Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/6/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 6 – Academy Award® nominee Brendan Fraser (“The Whale”)

Tuesday, March 7 – Jimmy Fallon (“The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”; “That’s My Jam”); Former co-host Paula Faris (“You Don’t Have to Carry It All”)

Wednesday, March 8 – Hayden Panettiere (“Scream VI”); Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (“A Most Intriguing Lady”)

Thursday, March 9 – Kerry Washington (“Unprisoned”); Margaret Cho (“Prom Pact”; “Helpsters”)

Friday, March 10 – Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin (“Moving On”)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Can’t stand Jimmy Fallon.

• When he started on SNL in late 1998 and for years, he was like a happy new puppy looking for love...endearing.
  • There's no longer a need to try so hard; he reeks of desperation.  So sad, Jimmy...so sad.  
  • He's EXTREMELY talented.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

There's no longer a need to try so hard; he reeks of desperation.

I agree he's talented, especially doing impressions, and he's probably a nice guy, but yeah, he blows too much smoke.  Every guest is the best-ever-most-wonderful-multi-talented-my-idol, etc.  It gets tiresome.  I only watch his show when someone I like is on.

I feel bad for Hayden Panettiere having to promote a movie two weeks after her brother's death.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I feel bad for Hayden Panettiere having to promote a movie two weeks after her brother's death.

Yikes!   I don't follow her or know about her movie...but I remember her "back when."  I agree...very sad and difficult.

• Like 1

I'm most looking forward to Paula, Cho, and Fonda + Tomlin, but several of the others are good, too. The downside is it's probably going to be 10 minutes of Hot Topics and then nothing but interviews the whole week. /sigh  Monday and Friday only have one guest each, but of course you have to account for View Your Deal.  🙄

23 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I've always had a soft spot for Sarah Ferguson (don't ask me why, I'm not entirely sure!) so will definitely be tuning in for her.

Because she was married to prince Andrew?  Sometimes she's like an eager to please Labrador puppy.

16 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Yikes - Fergie????

Why yikes?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Yikes - Fergie????

Book tour I'm guessing

On 3/4/2023 at 3:06 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I've always had a soft spot for Sarah Ferguson (don't ask me why, I'm not entirely sure!) so will definitely be tuning in for her.

I agree, despite her questionable behavior.  I think she, like Diana, were young naive girls abandoned by their mothers, absent fathers, who were desperate for love and were either sold a bill of goods (Diana) or were smitten (Sarah) and then their plans didn't turn out like they hoped and they had little skills and no help to deal with them.  I am guessing she writes book for reasons other than creativity, such as income.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Holy moley, the pillow guy is sponsoring The View????  How did that happen?

”Poor man’s Willy Wonka”. That was funny!

Really good interview with Brendan F. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Holy moley, the pillow guy is sponsoring The View????  How did that happen?

”Poor man’s Willy Wonka”. That was funny!

Really good interview with Brendan F. 

I noticed this, too. I am not happy about it.

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I noticed this, too. I am not happy about it.

yeah, who determines what commercials/companies sponsor the shows?  this is a big fail by whomever it is

• Like 7

I was so disappointed to see the maskless audience members today. Until today, my daily dose of the View audience gave me hope that there are still good people out there who care about the safety of others. The pandemic is not over. Those smiles that Whoopi was so happy to see can be spreading Covid to those around them. I cannot help but wonder if social pressure prevented some from following their consciences.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, heart2hearttime said:

I was so disappointed to see the maskless audience members today. Until today, my daily dose of the View audience gave me hope that there are still good people out there who care about the safety of others. The pandemic is not over. Those smiles that Whoopi was so happy to see can be spreading Covid to those around them. I cannot help but wonder if social pressure prevented some from following their consciences.

Me, too. I was thinking that the stuff that Whoopi was saying praising no mask wearing audience sounded a lot like famous last words. Wasn't Whoopi out recently several days after being sick with a cold or flu? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was surprised they had required masks for so long.  

