts that no one cares about and will probably not even read.

If this happens, I really hope that the number of hits for her blog entries all approach zero. Of course, she'll just accuse production of blocking site visitors, instead of realizing how reviled she is.

Kristen has a brand????

Yeah, she's all about the jorts.

Cal says he wants to be the 'father' of the group and he wants Nikki to be the 'mother'. As the mother she needs to take care of the father, tell him to rest and give him massages etc.

Cal's "brand" seems to be about getting massages. I re-watched three of the pre-season Utopia promos from OnDemand, and one of the three actually had a brief shot of Cal getting a massage from a girl from his time as a tester. Out of all the tester footage they could've picked, somehow that managed to make it into one of the short 2-minute promos.

Edited by mmal
  • Love 3

- Poor leader with questionable financial practices

- Unsanitary cook who uses starvation as punishment

-Pseudo psycobabbling spiritual counselor with probable sex offender status

- Rage-aholic correctional officer with "little man" syndrome

- Unskilled uneducated uninformed unquestioning stooge support staff

I've seen this movie!  It was the third feature at the Skylight Drive-In, summer of '73.

The girls escape and try to steal a jeep, but no one can drive a stick so the guards catch up and drag them back inside.

• Love 3

During another fruitless meeting about Bella possibly separating and buying her own food, Bella was portrayed as a selfish glutton.  Even Ernesto chimed in with pregnant Amanda has to make due with the same small amount of money.  Following the conversation of selfish Bella wanting to waste money to feed herself, Rob decides that he will order ten pizzas and pop for Friday.  And, he states, since Nikki will complain, he will buy her a head of cabbage (dick).During another fruitless meeting about Bella possibly separating and buying her own food, Bella was portrayed as a selfish glutton.  Even Ernesto chimed in with pregnant Amanda has to make due with the same small amount of money.  Following the conversation of selfish Bella wanting to waste money to feed herself, Rob decides that he will order ten pizzas and pop for Friday.  And, he states, since Nikki will complain, he will buy her a head of cabbage (dick).

I really hate most of these people.

That was so hard to watch.  Ded kept interupting her (Bella), Taylor was screaming at her,  Rob picked up Ernesto's dice and slammed it down on the table and  yelled at her.   This threatening conduct from these men should not be tolerated.  And noone stands up because they don't want to be the next target.

• Love 5
Now I have to add Mike. The very sight of Mike raises my blood pressure, he doesn't even have to be doing anything or speak at all. I'd say he's dead to me but he won't go away.  Loathe his sorry pathetic famewhore asshole ass. 

Mike's level of butthurt over Dede is comical.

He is not mentally equipped for rejection.

• Love 7

Next was Cal. Cal is insufferable plus he is weird to look at and has a very odd way of speaking that is like nails on a chalkboard. Plus what he says is such lightweight crap I can't even. 

I have been too disgusted to watch the feeds since the whole Bella food fight.

But your descriptions of Aaron / Rob / Cal / Mike gave me a good chuckle and are so en pointe.

At first I was all for Bri going because she underfed the animals (who couldn't stand up for themselves). 

Then I wanted to see Aaron go because he underfed the people (and he sneezes and sprays all over the food).

I could see Rob has 'anger management' issues, but now I see he only directs his bile at those he knows won't punch him in the face.   I want him gone now.

Cal is obnoxious with his philosophy 101.

And MIke looks like gazoo.

And then we have Kirsten with her 'personal branding'.

They are all horrible. 

"Bella is now on the trash Amanda train"

She probably resents Amanda now because A. didn't take her up on her offer of food?  Bella probably should leave because I don't think she is equipped to handle all the abuse (she often brings on her self).

These people.  I think a poster mentioned Lord of the Flies?

• Love 6

From Jokers:

Aaron's 8am breakfast is served. He tries to take Nikki to task for taking slightly more than one cup of oatmeal. Nikki says he eats more food than anyone. Aaron: "No, sweetheart, that's not me. Well, oh yeah, I get extra at the end. That's how I work, baby girl."

Uggh. Sweetheart? Baby girl? To say nothing of the awfulness of his actions. He seriously needs a whack upside the head. But I guess that would be racist. Only Aaron is allowed to use violence.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 7

Bella probably should leave because I don't think she is equipped to handle all the abuse (she often brings on her self).

