Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E18: Live Cutdown Show; S23.E19: Live Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

The artists' final performances are relived as they sing one last time, and Carson Daly, A-list guests and the final five artists check in as they prepare for the live finale.

Host Carson Daly reveals who America has chosen to be the winner; the star-studded finale includes special performances by chart-topping artists, finalist/coach duets and surprises to celebrate Blake Shelton as he says a final goodbye.

Airs May 23 at 8pm on NBC

I loved the Adam appearance for Blake's last episode.  The Marroon 5 song was great. 

Where's Gwen? Tour?

The video clips from previous coach's and then especially the performance of Blake's previous team members was amazing.  That was a perfect sense of for him. 

Gina was good, so glad to see her win. Not the best season in schedule and how it worked.  Previous one with Camilla and Gwen was better than this. 

• Like 3

That was lame. Since I didn't care about any of the finalists it didn't matter to me who actually won. Although I am highly amused Blake didn't get a final win. So many past winners who disappeared without a trace popping up for their 30 seconds of relevance. All this time and The Voice still hasn't produced a genuine star.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

There were many elements I enjoyed during the finale (did not watch the recap episode).  Laughed during the Kelly/Chance skit (yes, it was silly, but I enjoyed it).  Was surprised that Gina won-I actually preferred Grace over Gina.  Was also surprised that the audience didn't give Blake one last win; but if it wasn't Blake, at least it was his 'son.'

There may have been a few tears in my eyes during the episode.  Was surprised Gwen didn't show-even if she's on tour they would have known the date of the finale for months.  Blake did seem genuinely touched a few times.  I really hope that nothing will entice him back in a future season.  Like Miley was teasing him-don't be like Elton John and "unretire" every few years.  Retire from the show, keep all other endeavors going.

Good luck Blake.

• Like 2
(edited)

I really thought Noivas was going to win,  I liked him.  I don’t understand how Gina won.  Man….But, I try to keep in mind just what a win really means.  The show has always oversold what it would bring to the winners and top performers. A few people continue on with modest careers.  I thought Jordan Smith was doing pretty well. He seems to do small tours. 

I didn’t see Gwyn give her well wishes.  I missed portions of the show and just assumed I missed her part. So, if she didn’t say anything….that’s odd. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
8 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Was that the Lenny Kravitz song?

I believe so. The band overwhelmed him and I think his voice couldn't quite reach a few times

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Blake didn't get a final win

I think his two contestants cancelled each other out.  D Smooth wasn't good.  Sorelle came across a little too .....something.  Overproduced?  that left Gina who really was brilliant and improved every week.  

• Like 2

I had a feeling Gina would win.  She did sing well but I thought what she had going for her was she is a beautiful young lady!  She has that natural beauty.

Noivas butchered the Lenny Kravitz song, so I wasn't surprised he went at 5.

That last shot where Blake is coming out of his dressing room and takes a second before he walks out the door was pretty good, but I thought a scene where he is alone in the The Voice set and maybe walks out as the light turn off might've hit a bit harder.

This also is my final season of watching The Voice.  I just think that Blake is THE VOICE.  The hub where everyone revolves around him.  Reba might do a fine job but it won't be the same.

• Like 2

D. Smooth and Kelly's performance together was the best one, imo

Super surprised that people didn't just automatically vote for Blake's team.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, rr2911 said:

This also is my final season of watching The Voice.  I just think that Blake is THE VOICE.  The hub where everyone revolves around him.  Reba might do a fine job but it won't be the same.

Although I’ll continue to watch the show, it definitely won’t be the same without Blake. I’m not a country fan, but he just seems like a genuine, funny, caring person and he was a great coach. I was surprised to see that Gwen will be a coach next season. I thought Blake had said that one of the reasons he was retiring was so that he could spend more time with Gwen. 

i enjoyed the tribute to Blake with the past contestants, even though I only remembered a few of them. And my favorite contestant won, which hardly ever happens!

• Like 1

Late to the party but just watched the finale. Had it recorded forever and somehow I remained spoiler free.

Liked the Blake tribute with all the former winners and he seemed genuinely touched by it.

As much as Blake was this show he clearly was ready to move on. Multiple shots of him looking bored made this obvious. I'm in the minority here but Annoivas was not my favorite and Blake's overt bromance with him was annoying. He even looked initially pissed when Grace was first voted through. It made me more able to say goodbye to him although I would bet money he's going to turn up at some point as a mentor with Gwen as a judge. I do like that he seemed to really care about the people on his teams and I will miss his humour.

Was surprised the kid got voted out so early Riley Tate (?) I thought his voice was exceptional but then that's not always what this show is about.

I'm really looking forward to the next season in two weeks. Reba will be awesome although I will miss Kelly. I enjoy her energy and she provided a viable alternative for the country leaning contestants. Who will win a country artist now over Reba will be interesting. 

Gwen without Blake will be a different dynamic. 

Chance the Rapper seemed as bored as Blake at times so won't miss him.

Edited by OLynn33