I was just at a Broadway musical this past Saturday (& Juliet, it was a lot of fun!), there was nary a mask to be seen.  I'm vaxxed and boosted, I felt very comfortable (except for the tight seat!).

• Like 1

Jimmy Fallon showed more of that clip from his show on Today. It is fantastic, My Heart Will Go On as a rock song. She should really record it. But he did confess the singers are given the songs earlier and have a chance to rehearse before the show. 

• Like 1
Just now, Bookish Jen said:

Something about Paula Faris bugs me.

I know Exactly what bugs me about her. She said her dream was to open a crisis pregnancy center aka clinics that deceive women.  The day she said that, I knew all I wanted to know about her. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, flummoxd said:

Quit with the “View and A,”  fer cripes sake.  None of the panel seemed to care, why should we?  More hot topics and less time fillers, please.

I don’t know why the producers thought anyone wanted this. I guess the 4am guy got tired of looking at advice columns and they started writing their own questions?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Glad that Sara awakened from her both sides now view to accurately describe what really happened on Jan. 6, 2021, rather than straining to find half- truths in Tucker C’s highly edited scenes of “meek sightseers” in the Capitol. Sunny and Alyssa’s (the rehab continues) info re the long-term damage done to their friends, former Capitol police officers, was also appreciated.  I enjoy the discussions of so-called hot topics much more than celeb interviews, cooking demos, etc.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:
2 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Quit with the “View and A,”  fer cripes sake.  None of the panel seemed to care, why should we?  More hot topics and less time fillers, please.

I don’t know why the producers thought anyone wanted this. I guess the 4am guy got tired of looking at advice columns and they started writing their own questions?

OR...maybe everyone got tired of Whoopi's antics whenever the Reddit (or other) "problems" were presented.  She makes her dislike known ... and eventually the segment is deleted.  Perhaps BETTER questions, selected by MORE MATURE "4am guys" might help.  Until then, they need to be creative with each other and the guests.

15 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I thought Paula was a fantastic guest today and sold her book well. She made the most of her short time.

She seemed extremely RUSHED and INTENT on getting her story out.  She's a professional at that desk and knows how to not be deterred.  I would have liked a more relaxed and not so intense presentation.  I doubt if many books will be sold as a result of this appearance.

• Like 1
(edited)

Sunny sure can ruin a punchline.  Well...in the case of Jimmy Fallon, telelgraphed the punchline.  SURELY all the hosts knew he was going to tell his Derek Jeter story about Bottle Service.  Sunny can't resist...she has to let everyone know that SHE (and she alone?) knows what Bottle Service is.  He starts to tell his story and Sunny interrupts, "It's VERY expensive!" ... but Jimmy pushes on.  Those who might NOT have known how expensive it could be aren't as suprised by the "four thousand dollars," because The Only One Who Knows About All Things Expensive..."roon't the punchline."   It's VERY expensive.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 5

Paula's face looked to stretched or Botoxed. It didn't look like that in the home video she showed, though.

Usually, Jimmy Fallon annoys me, but I actually enjoyed him on here. Perhaps he's a better guest than host. Wish Ana was there so she and Jimmy could have out-namedropped each other. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I know Exactly what bugs me about Paula. She said her dream was to open a crisis pregnancy center aka clinics that deceive women.  The day she said that, I knew all I wanted to know about her. 

Yeah. I understand what bugs you and I agree.

Not to be unkind to the lady (MVOTV) with the podcast about The View. But when I found out as a conservative christian she cannot support gay adoption I was stunned and my entire positive appreciation for her intellect and opinions changed.

Edited by Michael T.
clarity
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Michael T. said:

Yeah. I understand what bugs you and I agree.

Not to be unkind to the lady (MVOTV) with the podcast about The View. But when I found out as a conservative christian she cannot support gay adoption I was stunned and my entire positive appreciation for her intellect and opinions changed.

Thank you for the heads up on the bigoted Podcaster. I just unsubscribed from that mess. 