What really needs to happen is to move Executive Producer Kroll into the compound, and evacuate everyone else apart from Aaron, Mike, Bri, Chris, Cal, Rob and Kristen. Then lock the gates and throw away the key.

Possible downside of this approach: they breed some kind of twisted species of super mutant, that could threaten civilization if it escapes.

• Love 12

To add to their already vile and disgusting reputation, late last night Rob and Mike devised a plan to scam the others out of their computer time by buying low from some and selling high to others.  In addition to this, they met with Bella and told her they want to put her paintings on an English auction site.  She was giddishly excited and swooned at the prospect.  They mockingly told her how important her art is, stroking her ego while making faces at each other behind her back.  Rob even went so far as to tell her he wanted one of her paintings to hang above his bed.  Their plan is to hang onto her paintings and sell them at primo prices after she is voted off (much like art collectors who keep their investments until the artist dies, I guess......), and keep the money for themselves.  They told her they "need" her to paint one painting a day, and "be sure and put your name on it with Utopia 2014," so people will always remember.  Bella jumped up to show them her latest ideas, and they had a fine old time laughing at their genius while she was gone.  Its not often I feel sorry for Bella, but this was definitely one of those times.  Later they met on the down low with Kristen and Taylor and brought them into the fold.  Ahhhh, yes.  A new society indeed. 

ETA:  one of the women on the live feed chat line said she bid on one of Bella's paintings yesterday and Bella sent her a thank you email and then later she received a confirmation from PayPal.  While she was watching the feeds, she heard Kristen say that she had sent an email to her saying she had not won the bid.  The woman said she never received such an email from Kristen nor was her account reimbursed.  This whole group reminds me of a time I was in Vegas with my husband, watching him playing craps.  There were so many side bets and different games going on at the same table that my mind was in a constant turmoil trying to keep up.  All of these little alliance scams within scams are enough to make me dizzy.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5

Their plan is to hang onto her paintings and sell them at primo prices after she is voted off (much like art collectors who keep their investments until the artist dies, I guess......), and keep the money for themselves.

So, are they planning on paying Bella for these paintings? If so, the joke's on them once they find out they are worthless.

• Love 1

She probably resents Amanda now because A. didn't take her up on her offer of food?  Bella probably should leave because I don't think she is equipped to handle all the abuse (she often brings on her self).

I don't think it's fair to state that Bella brings on the abuse on herself ...... yes, she's difficult, flighty, exhausting, and irrational, I don't think that means she should be bullied, threatened, and starved nor do I think it means her behavior brought on the bullying.  This is a collection of disgusting, small minded, bullies who are picking on the weakest link (which right now is Bella).

• Love 7

To add to their already vile and disgusting reputation, late last night Rob and Mike devised a plan to scam the others out of their computer time by buying low from some and selling high to others.  In addition to this, they met with Bella and told her they want to put her paintings on an English auction site.  She was giddishly excited and swooned at the prospect.  They mockingly told her how important her art is, stroking her ego while making faces at each other behind her back.  Rob even went so far as to tell her he wanted one of her paintings to hang above his bed.  Their plan is to hang onto her paintings and sell them at primo prices after she is voted off (much like art collectors who keep their investments until the artist dies, I guess......), and keep the money for themselves.  They told her they "need" her to paint one painting a day, and "be sure and put your name on it with Utopia 2014," so people will always remember.  Bella jumped up to show them her latest ideas, and they had a fine old time laughing at their genius while she was gone.  Its not often I feel sorry for Bella, but this was definitely one of those times.  Later they met on the down low with Kristen and Taylor and brought them into the fold.  Ahhhh, yes.  A new society indeed. 

ETA:  one of the women on the live feed chat line said she bid on one of Bella's paintings yesterday and Bella sent her a thank you email and then later she received a confirmation from PayPal.  While she was watching the feeds, she heard Kristen say that she had sent an email to her saying she had not won the bid.  The woman said she never received such an email from Kristen nor was her account reimbursed.  This whole group reminds me of a time I was in Vegas with my husband, watching him playing craps.  There were so many side bets and different games going on at the same table that my mind was in a constant turmoil trying to keep up.  All of these little alliance scams within scams are enough to make me dizzy.

