Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E18: What's Our Safe Word?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I got really annoyed that none of the experts asked Gina what she was doing that was wife-ish, or asked Clint whether he felt Gina did anything wife-ish.  I'm guessing that complaint didn't just go one way in that marriage.

I think they did ask him at one point and he said that he didn't feel like a husband. She does NOTHING for him. He cooks dinner every night - whether it is just for them or for the crowd. She is just NEVER going to be happy with him. That one time Dr. P suggested that she make dinner and she said no because that's his thing. She was too dumb or lazy to realize that for her to make him dinner is her doing something for him. I truly dislike her more each week. I think D Day is in 2 weeks.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I noticed that [Keshia's husband] was doing that in the previous episode he was on, and it was annoying then...it was more annoying this time.

I noticed that, too, but thought was just being a little over-enthusiastic.  But this most recent time, it was to the point that I thought he had some training in marriage counseling and that's why he was allowed to pontificate.  Definitely more annoying this time.

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I get what she was saying about the cooking:  it's not like he made her a special dinner, it was cooking that he was going to do anyway, because he likes cooking. 

I'd love to have a partner who likes cooking and makes enough for me when he does it.  I might not feel special, but I'd feel lucky.

nose-ring salon-obsessed cold chick who believes she has a 26 inch waist.

I was watching Gina and Jasmine when they were pole dancing, trying to calculate what Jasmine's waist must be if Gina's is 26".  I'm pretty confident it would still be in the double digits, but not by much.

I felt really bad for Kirsten when it was only her mom who showed up for dinner.  She made plans for more of her family, yet they didn't keep up their end, which is so disappointing.  I hope Shaq realizes that not every family is there in the way that his is.  At least her mom was there, and she seems like a nice woman.  

I'm still mad at Kirsten's mom for how she acted on the wedding day, when she was super late and Kirsten kept calling to find out what was going on but she wasn't taking the calls, even though she apparently was in the hotel.  Some posters attributed it to producer shenanigans, but I like to think my mother wouldn't do that to me regardless of anyone's entreaties.  And now this time--she's so late Kirsten had to go ahead and start eating without her.  That's not nice.

I don't know why Kirsten's dad is so reluctant.  Or, I think she's said he doesn't want to be on camera, which I actually think is a good thing.  Maybe he could have met with them without cameras, but maybe not.  Or maybe he's waiting to see if they stay together after decision day before jumping onboard.  It's nice to think we have people's support no matter what we do, but there's something to be said for having a measured, thoughtful response, especially when we do something crazy.  And I'll take that over somebody who's late on my wedding day and doesn't answer my calls when I'm trying to find out where she is.

• Like 4

Oh, I forgot about Kirsten's mom being so late on the wedding day.  Her lateness for dinner was a bit rude, but it wasn't her daughter's wedding.  Yeah, no amount of producer shenani-anythings would have kept my parents away from anything important in my life.  Even a simple dinner.

Kirsten has very little support, so she needs someone to step up and be there for her.  Shaq needs a lot of support too, which is where I think this marriage isn't going to work out:  Two people who need so much support will fizzle out.

(edited)

I completely agree that Kirsten has gotten a bit of a raw deal when it comes to family.  This convo reminded me of something Shaq did that really pissed me off.  When she told him that she had arranged a family visit and her mother and brother were coming, he immediately responded by complaining that it had taken so long and expressing upset and concern about that. Dude, why not take the win and express excitement that they're coming! No compassion for her, only whining about how he felt slighted.  I'm not a fan of hers but I really felt for her at that point.  He never lets things go and he doesn't try to see her side.  I'm glad she spoke up and told him how isolated she felt--I get it!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

Well, Kirsten's brother did show up for her.  I'm still wondering what's up with the father.  I still can't feel much sympathy for her though, because she's such a robot. 

However, I agree Shaq is coming off as rather whiny.  

• Like 3
On 5/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I’d love to have a partner who likes cooking and makes enough for me when he does it.  I might not feel special, but I'd feel lucky.

Also isn’t he just like cooking regular dinner? What else would she have him do? You can’t make every meal special during the week (or whenever people work); if he’s cooking dinner every night … what is she complaining about? She’s not cooking, apparently, so I guess it’s Clint or takeout … would she rather he not cook at all?

I am someone who cooks well and invests time and money into cooking (it’s a hobby for me, not just a life skill), and do more elaborate stuff on weekends when I have more time. When I’ve done that for partners, I’ve gotten thanked. I don’t know what she has a problem with here - it’s like complaining that someone doesn’t clean the sink “your way.” If it’s clean, so what? Unless he’s making food she can’t eat due to dietary restrictions, I don’t see the issue.

