Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Thread

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Did we get the good singers last week? My vote would go to the Scorpion to move on.

She's just about the worst singer they've ever had on.

Moose - in the clues they said he went on to be king on another show. Wasn't Ed O'Neill the Closet King?

1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

John Goodman is a good guess. The Connors house is yellow.  

I was wondering about him earlier, but he can actually carry a tune and this guy really couldn't.

17 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Once again, I have never heard of this woman. 

There's a really good chance that nobody on the panel had heard of her either.

I'm glad they didn't use the stupid bell to save her.

• Like 4
(edited)

So Nicole is dressed as Sean Young from Blade Runner. It looks ok. Thank God Robin doesn't have a shirt open to his navel this week.

ETA: That Barbie movie looks surreal and appears to have naughty jokes that little kids won't understand.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

I feel like this is the weakest week for the judges outfits. They’re ok, but if I didn’t know this was movie week, I’d never guess it. 

I hope whoever they save with the bell is worth it. As we’ve gone forward, their old saves are a bit iffy now. 

Still love Doll and I’m hoping it’s who I’ve seen posted on a few sites. 

• Like 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Every week Ken guesses that one of the female contestants is Reese Witherspoon. The one week he doesn't guess Reese it probably will be her.

I’m sorta used to his off-the-wall guesses now, but I’d love for one of them to be correct one day. Just for the sheer WTF-ness of it all. 

Damn, quite an intro package from Mantis. Voice sounded older than I was expecting, but that was fun. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Wait a sec, all 3 could technically move on, right? 

Or not 😂 Was hoping he’d make it through. IMO, Doll wasn’t the worst of the night. It’s not fair that Dee can walk in heels better than I can. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

That Barbie movie looks surreal and appears to have naughty jokes that little kids won't understand.

From the promo it didn't look like it was a movie for kids at all.

• Like 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

With the Doll revealed it felt like the episode was over. 

The only problem with that is we’ll probably have obvious one-and-dones next week. Although either of these would be better than Medusa in a sing-off. Can’t recall who the other save was right now. 

Thanks for the memory refresh, @NeenerNeener

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

But it leads to an extra episode, so it balances out.

It does, I just have a limit to how much I can take before I start wishing I wasn’t watching live so I could ff’d through most of it or that they’d do something more entertaining like letting Nicole/Robin sing without it having to be a group affair. 

This season has had some great performers on it.  For awhile they had too many youtube/reality/ influencer types on. I felt like that's all they could get and the show had jumped the shark and was getting ready to end. Now it seems like a lot of stars from different genres (music, sports, movies, TV) all want to be on it just for the "experience".

• Like 5

The new format where everything is basically plotted out in advance probably helps. An artist knows they only have to show up for an episode or two unless they want to "go long", and that's easier to fit in their schedules than a longer commitment of unknown duration. And I do think a lot of artists do like the anonymity of the show and the chance to show off their singing chops in a way independent of their reputation (for better or worse). 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

The speculation has changed from 

Spoiler

Vanessa Williams

to 

Spoiler

Alicia Witt

and I think the 2nd one is right. The voice and the piano-playing were right. Holy Crap! Ken may be right!

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

The speculation has changed from 

Reveal spoiler

Vanessa Williams

to 

Reveal spoiler

Alicia Witt

and I think the 2nd one is right. The voice and the piano-playing were right. Holy Crap! Ken may be right!

Oh man, I may have jinxed us last week. Sorry everybody 😂

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Song choice may have killed Dandelion.

Song choice for Lamp wasn’t great, either. I was having flashbacks to dumb razor commercials from the late 90’s. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1