Sheesh, there are no words; simply no words for the vileness of these people - imagine what they could achieve if they put a mere fraction of the energy the spend lying, stealing, and bullying into positive venues.  There could have been a dormitory/sleeping space next to the communal space,  fire pits for heat and outdoor cooking, a functional & productive garden, business ventures that contribute to the pooled money.

So sad, so very sad.  

• Love 4

I don't think it's fair to state that Bella brings on the abuse on herself ...... yes, she's difficult, flighty, exhausting, and irrational, I don't think that means she should be bullied, threatened, and starved nor do I think it means her behavior brought on the bullying. This is a collection of disgusting, small minded, bullies who are picking on the weakest link (which right now is Bella).

You're right - that should have been worded differently.

• Love 1

It is obvious that the others in Utopia are using Bella for money or as a pawn in their ridiculous political games.

Here is what I don't understand. These folks came to Utopia for one year with the goal of building a new society.

OK, so there is an obvious problem that you have to find people who

1) want to be on tv

2) are willing to take a year or some part of a year out of their lives

3) can afford to take a year or part of a year out of their loves.

This leads to people applying who have a cause (Jon, Bella and Cal), have little to nothing holding them back (Bri, Chris, Aaron, Dave, Kristen)

Jon, Bella, and Cal are going to drive people crazy because they are there for one reason and one reason only, to showcase a cause. For Jon it was religion. For Bella liberal survival stuff. For Cal, Communes are cool and we can all live in peace and harmony making our own stuff, living off the land. All of them are totally sold on a point of view and they want to force that on everyone else.

Dave came for the pay check and a place to live for a year but was too unstable to have a chance in hell of surviving. There was no way he could relate to anyone in Utopia based on life experiences and the only way he knows to survive, physical domination and threats, were not going to be allowed or work. I really don't know what Aaron, Bri, or Chris thought that they would get out of this but they are the young people willing for an adventure and probably happy with easy money. Kristen is there hoping to make a name for herself. I get the feeling that none of them were happy with where they were in their lives outside of Utopia and feel like their talents are not being recognized. Bri started claiming she was going to be a Vet, we know that is BS. Aaron came in saying he was a personal chef and we know that is BS. Kristin claims to be an entrepreneur and we know that is BS. Chris is a musician and that is a hard field to break in, maybe he was hoping for some exposure.

I have no idea what Rob, Mike, Hex, Nikki, Dede, or Amanda thought they would get out of this. I get the feeling that at least Rob, Nikki, Josh, Hex, Dede, Taylor, and Amanda really came interested in the social experiment element. I don't get the feeling that they came with too much of an agenda other then seeing how this might work.

So some of the people who were there for the social experiment seem to have been pulled into the gravity field of the people who feel like they are not appreciated outside of Utopia who are falling back on the age old, make others feel like shit so we feel good about ourselves. These are the folks who see themselves in a light that is so totally different then how the world portrays them that they really don't get that they bullies and assholes. They find it fun to screw with other people.

So Rob, Mike, and Taylor had a choice to hang with the people who really want to build a new society or the big, obnoxious personalities and they went to the big obnoxious personalities. They cannot handle being challenged by Nikki, Amanda, Hex, and Dede. I hate to say it, but I see three men whose egos cannot handle that the women they are most interested in are strong enough to hold their own and are not submissive. Mike wants Dede to change and be monogamous. I have no idea what Taylor wants from Hex. Rob appears to be fine with being challenged but his recent actions suggest that is not really the case.

Bella is being goaded by the awful crowd to dislike Amanda who is exactly what Bella wants to be. Someone who is so comfortable in her own skin she is hard to ruffle and respected for her calming presence. Cal is trying to drive Nikki away from the people who help her stay centered so he can dominate her. It is so freaking stereotypical it is disgusting.

• Love 3
Loathe his sorry pathetic famewhore asshole ass. 

rawr!

hahahah

{add}  very efficient sentence!    six of the seven words were negative. 

