Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E06: Survivor with a Capital S LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I hate it. It adds nothing to the game and it isn't interesting. Everyone votes but only six people can be voted out. That's not as interesting as everyone votes and everyone can be a target. 

I think the losing tribe should be the only ones voting.  Have the others observe at TC or something, but I don't think the winning tribe should be immune and still get to vote.

• Like 4
Just now, iMonrey said:

You know . . . they could drop the entire obstacle course and just go straight to puzzle. This isn't interesting.

Perservance of the human spirit and whatnot . . . 🙄

Purple wins, so one of Josh, Danny, Yam Yam, Lauren, Kane, or Heidi are leaving.  Heidi's probably safe?  And Lauren, but I think there's an argument to be made for the other 4 being targeted. 

I'm glad purple won, because I would have been worried about Carolyn.  

• Like 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Yep, there it is, Carson confirming Survivor is predictable as fuck.

Yes. HIs prep work paid off, but the show made it easy for him by repeating the same damn puzzles over and over again.

• Like 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Yes. HIs prep work paid off, but the show made it easy for him by repeating the same damn puzzles over and over again.

That's the thing.  They really need to come up with some new stuff, because people know what challenges are coming and then practice them.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Like 7

Yeah, he wouldn't do it that fast if he hadn't done it hundreds of times before.

Since this is the second time this season we've seen a contestant say that they've practiced a challenge/puzzle at home, I'd like to think that this would give the producers incentive to change things up because that's repetitive if a contestant can put together a challenge perfectly at home.  I mean if future players didn't have this idea to practice at home they might get it after this season.

And I'm not impressed with Carson for that, either.

• Like 5
Just now, iMonrey said:

Well to be fair, Survivor has been repeating puzzles for years and still very few players seem to have wised up to the idea of practicing them before coming on the show. I think Spencer is the only other person I remember practicing a puzzle like Carson did and similarly he solved it in under a minute. But most people do not so it's probably why they keep repeating them. I mean there are still players who come on this show not knowing how to make fire. 

• Like 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

And I'm not impressed with Carson for that, either.

I will if he starts a pattern of contestants zipping through challenges and making Survivor change the challenges for future seasons.

I know last season, we had someone also practice one of the challenges (I can't remember who) but if Carson beasts these puzzles from hereonout due to pratice and it eventually gets Survivor to switch the challenges up, I'll be happy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Josh is throwing out Yam Yam's name to Lauren and Heidi.  

Lauren and Heidi are know talking about Josh's non-existent idol.  Heidi wants to target Josh.  She seems pretty cool, I wish they'd show her more.

Seems to me more of the players see Josh as a threat while Yam Yam is just someone who doesn't have any numbers and that spells more trouble for Josh. But I think the other players are underestimating Yam Yam. He's the kind of player that if he squeaks by can make some big moves down the line when it counts the most. 

• Like 2

I get these contestants can't help the circumstances they are dealt, but hearing them act like not eating for 13 days is a big deal makes me think of the contestants who went 26 barely eating anything (and still had 13 days left to go in the game).

I think Josh's phantom idol might come back to bite him.  His name is getting thrown out at the merge feast.  Brandon also doesn't forgive Kane for voting for him at the first TC (I feel like Kane got set up thanks to Matt, who isn't even here now).

Brandon was incredible physically for purple on that challenge.

You’re either really visual or you’re not.  Carson just “sees” the shapes and where they go.  Yes, he practiced a lot which was a big advantage, but he couldn’t have known it was that particular puzzle — he just sees shapes of things super quickly.  Some people really do.  

Jamie tires me out.  The tears…and I’m a VIP who knows more about all of the tribes and if no one sees that, they’re blind.  Ugh.

• Like 4

I love Carolyn.  Even at a table that doesn't turn into a bro-down no one is taking her seriously.  I like to think she's seriously being underestimated and everyone will realize how right on she was-but I'm afraid it'll be the opposite.

• Like 3
(edited)

We believe what Carolyn says but they do not. That leads me to believe there's some favorable editing going on here.

Poor Carolyn; these people keep underestimating her. She's so right and nobody is listening to her, as per usual.

Is everyone really that stupid or are we not seeing why they don't pay any attention to Carolyn?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 3

I just love the look on her face.  Reminds me of Buzz Lightyear continuing to believe he was a space ranger, and Woody getting that look on his face before screaming "You.Are.A.Toyyy!"  Carolyn is surrounded by people who are in the land of make believe.

• Like 5
(edited)

Carolyn still reminds me of Kristin Johnson from 3rd rock From The Sun.

Same energy and she's so freaking funny

Edited by vb68
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
Just now, vb68 said:

Carolyn still reminds me of Kristin Johnson from #rd rock From The Sun.

Same energy and she's so freaking funny

THAT'S who she reminds me of!  I had not been able to figure it out!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

So Yam Yam is off the table and now it's between Josh and Kane?

Well, at least according to the greatest player of all time, Jaime.

• LOL 3

Minority opinion but I am impressed by young Carson.  He articulated a winner's strategy and ripped through that puzzle like nothing flat.  I don't care that he practiced it.  That's what players should do, just like learning to make fire.  In fact, I will go out on a limg riht now and pick him as my winner.

Other than Carson, Brandin single-handedly won that challenge for their team.  I am happy for them as all of my favorites are on that team.

The teams are tying themselves in knots about whether Josh has an idol even though Carolyn told them the truth.

Yam Yam and Josh the "girl" alliance.  I love it!

• Like 8