Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: War of The Roses (And The Hutchinsons)

• Start Topic

A middle-aged couple and a younger couple arrive separately with their own unique fantasies. All is going well until the couples discover they're sharing the island; turns out they're feuding neighbors. The Island forces them into a magical, winner-takes-all competition that reveals unexpected alliances and unravels complicated relationships. Meanwhile, Javier and Roarke finally have a conversation about their relationship.

That was rather entertaining and sometime went in directions I wasn’t expecting (like Lou and Natalie being Sunday golf buddies). But man these people were pretty hateful neighbors to each other

• Like 4

Kiara Barnes and Alley Mills were both on “The Bold and the Beautiful “ together for a few years, and Alley and Dan Lauria were the parents on “The Wonder Years” !! Cool. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The only interesting bit of this episode was the reunion of the OG Wonder Years’ mom and dad.

The story was meh. Who would go to Fantasy Island just to have a regular life there??! This episode is as boring as the Teri Hatcher/James Denton’s episode. And the Roses are so annoying.

I was paying more attention to Elena and Ruby’s outfits than the story.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I was paying more attention to Elena and Ruby’s outfits than the story.

That's pretty much all I do, Elena's white jumpsuit, 👍

• Like 1

Nice to see Alley Mills and Dan Lauria but this episode was just painful to watch. One couple acted like they were 6 years old, the younger couple especially the wife were 2 years old and having a toddler tantrum. Who gets so angry that they take golf clubs to a tree and then a chainsaw to deliberately take it down?

Speaking of acting like a child -- Ruby.  "I had neighbbors on our street and we became best of friends." It's not about you Ruby. Concentrate on the guests' experience, that's your job. And she pushes every romance whether it's a good idea or not. It's not Kiara Barnes fault but the writing for Ruby is too immature and coy to make a good character.

What was the point of putting Roarke and Javier into a relationship?  It all ended up a big nothing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

What was the point of putting Roarke and Javier into a relationship?  It all ended up a big nothing.

This annoys me.  They're on Fantasy Island.  Elena and Javier should be having a fun, passionate Fantasy Island relationship.  Mr. Roarke was a ladies' man; why can't Elena have some fun? 

• Like 2

I have been laid up and rewatching the original series (I’m 58, and watched the first few seasons, but not the last few. So many themes hold up much better than other themes, and the original did touch upon societal issues, specifically female empowerment, which was in those times a vast improvement. 

That being said, I like the reboot in that there is more diversity and themes can be more directly addressed versus alluding to them. A

Some things (diversity and graphics,) are so much better than the original. What I do miss is that in the original- Roarke was the magic (and apparently immortal) but now it is the island that is the magic. I don’t have a problem that, it makes more sense conceptually but loses a lot in translation.

However, I feel like there is not much chemistry between Elena and Ruby - they seem to be both just there on the island. There was a chemistry and personal relationship between Roarke and Tattoo in the original that introduced some good banter and a definite friendship that seems to be just missing from this version.

• Like 2
On 4/18/2023 at 8:55 PM, LEILANI2 said:

I really like the show but these last two episodes were awful.

I'd say last week's was worse - horrible storyline, horrible acting.  It was just painful to watch.  This one was boring, but at least had competent actors. 

It's like they're trying to get cancelled.

• Like 3
On 4/19/2023 at 12:10 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

The story was meh. Who would go to Fantasy Island just to have a regular life there??!

And who has been waiting 10 years to read a book that would  take a few hours to read?  She read nothing else in that time?  Surely she was somewhere in those 10 years that she could read a half hour at a time?  The bathtub for example.  
They were all four horrible people.  The bar scene with the guys  reaching over each rather than moving the dishes was annoying.  I’m supposed to believe that there was secret golfing going on while these two couples hated each other? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
On 4/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, Stats Queen said:

I have been laid up and rewatching the original series (I’m 58, and watched the first few seasons, but not the last few. So many themes hold up much better than other themes, and the original did touch upon societal issues, specifically female empowerment, which was in those times a vast improvement. 

That being said, I like the reboot in that there is more diversity and themes can be more directly addressed versus alluding to them. A

Some things (diversity and graphics,) are so much better than the original. What I do miss is that in the original- Roarke was the magic (and apparently immortal) but now it is the island that is the magic. I don’t have a problem that, it makes more sense conceptually but loses a lot in translation.

However, I feel like there is not much chemistry between Elena and Ruby - they seem to be both just there on the island. There was a chemistry and personal relationship between Roarke and Tattoo in the original that introduced some good banter and a definite friendship that seems to be just missing from this version.

I thought Mr Roarke was condescending towards Tattoo and treated him like a child. Elena and Ruby have a more professional relationship. I expected more conversation between Elena and Javiar in the latest episode.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I thought Mr Roarke was condescending towards Tattoo and treated him like a child.

That was my initial impression too -- especially in season 1. As the seasons progressed, though, I came to absolutely love their relationship. Tattoo was always comic relief but their relationship became one of deep respect, friendship, and love. Honestly, it was very touching and sweet.