Edited by clod
  • Love 6

EverCat and OakGoblinFly - I agree with both of you about Bella and the bullying- she seems to bring it upon herself at times (or at least makes herself a very easy target) and these are a collection of disgusting, small minded bullies picking on the weakest link.

When I think of a rational person locked into close confines with her for an extended period, being less than civilizied seems understandable.  My 20 yo son who is the most patient and gentle person I've ever encountered, would be thinking dark thoughts with extended Bella exposure.  Given how globally trying Bella comes across, it is not realistic to expect everyone to always respond as if it is ok because she is clearly a person with serious problems.  It just gives her free reign to run herd on everyone else.

And I have a hard time getting a good read on Bella.  Sometimes she comes across as a harmless kook, but other times she has been aggressive & adamant about her position and she'd talk right over the other Topes if they were not falling in step with her view. 

When your starting with vile examples of the species to begin with (ring leaders Mike & Rob, Aaron, and tag-a-long Kristen), I don't expect them to behave better than the average person.  Their default is set to bullying and that is not justifiable, but I doubt if they have other coping skills.

Yikes - this is a murky post so I hope I don't come across as endorsing the bullying (because I don't), but some of the less civil behavior directed at Bella is understandable.

Jeez, I hope that all the Topes are just playing roles and are no way as dumb/mean/gross as they come across.

• Love 5

Yeah, it really seems as though if Nikki or Bella ended up dying of starvation or malnutrition, there are people there who would cheer. 

And then fight over her belongings.   Remember Lord of the Flies was about a bunch of adolescent boys.  I see the comparison.   I bet Mike was not popular in junior high/high school, and he has always wanted the chance to be one of the cool kids who picks on others.  Aaron is an ass, who uses his position as "chef"  to exert control over who gets to eat and who doesn't.  

Bella has some obvious mental health concerns.  she does not belong on this show.  She would be difficult to live with, day after day, sure. But the bullying and abuse are not justified. Part of "Utopia"  would be people from different walks of life accepting each other and learning to work together, not dividing into factions and having secret conspiracies against others.   It's like some of the people (Bella, Nikki, Amanda) signed up for Utopia.  But the other signed up for some bizarre Big Brother/Survival type show, and they are trying to use alliances and voting people off to "WIN", not realizing that there IS no WIN. The only way to "win"  the show is to make it interesting and entertaining enough that people will watch, and therefor they all get paid for the year.   And watching a group of back-stabbing, selfish, mean-spirited  assholes try to bully, harass, intimidate and starve those who are weaker, is just not entertaining. 

The show makes me sad for humanity. 

• Love 10

EverCat and OakGoblinFly - I agree with both of you about Bella and the bullying- she seems to bring it upon herself at times (or at least makes herself a very easy target) and these are a collection of disgusting, small minded bullies picking on the weakest link.

When I think of a rational person locked into close confines with her for an extended period, being less than civilizied seems understandable.  My 20 yo son who is the most patient and gentle person I've ever encountered, would be thinking dark thoughts with extended Bella exposure.  Given how globally trying Bella comes across, it is not realistic to expect everyone to always respond as if it is ok because she is clearly a person with serious problems.  It just gives her free reign to run herd on everyone else.

Having unkind thoughts about Bella, being less than civil, or being rude to her is a lot different from what is actually happening - threatening her with bodily harm, starving her, stealing from her, setting her up as the butt of jokes, lying to her (especially about the money), and flat out bullying along with mob mentality.  I don't care how much of a nutter she is and how difficult/demanding she can be I don't see how her behavior warrants what the inmates are doing to her; I disagree that she brings it on herself.  

Maybe we're saying the same thing and I'm just getting lost in the minucia of language.

Jeez, I hope that all the Topes are just playing roles and are no way as dumb/mean/gross as they come across.

Me too, because the thought that they are showing their "truer" selves is very, very sad.

• Love 2

Watching the latest in Utopian behavior I'm reminded of a passage from Dave Grossman's book "On Combat" in which he describes that society is made up of 3 types of people; sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. And it appears to me that what Utopia is lacking are sheepdogs unfortunately. Granted this passage was meant to imply the law enforcement, first responder or military mentality (those who selflessly sacrifice for society) but I feel like it can be a very astute assessment of any society and since Utopia is meant to be a microcosm of society and with all the talk of bullying and victimizing I found this appropriate.