• Like 7

Each episode is harder to get through. It’s dull. I don’t want to see Jasmine feel like crap. I don’t want to see Gina insult Clint. I don’t want to see Nicole nag Chris. I wanted to like Shaq and Kirsten but he seems to have cooled off considerably. I don’t see how the experts sit there and give them useless advice instead of being honest. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I am someone who cooks well and invests time and money into cooking (it’s a hobby for me, not just a life skill), and do more elaborate stuff on weekends when I have more time. When I’ve done that for partners, I’ve gotten thanked.

I have Mr. Outlier trained so well that he thanks me when I make Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the blue box and add a link of andouille sausage for dinner!  If I were Clint's partner, I have no doubt he would eventually plead, "Can you PLEASE stop thanking me?"

• LOL 6
On 5/5/2023 at 11:19 PM, Jeanne222 said:

What was wrong with her old teeth?  I'm aware she has a gummy smile but her teeth seemed fine!

A few posts on Reddit were saying Airris probably doesn't look at her because of her teeth. I think they were crooked. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have Mr. Outlier trained so well that he thanks me when I make Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the blue box and add a link of andouille sausage for dinner!  If I were Clint's partner, I have no doubt he would eventually plead, "Can you PLEASE stop thanking me?"

I would love for someone to make me that exact dinner!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, Starlight925 said:

In the end, he never initiated anything with her because he's just not attracted to her, which I understand.  Clint has had a lifetime of stunning women who also probably appreciate him, instead of this nose-ring salon-obsessed cold chick who believes she has a 26 inch waist.

There is nothing wrong with Gina having a nose-ring.  The problem is her gauge is too big.  If it was way thinner, it would look good on her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
On 5/6/2023 at 5:34 PM, Crashcourse said:

Well, Kirsten's brother did show up for her.  I'm still wondering what's up with the father.  I still can't feel much sympathy for her though, because she's such a robot. 

However, I agree Shaq is coming off as rather whiny.  

Shaq is so over it. I've noticed his demeanor change for for the last 2,3 or 18 shows now(the way they are dragging the show out is ridiculous). He's whiny cause he's over it and doesn't care, but he could still feel for her situation even if he doesn't want the marriage. It says something about him that he doesn't.

Edited by Petey1960
  • Like 7

The problem with Gina's nose ring is that yes, it's too big, as @Gator Stud pointed out.  It accentuates her already comically large attributes:  her very large mouth, her large nostrils, her large head.

As a trained esthetic professional, she should realize that these proportions are all wrong.

It's similar to accessories:  Over-accessorize, and you ruin the look.  Huge pendant necklace?  Wear very small earrings.  Etc.

Nicole's arm tattoo is similar.  Why put such a large, heavily inked tattoo on an entire arm that is already, shall we say, large?

• Like 5
On 5/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't know why Kirsten's dad is so reluctant.  Or, I think she's said he doesn't want to be on camera, which I actually think is a good thing.  Maybe he could have met with them without cameras, but maybe not.  Or maybe he's waiting to see if they stay together after decision day before jumping onboard.  It's nice to think we have people's support no matter what we do, but there's something to be said for having a measured, thoughtful response, especially when we do something crazy.  And I'll take that over somebody who's late on my wedding day and doesn't answer my calls when I'm trying to find out where she is.

My thought was that maybe she hasn't actually asked her dad yet, because she doesn't want to be disappointed by his answer if he says he doesn't want to meet with them, or maybe she doesn't want to deal with the awkwardness/unpleasantness of actually meeting up with him. So she's just making up half-hearted explanations and excuses.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

My thought was that maybe she hasn't actually asked her dad yet, because she doesn't want to be disappointed by his answer if he says he doesn't want to meet with them, or maybe she doesn't want to deal with the awkwardness/unpleasantness of actually meeting up with him. So she's just making up half-hearted explanations and excuses.

so she's been lying to shaq about having asked him? what does that say about her then? i don't think he wants or needs to be stuck with someone who would lie about something like that. 

i fear he will say yes on decision day but i don't think it will last.  it seems he wants a family so bad that he's willing to try to stay with kristen, but will realize dealing with her is not worth it.

actually don't think any of these couples will work out much past decision day, well, maybe nicole and chris if she can see how she's been acting and change

• Like 1

I don't think Kirsten lied. I think her father and family did not approve and refused to be filmed for any part of this. I am guessing that she begged them to meet him so that she can truly say that she has done EVERYTHING in her power to make this work.

• Like 2