Type keyword(s) to search

Will Trent in the Media

DEL901
  • Start Topic

Bluebell... what a cute name! 

Meet Betty, the Real Star of 'Will Trent'

Betty is not named for animal-lover Betty White. In fact, the dog who plays Betty is really named Bluebell. Per her professional trainer April Macklin—who’s worked with her since 2018—she’s a pure Chihuahua, “a bit of a rescue” and about 8 years old. Plus, she’s British! Bluebell was one of several dogs who played Emma Stone’s pooch Wink in the 2021 film Cruella. Bluebell and Macklin soon uprooted to Atlanta.

228e688cc8b89e4b005245d28e5ca9cc350ca0d6

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ramon Rodriguez, who plays Will, was a featured guest on Tamran Hall today.  She raved about the show.   I hope everyone likes it as much as she does.  Ramon was very friendly.  It was the first time I’ve seen him in an interview.  He sure looked pale though.  Don’t they have a makeup person to touch up the guests?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I'm thrilled about it. I've been quietly watching but had been nervous about it not getting renewed, so it was a show I started drifting from recently.

But knowing it does well and it's coming back, I guess I can catch up on the last two episodes I've missed.

• Like 4

For those who may recall,  Ramon had a recurring role in season 4 of the series The Affair.  It was a memorable role.  The actress who played his love interest left the series due to alleged improper sexual content of her scenes, however, her allegations were about things that happened prior to Ramon’s season.  Here’s  a clip from that season. 

(edited)

The dog who plays Betty deserves an award for best actress. She has so much charisma, it's outrageous. I like animals, but not all the ones you see on camera are this magnetic.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 9
  • Love 3

They've been running repeats of the show for months now. Sometimes one a week, sometimes what comes closer to a marathon. I really hope that running all these eps during the strike and post-strike months has meant more people will have tried the show and loved it. I want the ratings to be sky high so it sticks around a while.

• Like 5
On 2/16/2024 at 11:42 PM, Acmeproducts said:

Erika Christensen talks a bit about Will / Angie.

Although Angie is not my favorite character (and I don't compare to the books because I've not read them), I must say that Erika looks really nice in this interview!  Very pretty with great hair and makeup, kind of glammed up a bit from her usual scenes in the show, but natural with a nice personality.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:17 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Susan Kelechi Watson again!

• Applause 1

Will Trent EPs on Expanding the World in Season 2 — and What Lies Ahead for Angie, Faith and Ormewood

“We wanted to start the season with Will working on himself. He’s got a lot to explore with his new relationship to his family, and whether or not he is going to be able to find a living relative to talk to, so I think that put him in a place where he wasn’t as codependent as normal.”

“The intention of bringing Crystal back is to show the fallout, and not just pretend like that story never happened. Now that Angie has some more time on her hands, Crystal comes back into her life and subsequent episodes will explore what that looks like. How can she take care of this girl?”

“It feels like a way to throw a problem into his lap that he doesn’t see coming, and then watch how he recovers from that, to explore what’s going on with his wife, and to force him to play a bigger role in the lives of his children and see how that unfolds over the season. We also [wanted] to do an affair story that feels different. We watch Ormewood realize that his wife may have done this for reasons that are different from the reasons that he [cheated on her] in the past.”

“I don’t think Faith has had a serious relationship, ever, in her adult life. It’s been easy for her, with her son growing up and having a full-time job that she was really committed to, to put her personal life on the back burner. Now, she has this opportunity to see what it looks like to have an exclusive relationship. Faith is slowly figuring out what this is and how to trust Luke. He’s a reporter, and the relationship between law enforcement and journalists naturally has some conflict, which is good for us, and they have great chemistry.”

• Useful 1

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Ghosts, FBI: Most Wanted, Grey’s, TWD, Chicago P.D., Station 19 and More!

Q: I liked Mark-Paul Gosselaar’s character on Will Trent. Yes, Paul Campano was a jerk, but he is like a brother to Will. Will he be back?

“We want to” have him back, executive producer Daniel Thomsen recently told TVLine. “I mean, we’re super thrilled that his show” — NBC’s already-renewed Found — “is doing well. Really happy for him. We worked with him on [Fox’s] The Passage, as well, and he brings so much.” But EP Liz Heldens also wants to temper expectations for any MPG encore during this strikes-shortened Season 2, noting, “We’re doing our best with this 10-episode order.”

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Will Trent’s Sonja Sohn on Amanda’s ‘Crisis of Conscience’ and the Trauma That Altered Her Character’s Journey

A caption from Sonja Sohn's IG:

A MUST WATCH EPISODE — Amanda’s past comes back to haunt her TONIGHT.

Playing the boss on most police procedurals can be, by and large, a sideline job. Your character generally gets to kick off the case, crack a whip or two and dole out a few pats on the back to wrap up it all up. As an actor, once you accept a role, the rest of it is out of your control. You thank God, do your best, cash the check, keep it moving - and HOPE. Hope that you are a part of a project that means something — a piece of Art that might elucidate issues of the time or open hearts and minds to peel back the filters through which each of us view the world to teach us something about ourselves or the world around us.

How surprised was I to discover that on @willtrentabc GBI Boss Lady Amanda would get to represent much more than just the supervisor? There is so much to say about this character and what she has brought to my life. I’m getting a little choked up right now thinking about it.

You want to see why? TUNE IN TONIGHT as the amazing @willtrentabc team of creatives - from the writers @indawritesthings & @rebeccamurga to the director @holly_dale and the entire WT crew, including @timgillisdp - give you an unforgettable episode that brings another dimension to Amanda’s backstory. I put my heart in this one, y’all. Amanda and I are lock step - exploring her dreams, her pain, her struggles & her resilience. Together, in this episode, we discover the cost of being The Boss as a woman — on television and in real life. Come see what it's all about. TONIGHT 8PM @willtrentabc

19 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Ramón Rodríguez on Will Trent Season Three, Having a Fan Club & No One Knowing His Actual Birthday

He's dreamy; I'm a few years younger than most of the fan club, but I think I'd fit right in.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Ramón Rodríguez on Will Trent Season Three, Having a Fan Club & No One Knowing His Actual Birthday

Oh my goodness, he is freakin' adorable. 😍 At first, it was weird seeing him out of character.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1