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: “Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident.”

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin’s egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful. For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

“Then there are the wolves,” the old war veteran said, “and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.” Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

“Then there are sheepdogs,” he went on, “and I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.” Or, as a sign in one California law enforcement agency put it, “We intimidate those who intimidate others.”

Edited by Mediocrates
  • Love 8

Maybe we're saying the same thing and I'm just getting lost in the minucia of language.

I'm thinking we are.

Mediocrates - The concept of sheep/wolves/sheepdogs is interesting.  It almost elevates the Dopes into a petri dish of something other than rotting, moldy bacteria.

• Love 4

Personally, I thought that the treatment of the animals was the worst that this show could get, but the treatment of Bella and the overt discussion of trying to rip her off is beyond the pale. Their treatment of Nikki is on the same level. They have made it clear that they have no qualms about trying to "rattle" someone enough to get them to quit. This is such a pathetic show. I seriously cannot believe it has not been canceled yet. The bullying and the ganging up is just crazy. I really do not understand where some of these guys are coming from and why they think this is acceptable. 

• Love 8

What happened to the "stop it" convo Production had with these assholes?  Is there really no limit to the abuse these fuckers can inflict on others?  The way Production allows (encourages) this shit makes me think televised hunting and torturing of people (foretold in stories like  "Running Man" and "Hunger Games") is going to show up on FOX's 2015-16 schedule.

If the Kroll Trolls want to see spikes in Utopia viewership, they should turn the tables on the bullies. Allow Bella, Amanda, Josh, Ernesto (who???) and Nikki to find out about all the scheming, stealing and lying done by Aaron/Mike/Rob and their minions. Let them get access to the computer to see emails and "secret" messages.  Let Josh or Nikki look at the books and see the financial shenanigans. Bring one of them into Production's lair to get inside info on the BS going on.  Then give them extra incentive to blow shit up and confront the assholes.  I'd pay $29.99 to watch Aaron Mike and Rob back pedal and be reduced to the sad pathetic losers the rest of the world has seen over the last few weeks.

• Love 8

Bella was having conversations with the barterer behind Hex's back!

So, what's the deal with the "barterer"? A production set-up, I presume? Nobody in the real world would swap anything of value for the stuff that the Topes have, would they?

• Love 2

Yup I hear you Andyourlittledog2, I get that Bella has issues, sounds like serious issues. But to overtly plan to take advantage of her weaknesses (psychological or otherwise)  is wrong. Acknowledge that she is a problem, pacify her for the next two weeks and with kindness, vote her out. Not plan to take advantage of her and make her believe that you want her art and that she has to produce a painting everyday so that you can use her.  It seems cruel and hurtful, in spite of what a pain she is, I don't think it is ok.  As much as I truly abhor Bri, I would just want her not in charge of the animals and then if she doesn't do anything to help, vote her out. Not try to make a fool of her or "get over on her".  I worked in-patient psychiatric and I know first hand how challenging people like Bella are, and I am trained to deal with them! I can totally see how she would make people WANT to get revenge, but it is still not right. However, some of the people on this show have no moral compass, so saying something is not right, just isn't in their lexicon. 

• Love 5

From Jokers, apparently someone emailed an offer of $1K to vote Rob off because of his scheming with Mike.  And now he's all rattled.  Lol.  The rattler has become the rattled.

These people are so stupid.  If you're going to play asshole on a reality show, then own it.  But don't be an asshole and then act all surprised when the viewers realize that you're an asshole.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 8

More info... apparently someone named Suzy emailed saying that if she could, she'd pay $1K to get rid of Aaron, Kristen, Rob and Mike.  And now they want to call poor Suzy up and tell her to go f*ck herself.  Why would you want to antagonize one-tenth of your remaining audience like that?

If I actually cared more (or at all) about this show, I'd think up emails to write-in specifically to whip these assholes into a frenzy every day.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 8

Mike: "What the f**k do they want, a tribal dance? Are you kidding me? So instead you just watch people fight over the computer all day? I've never met so many stupid people in my life."

