Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E03: Sneaky Little Snake LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

A budding romance could become an easy target for one tribe. Also, one castaway hopes to convince the tribe of their worth to stay another day.

Original airdate 3/15/23 

Just now, LadyChatts said:

I don't like Carson.  Just way too much of a fanboy and making moves for the sake of making them.

I find that he has an ego that's just brewing on the surface. I think he's the type who will not react well the moment he gets himself into trouble.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I find that he has an ego that's just brewing on the surface. I think he's the type who will not react well the moment he gets himself into trouble.

I like how it doesn't even dawn on him that Yam Yam or Carolyn could turn on him with Sarah and vote him out.  Yeah, he's great when he's calling the shots.  I hope there comes a point soon where he's not.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh no, the first sob story of the night. I wonder if it's because they don't have enough content. 

Maybe a boring boot tonight.  I hope Soka loses immunity, I just want to see the dynamics over there more.  Hey, speaking of Soka, more of Matthew and Frannie throwing hearts at each other!  And Claire complaining about the lovebirds.  Glad we're seeing something new over there.

• Like 1

Okay Danny, I don't think you need to be that careful with eating the piece of paper that talks about the fake coin.  Why not plant it on somebody?

Smart though to replace the idol with the fake silver coin.  I think that could be a gamble if someone finds it and soon realize it's not the real idol.

• Like 1
Just now, Pepper the Cat said:

Do people really eat paper?

No, they only do when they're trying way too hard to seem "cute" on Survivor. And I like Danny well enough but he's trying way too hard right now. I feel like he watched Tony's seasons and is trying to replicate his manic shit.

• Like 5

Danny seems like he might well be the actual smartest person out there.

That's not saying much.

There's really no reason to trick someone into thinking they have an idol except to screw with them and make them look like a fool. It's manufactured for the TV audience to laugh at but again, the game is just playing the contestants rather than the other way around.

• Like 3
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Danny reminds me of Tony...but he's, like, ten times more likeable.

I tried to like this more than once but alas.

The forward roll was over the top and yet also adorable.

• Like 1
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

No, they only do when they're trying way too hard to seem "cute" on Survivor. And I like Danny well enough but he's trying way too hard right now. I feel like he watched Tony's seasons and is trying to replicate his manic shit.

I don't think it's a bad plan, though. Eventually, someone will want to open the cage and might get paranoid enough to start calling people out. It may be a slim shot, but I think it's not a huge risk for Danny to put the fake idol back and then re-hide the key. It could work out in his favour if successful.

• Like 4

Okay Danny, I don't think you need to be that careful with eating the piece of paper that talks about the fake coin.  Why not plant it on somebody?

Smart though to replace the idol with the fake silver coin.  I think that could be a gamble if someone finds it and soon realize it's not the real idol.

How will they know? There is no way to learn that until they try to play it. Since the producers shook up the idol/fake idol for each tribe.

2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Matt and Frannie are definitely losing sight on why they are out there.

Danny seems like he might well be the actual smartest person out there.

I kind of feel like it's more Matt really leaning into his rebound showmance romance.  Not excusing Frannie, but I wish she'd get her head out of the clouds and get away from Matt.  There will be time after the show to make smoochy faces at each other.  I like them both, so I just don't want this to hurt them.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's not saying much.

There's really no reason to trick someone into thinking they have an idol except to screw with them and make them look like a fool. It's manufactured for the TV audience to laugh at but again, the game is just playing the contestants rather than the other way around.

I’m sure that or is what the producers were hoping someone would do. 

• Like 1

LOL, Matt found the key that Danny replanted. 

I don't really see why that's funny. It's rubbing me the wrong way. HA HA HA HA HA HA Matt is stupid he thinks he has an idol! Danny tricked him isnt' that funny HA HA HA HA HA. 

Ugh. 

• Like 2

Of course Matthew finds the key and is going to take Danny's bait.  

What's Danny's plan here?  Wouldn't it be smarter to let Matthew just think he has the fake idol and let him tell everyone/people find it when they search through his belongings.  I feel like he's also overplaying here.

• Like 2
Just now, iMonrey said:

I don't really see why that's funny. It's rubbing me the wrong way. HA HA HA HA HA HA Matt is stupid he thinks he has an idol! Danny tricked him isnt' that funny HA HA HA HA HA. 

Ugh. 

I mean, this is the exact purpose of the fake idol, to trick the holder of it to use it.

Danny's doing exactly what the show wants.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I’m sure that or is what the producers were hoping someone would do. 

Oh yeah.  They couldn't even leave it to fate and have someone craft a fake idol like the old days.  They handed them a fake one to create chaos.  

• Like 2

Of course Matthew finds the key and is going to take Danny's bait.  

What's Danny's plan here?  Wouldn't it be smarter to let Matthew just think he has the fake idol and let him tell everyone/people find it when they search through his belongings.  I feel like he's also overplaying here.

Yeah, he overplayed by going to Matt and Josh to talk about what he found.

He just needed to stay silent, knowing he knew who has the fake idol.

• Like 3

I feel bad for Matt because he really has no reason to believe the thing he found is a fake idol. It had an official note and everything.

Some people have been dumb to believe almost anything is an idol, but he really isn't.

• Like 5