Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

It was Sylvia, they had to make sandwiches for the quick fire.  I’m still not sure what she made in the main challenge.  You were very lucky to have been in the UK.  I love it there.

Thank you! It’s so cool watching the places they are driving by and recognizing them, ‘we saw that last week’. Loved London, I hope I get to go back one day. 

• Like 4

Ali's dish looks so attractive with the giant leaves on top.     I like so many of the ideas. 

However, Tom's frozen dish looks like Halloween, and had a lot of issues according to Gail.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I don’t think anyone should be judged on the story.  Like it’s nice to hear the various interpretations of what a story needed to be, but the end result should **only** be about the food bites.  

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I know! Me either. It sounds like Dale and Victoire on the bottom.

Along with Tom or Nichole but I think her story saved her.  Dale, tom and victoire. She goes home

I hated the look of Tom's dish, and think Tom and Dale should be on the bottom. 

Congratulations to Charbel, Ali, and Amar on being the top three.    Their dishes looked wonderful. 

Dale, Victoire and Tom, I know who I hope goes to LCK. 

I think Tom should go to LCK, because his dish wasn't anything like the challenge.    So, LCK will be interesting.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awkward BMW commercial featuring Dale right after he's called out on the bottom three. I guess that means he stays?

Don't want to lose Victoire. Wouldn't miss Tom. Big time stink face when he was called to the bottom three. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Poutine is made with beef?   No Gabri.  It is French fries, gravy and cheese curds.

That confused me, too.

(Also, either my airing is behind or yours is ahead, as you saw that scene a good two minutes before I did.)

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Poutine is made with beef?   No Gabri.  It is French fries, gravy and cheese curds.   Confession:  I hate gravy so I’ve never tried it.  

I knew something was off when he was talking about poutine, and subbing chicken for beef, but everything was so wild in the kitchen that I didn't even realize it was wrong.   It is beef gravy, but I suspect that Padma and the guest judge won't be happy about Gabri's Poutine.  Wow! I was so wrong, and Padma and Judy Joo loved Gabri's poutine-esque dish. 

I loved last weeks' judge coming to hang out and encourage the cheftestants.   That was so heartwarming. 

I love the mies en place race!

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

Gabri was pissed his team was ignoring him.  He tried to tell them he didn’t know how to do the lamb.  

Wow, you're way ahead.  What are you watching this on?

18 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Gabri was pissed his team was ignoring him.  He tried to tell them he didn’t know how to do the lamb.  

I don't blame Gabri for that.  Lack of communication has doomed contestants before, and ignoring him is so wrong.  

Gabri peeling and chopping the prickly pears reminds me of Huang in his Mise en place race.   I love seeing the different cheftestants excell in this. 

Gabri and Ali's team (and Tom?) are in such trouble, but if they had listened to Gabri about the lamb, maybe they wouldn't be. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

It was good of Buddha to make a dessert when he had immunity, and leaving the better dishes for his teammates.    I'm really worried about Ali and Gabri, maybe this will be the way to get rid of Tom? 

Good for Gabri, Ali, and Tom.  They really pulled out a victory from a tough situation.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

It's commercial break before the green team presents, and I can't decide whether their strategy to all use lamb, with two of them having to make dishes that highlight another ingredient, is good or bad.

7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

It's commercial break before the green team presents, and I can't decide whether their strategy to all use lamb, with two of them having to make dishes that highlight another ingredient, is good or bad.

And ... as soon as I saw the judges eat the dishes, I knew it was bad.

I knew Sara would not be up for elimination.  Whew!  (I like the others, too, mind you.)

• Like 1

Tom and Victoire’s countries didn’t do restaurant wars. Two teams. I’m glad they are focusing on the menu instead of setting up the restaurant and all that other stuff.

• Like 4
(edited)

I think they haven't picked them yet, but I'm not sure. I love they call Charbel Onion Boy.     I love seeing Clare Smyth, and will love seeing Core restaurant.  I'm so glad they're using an existing restaurant, and a professional restaurant director. 

Teams are:

team 1 : Roots - Victoire, Tom, Nicole, Gabri 

Team 2 - United Kitchen - Buddha, Amar, Ali, Sara.   Sara's right, they're forgetting that she's worked in a lot of Michelin star kitchens, and Buddha certainly has.  My money is bet on Team 2, Buddha.   I don't like Team 2's concept and emphasis on British food.   It's elegant dining, so they should do a theme that matches Core's usual menu better.  

Padma is absolute perfection tonight.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5

Interesting themes — I understand taking advantage of the 4 continents with the Roots team, but that has great potential for a super disjointed menu.  We shall see.  My money is on team Buddha.  I loved when Buddha said that Ali and Amar are a “bundle”.  Flo would smile if she heard that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1