Yes, Mike. It's the other people who are stupid.

Tribal dance? What the hell is he talking about?

• Love 2

From Jokers, apparently someone emailed an offer of $1K to vote Rob off because of his scheming with Mike. And now he's all rattled. Lol. The rattler has become the rattled.

These people are so stupid. If you're going to play asshole on a reality show, then own it. But don't be an asshole and then act all surprised when the viewers realize that you're an asshole.

Wordy mcWORD! Figures that the little man has no self awareness. Does he think

the viewers agree with his fits of rage as if we feel for him and think that they are justified? That we root for him when he flings things across the room? And I'm still scratching my head that he would get married and then still be in Utopia away from his new bride. He is such an ass. When ever he is leading a meeting I can just see in my mind how many fits of rage and temper tantrums he through until he was put in charge.

BTW hhex's rings are over priced crap. The bead looks like it would be under $5 and copper wire is cheap. $40 for a simple wirewrapped ring is a big ripoff.

Edited by jellywager
  • Love 4

I visited their website, and reading the date auction description of each Ute was somewhat amusing.  Other than Rob implying that his "pickup line" is distributing a date rape drug.  He really is a troll, isn't he?

lol--yes, but not as much a troll as Kristen admitting in her date description that one of her hobbies is  "hustlin."  Little too close to the truth, I'd say..........................

• Love 2

Judging from the live feed write ups, the Utopians are starting to come apart at the seams.

Exactly what they deserve.

Its hilarious that people are pep-talking Rob into believing he isn't an asshole.  Way to be self-aware, dude.

• Love 5

here's looking at you, live feeders!

B0GsPAdCUAAMszP.jpg

hey.   why is he wearing a watch? does he have a strict schedule?  some important appointments?   or maybe to know when it's quitting time and happy hour

Edited by clod
  • Love 4

I think it's hilarious how the smug bully clique is so ignorant of the fact that the live feeds are 24/7. They think they're all so smart, trying to dismiss the negative feedback that they get from viewers, but they really are some of the biggest dopes around, just like Kroll & Co.

• Love 4
What happened to the "stop it" convo Production had with these assholes?  Is there really no limit to the abuse these fuckers can inflict on others?  The way Production allows (encourages) this shit makes me think televised hunting and torturing of people (foretold in stories like  "Running Man" and "Hunger Games") is going to show up on FOX's 2015-16 schedule.

I can't remember the name of the show but early in the days of Reality TV there was a stupid show that was set with three hunters who hunted humans. The last human standing won. They had to reshoot a bunch of stuff after the show ended and people who refused to do so were punished somehow. It was a giant mess.

Love that Rob and the others are falling apart. The thing is, I see Hex as a sheepdog. Heck, Josh and Ernesto have stood up to the bullies for themselves and others. Chris even tried to do the right thing with Aaron's offense. So there are people who are good people in Utopia.  

They overstocked the show with "villains" who really are not villains but assholes trying to hurt other people because they can and they are bored. I want Hex, Josh, Ernesto, Amanda, Nikki and Dede to get together and speak up louder and more frequently. I think if they did that Chris and Taylor would walk away from Aaron, Mike and Kristen. I think Rob would be the last of the three to leave. The problem is that most of the people who are decent are also only confrontational when they are drunk. Josh and Chris tried and failed so they have no real incentive to do so again. They needed support from the others.

The reality is that this really does reflect how society works. There are a large number of good people and a small number of insane folks (Bella) and assholes (Aaron, Cal) and a decent percentage of followers (Rob, Kristen, Taylor). The assholes (Hitler, Stalin, and others in a less obvious manner) have something to them that draws the followers to them. The followers, who are for the most part good people but more malleable, fall in line and all of this is ignored by the good people who live their lives and don't intervene as long as they are not being hurt. Sooner or later they are the targets and they are screwed.  

On a whole, we need to learn to stand up and not ignore the small scale bad treatment of people to prevent the assholes from moving from small scale crime, bullying, and abuse into something far more scary and dangerous. That is why we need to support the weakest in our society (Bella) even when they drive us crazy because they are not in a position to care for themselves and because once we let them slide because they are too much work, we just started down the slope.