• Applause 2

Fun show the past two days. Personally, I thought View & A was cute--but that's because I accept that The View will always have some fluff topics of that nature, it's a neat idea to have viewers write them in instead of searching random things out online. TBH, Joy's reaction to the other ladies' fussiness on the topic yesterday ("This is too heavy for me...") made me laugh, and surprisingly Whoopi's reaction to today's was the best one this time. 

I wonder why Panettiere wasn't there? I loved seeing Paula Faris yesterday, although I was surprised it was to push a book of all things.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Personally, I thought View & A was cute--but that's because I accept that The View will always have some fluff topics of that nature, it's a neat idea to have viewers write them in instead of searching random things out online.

I agree. They should change it to ONCE a week--that one day when Whoopi isn't there to rain on everyone's parade:  Friday's View & A.  And select DECENT questions--they don't have to be ridiculous or hilarious? Whoopi, we ALL know you're so much better than anyone on the panel or in the audience (in person or viewing), yet you CONTINUE to remind us...daily--if only by facial expressions.

P.S.  Joy's the moderator on Fridays, let her select the questions.  She has good lead-in questions and a good therapy background.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1

Interesting but not surprising (as she does come across occasionally as money-motivated) that Sunny previously worked at “FNC” - agreed with her that it should be called Fox Entertainment Channel, but disagreed that “we all know” that Fox commentators aren’t airing bonafide “news.”  Fox has a huge nightly audience, most of whom seem to believe they are watching actual news broadcasts delivered by Fox’s top anchors. Kudos to The View for continuing to cover and comment on the Dominion vs Fox NEWS Channel lawsuit.  Maybe some Viewers will be enlightened.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

thought it was funny that, just the other day, one of the commercials was for the crappy pillow guy and Joy said something about them at least not having that guy as a sponsor.

did someone complain and get that sponsor taken off asap?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Wish Ana was there so she and Jimmy could have out-namedropped each other. 

I enjoy Ana's name-dropping, especially when Sunny is COMPELLED to jump in and say, "He's a close friend of mine too!" and Ana tries to  finish her story.

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Could Sunny bend over any further in kissing Sarah Ferguson's ass ? OMFG !

Hoping to get on ANY/ALL possible invitation lists where Fergie might have even the smallest input?  Sucking up is so difficult to watch.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, cinsays said:

thought it was funny that, just the other day, one of the commercials was for the crappy pillow guy and Joy said something about them at least not having that guy as a sponsor.

did someone complain and get that sponsor taken off asap?  

Or maybe she doesn't know.  I had no idea till a friend told me.  I watch on Hulu so I never see the commercials that air during the View.

17 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Kudos to The View for continuing to cover and comment on the Dominion vs Fox NEWS Channel lawsuit.  Maybe some Viewers will be enlightened.

There might be some overlap between Fox News viewers and View viewers but not much.  I do find it insane that whenever the View says something that isn't true due to a legitimate mistake they are made to correct it. But Fox News Entertainment can lie with impunity with the defense of well any sane person knows not to believe us. 

18 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

The Sarah Ferguson interview was nice,

I agree.  She was a good guest.  Of course they wouldn't ask her about Andrew.  I've always liked her aside from her terrible taste in men.  I bet she is a fun grandma.

• Like 5
(edited)

You go, Katie Porter!  I’ve been thinking about cancelling my Walgreens account too. This pill isn’t used only to terminate a pregnancy, it is also used when there’s been a miscarriage.  The side effects are nowhere near as bad as being forced to carry a dead embryo. Alyssa doesn’t know what she’s talking about. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

You go, Katie Porter!  I’ve been thinking about cancelling my Walgreens account too. This pill isn’t used only to terminate a pregnancy, it is also used when there’s been a miscarriage.  The side effects are nowhere near as bad as being forced to carry a dead embryo. Alyssa doesn’t know what she’s talking about. 

I've been trying to decide what to do about the Walgreens situation and so far haven't decided. I don't question peoples intentions but what about the people who work there who may end up jobless, they don't get to be so self righteous if it means putting food on the table & they're not the ones who made the decision.

Alyssa takes her plays from her ex boss' playbook, shoot first, second & third & don't worry about the truth or asking questions at all, never mind later.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1