• Love 10

I think it's hilarious how the smug bully clique is so ignorant of the fact that the live feeds are 24/7. They think they're all so smart, trying to dismiss the negative feedback that they get from viewers, but they really are some of the biggest dopes around, just like Kroll & Co.

Yesterday, Cal and Josh were talking with Bri and the subject of her being America's vote came up. She said she had never asked Josh why he voted for her (I find this hard to believe) and he responded that "If America voted for you, I figured I should. They see things we don't see."

She said, "Well, you can show things in all kinds of different ways."

Kind of funny that she is thinking about editing and story arcs when really, the only people watching are those on the feeds, who see them unedited (aside from muting, of course).

• Love 3

"Well, you can show things in all kinds of different ways."

Per Jokers', Dedeker says basically the same thing - that the people watching the live feeds are getting an edited version.  Clearly, she is unclear of the concept of what she signed up for.

Granted, if you watch the aired shows where they re condensing together a few days or a week, you do have Production edits.

I'm curious about how much of what we see is Production driven; I know the hamsters are getting called into the control room fairly frequently (some more than others) and they have to reshoot certain things.

ProfCrash - in your post you failed to describe or classify Bri.  Understandable because she is like rather bland with no discernable characteristics on her own, but add a catalyst and she mirrors whatever that catalyst is.

ETA:  I have this weird need to see if I can spell names with the periodic table (on that note, I can spell my daughter's first, middle & last name two different ways) so I tried Bri.  Which is bromine (Br) and iodine (I).  So next I had to check the chemical definitions and got this:

The next heaviest element in the halogen family is bromine, named from a Greek word for stink, because of its strong and disagreeable odor. It was first isolated as an element in 1826. Bromine is a reddish brown liquid that vaporizes easily. The vapors are irritating to the eyes and throat.

The heaviest stable halogen is iodine. Iodine forms dark purple crystals, confirming its name, Greek for violet colored. It was first obtained in 1811 from the ashes of seaweed. Iodine is purified by heating the solid, which sublimes, or goes directly to the gas state. The pure solid is obtained by cooling the vapors. The vapors are irritating to eyes and mucous membranes.

Seems like a fairly accurate description because Bri does stink, probably has a disagreeable odor, is vapid and generally irritating.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 3

Yeah, I forgot Bri, she is somewhere between a follower and awful person. I don't see her doing too much to humans on her own but she is more then happy to jump in and play with others when given the chance. I cannot see her mirroring the good people in there group because I am not certain she is capable of doing that. I think she can play the role but I don't think she does so with much real conviction. But she is not the person who is going to rally the troops.

I feel bad for these folks if they really think that the Live Feeds are all that altered. Clearly they are messed with, you can't choose to view everything, there is a lot of muting, and they cut away from some stuff pretty fast. That said, there is more then enough to see and there was a lot more to see as the season kicked off. I wonder if the Producers look for people who do not watch Big Brother or other Reality TV series so that they don't know what it is that they are signing up for. Say what you will about Derrick's game on Big Brother this season, he knew he was on TV the entire time. He had some serious mis-steps but for the most part was reminding folks that the live feed viewers saw everything.

apparently someone emailed an offer of $1K to vote Rob off because of his scheming with Mike.  And now he's all rattled.  Lol.  The rattler has become the rattled.

I wish someone would offer $1K for Production to give all of the topes 1 day to read the online comments about them - out loud, and in front of everyone else during a team meeting. 

I find it odd that several of these guys have been made aware that people see how they behave because of the feeds - at least Aaron, Kristen, Bri, Rob, and I think Mike as well?  And yet they're actually offended that people don't like them.  It's beyond a lack of self-awareness.  They're delusional.

• Love 5

The great part is that they are blaming the editing on the live shows, which has actually totally diminished their bad behavior and has worked hard to make them look decent, and not the live feeds. So they are blaming Production for the messages when Production is trying to save their asses.

• Love 7

I wish someone would offer $1K for Production to give all of the topes 1 day to read the online comments about them - out loud, and in front of everyone else during a team meeting. 

This was exactly what my husband and I were saying last night! I would love for them to get a feel for what people who watch them unedited, think about them.

• Love 1